PDA

View Full Version : VIP times for EU players

Osthall
12-28-2014, 02:34 AM
Sure this has been mentioned before, but only a single VIP on Sunday (most people's free day) beginning at 5 p.m GMT blows.

In my case, Sunday is my only truly free-day over the weekend, and being on GMT+2 I'm expected to start a 4-round Sealed tournament at 7 p.m when I have work on Monday?

Not expecting sympathy, not asking for it. Just hoping soon the Hex guys will give us EU players something more tolerable than "stay up irresponsibly late, or get up stupidly early".

poizonous
12-28-2014, 03:02 AM
i agree with you and I'm on the east coast. the VIP times are not scheduled properly imho. only one Sunday tournament is a real let down it's. 5am here right now and i am just getting home from work. if i miss the noon tournament i will be mad because this is my last VIP tournament chance (no more tickets)

Kasbark
12-28-2014, 03:16 AM
Yeah, it really sucks that there are so long between the last and second-to-last VIP today. They could easily have fit one more into the 15 hour gap between the to.

Kroan
12-28-2014, 03:28 AM
Most Europeans are on GMT+1 right now, so that would be 6PM. A very reasonable time tbh. You can't accommodate everyone unfortunately. Also note that for a lot of people 6PM is a bit too early because kids that go to bed at 7 or 7.30. I like to play in the evening, even if I have to work the next day.

Truth be told, you could also just join and try to win 2-3 matches and then drop. I did that yesterday (sick in bed) so I was able to stop playing at 10PM, even though the event started at 8PM. It's not ideal, but better than not playing at all.

tldr; Any time you can think of somebody will be unsatisfied because reasons.

P.s: Turkey is not yet part of the EU :P Not until 2015

ossuary
12-28-2014, 06:56 AM
Like Kroan says, it's impossible to please everyone, especially when you're running an event that is open to the entire world. There will always be outliers no matter what times they use. "I work weekend, so the entire thing should be moved" is not a valid argument. It's unfortunate that a few individuals have trouble with the schedule - and believe me, I empathize with you, because it's not convenient for me either - but that's not a justification to move the times or overhaul the whole system (which would take time away from other development / planning work).

LNQ
12-28-2014, 07:00 AM
One additional tournament on Sunday would do the trick. No big changes necessary, just add one to start at noon GMT time on Sunday. Problem solved.

Yoss
12-28-2014, 09:22 AM
Async VIP Weekends!

HomerSimpson
12-28-2014, 09:33 AM
The timing of these made very little sense to me as well, There could have easily been another on the Saturday (Which I'd take a guess at when the majority have time to play), Dont see the need to have a 7 hour gap there between the 11am and the 6pm.

poizonous
12-28-2014, 11:53 AM
yeah the huge time gaps in between were the reason for question. i understand the reason for fewer tournaments throughout the weekend, to keep AA cards more valuable, but with tickets that expire and the removal of the VIP package they need a steady and consistent schedule.

magic_gazz
12-28-2014, 12:21 PM
If it starts at 7pm then it would be finished around 11pm.That is not really that late. I am sure you can stay up till 11pm once a month.

poizonous
12-28-2014, 12:56 PM
If it starts at 7pm then it would be finished around 11pm.That is not really that late. I am sure you can stay up till 11pm once a month.

what happens if he has to be up at 4 or 5am for work? My problem is that I am free during weekdays and my weekends are nightmares to get free time, Sunday being the best chance but not when there is only 1 VIP that day

Cernz
12-28-2014, 02:14 PM
Imm 7pm is optimal for EU players.

Kids went to sleep + finish time before midnight, cant find any negatives (for me).

FlyingMeatchip
12-28-2014, 07:33 PM
If your 3rd shift end of week worker the VIP schedule is even less favorable. I wake up after 4 hours sleep for the Friday morning tounament, if I miss that I can't do the evening tourny and can barely make the 5am one. Need a more favorable schedule, or make the VIP weekend the entire last week to accommodate Europeans and anyone that works 3rd shift/weekends.