PDA

View Full Version : so arena?

Rajinsu
01-10-2015, 05:43 PM
So after reading the news and looking over it it nice to get some kind of talk about arena but i think a pic or 2 would have gon a long way.

I cant help but fill after reading it that arena will not be here till some time around may -june
I dont know its just how i fill that they have yet to show any thing to us.its like they dont feel comfortable showing off arena yet and i find it odd .

Is arena no where even close to being done ?kind of get the filling set 3 will be out be for arena will be.

I hope im wrong about the time frame and arena comes out (hex has made me hate this next word ) *soon*...
Cant wait to be able to play the game as a free player .

so what do u guys think about this news they gave us and when do u think arena will come out!!!

Antfunk
01-10-2015, 05:56 PM
I agree it was disappointing and for something that was meant to be out in December it is quite concerning that they can't show ANYTHING :(.

ryuukan
01-10-2015, 06:42 PM
Early June, in time to show it off at E3

The hex raid stream followed by Set 3 teasers will help buy more time

WolfCrypt
01-10-2015, 06:47 PM
I don't even watch streams. I hope its this month or Feb I am not into pvp so even if pvp was free I wouldn't care. I'm very bored with game till arena comes out.

Mahes
01-10-2015, 07:20 PM
The scary thing is when you realize that the "Arena" is not even the PvE content that has been hyped up. It is the first area to have PvE, but it is not the raid worlds and such. There is no telling how long until those start coming out. I was also surprised that more information could not be shared at this point. This indeed tells me that the Arena coming out next month would be very optimistic.

Gorgol
01-10-2015, 07:31 PM
its also the entire pve backend that is being put in, just as was done with the pvp back end and tournament backend. The first part will always take the longest.

Svenn
01-10-2015, 07:54 PM
its also the entire pve backend that is being put in, just as was done with the pvp back end and tournament backend. The first part will always take the longest.

This. Once the backend and all the systems are in place (equipment, AI, chests, PvE cards, UI, etc) then things will speed up as it's just a matter of developing the content.

DanTheMeek
01-10-2015, 08:23 PM
I kind of wish there was some way to get the hex emails we receive to be set to "only send if announcing pve content released", seems like every time I see that hex email telling me there's a new update my hopes betray my better judgement and shift unadvisably into the "up" position, only to result in my letting out a long disappointing sigh when I read the email and find that no such announcement has been made. If I could just forget hex exists for a year or however longs its going to take to get some pve content it could potentially be a pleasant surprise when it does show up and I can be all "oh yeah, I remember that game I backed for a lot of money back in the day, lets see how it turned out". But the email reminders don't let me forget the game exists, and if I unsubbed from them, then I'd probably forget about the game entirely and then never know the pve even existed until 5 years or whatever from now when a friend tells me "Oh, did you hear, they're shutting down Hex's servers, to be replaced with Hex 2, the sequel, which will need 3-4 years of only pvp content before they have ready ITS pve content.

But I digress. Anyway, at this point I've been so starved for pve content in hex, that I don't care if arena is extremely bare bones and not up my alley pve content, I just want something, so I do hope it isn't as far off as this update gave the impression.

Osthall
01-11-2015, 03:17 AM
Man if arena is more than a few months down the pipeline a lot of people are just gonna go afk until summer...

Blowfeld
01-11-2015, 05:23 AM
What Osthall said.

I love HEX, but the time it takes, to bring out PVE is waaay longer than expected. I respect their business model to generate income by focussing on PVP, but as sb who wants PVE badly, this is like taking ages :D

At least I log in to raredraft once a week ^^

Grumph
01-11-2015, 09:15 AM
anyone else notice that the way that the announcements seem to be moving backwards for arena?

Early November(Cory Jones answers thread) - Target Release for Arena is next month
End of December(video interview) - Arena is in the test environment ATM
Early January(Friday Update) - Arena is partially complete and partially tested ATM, expect previews and more info as it is closer to completion.

I feel like it would make sense if these bits of information were in the opposite order. I don't mind that they missed the December target, I just feel like the subsequent information released has it moving backwards in development.

Rajinsu
01-11-2015, 09:27 AM
for all we know they are just starting to work on arena or have yet to even start. Till we get some vids or at least pic .Ill say there just tring to buy time with all this soon bs over and over.Iv never seen a co give its players this much runaround .
But othing we can do about it .

Aradon
01-11-2015, 09:31 AM
Yeah, the only reason that I found the Friday update disappointing (not altogether unexpected) is because we are moving further away from where we thought we were. Back in December people were guessing it might be two weeks away. Then we were told that they just wanted more time to test it out. Now we're told that we can't even get an estimate of how far out it is.

I do mind waiting, but I can understand the time it takes. But I don't understand how we have less information than in December.

And I do feel that their complete stonewall of PvE information is a foolish notion. They're not going to be able to release it all in one motion to blow everyone away, and they don't have to reveal all the spoilers to give everyone idea of what to expect, so I don't see why we can't get some previews of what we're waiting for. The last major updates we got on PvE were that classes were completely being overhauled (a very limited example of what they look like now), mercenaries were being completely overhauled (with a very limited example and a promise that the rest of them might not even look like that example), and a sample of a single dungeon that revealed a few high-concept mechanics and few other details. They could really give us a little more to go on.

MugenMusou
01-11-2015, 09:40 AM
It's a tough situation here for all of us (player) but also for Cryptozoic. Although I am enjoying this game so much already, if you ask people who has not played HEX much and tells them what this game is, the most would see the biggest distinguishing factor for HEX from other dTCG is PvE.

Although one may say Arena is not a full blown PvE, it still is the PvE and once they release that onto public, there will be inevidable reaction to that, which for sure reflects the view of PvE i.e. HEX as a whole.

ryuukan
01-11-2015, 09:49 AM
Don't forget the removal of 'PVE coming soon' from the patch app notes

MuffLord4
01-11-2015, 02:03 PM
This just intensifies my fears of a decent PvE AI being to much for them.

Mahes
01-11-2015, 02:17 PM
I also think that they might have hit a serious road block. 2 months ago they seemed a lot closer to releasing the Arena than they seem now. I had not even noticed the removal of that "PvE coming soon" message, but that just further supports the concern. This is just another reason why I was surprised that they opened the Beta this soon. Because Beta is open, now they feel they have to get everything near perfect before it releases, which then delays it months instead of weeks. With that kind of mindset, the game might as well be in release. I know the initial image is important, but so is a lack of product over a long period of time.

We are still in Beta. Should not Beta be for testing out bugs or are we in ninja release at this point?

israel.kendall
01-11-2015, 02:29 PM
Yeah I was also thinking they are spending too much time making PVE perfect before putting it in. PVE is free, and this is a beta after all, so putting in PVE even if it is a bit buggy makes more sense to me. And I too expected at least some pics in the Friday update, and the lack of them makes it seem to me that PVE is further off than most have expected.

israel.kendall
01-11-2015, 02:33 PM
Oh and also, they mentioned they were playing arena internally and having a blast. Well, if it is bug free enough to play, and it is also fun, then give it to us already lol

ryuukan
01-11-2015, 03:19 PM
Oh and also, they mentioned they were playing arena internally and having a blast. Well, if it is bug free enough to play, and it is also fun, then give it to us already lol

Probably load issues

If a 400+ tourney crashes the server, I can't imagine they can handle 10000+ hitting the AI server

DanTheMeek
01-11-2015, 03:54 PM
I agree with the sentiment that they are handling things like "alpha", "beta", and release, very oddly compared to what I am used to. The alpha felt like an alpha, but then we suddenly found ourselves in beta even though I didn't really feel the game was at a point of beta. THE key feature of the game was still missing in PvE, the PvP was still a little buggy and really more in an alpha state then a beta state, and even once they got it ironed out, the PvP of this game does NOT make it stand out from other games on the market.

There are plenty of other digital card games with PvP taking advantage of the fact they are purely digital, and many who have been for over a decade now (Alteil comes to mind among others). Really the only thing that makes Hex stand out right now, other then being much MUCH more expensive (I've completed near entire sets of cards in many other digital card games entirely through free means while I've spent hundreds of dollars on hex and am no where near close to even completing set 1 with no means to get the rest but to spend yet more), is just how much more similar to MTGO it is then any other DTCG before it, and the still running lawsuit has made it clear that that is not a good thing. The reason I backed and the thing that could potentially make Hex a product worth existing is the PvE, yet apparently its still not even at an alpha level state for us to test, let a lone a beta one. And then they made it an open beta but for nonsense reasons just didn't call it that... what now?

I think it all comes down to the terrible decision (my opinion) to make closed beta be a no-wipe environment. If you want to go to closed beta even though the game was still in an alpha state, whatever, they can call it whatever they want, but until you have all the core features working (which they didn't have ANYTHING for PvE and still don't), you shouldn't declare no more wipes because now they can't release any features, including the PvE with out it going through alpha and beta testing behind the scenes, because if anything goes wrong on release they can't wipe to undo it.

Its frustrating, because, like many people, I backed for the pve and only the pve, I've played the pvp and enjoyed it (well, at least during the alpha anyway when the game was about fun and playing card games rather then stock market analysis and maximizing virtual profits that we'll probably never be able to cash out legally anyway, all while getting access to only a small amount of the pvp content unless your willing to spend hundreds upon hundreds of dollars, you were one of those 250+ backers who get a free weekly draft, or your some sort of drafting savant), but all I've ever wanted was access to the pve alpha content, something I could have sworn they were hoping to give us the arena to tide us over with while they worked on the real meat of pve close to a year ago. But because of how pvp was handled it seems like thats not going to happen, at this point we're likely not seeing pve till its at least in a very playable, low bug, beta point (and if it has taken this long and is still unstable alpha like state when released... I don't know man... that would be quite the hard pill to swallow...).

israel.kendall
01-11-2015, 04:08 PM
You can cash out man, just sell your cards for $$$, it is perfectly legit.

