PDA

View Full Version : Fiveshards Diamond Cup Playtesting

Phallanx87
01-02-2015, 02:35 PM
I can never seem to find anyone online that wants to play set 2 only decks for this. If anyone is interested pm me in game!! ^^

PinknSinging
01-03-2015, 06:36 AM
I'd be interested if I actually had the cards to make a competitive set 2 only deck.

The_Lannisters
01-03-2015, 09:31 AM
Spooky, I've been asking both in-game chat and on some popular streamers chats and not a single soul has ever replied :(

IGN Lannisterland, up for only-set-2-deck testing :)

hex_colin
01-03-2015, 11:17 AM
Spooky, I've been asking both in-game chat and on some popular streamers chats and not a single soul has ever replied :(

IGN Lannisterland, up for only-set-2-deck testing :)

The problem is that people won't want to tip their hand. If they have an insane deck, they play and crush you, then you might tell other folks about it and/or build it and run it yourself, thus killing any advantage they might have in the Diamond Cup.

There will be lots of surprises next weekend, especially since it's Set 2 only. Expect folks to be secretive.

YourOpponent
01-03-2015, 03:11 PM
The problem is that people won't want to tip their hand. If they have an insane deck, they play and crush you, then you might tell other folks about it and/or build it and run it yourself, thus killing any advantage they might have in the Diamond Cup.

There will be lots of surprises next weekend, especially since it's Set 2 only. Expect folks to be secretive.

Which is why I've been testing my set 2 only deck against top tier decks of (set 1 and set 2)...while keeping in mind what is available in set 2...to tune it accordingly. Unfortunately work scheduled me to work that day anyway even though I requested it off 3 weeks in advance...so I'm not going to be able to play during it unless I can find somebody to trade days with :(

Xenavire
01-03-2015, 04:03 PM

I had a brutal deck that I came up with, and with refinement would have been an absolute dark horse - but several key pieces turned out to be bugged.

Not that I am going to go share it around or anything. :p I do want to try to refine it with set 1+2 cards and get it up and running.

Steelio
01-04-2015, 07:05 PM
Hmm. Since there is a lack of removal, I have characterised a number of deck-types based on the type of player competing:

1. Honest Joe - Running humans.

2. Up and at em 'Arry - Running aggro.

3. Original Oliver - Running his own unique deck.

4. Cheddar Charlie - Running Arborean Rootfather/Azurefate Sorceress/Mastermoss.

I have my own unique version of (4) with a few more gimmicks. So watch out for those mastermosses/rootfathers. Since there's little removal in set 2, I believe the diamond cup will be filled with that trashy dual socket cheese.

poizonous
01-04-2015, 07:32 PM
Coolest Azure/Mastermoss combo i seen was using Born to Die