PDA

View Full Version : Walled Garden.

Prodygi
12-31-2014, 09:43 AM
Happy New Year Hexxers!

As we move into 2015, I was wondering if CZE would give any info about Walled Garden. I'm not from NA/EU and so not knowing where I'll be playing in the future does worry me a little. Not only that, I've made friends and have grown somewhat attached to this fine community. It would suck if I was thrown into another pod.

If that were to happen, let me know early so I can plant a Doomsday device thingy before I go. ;_;

Again, Happy 2015!

Svenn
12-31-2014, 10:03 AM
It would help to know where you were from. ;)

This is the last info we have on what the gardens will be, but it's old so it may be outdated:
https://hextcg.com/big-news-for-hex/

http://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/GlobalTournamentServer.jpg

Prodygi
12-31-2014, 10:07 AM
Yea, I've seen this. Sadly my country(Singapore) isn't in it.

Svenn
12-31-2014, 10:13 AM
I believe (but I could be wrong) that Australia/New Zealand is supposed to be part of NA/EU garden? Unsure on Singapore.

bootlace
12-31-2014, 10:13 AM
Happy New Year Hexxers!

As we move into 2015, I was wondering if CZE would give any info about Walled Garden. I'm not from NA/EU and so not knowing where I'll be playing in the future does worry me a little. Not only that, I've made friends and have grown somewhat attached to this fine community. It would suck if I was thrown into another pod.

If that were to happen, let me know early so I can plant a Doomsday device thingy before I go. ;_;

Again, Happy 2015!

I would advise you to stay in the EU/NA garden until Hex grows big enough that those other gardens are self sustaining. I had a quick peek inside the Latin American garden and it was pretty dead inside, the AH had like 1 booster up and just a few legendaries.

You can always liquidate your collection in EU/NA if the SE Asia garden becomes a thing and you decide to make that your permanent home.

Xenavire
12-31-2014, 10:35 AM
If there are no cultural or legal issues forcing you into a walled garden outside the US/EU one, then you should be pretty safe. Singapore is fairly neutral so I think you should be paired with whichever server NZ/Aus go to (and thats looking like the US/EU one.)

And I think that image might be out of date - it is looking like they may have scrapped the regional tournament servers, but I couldn't say for sure. Cory made it sound that way, and if there is anything I trust him to get correct, its Esports related stuff, since thats his big PvP goal.

Prodygi
12-31-2014, 11:02 AM
I would advise you to stay in the EU/NA garden until Hex grows big enough that those other gardens are self sustaining. I had a quick peek inside the Latin American garden and it was pretty dead inside, the AH had like 1 booster up and just a few legendaries.

You can always liquidate your collection in EU/NA if the SE Asia garden becomes a thing and you decide to make that your permanent home.

I want to stay, i just do not know if I'm allowed to.

@Xen
Yea, but an official statement would be nice. I mean, we're pretty far into Hex's development already. Surely walled gardens are sorted out by now, right?

Xenavire
12-31-2014, 11:07 AM
I think its more of a 'whoever is playing on this server will stay there, and as new servers are added they will be gated'.

You should be perfectly safe, but I agree that official word would help.

Prodygi
12-31-2014, 11:22 AM
Then how would I tempt my RL friends to join me if we're gonna be in different garden?

Xenavire
12-31-2014, 11:45 AM
Then how would I tempt my RL friends to join me if we're gonna be in different garden?

Sign them up early? :p

Or just get 2 accounts (I don't think there should be any problems with having a different account in another garden, but I couldn't say for sure. Theres little to no way to abuse it after all.)

Prodygi
12-31-2014, 12:07 PM
Sign them up early? :p

Or just get 2 accounts (I don't think there should be any problems with having a different account in another garden, but I couldn't say for sure. Theres little to no way to abuse it after all.)

But everything would be so much simpler and clearer if CZE releases an official statement.

The_Lannisters
12-31-2014, 12:33 PM
I guess they'll release an official communication about it when they are ready.

havocattack
01-01-2015, 08:25 AM
I know I would be very upset if I was forced into another server :(

Doubt they would do that to us tho :)

Prodygi
01-01-2015, 09:38 AM
Hopefully it will not happen to us.

Still would like to know if I'll be able to play with my RL friends though.

Hex has been around for a pretty long time already. I think it's appropriate for CZE to release this info already.

It's more of a concern than a demand TBH.

Slish
01-01-2015, 10:18 AM
Cory Jones commented a bit on this in the latest interview with Cirouss (just a few days ago). Main reasons for the seperations are regulations and differences in prices. Since Singapore, Australia, NZ are pretty similair to Europe/USA in this I think? It should be fairly safe to say they will probably join USA/EU.
But this is just speculation.

Prodygi
01-01-2015, 10:38 AM
Yea, but Singapore could very well fall under the Philipphines pod as well.

That would be a bummer. Not to mention the difference in price structure.

d00dz
01-01-2015, 08:49 PM
Talks did not go well with the Philippine company that was supposed to handle the Philippine garden so I guess its safe to say that a lot of things have changed since.

Cernz
01-02-2015, 04:09 AM
Cory also said that the tournament servers will be global (except china) "only" AH, PvE will be seperated.