DanTheMeek
01-11-2015, 04:10 PM
Where? How? I admit I don't follow the game as closely as I once did, was there something added since set 2 came out to allow this?

Gwaer
01-11-2015, 04:16 PM
Also, people have no interest in PVP at all. I fail to see how they'll enjoy pve. To me they're both interesting because they're part of the same coin.

ryuukan
01-11-2015, 04:21 PM
Also, people have no interest in PVP at all. I fail to see how they'll enjoy pve. To me they're both interesting because they're part of the same coin.

My guesses would be
1. Not wanting to spend more money to play
2. Being able to leave the game when you want as opposed to being locked into tournament play for a long period of time

israel.kendall
01-11-2015, 04:30 PM
Where? How? I admit I don't follow the game as closely as I once did, was there something added since set 2 came out to allow this?

You will have to find a third party web site to sell cards. Selling cards for real money is not against the terms, but it is also not officially endorsed. You sell on third party sites at your own risk.

Vorsa
01-11-2015, 05:02 PM
My guesses would be
1. Not wanting to spend more money to play
2. Being able to leave the game when you want as opposed to being locked into tournament play for a long period of time

Yup, and also...

3. PvE will have all the trappings of a game outside of the actual card game e.g. loot, characters, levelling.

4. Similarly; PvE has incentives for winning beyond competitive satisfaction & packets of the set just played with (I'm not very competitive myself so I'm extra befuddled myself at the allure of constructed payouts which are collectively worth less than a single copy of a 'top tier' card that a winning constructed deck would run 4 of).

5. PvE is great for the antisocial and chronically uncompetitive, who don't want to talk to opponents or enjoy that every win = someone somewhere losing (particularly via shard-screw, shard-flood etc).

I've liked a lot of online games over the years - from big RPG's through to match-3's - but I can't think of any that I'd have stuck with if they did away with progression and declared that all the loot in the game = all the items in the store...
So it's a testament to the gameplay of Hex that people who aren't/weren't looking for PvP stick with it when they only clear incentive for playing at this time is to potentially improve the cost of acquisition of cards vs buying them outright. :)

(Though if the wait for PvE goes past April - the end of KS year-of-drafts for those who redeemed a.s.a.p. - I don't expect I'll be logging in any more till it arrives.)

Gwaer
01-11-2015, 05:18 PM
Then I'm even more concerned about the arena launch. It seems that it won't have many of the things listed.

plaguedealer
01-11-2015, 05:29 PM
I wonder how often pve has changed in the past year during the development process, I bet alot. It has got to be a immense task to have all the pvp cards work in pve (maybe only a few pvp cards should work).

Regardless, if pve needs to be delayed until summer so be it. If they put out a half baked product, it will hurt the game. In this day and age few games get second chances even if they are ftp.

israel.kendall
01-11-2015, 05:33 PM
I wonder how often pve has changed in the past year during the development process, I bet alot. It has got to be a immense task to have all the pvp cards work in pve (maybe only a few pvp cards should work).

Regardless, if pve needs to be delayed until summer so be it. If they put out a half baked product, it will hurt the game. In this day and age few games get second chances even if they are ftp.

Yeah this is why they should never have gone to this not open open beta thing.

DanTheMeek
01-11-2015, 05:50 PM
I agree with you pleaguedealer... except they already did exactly that, so its kind of too late. I'm not saying PvP is bad, again I enjoyed it when I could actually access it in alpha, but its only half (I'd argue less then half) of the hex pie, and yet its the only part thats currently baked. And if we WERE still in alpha, if it was half baked no one would complain because it was alpha and we would just be enjoying getting to see behind the scenes and help test, where as now the game's pvp content has long been in a release state, monetization has been in effect for some time, and there is no wipe allowed if PvE breaks things. Not that they couldn't still do it anyway, and if something truly detrimental does occur I certainly hope they would, but players definitely look at things definitely when anything they earn is supposedly theirs forever, as opposed to coming into things with the understanding that anything they earn now will be wiped later anyway.

As to why I've wanted PvE? Since probably the early 2000s when dtcgs became a thing I've always wanted one that wouldn't just be about pvp, which is what most were, but would take advantage of the digital nature of the game not just in game mechanics, but in having a top notch single player campaign. Single player means the opportunity for interesting stories and fascinating characters, it means the possibility for a real sense of progression as you get stronger abilities, cards, and the like which would be imbalanced in a pvp setting, that fights are tailor made to require stratedgies, and always be winnable, as opposed to that real human being who is doing everything in his power to make sure you have no way to beat then when they are building their deck and playing. In pvp, for every player that wins, one always has to lose, but in pve every player can always be a winner, and while losses may still happen, difficulties can be balanced to curve so they are never stuck on a losing streak too long. And unlike some players, I love collecting cards through earning them in game, not indirectly at my real life job which pays the bills to let me just go buy every card I want if I have the money. It's why I prefer pokemon to skylanders (well, one of the reasons anyway, though skylanders is under rated by many adults).

There's just such a huge realm of potential that PvE could open up that I feel so many dtcg's have let go to waste by focusing exclusively on pvp and making their pve content feel like an after thought. There's nothing wrong with having pvp too, infact I think pvp is expected in this sort of genre, but if you'd asked me which content I would rather wait an extra year or two to access it would have absolutely been pvp. I've been there, done that, with pvp in card games, it never gets old, but I've got tons of other avenues for that experience that aren't nearly as expensive as Hex. But the sort of PvE Hex has promised, that's something no one else has done, and the element of the game which I feel could make Hex not just a player in the DTCG wars, but THE game to beat. PvP, in my opinion, not so much.

plaguedealer
01-11-2015, 06:30 PM
I hear you and that is why I kickstarted. But they had to do pvp first because it is so much easier and it helps establish the fundamentals of pve.

I think around summer time last year I was clamoring for a pve video. I think this month they need to show such a video (maybe during the fan raid).

They really need to talk about more of the specifics of how pve will work, without such things people will think it may be vaporware.

Dichdude
01-11-2015, 06:34 PM
Reboot the Alpha server and let KS backers ACTUALLY beta test the game and features.......

Would be nice for someone to explain how a product which was touted as in it's "last push" during its KS campaign could be SO far off release over 18 months later!??!

Sorry to sound really harsh but at this point I can't work out if the issues to get this game finished are down to incompetence or stupidity.

Game could still be vaporware as the rate the game is progressing the court case might close the game down before it gets released.

israel.kendall
01-11-2015, 06:39 PM
Hey man, there is no reason to be suggesting people are incompetent or stupid. These guys are doing an amazing job with this game. Look how much WoW was delayed and how great and successful it turned out. These devs are striving for perfection.

DanTheMeek
01-11-2015, 07:52 PM
Hey man, there is no reason to be suggesting people are incompetent or stupid. These guys are doing an amazing job with this game. Look how much WoW was delayed and how great and successful it turned out. These devs are striving for perfection.

Agreed 100%, I've expressed some frustration in a number of the decisions that have been made by the Hex team, but I still have great respect for them, and I also feel Dichdude's comments crossed a line. I've never been to their office, so I don't know what the real cause for all these delays are, let alone why some of the questionable decisions (in my opinion) were made, but I do have a degree in computer science and know as well as anyone that programming and debugging can be very unpredictable in a time table, at least if quality matters to you at all, which it does to all the companies I support. When I backed I did so understanding that despite the statements that we were in the final push, the full blown pve experience could still be quite a ways off. My only disappointment, timeline wise, is just that we haven't even gotten to partake in the promised alpha testing as they've reached whatever point they're now at, that things were kept closed from the public longer so we could see more of how the hotdogs were made with out concern about it giving negative impressions to new comers, and as was already brought up in this thread, I believe Hex Colin has relayed before that they do have a very playable build of pve content that they've let him play when he was in their office so its not like they don't have anything they could have shared with us if it was behind closed door, but because of the decision to open their doors I both understand, and am disappointed by, the fact that we can no longer see the building process we got to see for pvp during its alpha, as, and I keep saying it, but alpha was my favorite time with Hex to date.

Khazrakh
01-11-2015, 11:29 PM
I don't want to get into the "where is my arena!?" discussion too much as I'd still prefer a clean launch and have no problem with waiting since I'm having a blast with PvP and are more PvP oriented anyway.
But something I feel needs to be said - I opposed moving into Closed Beta when they did, but in hindsight is was the right thing to do. If Hex was still Alpha and there'd still be a wipe coming, we'd have like a few hundred guys still locking in every now and then at most. Sure, I love playing Hex, but building your collection is half the fun and almost nobody would still bother to play if there was another wipe coming our way.

Antfunk
01-12-2015, 01:45 AM
I don't want to get into the "where is my arena!?" discussion too much as I'd still prefer a clean launch and have no problem with waiting since I'm having a blast with PvP and are more PvP oriented anyway.
But something I feel needs to be said - I opposed moving into Closed Beta when they did, but in hindsight is was the right thing to do. If Hex was still Alpha and there'd still be a wipe coming, we'd have like a few hundred guys still locking in every now and then at most. Sure, I love playing Hex, but building your collection is half the fun and almost nobody would still bother to play if there was another wipe coming our way.

This I totally agree with. I did not start playing until there were no wipes. The issue here is that we moved from an Alpha to a closed BetA to what we have now which I don't even know what you class as - a stealth/in marketed open Beta?! If they had left it a "True" closed Beta then it would have just been the backers getting to play the non 100% perfect PvE content and we would have been getting to help with the testing as promised. We were promised Alpha access to PvE and we will never get that now. I'm not going to go over all the points already made as there are a lot of good ones. I will say again though that for me, the complete for all intents and purposes of. Black out of any info whatsoever on PvE bearing in it is meant to be really complex yet still nearly finished is both very disappointing and very concerning!

