PDA

View Full Version : First time Triumvirate appearance in draft/tournament?

silverlocke
12-21-2014, 10:52 PM
So I was playing in a draft this afternoon and I was doing quite well.

I was ahead, with some board control, 14 life to my opponent's 3 life.

Suddenly he busts out Born Of The Flame.

Boom instant Triumvirate. This card turns the tides in his favor due to speed and its numerous effects. I am now behind with 2 life to his 17 life.

What is the next card that I draw? Why Born Of The Flame of course!

Unfortunately my troops were absolute crap, especially compared to the Triumvirate.

I have never heard of a tournament condition play of the Triumvirate before, so I think I am the first victim (?).

Also paired with double Born Of The Flame, very interesting overall. I drew Born Of The Flame in the next draft I played as well. Gogo randomization...

Osthall
12-21-2014, 10:57 PM
Hah!

Mate, when your opponent gets off the Trium - by whatever means, you just have to accept Kismet's will with a smile on your face :)

(also - your troops we're pretty boss too, just no trium :p)

magic_gazz
12-22-2014, 12:14 AM
Never in draft, but I have done it in a constructed event.

Its a ton of fun to finally pull it off, but it is winning more.

Lyckan
12-22-2014, 02:41 AM
I do not want to rain on anyones parade but I got a triumvirate in the release celebration weekend.

Osthall
12-22-2014, 02:50 AM
I do not want to rain on anyones parade but I got a triumvirate in the release celebration weekend.

And Goremaster AA; nice roll xD

nicosharp
12-22-2014, 03:12 AM
good eye. Still have yet to play the Born of the flame, but I've had 3 in my decks during draft. Pretty amazing that it can proc Trium

Lyckan
12-22-2014, 05:48 AM

I was wondering if this meant that the cards that have AA have doubble chance to show up... :P

Vorpal
12-23-2014, 03:15 PM
I like it, I think it is a neat touch.

hex_colin
12-23-2014, 08:04 PM
So I was playing in a draft this afternoon and I was doing quite well.

I was ahead, with some board control, 14 life to my opponent's 3 life.

Suddenly he busts out Born Of The Flame.

Boom instant Triumvirate. This card turns the tides in his favor due to speed and its numerous effects. I am now behind with 2 life to his 17 life.

What is the next card that I draw? Why Born Of The Flame of course!

Unfortunately my troops were absolute crap, especially compared to the Triumvirate.

I have never heard of a tournament condition play of the Triumvirate before, so I think I am the first victim (?).

Also paired with double Born Of The Flame, very interesting overall. I drew Born Of The Flame in the next draft I played as well. Gogo randomization...

Nope - I drafted it before early in Beta. I have a screenshot somewhere on my home PC. :) Pretty awesome nonetheless. :)