PDA

View Full Version : The FiveShards Diamond Cup presented by Tecnophi!

Zubrin
12-26-2014, 07:04 PM
All the details you can eat are here: http://fiveshards.com/diamond-cup/

Feel free to post any questions you have here and I (or other Shard Cup admins) will answer them.

Hexgo
12-27-2014, 03:21 PM
Set 2 cards only?
:-(

N3rd4Christ
12-27-2014, 05:03 PM
This is gonna be fun

poizonous
12-29-2014, 01:40 AM
Zubrin, since I normally have to be out of my house by 6pm on saturday, im curious how long did the first day of blood cup take?

xou
12-29-2014, 04:11 AM
Zubrin, since I normally have to be out of my house by 6pm on saturday, im curious how long did the first day of blood cup take?
cant tell you exactly but close to 9 hours. it was very exhausting but fun nonetheless. :)

desk
12-29-2014, 06:10 AM
Set 2 only is a very interesting challenge. I am really looking forward to this.

I would like to commend everyone at five shards who helps organize and run these tournaments. I wasn't able to participate in the blood cup but all the tournament announcements, rules, and sponsorship posts have been very professional and have really impressed me.

All your hard work is very appreciated. Happy Holidays!

Oh and Happy Birthday Zubrin!

Zubrin
12-29-2014, 09:17 PM

It depends on entrants and how long rounds take. Last time it lasted about nine hours, but we had a 45 minute delay and a few long rounds. The delay issue from the Blood Cup was an error with Challonge that, if we encounter again, we know how to resolve quickly. Additionally, I am speculating that Diamond cup rounds will be less likely to go to time than Blood cup as there is less room for traditional control in the meta (maybe).

Whether we need 7 or 8 rounds will also depend on whether we surpass 128 players in the tournament again. We shall see!

Zubrin
12-29-2014, 09:19 PM
Set 2 only is a very interesting challenge. I am really looking forward to this.

I would like to commend everyone at five shards who helps organize and run these tournaments. I wasn't able to participate in the blood cup but all the tournament announcements, rules, and sponsorship posts have been very professional and have really impressed me.

All your hard work is very appreciated. Happy Holidays!

Oh and Happy Birthday Zubrin!

Thanks for your kind words, Desk. The Cups are currently run by Pentachills, Tecnophi, JuzamJedi, and me, so it is very much a team effort and we are trying to get a few more people involved. The FiveShards website itself is a much bigger project, but our writers and tech team include some of the strongest players in the game and we want to give them every possible opportunity to play hex that we can.

Gwaer
12-30-2014, 05:03 AM
I'd get involved, but I want to play in them too much, the sacrifice of all behind the scenes running these tournaments is noted and appreciated.

Hexgo
12-30-2014, 06:41 AM
Yeah sorry for the nagging, I just don't think I have the Set 2 cards until then.
I have to say it's absolutly awesome what you do and it's very much appriciated (also I didn't have the time to join on the Bloodcup unfortunatly). January has to be seen. I'm pretty sure I will have time in february to help out (before or after the event, and during the event if I'm not participating :-)) if there is still some space to fill.

Zubrin
12-30-2014, 02:34 PM
Yeah sorry for the nagging, I just don't think I have the Set 2 cards until then.
I have to say it's absolutly awesome what you do and it's very much appriciated (also I didn't have the time to join on the Bloodcup unfortunatly). January has to be seen. I'm pretty sure I will have time in february to help out (before or after the event, and during the event if I'm not participating :-)) if there is still some space to fill.

Yeah, it's a bit tough. Do you have any friends you can borrow cards from? That can help to fill in the gaps.

tecnophi
01-05-2015, 10:33 AM
Here's a quick info and rules video on the Diamond Cup: http://youtu.be/rJH2K96bFu0

Free feel to share with your friends and guild!

Zubrin
01-06-2015, 09:59 AM
Preliminary ban list. If you find more cases we need to evaluate, let us know asap.

http://fiveshards.com/preliminary-ban-list-for-the-diamond-cup-presented-by-tecnophi/

desk
01-06-2015, 10:34 AM
grave nibbler needs to be banned

Zubrin
01-06-2015, 03:05 PM
Yup, it's banned. I missed a section while putting the document together.

Hexgo
01-07-2015, 03:27 AM
Yeah, it's a bit tough. Do you have any friends you can borrow cards from? That can help to fill in the gaps.

Thank you for your concern!
But I just went over the calendar and I really see no possibility to participate this month anyway. So problem solved :-/

Zubrin
01-08-2015, 09:57 AM
96 signups! Make sure to sign up soon!

Zubrin
01-09-2015, 08:12 PM
Final bans and warnings have been up: http://fiveshards.com/diamond-cup/

israel.kendall
01-10-2015, 11:01 AM
Woo the D-Cup is upon us, good luck everyone!

Showsni
01-12-2015, 01:08 PM
Thanks for running and sponsoring a fun tournament, everyone involved!

Warrender
01-12-2015, 01:12 PM
Here's the finals match for anyone who missed it:

http://youtu.be/k8PYcprieig