Something else I have noticed is that I am starting to wonder if it is all down to a financial thing. PVP gets pushed out to a stealth open Beta so more tournaments launch for profit and they sell more plat, AH was a huge priority to sink play/encourage plat purchases, (for the record I love the AH feature), STILL NO trade function, (we only have he mail function which is risky but thankfully we have a great community, that I have only had good experiences with). Is the law suit causing them major financial problems which is influencing priority decisions? At this stage I just don't know anymore. I think the KS raised almost 4 times the needed amount to get the game going so this makes me feel a little sad.

Bottom line - I love Cory and the Hex team and the game they are producing, but we really need to see something concrete now as a point of just being fair to the supporters and having respect in return for the dream we bought into rather than feeling like we hit a wall or are going backwards.

LNQ
01-12-2015, 04:02 AM
The atmosphere is definitely getting tense, but luckily it shouldn't be too many weeks until the release of Arena. Once that is out, we'll have more breathing room waiting for the rest of the game to be finished.

Regarding the decision to go beta and semi-open beta, not doing so would've been disastrous at this point. If we were still in sandbox alpha mode, I would've stopped playing long ago. At least a couple of people right above this post would've done the same. I believe amassing your collection is the biggest driving force keeping the community alive right now. I spend more than 90% of my video game time playing Hex, mainly thanks to draft tournaments. I could use that time playing any number of highly acclaimed games I am kind of interested in, but I feel playing Hex pays off better. Not only do I get valuable TCG training, but also make my future PvE experience more interesting due to a bigger collection.

It's not only financially better for Hex to be in the state it is right now, but it's also crucial to the livelihood of the community. Even if PvE in the form of the Arena could've been brought online first, I don't believe PvE alone would hold the interest of this large a community for as long as PvP does. Only having PvE would mean everyone would grind the content at their maximum speed. Now that we have PvP including drafting with expiring tickets, VIP tournaments etc, a lot of people will divide their Hex time between PvP tournaments and PvE, making the PvE content feel fresh much longer.

I do share Dan's disappointment that it would've been nice to play around with a PvE alpha too, but I feel there was no good way to make this possible without causing a lot of lost interest in the game from people trying PvE too early. Therefore I am very satisfied with how things have progressed.

Antfunk
01-12-2015, 04:57 AM
The majority are in favour of getting a polished, relatively bugged free PvE on release. The issue is when Set 2 was being developed we were getting constant updates and previews months/weeks before release. PvE virtually nothing. I think that is what the main issue is. Give us something to be excited about. Yes we are excited anyway but it is kind of getting tarnished with actual concern due to the well..... lack of anything new revealed for a very long time bearing in mind it was quoted December and then very soon and now seems to be drifting towards a release date of feeling like months away.

Cernz
01-12-2015, 05:58 AM
high hopes pve arena.... but i doubt that arena will be a huge pve experience ... guess a lot of ppl will be disappointed.

I dont know why i feel this way, but i think it will go this way... at least i hope i am wrong.

dungeons seem to be a nice piece of software as far as we have seen, but they still are quite far away.

maybe we get some more information and/or media for arena in the next "days/weeks" which changes my opinion, lets see.

ossuary
01-12-2015, 05:58 AM
The reason we haven't seen much of anything about PVE is because they want the experience to be fresh when we get it. Cory has explained this before. If they reveal and show too much of the game and campaign before it is ready, the luster fades. They want it to have the impact of a brand new experience when it comes out.

Have faith, have patience... it is coming (presently! {tm}).

plaguedealer
01-12-2015, 07:08 AM
I see some logic in not showing it to people. However it has been a year and a half of waiting. If the luster fades so quick, not too sure what to say. I can totally see them not wanting to show things that really are just software code and I understand that.

More explanation on keep leveling, some pve spoilers can only help imo.

Antfunk
01-12-2015, 07:27 AM
I certainly didn't enjoy set 2 any less for the spoilers they gave for that.

Mahes
01-12-2015, 07:32 AM
The reason we haven't seen much of anything about PVE is because they want the experience to be fresh when we get it. Cory has explained this before. If they reveal and show too much of the game and campaign before it is ready, the luster fades. They want it to have the impact of a brand new experience when it comes out.

Have faith, have patience... it is coming (presently! {tm}).

I call bullshit on this. The luster would not be ruined showing some pieces of the Arena. Its like saying seeing a picture of my Mustang ruined any enjoyment I had driving it. It is a game and so the actual playing of the game should be what is enjoyed. They could show a video of the Arena and it would NOT take away from the fun and enjoyment of "playing" it.

I would never go to a theater to watch a movie if the previews ruined the experience.

Khazrakh
01-12-2015, 07:43 AM
I would never go to a theater to watch a movie if the previews ruined the experience.

They do, quite often to be honest, because they give away the plot, sometimes even parts of the twist and more often than not they contain some of the best scenes the movie has to offer...

israel.kendall
01-12-2015, 07:43 AM
About the luster that is the exact thing some of us are saying. The lack of any pics or video shows us that we are not very close to arena as many had thought.

Antfunk
01-12-2015, 07:58 AM
Are you telling me that you don't watch a trailer for a new video game before buying it? I know I do. I think Hex PvE is a little bit different than watching a movie trailer and seeing plot elements. This is turning into Final Fantasy vs 13 of TCG content lol. I will probably playing aforementioned game before Arena :).

So yeah..... the more I have read the comments in this topic the more I am starting to think that is just a weak excuse. I think they must have hit some serious issue, most probably a load issue as someone suggested earlier or we are really getting strung along. All this stuff about cannot show stuff as it subject to change I don't buy either. If after a year and a half they have nothing they can show us that they are confidant they don't need to change then we have some serious problems.

TJTaylor
01-12-2015, 08:26 AM
I don't buy the fresh reasoning either. Keeping things fresh didn't stop them from spoiling set 2 cards to generate hype.

There are people out there tearing their hair out waiting for whatever small morsel of PvE info HEX will throw at them. Have some compassion, man. Throw them a bone. They have been waiting for a very, very, VERY long time.

It's not done yet? Fine. But there has to be something HEX Ent. could write an article about regarding the arena/pve or show pictures of. There has to be something. To just update with "it's coming" when everyone knows that already and its already extremely late... I don't know how I feel about that exactly but it doesn't feel good.

I always advocate patience when it comes to HEX. I know everyone at HEX HQ is working hard. But the quality of HEX Ent's communication has gone way down hill since 2013. And that's a shame.

fido_one
01-12-2015, 08:37 AM
I always advocate patience when it comes to HEX. I know everyone at HEX HQ is working hard. But the quality of HEX Ent's communication has gone way down hill since 2013. And that's a shame.

I don't agree with this; regarding quantity, their communication has been excellent, though there have ALWAYS been some (or even 'a lot') of questionable parts to their communication that really makes me frustrated with the quality of that communication. I reluctantly agree with most here that I don't see the reasoning in keeping PvE so close to the vest and that while CZE may be warranted after all is said and done, the conspiracy theories popping up are 100% understandable.

DanTheMeek
01-12-2015, 08:41 AM
To be fair on the previews thing, they have shared some information in the past, and if that information has not changed, it makes things a little tricky. If they share too much too early, then suddenly we have several weeks of silence before release and people are complaining about that. I admit that it is a little annoying that they don't seem to have one concentrated place to get information though, half their interviews and info dumps are on completely different websites scattered through out the internet, and some times I feel like we get as much information from Hex Colin on the forums as we do on the website, which is kind of nonsense. And then there's the fact that many companies get burned by sharing info that's not set in stone yet and they have people upset when its not there later. Sure they can get over it, but they actually unintentionally created ill will among their player base by doing so. So yeah, I'd like more information, but it wouldn't surprise me if they were waiting till like the week or two before they were extremely confident things would be ready to release it. Obviously that indirectly would suggest we're more then a week or two away.

As for the no wipe thing bringing in players. Its true, it did, and thats why I keep going out of my way to add "In my opinion" when I express my frustration with the decision. To me, PvP has no collecting, at least not in the fun sense anyway, you either have the money (are are willing to be parted with it despite the extremely questionable return on value) to buy what you want, or you don't. Pokemon has collecting, persona has collecting, most MMOs have collecting, and presumably PvE Hex will have collecting, because they all have numerous desirable items that you can't just purchase to own but have to play the game to get. The Bind on Pickup stuff. To me, PvP is about the strategy and friendly competition, not collection. Alpha provided that in spades, I had access to every card so I was making new decks every day, and because of wipes no one was overaly stressed about losing, we still wanted to win, but it was all for fun.

Then closed beta hit, and I had a very small subset of options such that I only really had one deck I could make anymore that I wanted to play, which eventually got old. I could have spent more to get them all again, but that wouldn't have been fun, it would hae just make me resent Hex even more for being so obnoxiously expensive compared to other entertainment options I had. And even drafting didn't feel like collecting because I didn't get to keep what I opened, only what I picked, and in order to win I inevitably had to pick the same cards I was comfortable winning with over and over, meaning I either didn't win and I might as well have just bought the cards out right, or I did win, but won a bunch of commons I had hundresds of already with effectively zero resale value.

Again, I understand people like different things, and that there definitely were people who were holding off playing until no wipes were announced, its just not a mind set I've ever really understood. I love collecting as much as the next guy, but I don't think the content we have right now is the fun collecting. PvE is what I'm hoping will be the fun collecting, and that's why I'm so anxious for its release.

darkwonders
01-12-2015, 09:33 AM
Reboot the Alpha server and let KS backers ACTUALLY beta test the game and features.......

