PDA

View Full Version : Questions about Gencon Promotions and AA cards

Kramer
01-07-2015, 11:12 PM
I know the Gencon sleeves are unobtainable without having attended the events but when will we be able to obtain the Mercs and/or AA cards given out at Gencon 2013 and 2014. Today I was wondering what and AA Ozawa was going for and the only one listed was for 15,000 platinum. I know normally they go for around 4500 but I would love to know when/if they will be obtainable via an in game event?

I am looking to acquire a playset of all the AA's so I was wondering if any of them will be obtainable via chests or should I just buy them now for platinum? I ask since I am trying to spend my platinum wisely.

On a side note, I noticed all the AA's drastically go up in price in the AH this week. Is that a spike or the now normal price? Examples include Living Totems for 6800+ (use to be around 5,000), Genesis Naid for 5,000, use to be 3500, etc...

Oroniss
01-08-2015, 12:59 AM
I believe it was stated that the cards and mercs will be obtainable in game. However, they were waiting for some PvE to go in before running the event since all in game activities were supposed to have a chance of giving them. I am holding off on purchasing them for the same reason.

As for prices, I haven't seen either of those AAs actually selling since the price hike, so my expectation is that they will come back down (maybe all the way, maybe not).

KingGabriel
01-08-2015, 01:52 AM
I bought a naiad for 3751 when they were "at 5000" as the bid price started at 3750 and no-one else bid. But in terms of gencon aa's I would not buy them at all, as I'm waiting on them to be obtainable in-game. Also, if you are looking to buy aa's i would recommend waiting till closer to the VIP tournament, although it is curious that they haven't dropped much in the run up to the diamond cup.
Side note: still buying DSC's if anyone's selling.

ManofPeace
01-08-2015, 03:07 AM
Last we've heard, you'll be able to obtain gencon promos (except for sleeves) via PvE.

Hi HEXers. We’re busy getting ready for Gen Con, and this update is primarily going to focus on everything that’s happening in Indianapolis next weekend. Before that, let’s talk about the Gen Con promos. After the introduction of Arena, the first taste of PVE for you players, we will set dates where you will be able to win the Brosi-Buk mercenary, Jovial Pippit alternate art, and the 2013 Gen Con promos by playing HEX. That way, players who cannot travel to physical events but love HEX will still be able to access those amazing prizes.

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-gen-con/

Emphasis mine. As with all old news, such things are subject to change.

nickon
01-08-2015, 03:40 AM
Last we've heard, you'll be able to obtain gencon promos (except for sleeves) via PvE.

Me wants meself a GAX >_< Although I'm curious how the last merc design change affected him :)

Osthall
01-08-2015, 04:01 AM
I'm sure I read something official (on these very forums) stating that Gencon promo AA's (Ozawa et seq) will be available once more in the future by some means - but the sleeves will never roll around again.

KingGabriel
01-08-2015, 04:09 AM
I'm sure I read something official (on these very forums) stating that Gencon promo AA's (Ozawa et seq) will be available once more in the future by some means - but the sleeves will never roll around again.
Look up two posts :P

vickrpg
01-08-2015, 07:05 AM
The Gencon AAs have a good chance of coming back down when the in-game events make them obtainable, but doubt the other AAs will go down in price ever again, as their rarity effectively means people can charge whatever they want.

As for the sleeves, there are still people with unused sleeve codes that they may be willing to sell or trade for... like me. =) I'm waiting to sell my brosi's and Pippets till later though.

Bullus
01-09-2015, 09:12 AM
very strongly looking like if CZE stick to how i read previous info, we should expect 3 years of gencon stuff this august (plus me winning my bet with Oss)

Xenavire
01-09-2015, 10:04 AM
very strongly looking like if CZE stick to how i read previous info, we should expect 3 years of gencon stuff this august (plus me winning my bet with Oss)

I don't think they would want to do that in all honesty - the main barrier for them is not having a PvE outlet to use to fairly allow everyone an equal chance at the items, and stacking 3 years of rewards into one reward period would be an absolute mess, potentially skewing the rate or amount of rewards that should be given.

I personally think that the opportunity will come sometime after Arena is stable and mostly bug-free (going from current progress, a rough estimate may put it in April/May?)

You may lose that bet yet. :p

Saeijou
01-09-2015, 10:48 AM
I don't think they would want to do that in all honesty - the main barrier for them is not having a PvE outlet to use to fairly allow everyone an equal chance at the items, and stacking 3 years of rewards into one reward period would be an absolute mess, potentially skewing the rate or amount of rewards that should be given.

I personally think that the opportunity will come sometime after Arena is stable and mostly bug-free (going from current progress, a rough estimate may put it in April/May?)

You may lose that bet yet. :p

i hope he loses it! ;)

Xenavire
01-09-2015, 11:10 AM
i hope he loses it! ;)

Not to be mean, but me too - the sooner I get my juicy GenCon rewards, the better. ;)

KingGabriel
01-09-2015, 10:59 PM
Think of the PR though, "get 3 years worth of rewards in this small period, come one come all :P"

Saeijou
01-09-2015, 11:01 PM
Think of the PR though, "get 3 years worth of rewards in this small period, come one come all :P"

no... please... the set2 weekend was enough... i need my sleep... and my social interactions :D

Armies
01-11-2015, 07:42 PM
no... please... the set2 weekend was enough... i need my sleep... and my social interactions :D

yes more tiny time frames to suck up my life GIVE ME MORE HEX NOW! :D