PDA

View Full Version : DC Expansion: How many cards are different/new per?

IzzyOtaku
01-10-2015, 06:27 PM
I bought the Heroes United Version as my very first one. I have been thinking about getting the Infinite Crisis expansion and maybe some of the other like the Base game and Forever Evil somewhere down the line so Ive taken to Youtube to see some people playing them. I currently viewed someone playing the Infinite Crisis expansion combined with what I believe was the Base game because they played cards such as King of Atlantis, Fastest Man Alive, Heat Vision and as well were using Weakness cards that had a picture of the Jokers mouth which is not something that comes in the Heroes United pack. Other than a select few cards I noticed that most of the cards (I would say around 80%)that they were playing were also in the Heroes United box.

So my concern is, is it safe to assume that most of the cards in the Heroes United and Base Game exactly the same with a select few different cards, excluding the Oversized Character cards? Would it be a waste to purchase another edition? Comparing the separate editions (Base to Heroes United to Forever Evil), how many cards are actually new compared to the others?

aoineko
01-10-2015, 07:06 PM
All of the Main Deck, Oversized, and Super-Villain cards are different in each of the stand alone sets (Original, Heroes Unite, and Forever Evil). So, there are about 130 cards found only in each set. The only cards that overlap are the Starter, Weakness, and Kick cards (although the art is different for each set). All of the cards in Crisis are new, since it doesn't have the base cards.

Vaughnilla619
01-10-2015, 07:29 PM
If you like this game i suggest all the base games and expansions. If you dont play it very often and its not one of your favorites then maybe just add the first base game so you have a good enough spread.

IzzyOtaku
01-10-2015, 08:03 PM
All of the Main Deck, Oversized, and Super-Villain cards are different in each of the stand alone sets (Original, Heroes Unite, and Forever Evil). So, there are about 130 cards found only in each set. The only cards that overlap are the Starter, Weakness, and Kick cards (although the art is different for each set). All of the cards in Crisis are new, since it doesn't have the base cards.

Ah okay so its most likely that in the video I was watching the guys were playing with the 2 sets combined and just using the Starter cards from the Base game. Then added the Infinite Crisis expansion along to play that Mode.

IzzyOtaku
01-10-2015, 08:03 PM
If you like this game i suggest all the base games and expansions. If you dont play it very often and its not one of your favorites then maybe just add the first base game so you have a good enough spread.

Well I do love the game and intended to get them all at some point. Just wanted to clear up if most/half the cards were the same or not in different sets.

Stryyder
01-13-2015, 12:43 PM
Correct. As yet, there have been NO direct reprints in DC, aside from the basic cards (Punch, Vulnerability, Kick, Weakness). And that's through all 3 big sets, Crisis and Rivals. Rivals was really the first set to reprint duplicate named cards (new Batmobile, new Penguin) but they all had different effects from the originals.

GamerGurlAR88
01-13-2015, 12:52 PM
Correct. As yet, there have been NO direct reprints in DC, aside from the basic cards (Punch, Vulnerability, Kick, Weakness). And that's through all 3 big sets, Crisis and Rivals. Rivals was really the first set to reprint duplicate named cards (new Batmobile, new Penguin) but they all had different effects from the originals.

Actually Forever Evil was the 1st set to print cards with the same name as cards before it (with different effects). Power Ring and Catwoman comes to mind right away.

Stryyder
01-13-2015, 05:55 PM
Touche

GamerGurlAR88
01-14-2015, 01:21 AM
Touche

That is of course if you you don't count Super Villain, otherwise Crisis 1 win due to the Impossible Mode Villains