Would be nice for someone to explain how a product which was touted as in it's "last push" during its KS campaign could be SO far off release over 18 months later!??!

Sorry to sound really harsh but at this point I can't work out if the issues to get this game finished are down to incompetence or stupidity.

Game could still be vaporware as the rate the game is progressing the court case might close the game down before it gets released.

That would be a great idea. Other MMOs have test servers set up to allow people to beta test new patches and expansions before they go live. If people want to be free labor for beta testing items, let them!

Antfunk
01-12-2015, 09:56 AM
This.

Although I am not technical but would imagine it is not just something you can set up quickly. I definitely think this would be a good idea in the future though.

Anyway maybe we will get some info this Friday. I really don't know anymore. Think it is time to just go back to rare drafting. Weekly waiting for disappointment is to frustrating :(.

malloc31
01-12-2015, 10:02 AM
The feeling I get is that their development cycle goes like this:

-come up with concepts
-try to program concepts
-realize some concepts are too hard to program
-change those concepts to things easier to program

I think this is why they are so quiet, because they know stuff may keep changing if they are unable to program it.

Antfunk
01-12-2015, 10:32 AM
I know what you are saying here but it was not so long ago that they were saying December release. How can they still be at that sort of stage?? :(.

incitfulmonk21
01-12-2015, 10:58 AM
The feeling I get is that their development cycle goes like this:

-come up with concepts
-try to program concepts
-realize some concepts are too hard to program
-change those concepts to things easier to program

I think this is why they are so quiet, because they know stuff may keep changing if they are unable to program it.

Completely agree with this. I want everything to go smoothly but I think their ideas are bigger then there programming skills. They even change cards to be easier to program. Things will get better as they get more use to what is and isn't possible.

On the topic of the development time for the game. Its getting closer and closer to two years since funding. the game is less than 2/5ths delivered since that time maybe its low hanging fruit time so we at leas have something to do besides paying for things.

Gwaer
01-12-2015, 10:59 AM
There's a lot of rampant speculation here from people with very little of the story. And no knowledge of what the team has or has not developed. Choosing not to give you screenshots and video is not the same as not having it. Personally I agree with their decision not to give it. The lead up to set 2 in August and then having to wait so much longer was torture. I'd much prefer not seeing anything until the day they they are absolutely certain of a release date. Not 90% or even 95%. Absolute certainty that they'll hit their mark. Like with the actual set 2 release that was so well done. More of that.

Antfunk
01-12-2015, 11:13 AM
I thought set 2 was delayed?

plaguedealer
01-12-2015, 11:19 AM
I think he is saying that the information we got at gencon with set 2 made the delay of set 2 that much worse. I disagree with that analysis, but it is his opinion.

Mahes
01-12-2015, 11:25 AM
I also disagree. I would rather have some video and pictures showing how it was coming along rather than have nothing. Given the delay of PvE, we passed painful a long time ago. Now it is more of a numb feeling as we acclimate to the constant delays.

Antfunk
01-12-2015, 11:26 AM
Ahhh ok. I wasn't paying much attention to the game around Gencon time as I got burnt out on set 1 waiting for PvE. Started playing again just after set 2 was released. I think the example is a bit unfair though as it is taking into context set 2 release for more PvP. You already had set 1 for PvP and you found it frustrating waiting for you second batch of cards for a new season of PvP games. I would love to be feeling frustrated waiting for a second lot of PvE :(.

Glae
01-12-2015, 12:29 PM
Also, Set 2 was originally supposed to be August. Gencon was pitched as like a preview event, but it was obvious that much of the set wasn't in yet.

Thrawn
01-12-2015, 12:30 PM
Set 2 is also a bad example to use because if Hex is ever going to become an eSport having solid dates for new set releases is going to become very important. Set release is not something that can be unreliable and unpredictable, but that starts a derail into a different discussion.

Glae
01-12-2015, 12:33 PM
Oh, I wasn't trying to get into a different discussion. Just commenting for people trying to decipher Gwaer's comment about "the lead up to Set 2 in August."

Antfunk
01-12-2015, 12:57 PM
Oh well, maybe we will get something this Friday. I have no idea what to think anymore to be honest.

IruuL
01-12-2015, 01:41 PM
I'm a little late to the party, and I can't find any information on what Arena is suppose to be. Can anyone explain or link me what we should expect when "Arena" is released. Is this PVE or PVP content? What are you suppose to do there?

Gwaer
01-12-2015, 01:44 PM
Arena is PVE, that basically amounts to proving grounds with better ai, new pve cards, the promised KS pve cards, chest opening, likely some amount of mercs. Most of the "low hanging fruit" of pve content as it were. But not actual dungeons/raids.

Kilo24
01-12-2015, 01:47 PM
Here (https://hextcg.com/hex-update-stay-frosty/)'s the most on-topic official announcement related to the arena, which only really goes into the lore and is prior to set 2. Most of the other information is significantly older generic PVE info, but there's some snatches of info about the arena that have been gleaned from interviews and other such random areas.

Off the top of my head, I believe we're getting chest opening, the PVP gold is getting turned off, we're not getting the full PVE champions Might levelling system then, and there's a Princess Cory fight with lots of random mechanics.

IruuL
01-12-2015, 01:54 PM
Arena is PVE, that basically amounts to proving grounds with better ai, new pve cards, the promised KS pve cards, chest opening, likely some amount of mercs. Most of the "low hanging fruit" of pve content as it were. But not actual dungeons/raids.So it is just a mode to play against "smarter" AI? Sure you also get a few PVE only cards to use, but I don't really see the appeal or why it is so anticipated.

plaguedealer
01-12-2015, 01:56 PM
Well have you gone to the kickstarter page? It explains the vision of hex in regards to it being an mmo tcg. Some things have changed but you will get the idea of what this game is supposed to be like.

I dont like looking at that page sometimes, sigh.

israel.kendall
01-12-2015, 02:23 PM
It is basically proving grounds? I thought this arena had entirely new PVE champs for unique battles and stuff?

darkwonders
01-12-2015, 02:28 PM
This.

Although I am not technical but would imagine it is not just something you can set up quickly. I definitely think this would be a good idea in the future though.

Anyway maybe we will get some info this Friday. I really don't know anymore. Think it is time to just go back to rare drafting. Weekly waiting for disappointment is to frustrating :(.

They had an alpha server set up that gave everyone a set of all the PVP cards. I'm sure something similar could be set up. Though it's probably not on their priority list right now to do as setting up a test server for the PVE would take away resources of working on everything else right now.

Gwaer
01-12-2015, 02:31 PM
It is basically proving grounds? I thought this arena had entirely new PVE champs for unique battles and stuff?

Yea, it has all new AI champions, they will have pve only cards that players may not even be able to get because they're NPC cards. It will also be a gauntlet type system where you build a deck to complete as many different types of encounters as possible, because the more you beat in a row the better your rewards.

Scammanator
01-12-2015, 02:32 PM

There's more to it than proving grounds. But we are using the same PvP Legends we've been using, at least until they add in mercenaries. We'll face different champions as opponents, though. And there will be boss battles and other new mechanics. Not to mention new cards and the addition of equipment, and the chance to finally earn stuff in the form of loot.

ev1lb0b
01-12-2015, 02:42 PM
Has there been any mention of equipment for set 2 yet?

plaguedealer
01-12-2015, 02:50 PM
Havent heard anything on equipment for set 2 other then wheel of fate stuff.

vickrpg
01-12-2015, 02:52 PM
Yea, it has all new AI champions, they will have pve only cards that players may not even be able to get because they're NPC cards. It will also be a gauntlet type system where you build a deck to complete as many different types of encounters as possible, because the more you beat in a row the better your rewards.

They've also said Equipment and chest opening will be in with arena. Along with an improved AI. Arena isn't "basically proving grounds" It's the first dungeon, with the bones all the others will follow. Defeating opponents will give X ammount of Gold, PvE cards and/or Equipment. We need colin here for more information.

The biggest thing missing from arena is the champion/might/leveling system.

They've already given a lot of info on PVE, and Arena. I just think they're really bad at putting it up on the main page. Eg. That Kraken dungeon video a while back that you only knew existed if you read every post on the forums, or all the stuff Colin has said he's allowed to reveal from his visits to hexHQ. Your average player has no knowledge any of this exists. heck, I'm having trouble finding the links myself.

ev1lb0b
01-12-2015, 02:59 PM
They've also said Equipment...

Does this mean existing in game or existing AND usable?

plaguedealer
01-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Existing and usuable to my very limited knowledge. I second the opinion that the pve announcements should consildated to their own page.

Scammanator
01-12-2015, 03:02 PM
Does this mean existing in game or existing AND usable?

Existing, usable, AND lootable! ;)

Of course it won't be ALL the equipment. Just whatever they decide to put in chests and on the arena loot tables.

israel.kendall
01-12-2015, 03:33 PM
One of the biggest things it is adding here IMO is having a new gold faucet for all the f2p bros.

Gwaer
01-12-2015, 03:57 PM
It's specifically not the first dungeon with the bones of all dungeons to follow. It's not a dungeon. There's no might system. There's no map, or story. It's the pve proving grounds.

My biggest concern at this point is people seeing the arena and going "that's it"? That's what we've been waiting for. And it isn't. There's so much more to pve. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for the arena. I think it's going to be a lot of fun, but a dungeon or raid it is not. Is a very small taste of the future of Hex pve. At least from what I've seen and heard about it. I've actually seen a lot more of the actual pve dungeons and raids than I have of the arena. So I can only go by the features that are absent from the arena announcements.

ev1lb0b
01-12-2015, 04:03 PM
Existing, usable, AND lootable! ;)

Of course it won't be ALL the equipment. Just whatever they decide to put in chests and on the arena loot tables.

