PDA

View Full Version : Ruling on "Titans Tower" wording

Blockinlick
01-10-2015, 07:39 AM
"When you play your first card with cost 2 or 3 on each of your turns, draw a card."

My friend and I are confused and arguing over how this works. He says that since it says "Your first card with 2 or 3" that it means that the first card you play has to be a 2 or 3 cost.

However, the booklet that comes with the game says
"Each location has a draw effect that triggers the first time you play a particular card type". Implying to me that it works exactly like the rest of the locations and you simply just just draw on the first 2 or 3 you play, regardless of whether or not it's the first card you played. I've also tried to argue that the implication is stronger with the fact that this is the only location in the basic set that is worded that way and that it was simply just worded poorly.

However, he's not convinced. Someone please clear this up.

Matt_Hyra
01-10-2015, 02:49 PM
Doesn't have to be your first card.

xfactor190
01-11-2015, 05:56 PM
all of the locations are worded the same way pretty much. the first time you play a card of the type listed in the location you draw a card. for example, your first card you play is titan's tower and the next card you play is kick; you would get to draw a card. However, say you play kid flash (hero cost 2) and you draw titan's tower and play it, then continue your turn and play kick; you would not draw a card because kick was not the first card with cost of 2 or 3 you played that turn. I hope that explains how the locations work.