Will have to be all equipment for Set 1 as Dungeon Crawlers & above get all those equipment rewards (22 random pieces from memory...) and the PVE tier rewards *are* included with Arena unless I am mistaken??

Scammanator
01-12-2015, 04:08 PM
Will have to be all equipment for Set 1 as Dungeon Crawlers & above get all those equipment rewards (22 random pieces from memory...) and the PVE tier rewards *are* included with Arena unless I am mistaken??

I don't think that we'll necessarily be getting all of that right away. Cory said in relation to PvE KS rewards that they'd like to include them, but they might not be ready in time for the arena.

Vorsa
01-12-2015, 04:15 PM

The Kickstarter promised:

> 2 Random legendary equipment for King tier and above.
> 20 Further random rare/legendary equipment for Dungeon Crawler (and the really high tiers that include it).
> All equipment in the game at release for Immortal.
> All equipment ever for Producer.

There was never any specification given as to how big the pool of equipment those 2-22 random pieces are drawn from would be; if the Frost Ring & chests 'only' introduce equipment for 150 set 1 cards, then it will be 2-22 random pieces from that loot table.

As a Dungeon Crawler myself, I'm fine with that; it would seem silly to wait for it to 'pay out', as on day 1 of the arena update every piece of equipment will be new - x months down the line, 22 random pieces of equipment could just be a bunch of duplicates.

the_artic_one
01-12-2015, 05:23 PM
I just realized that Arena is basically the Battle Tower/Maison/whatever from pokemon games.

This makes me want to play it more.

Mike411
01-12-2015, 07:44 PM
My biggest concern at this point is people seeing the arena and going "that's it"? That's what we've been waiting for. And it isn't. There's so much more to pve.

Yup. The first raid is what I'm really looking forward to. Co-op!

WolfCrypt
01-12-2015, 07:49 PM
Yup. The first raid is what I'm really looking forward to. Co-op!

Which might be next year from looks of things...

Gorgol
01-12-2015, 11:41 PM
It's specifically not the first dungeon with the bones of all dungeons to follow. It's not a dungeon. There's no might system. There's no map, or story. It's the pve proving grounds.

My biggest concern at this point is people seeing the arena and going "that's it"? That's what we've been waiting for. And it isn't. There's so much more to pve. Don't get me wrong, I'm super excited for the arena. I think it's going to be a lot of fun, but a dungeon or raid it is not. Is a very small taste of the future of Hex pve. At least from what I've seen and heard about it. I've actually seen a lot more of the actual pve dungeons and raids than I have of the arena. So I can only go by the features that are absent from the arena announcements.

Well, no longer looking forward to arena, oh well.

Antfunk
01-13-2015, 01:17 AM
Hmm I guess there is a chance that it could have a raid. If I remember in an interview Cory said that the raid boss unlocks after you complete it on normal non Kraken's gold. I'm sure they could work that in somehow.

down2one
01-13-2015, 01:31 AM
would be awesome if they showed weekly PvE/Arena spoilers.
like how they dropped set 2 spoilers.... with lore and background

i'm pretty sure it'll drive the hype up even more. and prove to us that there really is something worth waiting for

(edit: i'm not saying there's nothing worthwhile... but you guys get my point)

Blowfeld
01-13-2015, 11:49 AM
It's 2015. We got Hoverboards, but still no PVE. Something is wrong, McFly...

Thrawn
01-13-2015, 12:40 PM
Which might be next year from looks of things...

Seems optimistic.

Antfunk
01-15-2015, 11:34 AM
So should there be any hype for tomorrows update do you think :)?

cavench
01-15-2015, 11:37 AM

Stop. The last Friday Update would've been a lot less painful for many if you hadn't created that hype thread. :(

bootlace
01-15-2015, 11:44 AM

I'm guessing a screenshot of the new chat interface.

Vorsa
01-15-2015, 11:46 AM

Nay; the last one made it clear that there's no timeline for when there'll be a timeline, so no point getting hopes up this month.

Thrawn
01-15-2015, 12:20 PM

Set 3 spoilers and release date announced plus a clear clarification and fix of the new multiple accounts policy.

Roy_G
01-15-2015, 01:26 PM
It's a bit odd to announce set 3 and spoilers with the delays with the arena.At least 5-6 months until set 3.Maybe new collector cards and general they are working on tth arena statements.

DanTheMeek
01-15-2015, 02:00 PM
Set 3 spoilers and release date announced plus a clear clarification and fix of the new multiple accounts policy.

This seems the most likely. Also possibly a paragraph dedicated to talking about how excited all the testers testing set 4 are about the new mechanics in the works. Should be hype.

plaguedealer
01-15-2015, 02:55 PM
I will be pretty disappointed if they just talk about set 3 with no discussion regarding pve. Heck there are bugs in set 2 that need to be fixed, rather them talk about that then set 3.

Thrawn
01-15-2015, 02:59 PM
I will be pretty disappointed if they just talk about set 3 with no discussion regarding pve. Heck there are bugs in set 2 that need to be fixed, rather them talk about that then set 3.

Bugs still existed in Set 1 when Set 2 was released I think.

I was just joking about Set 3, but thinking about it they did say they were aiming for three or four sets a year which would be every three of four months. So we would only be a few months from Set 3 then. ;)

I'd be happy with just an update that clarifies the multiple account mess since the thread discussing it was locked with -
We'll have more information later, once we return from the break.

But I'm guessing we have a better chance of the Arena being surprise released tomorrow than that happening..

Deathlock
01-15-2015, 07:27 PM
Oh boy, I want to read some news on Arena so much. Some spoilers and an approximate release date would be good. Exact release date would be awesome. :D

szimek
01-15-2015, 11:35 PM
I love HEX - this is the game i've been waiting my whole life ( so i can wait a little bit more for full experience :P ). PvP is great and i really enjoy it. PvE - i'm waiting for it, saving my sick days, just so i could play, play, play... and i would love to play it as soon as possible. I understand, that CZE don't wanna show to much too early, and i'm ok with waiting until it will be 100% ready BUT i agree that some info would be good to put at ease some of the concerns. Cory said on Cirouss's twitch, that it's "slightly" delayed and there is already a version of Arena, that they can play internally - that's good for me and i believe that we can expect Arena in February/March. Unfortunately many of the people feels discouraged by the lack of info and it hurts community. Some of the people are quitting HEX because they don't believe that Arena will be release soon, and for me that's the biggest problem. Someone can say "well, that's their decision" or "no one is forcing them to play", etc. but in games like HEX - bigger community is, better is experience from game. To sum it up: i don't mind waiting for Arena and i can live with no info about it, but for the sake of player base i would love to see some more info, even if it's not the good one. Making AI as good as they want is harder than they thought ? Ok, i think that people will understand it, but it's better to acknowledge that there is a problem than let conspiracy theories run wild :)

Antfunk
01-16-2015, 08:20 AM
Stop. The last Friday Update would've been a lot less painful for many if you hadn't created that hype thread. :(

Hey man, that's a little unfair. Nothing wrong with trying to generate a bit of excitement. Yes I realise that some were not expecting anything but a lot were. A lot of people are really feeling starved of PvE info so having a discussion about what interesting things we could get info on is just a way of trying to get a PvE fix as any info has not being forth coming. It is far better to have people that are excited and chomping at the bit for any bit of information they can get than to have people not care at all.

ryuukan
01-16-2015, 08:45 AM
Hey man, that's a little unfair. Nothing wrong with trying to generate a bit of excitement. Yes I realise that some were not expecting anything but a lot were. A lot of people are really feeling starved of PvE info so having a discussion about what interesting things we could get info on is just a way of trying to get a PvE fix as any info has not being forth coming. It is far better to have people that are excited and chomping at the bit for any bit of information they can get than to have people not care at all.

The Hex raid is the hype. If you're not going there physically next week, there's not much to be hyped about.

Antfunk
01-16-2015, 08:46 AM
I wish I could :(! I'm based in the UK though so quite a way! Enjoy though, I am jealous!

malloc31
01-16-2015, 08:58 AM

I disagree completely. If nothing is happening better to not be excited and not be disappointed; then to be excited and disappointed, and then have tons of people complaining. If something good is happening you will not need to generate hype, it happening alone will generate plenty of hype.

plaguedealer
01-16-2015, 09:07 AM
I think a lot of the hype centered on the nobles in game chat saying to expect something pretty good. That got the hype train rolling.

Roy_G
01-16-2015, 09:41 AM
The lack of communiction about the arena is bad from CZE side.What we know is it was supposed to follow after set 2 closely than delayed than from the latest update not even fully complete.Which leaves everyone in doubts about the progress of the arena.
More information would be great even if it's telling about the issues they are facing and why the delays happen.It
would take lots of speculations out.

Some spoilers would also be great about PVE.There are spoilers about PVP but nothing about PVE.

Thrawn
01-16-2015, 09:49 AM
The lack of communiction about the arena is bad from CZE side.

Don't worry, someone is bound to drop in an explain to you how this is the player's fault because people get upset when stuff gets delayed repeatedly.

Roy_G
01-16-2015, 09:51 AM
I don't care if it's being delayed as long as I know why it's being delayed and how it's progressing.

plaguedealer
01-16-2015, 09:58 AM
I don't care if it's being delayed as long as I know why it's being delayed and how it's progressing.

I second this 100%.

Antfunk
01-16-2015, 09:58 AM
I disagree completely. If nothing is happening better to not be excited and not be disappointed; then to be excited and disappointed, and then have tons of people complaining. If something good is happening you will not need to generate hype, it happening alone will generate plenty of hype.

Question to nobles from players, "When is PvE?"
Noble, "look out for Fridays update ;)".

Maybe you would like to attack them also?

Antfunk
01-16-2015, 09:59 AM

Thankyou :)!

ryuukan
01-16-2015, 10:04 AM
Don't worry, someone is bound to drop in an explain to you how this is the player's fault because people get upset when stuff gets delayed repeatedly.

Look, there's a lot of speculation going on here because we don't have the whole story. Only Hex Entertainment knows whats going on. And a few players, some who post here frequently. Next week, there will be a few more who see the big picture. So you need to understand that...lost my train of thought there, sorry

bootlace
01-16-2015, 10:04 AM
The lack of communiction about the arena is bad from CZE side.What we know is it was supposed to follow after set 2 closely than delayed than from the latest update not even fully complete.Which leaves everyone in doubts about the progress of the arena.
More information would be great even if it's telling about the issues they are facing and why the delays happen.It
would take lots of speculations out.

Some spoilers would also be great about PVE.There are spoilers about PVP but nothing about PVE.

In Cirouss' interview with Cory, it was explained that Arena is pretty much ready, they're playing it on their computers already. Cory said they are spending more time in the testing phase to ensure the amount of bugs is kept to a minimum after successfully using that approach with the Set 2 release.

They've already revealed how many encounters there are and the opponents pictures are in the game files if you really want to be spoiled further. We know that there will be some fun encounters like against Cory himself with his daughter's card turning into a random troop +1 cost everytime if I remember correctly, we know that there will be some Mortal Kombat style ladder climb where the higher you climb in a certain number of lives the better loot you're going to earn. We know equipment and chests will most likely also be in the patch.

So there's actually very little we don't know at this stage. I don't think some elements of surprise is a bad thing. Could they maybe reveal like one PvE card per week...yea I don't see why not, maybe we'll get that today, lets see :)

Thrawn
01-16-2015, 10:06 AM

To be fair we also already had a a forum post from CZE at that point that said not to expect much from the update.

Thrawn
01-16-2015, 10:09 AM
So you need to understand that...lost my train of thought there, sorry

Indeed, I'm not actually sure where that train was headed since I'm not sure I get what point you're trying to make. I was just commenting on how silly it is that some people actually think it would be fine for Hex to never give any dates or real solid updates because they are scared of people being upset if they let dates slide really badly.

The "few players" who post frequently with teasers and "ha, ha I know stuff you don't" make the problem worse, not better. But that's an entirely different discussion.

ryuukan
01-16-2015, 10:16 AM
Indeed, I'm not actually sure where that train was headed since I'm not sure I get what point you're trying to make. I was just commenting on how silly it is that some people actually think it would be fine for Hex to never give any dates or real solid updates because they are scared of people being upset if they let dates slide really badly.

The "few players" who post frequently with teasers and "ha, ha I know stuff you don't" make the problem worse, not better. But that's an entirely different discussion.

I was trying to reiterate what has been said before in these discussions but exactly what you said popped in my head which makes perfect sense

Xenavire
01-16-2015, 10:18 AM

It is never the players fault for the delay - but it is their fault for not expecting some delays (within reason.)

Where we draw the line for 'within reason' will vary from person to person obviously, and for me, personally, it is still within reason at this point in time, because I see that they aren't just twiddling their thumbs.

Basic rule of thumb - be a little pessimistic about all dates and be pleasantly surprised whenever they happen to hit a reasonable date.

I can, of course, understand the frustration over knowing practically nil about a hyped feature that has no date for release and a 'Soon(tm)' tag attached, and I won't argue the frustration. But I will say they must have a good reason to not be spoiling things right now. I don't know if it will ever be explained to us however. *shrug*

Thrawn
01-16-2015, 10:24 AM
Basic rule of thumb - be a little pessimistic about all dates and be pleasantly surprised whenever they happen to hit a reasonable date. *

Yeah, I am way too much of an overenthusiastic, optimistic voice around here. I'll try to work on that.

Xenavire
01-16-2015, 10:25 AM
Yeah, I am way too much of an overenthusiastic, optimistic voice around here. I'll try to work on that.

Didn't mean you, but be my guest - you do have some amusing exaggerations sometimes. ;)

Antfunk
01-16-2015, 10:28 AM
In Cirouss' interview with Cory, it was explained that Arena is pretty much ready, they're playing it on their computers already. Cory said they are spending more time in the testing phase to ensure the amount of bugs is kept to a minimum after successfully using that approach with the Set 2 release.

They've already revealed how many encounters there are and the opponents pictures are in the game files if you really want to be spoiled further. We know that there will be some fun encounters like against Cory himself with his daughter's card turning into a random troop +1 cost everytime if I remember correctly, we know that there will be some Mortal Kombat style ladder climb where the higher you climb in a certain number of lives the better loot you're going to earn. We know equipment and chests will most likely also be in the patch.

So there's actually very little we don't know at this stage. I don't think some elements of surprise is a bad thing. Could they maybe reveal like one PvE card per week...yea I don't see why not, maybe we'll get that today, lets see :)

Thankyou for this. There is some info in here I did not know about. I did see the Cory interview though :). Not seen anything about the number of opponents/MK style/ lives etc though.

Thrawn
01-16-2015, 10:30 AM
Didn't mean you, but be my guest - you do have some amusing exaggerations sometimes. ;)

I don't exaggerate. I just think that silly, but bad, rules templating like "Gortezuma refuses to block, as death by blocking is not fit for a High Clereic of Kog'tepetl!" will be the catalyst for the eventual downfall of Western civilization.

ossuary
01-16-2015, 10:30 AM
why it's being delayed

Because it's not done.

and how it's progressing.

As quickly as possible, without introducing additional bugs and delays as a result of rushing.

/thread

ryuukan
01-16-2015, 10:35 AM
Because it's not done.

As quickly as possible, without introducing additional bugs and delays as a result of rushing.

/thread

Looks like Phenteo is out of a job now, he can finally sleep

Antfunk
01-16-2015, 10:39 AM
I don't think anyone minds extra time to get a relatively bug free product. I certainly don't. I don't get why people keep throwing that out there as being the issue. People aren't clamouring give me a broken product early, (were we still in Alpha that would probably be different, but it is beta so not a good idea!), people just want some more teasers because it has gone very quiet. The interview with Cory was cool and I had the pleasure of watching it, but I would guess that only a very tiny percentage of the player base has seen that so for all intents and purposes they are completely in the dark. If a new player/potential beta downloaded was to look at the homepage they would see NOTHING about PvE.... So yeah imo that is not a good thing and they could be missing out on a lot of player!

Xenavire
01-16-2015, 10:43 AM
I don't exaggerate. I just think that silly, but bad, rules templating like "Gortezuma refuses to block, as death by blocking is not fit for a High Clereic of Kog'tepetl!" will be the catalyst for the eventual downfall of Western civilization.

This gave me a good laugh, wasn't expecting an instant payoff. Cheers, just the pick-me-up I needed right now. :)

Thrawn
01-16-2015, 10:43 AM
If a new player/potential beta downloaded was to look at the homepage they would see NOTHING about PvE.... So yeah imo that is not a good thing and they could be missing out on a lot of player!

I actually had this conversation with someone at the local game shop recently. Hex came up and they asked me how PvE was coming. I couldn't say much other than "Well, Arena which is supposed to have some of the PvE stuff should be out soonish. But don't know much other than that, or when real PvE is coming or what it will actually contain." Not exactly an amazing endorsement to get people excited.

malloc31
01-16-2015, 10:45 AM

Yes If a noble said it, I blame them too. I would rather wait for official info, then from what something someones grandmohter's hairdresser's son said (ie I dont want rumors).

And yes I totally agree we should be getting more official info, I am not happy with how little we get. I would like some card or equipment spoilers, there should be hundreds of PVE cards (player used and AI used, probably at least 500 I would guess) they could spoil one every 2-3 days till arena and still have hundreds left, not to mention all the equipment.

ryuukan
01-16-2015, 10:48 AM
I actually had this conversation with someone at the local game shop recently. Hex came up and they asked me how PvE was coming. I couldn't say much other than "Well, Arena which is supposed to have some of the PvE stuff should be out soonish. But don't know much other than that, or when real PvE is coming or what it will actually contain." Not exactly an amazing endorsement to get people excited.

I posted basically the same thing in Antfunk's thread last week. I realize now we should've responded with "It'll be done when its done, END CONVERSATION, all caps"

Antfunk
01-16-2015, 11:14 AM
If I was a potential new player visiting the home page I would think one of 2 things.

1) This is purely a pvp TCG. That is what jumps out most on the homepage from updates or.....
2) I would click into the Kickstarter which is the first thing next to all the updates. Then I would be absolutely gutted about the fact I missed out on the amazing KS bonuses, (yes I have seen people in chat asking how they can get KS codes). However I would still download the game anyway because it looks absolutely amazing. Start playing the game and be like ummm where is PvE. You all must be seeing lots of new names pop up in general lately saying when is Pvae coming? Nobody can really say anything other than it's coming soon, which is usually then replied with some kind or rage, rubbish like I'm going back to Hearthstone yadayada. I like many others defend the game because I love the game and I know that when PvE does come it will be awesome

Sadly these types of scenarios are not helping grow the player base and can also cause bad word of mouth which is a shame and nobody wants. Some people adopt the argument that who wants players like that anyway. Interpret that sort of comment as you will but we may at the very least want players that person would reccomend and so on and so forth.

plaguedealer
01-16-2015, 11:55 AM
Antfunk, you make too much sense, I need to think how I can troll you.

The issue regarding the front page is jaw dropping in my opinion. The only thing I can think is that pve is going through fundamental changes.

Antfunk
01-16-2015, 12:02 PM
HaHa. I just genuinely do care about the game. I hate forum arguments/chat arguments and try to avoid them as much as possible, but sometimes it is better to say something rather than not. Being completely honest a part of me hopes that the Hex powers that be read forum posts like this and think fair point, look at this bit of info - people then happier - new players have a better idea of what the true state is etc etc. I'm still playing the game heavily drafting most days at least once a day and have recently discovered the joys of twitch so the likes of Cirous, Pentachills, Neo, Alucard and more are keeping me extra entertained and teaching me stuff about the nuances of the game which I did not know.

nicosharp
01-16-2015, 12:07 PM
It's really difficult to promote an unfinished product.
Hex is unfinished.
We are not technically in "open" beta. Although anyone is welcomed to download and play it.

It's easy to be confused and mystified by what this game really is when such a fundamental aspect of the game is still in development. Being around since June of 2013 during the KS, I can safely say I am impressed, but still have 0 ability to bring in interested players given the games current state.

I just hope the naysayers can be silenced by February. Really hoping Arena makes it to the masses by then, even if it's February 32nd.

AstaSyneri
01-16-2015, 05:27 PM
When people say how disappointed they are about about the progress of Hex, I compare my time spent in-client (having a lot of fun for the most part) with that of other games and I have to say: "It's really worth it, and there is a lot more fun to come."

Something like Arena is hell to balance and we will see it when it can reasonably released. I have pointed out before that the Arena release is in the most basic interested of CZE. It will come, because that's when they can start to earn money in earnest. Now, how about that Door Kickers scenario with the mobster safe house on the beach...

TheSwallowsNest
01-16-2015, 05:35 PM
It's really difficult to promote an unfinished product.
Hex is unfinished.
We are not technically in "open" beta. Although anyone is welcomed to download and play it.

It's easy to be confused and mystified by what this game really is when such a fundamental aspect of the game is still in development. Being around since June of 2013 during the KS, I can safely say I am impressed, but still have 0 ability to bring in interested players given the games current state.

I just hope the naysayers can be silenced by February. Really hoping Arena makes it to the masses by then, even if it's February 32nd.

A further question is if just 1 pve dungeon going to get outside people interested or if its going to take the rest of the dungeons being released before the possibility of mass appeal.

bootlace
01-16-2015, 05:45 PM
A further question is if just 1 pve dungeon going to get outside people interested or if its going to take the rest of the dungeons being released before the possibility of mass appeal.

I think once people play one round of this Arena and they earn some loot, and get some equipment, and get into the addictive loop of trying to get further along the Arena by getting better cards/equipment/decks..light bulbs are going to go off in their brain as they start seeing the limitless potential this game has to offer. Then we're going to have a bunch of angry new addicts storming the forums asking for more of that crack...that'll be a good problem to have.

Renquist
01-16-2015, 06:01 PM
If I was a potential new player visiting the home page I would think one of 2 things.

1) This is purely a pvp TCG. That is what jumps out most on the homepage from updates or.....
2) I would click into the Kickstarter which is the first thing next to all the updates. Then I would be absolutely gutted about the fact I missed out on the amazing KS bonuses, (yes I have seen people in chat asking how they can get KS codes). However I would still download the game anyway because it looks absolutely amazing. Start playing the game and be like ummm where is PvE. You all must be seeing lots of new names pop up in general lately saying when is Pvae coming? Nobody can really say anything other than it's coming soon, which is usually then replied with some kind or rage, rubbish like I'm going back to Hearthstone yadayada. I like many others defend the game because I love the game and I know that when PvE does come it will be awesome

Sadly these types of scenarios are not helping grow the player base and can also cause bad word of mouth which is a shame and nobody wants. Some people adopt the argument that who wants players like that anyway. Interpret that sort of comment as you will but we may at the very least want players that person would reccomend and so on and so forth.

Quite a bit of truth here. As happy and excited about the new content they are Cryptozoic is creating I am just as disappointed with the time in which it takes to be put in place. I understand this is a beta but when you consistantly miss timelines such as this it is discouraging. Im hoping they can turn it around but the rate new content is going to be detrimental on the game as a whole no matter how great the quality of work is.

theradol
01-16-2015, 06:49 PM
This thread reminds me of threads from other games, questioning the release date, or the release date of beta, why its taken 10 years to make diablo 3 or starcraft 2 or get a beta invite for hearthstone (yeah, I usually only surf blizzard game forums, my bad)

And every time a community is waiting for a feature, people get impatient. The question is whether hex is taking an irresponsibly long time to release pve based on the status of the games pvp I only kickstarted for the pve and was really kicking myself for doing so months ago, after so long with no pve and the lawsuit's shadow over the game, but Truly, if you look at everything Cze has created and released so far, and the time frame its done it in, the game has made steady and solid progress and should continue to do so. It's in Cze's best interest to release pve as fast as possible and based on the work they have already put into the game to make a solid product that is already better then the whole of MTGO, its most similar product in hex's current state, we have no reason to suspect that they are scamming us or not working sufficiently hard for our/their game

In contrast to you guys who are saying its hard to get new players in the game, I have actually just gotten a friend of mine to start playing hex and he thinks its amazing even in its current state. Hes a huge tcg player and has traveled hours for yugioh tournaments and tried to become bigtime in that game, but now he has a wife and kids and lots of things he has to do. Hex gives him the full experience of playing a tcg without having to leave his house and without needing to schedule around it. That made me feel pretty good about the state of the game: its difficult for all of us reading each fridays update and seeing the game in each stage of development to not be biased about how good it is.

Also on the point of having a game that is a real hard to sell a friend on- If anyone else played League of Legends during open or closed beta, it was pretty bad and I couldn't get any friends of mine to play it, and those that did agreed it was a bad version of dota. It took a long time before that game was something I could get friends to play. We all know how that ended up. They had a great concept to begin with, but it took a long time before they were able to implement that concept into a game that people had fun with. I feel like hex is on a similar road right now.

TLDR- you guys are being justifiably antsy, but the game is clearly making steady progress. PvE will come in time for you to get full enjoyment and Hex looks like it'll be successful.

Fateanomaly
01-16-2015, 07:03 PM
People are clamouring for pve updates news and the best they can show is how cool the arena is going to look. If they are actually in the testing phase, they could at least us show gameplay videos or preview some cards or equipment.

israel.kendall
01-16-2015, 07:10 PM
Well, it does look pretty cool though.

plaguedealer
01-16-2015, 09:17 PM
This thread reminds me of threads from other games, questioning the release date, or the release date of beta, why its taken 10 years to make diablo 3 or starcraft 2 or get a beta invite for hearthstone (yeah, I usually only surf blizzard game forums, my bad)

And every time a community is waiting for a feature, people get impatient. The question is whether hex is taking an irresponsibly long time to release pve based on the status of the games pvp I only kickstarted for the pve and was really kicking myself for doing so months ago, after so long with no pve and the lawsuit's shadow over the game, but Truly, if you look at everything Cze has created and released so far, and the time frame its done it in, the game has made steady and solid progress and should continue to do so. It's in Cze's best interest to release pve as fast as possible and based on the work they have already put into the game to make a solid product that is already better then the whole of MTGO, its most similar product in hex's current state, we have no reason to suspect that they are scamming us or not working sufficiently hard for our/their game

In contrast to you guys who are saying its hard to get new players in the game, I have actually just gotten a friend of mine to start playing hex and he thinks its amazing even in its current state. Hes a huge tcg player and has traveled hours for yugioh tournaments and tried to become bigtime in that game, but now he has a wife and kids and lots of things he has to do. Hex gives him the full experience of playing a tcg without having to leave his house and without needing to schedule around it. That made me feel pretty good about the state of the game: its difficult for all of us reading each fridays update and seeing the game in each stage of development to not be biased about how good it is.

Also on the point of having a game that is a real hard to sell a friend on- If anyone else played League of Legends during open or closed beta, it was pretty bad and I couldn't get any friends of mine to play it, and those that did agreed it was a bad version of dota. It took a long time before that game was something I could get friends to play. We all know how that ended up. They had a great concept to begin with, but it took a long time before they were able to implement that concept into a game that people had fun with. I feel like hex is on a similar road right now.

TLDR- you guys are being justifiably antsy, but the game is clearly making steady progress. PvE will come in time for you to get full enjoyment and Hex looks like it'll be successful.

I agree with your assessment about the state of the game. To me Hex is the best TCG period, hands down, alot of the posts from people are antsy for good reason, but we still love the game. In my opinion, let hex pve be delayed until it is ready, but keep people updated regarding the progress.

Xenavire
01-16-2015, 11:18 PM
People are clamouring for pve updates news and the best they can show is how cool the arena is going to look. If they are actually in the testing phase, they could at least us show gameplay videos or preview some cards or equipment.

I have said it before, and I will say it again - they (probably) have a very good reason for not spoiling things yet. That said, a lot of new artwork was just shown, and thats pretty exciting - if all the new art is PvE art, I sense some sweet cards on the horizon.

Antfunk
01-17-2015, 01:28 AM
Well this Friday there was an update about PvE. Nothing super major but that is a step in the right direction imo. Small little samples like that is the way forward so I'm happy. Hopefully things like that keep coming, the front page starts getting Filled with PvE and everyone hungry for PvE feels satisfied and even more excited :)..

Cato
01-17-2015, 03:02 AM

^This.

The two year KS anniversary is fast approaching and we still have precious little new information on PvE features and mechanics, let alone development updates. A little more transparency or perhaps just simple design update blog would go a long way to pleasing the long term followers of the game.

Salverus
01-17-2015, 03:36 AM
is there any more known already on arena mechanics?
can we play as often as we want or is there some kind of energy system?
is arena 1vs1 against AI? Or can we make parties to fight etc?

or is still nothing known apart from one icey screenshot :( ?

Xenavire
01-17-2015, 04:16 AM
is there any more known already on arena mechanics?
can we play as often as we want or is there some kind of energy system?
is arena 1vs1 against AI? Or can we make parties to fight etc?

or is still nothing known apart from one icey screenshot :( ?

No energy as far as I know, and 1v1 vs AI. Not much else is known.

And Cato, can I just interject here? It is a little unreasonable to use the KS as the 'starting point' for PvE development, since the ability to reliably code it will not have been possible until late alpha/early beta. Sure, the concept stuff was in a decent place conceptually back at the KS, but even some concepts have been massively overhauled since then - so instead of the 'getting close to 2 years' comment, it would be more accurate to say it is coming up on approximately 1 year since real development could truly start (and we have no idea when the concept of the frost ring came about.)

I know expectations have been high for a very long time, but we have to be understanding, realistic, and patient. They don't want to show us too much yet, and while that isn't helpful while we wait, I feel it will pay off later, and that is a positive thing. I mean, how much replayability will it have if we know all the secrets before it even goes out the door? :p (Yes, thats an exaggeration, but you get the idea.)

Antfunk
01-17-2015, 05:05 AM
No energy as far as I know, and 1v1 vs AI. Not much else is known.

And Cato, can I just interject here? It is a little unreasonable to use the KS as the 'starting point' for PvE development, since the ability to reliably code it will not have been possible until late alpha/early beta. Sure, the concept stuff was in a decent place conceptually back at the KS, but even some concepts have been massively overhauled since then - so instead of the 'getting close to 2 years' comment, it would be more accurate to say it is coming up on approximately 1 year since real development could truly start (and we have no idea when the concept of the frost ring came about.)

I know expectations have been high for a very long time, but we have to be understanding, realistic, and patient. They don't want to show us too much yet, and while that isn't helpful while we wait, I feel it will pay off later, and that is a positive thing. I mean, how much replayability will it have if we know all the secrets before it even goes out the door? :p (Yes, thats an exaggeration, but you get the idea.)

I totally agree with a lot of your points here :). However not sharing any info due to spoiling the experience I disagree with. There were lots of spoilers for set 2. Did it ruin your enjoyment? It certainly didn't for me and I am drafting most days still at least once sometimes 2 or 3.

Mike411
01-17-2015, 05:06 AM
They might have wanted to redesign parts of the arena, so the status of it could have gone from complete to incomplete.

And redesigns are a good thing... it seems they don't want to go the public testing route for anything after set1 so they need more internal testing to make sure it's fun and balanced. It's like how set 2 was delayed a fair bit, but then I think most will agree that overall it was a smooth, balanced, and fun launch right from the start.

Xenavire
01-17-2015, 05:23 AM
I totally agree with a lot of your points here :). However not sharing any info due to spoiling the experience I disagree with. There were lots of spoilers for set 2. Did it ruin your enjoyment? It certainly didn't for me and I am drafting most days still at least once sometimes 2 or 3.

There is a massive difference between constructed vs an AI and a limited tournament. Just take a quick look at MMO dungeons - most of those are deathly boring after the 3rd-4th run. Having suprises on release day also amps the hype factor - people love to be the first to discover things. If everything is shown early...

I think Cory had the right idea a while back when he revealed a few Kraken cards, but mot much else. I think that is about as far as they could go right now... Except...

I would fully support a daily equipment spoiler from PvP cards. It doesn't matter if these will be available at launch or not, we know they must be planned and for the most part implemented, and the theorycrafting could run wild without spoiling the experience itself.

ossuary
01-17-2015, 06:10 AM
This is something that keeps coming up. It doesn't really matter if players "disagree" with CZE's desire to keep the PVE experience unspoiled; it is their design philosophy to do it this way. People keep wanting them to drop everything and use up time that could be spent on development writing a bunch of articles and even making video (which takes much, much longer), and even aside from the time investment, they just don't want to show most of this stuff before we're actually able to play it. You can not like that idea all you want, but it's not going to change the fact that it's how they intend to proceed with development. It doesn't mean they have nothing to show, it just means they don't want to show it. You just might have to accept that.

TJTaylor
01-17-2015, 09:40 AM
People never have to "just accept" anything. CZE is certainly within its rights to do what it wants, but it would be foolish not to at least hear what your customers have to say and what they are requesting. People want info. Any info. It is in CZE's best interest to provide it and there is no good reason not to. It isn't coincidence this last update had a some info regarding the PvE experience and they didn't even have to reveal much.

Antfunk
01-17-2015, 11:02 AM
There is a massive difference between constructed vs an AI and a limited tournament. Just take a quick look at MMO dungeons - most of those are deathly boring after the 3rd-4th run. Having suprises on release day also amps the hype factor - people love to be the first to discover things. If everything is shown early...

I think Cory had the right idea a while back when he revealed a few Kraken cards, but mot much else. I think that is about as far as they could go right now... Except...

I would fully support a daily equipment spoiler from PvP cards. It doesn't matter if these will be available at launch or not, we know they must be planned and for the most part implemented, and the theorycrafting could run wild without spoiling the experience itself.

No you miss my point, I actually agree with you. Just giving some some small tasters is fine like as you say an example of some equipment. If you read my reply following the Friday update, I was happy about the last update. It was very minimal just showing what the board looks like but it is something and therefore keeps people happy.

Antfunk
01-17-2015, 11:03 AM
People never have to "just accept" anything. CZE is certainly within its rights to do what it wants, but it would be foolish not to at least hear what your customers have to say and what they are requesting. People want info. Any info. It is in CZE's best interest to provide it and there is no good reason not to. It isn't coincidence this last update had a some info regarding the PvE experience and they didn't even have to reveal much.

And yes i don't think it was coincidence either so there you go, the Hex powers that be read the forums and took it on board and showed us something. That's great in my opinion. Hopefully we can get a few more tasters to keep us drooling in anticipation of the release :).

Xenavire
01-17-2015, 11:46 AM
Well, my point was that there isn't a whole lot that can be shown right this minute - this weeks update is a good example of that. I loved it, but frankly, info-wise it was basically the start of a trail of breadcrumbs, and just as substantial. Do I mind? Not at all, but some people obviously do, and are asking for more, which is why I have said there is very little they can realistically show.

I would hope that others would understand that. And I don't think it is quite as closed case as Oss is implying, but asking for something HexEnt is adamant about keeping quiet is going to lead nowhere. What might work, however, is changing tact a little - instead of this blanket request, why not come up with a reasonable list of priorities that people would like to see?

Example: lets say bosses, encounters, drops and PvE cards are off limits. My order would be:

1. PvP card equipment spoilers.
2. UI elements.
3. Art assets.
4. Chat preview.
5. Mechanics preview (as far as we know, PvE will mimic PvP mechanics, so which ones will we see? Escalation? Tunneling? Inspire? Are there any we won't see? Etc.)

This example was just thrown together, but if a dev read it they could quickly consider and eliminate any that are not possible, and any that might remain could be considered for Friday updates etc.

Would people be interested in a community list? That way we could maybe find a middle ground. Better than petty squabbles too. :)

Scammanator
01-17-2015, 12:19 PM
I would hope that others would understand that. And I don't think it is quite as closed case as Oss is implying, but asking for something HexEnt is adamant about keeping quiet is going to lead nowhere. What might work, however, is changing tact a little - instead of this blanket request, why not come up with a reasonable list of priorities that people would like to see?

Example: lets say bosses, encounters, drops and PvE cards are off limits. My order would be:

1. PvP card equipment spoilers.
2. UI elements.
3. Art assets.
4. Chat preview.
5. Mechanics preview (as far as we know, PvE will mimic PvP mechanics, so which ones will we see? Escalation? Tunneling? Inspire? Are there any we won't see? Etc.)

This example was just thrown together, but if a dev read it they could quickly consider and eliminate any that are not possible, and any that might remain could be considered for Friday updates etc.

Would people be interested in a community list? That way we could maybe find a middle ground. Better than petty squabbles too. :)

My personal list of what I want/expect to see in the coming weeks is similar to that one.

1. PvP card equipment
- Very top of my list. However far away the arena is, I expect that there is some significant portion of equipment design that has been finalized. I would find it very difficult to believe that there isn't any equipment ready to share (unless of course they did a large overhaul on equipment design and they're waiting to post on article on that before giving us equipment previews.) Plus individual equipment previews don't require lengthy articles or much time from the developers, can be given to us in small chunks, should be plentiful enough to last a while as part of regular updates, and are thought-provoking enough to keep the hype train rolling.
2. UI elements
- I love the new board preview, and I think that will keep me happy on the visual side for a couple of weeks. But I'd definitely like to see more of the UI later.
3. Art Assets
- A little lower on my list. I think art assets would be best saved for the release date announcement article when it comes. They don't do much for me to generate hype on their own, but they're a great compliment to major articles.
4. Chat Preview
-I'm expecting this preview soon. And I'll be happy when the chat updates are in game. But I'm not expecting to get too much out of the preview.
5. Mechanics preview.
-While I'm super interested in arena and PVE mechanics, this is something I'd like to see during the final week before the arena, with articles similar to those in the weeks leading up to Shattered Destiny.

Thrawn
01-17-2015, 06:42 PM
You just might have to accept that.

Well not really, we can also just start telling our friends that we have no updates, the game isn't going anywhere and they should find something else to follow. I'm not at all saying people SHOULD do that, but the player base always has the option to just lose interest and leave which I don't think anyone wants to see happen. It would be MUCH harder to bring back people who followed and lost interest than to just keep them interested.