PDA

View Full Version : Hextechs.tv - Open: Oberon

MythicFishmom
01-11-2015, 09:04 PM
The Hextechs Open: Oberon

Open: Oberon will take place on Saturday January 17th 2015. The format will be current constructed (set 1 & 2 legal) and there will be an entry fee of 500 plat. To enter you must send your 500 plat to OfficialHextechs in-game (remember this entry fee makes up the prize pool) and submit your decklist through this link Deck List Registration (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gK6ZXGhko64QEwNEEtDIJBZU9AljNBpk1tiC1I2i7sE/viewform). You will receive confirmation from us that we received your entry and that you are cleared to enter into the tournament. Signups are now open at http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/h2odoKBoAM (http://challonge.com/tournaments/signup/h2odoKBoAM) . Anyone who has not sent in their entry fee but has signed up will be dropped 30 mins before the event begins. We will be live (twitch.tv/hextechstv) about 2 hours before the event to take any questions and help with any difficulties.

Prizes:
Open Series:
Format: Current Constructed
Entry: 500 Plat

1st Place: 20 Open Points 10,000 Platinum
2nd Place: 15 Open Points 5,000 Platinum
3rd-4th Place: 12 Open Points 2,500 Platinum (each)
5th-8th Place: 8 Open Points 1,250 Platinum (each)
9th-16th Place: 4 Open Points 500 Platinum (each)
17th-32nd Place: 2 Open Points
Participation: 1 Open Point

Keep in mind these prizes can and will be raised if we get a good turn out. These are just the base line prizes.

Rules and regulations:

1. No shows will be dropped after round 1

2. Decklists:

Deck lists must be submitted via this link Deck List Registration (https://docs.google.com/forms/d/1gK6ZXGhko64QEwNEEtDIJBZU9AljNBpk1tiC1I2i7sE/viewform). At least 30 mins before the event starts.

3. Reserves:

Two minutes have been allocated for reserves between games. This is done out of trust and respect so please try your best to take no more than two minutes. (Gems can be changed during this time however champions can not)

4. Rulings:

You can ask for a deck check if you believe there is something suspicious in your opponents deck or reserves. Each player is allowed two challenges, so use them wisely (if you are right the challenge will be refunded).

If you are playing with a card in your main deck that is supposed to be in the reserves during game one it will result in a game loss, if you are found to be playing with a card not in your submitted 75 then it will result in an immediate drop and loss of any prizes you would have otherwise gained.

Judge rulings are final!

5. 60 mins will be given for you to complete your round

6. Feature matches:

If you are streaming it will be taken as consent for us to feature your game on our stream as a feature match unless you tell us otherwise.

7. In Game Bugs:

If you experience a bug that stops the match from proceeding first talk to your opponent about what they want to do about it (screen shots help) if nothing can be resolved from the two of you then a judge will step in and make a calling on it.

8. Top 8:

Top 8 will be done the same day as the open ( if This time doesn't work for any of the top 8 competitors we can work out a time that agrees with everyone) through the 2 man ques and we will direct traffic as to who joins when.

9. End of Time procedure:

When time in round is called on the stream at that point you have 5 turns to determine a winner. If a winner can not be determined then it becomes a draw and we move on with the tournament.

10. Refund policy:

Refunds WILL NOT be given out on an individual level. This is because it would be too easy for someone who is not doing well to claim a bug and demand their money back, ultimately hurting the prize pool for the rest of you. Only if the tournament is unplayable for whatever reason (server issue etc.) then we will refund EVERYONE and reschedule the event.

Banned Cards:

Grave Nibbler - Can’t be buffed or debuffed
Eldon the Imprisoned - Transforms from non-troop damage
Rune Ear Burrower - Randomly gains +1/+1 from toops
Fissure Smith with inspire cards - In some situations, Fissure Smith can gain multiple inspire triggers at a time. With cards like Mirror Knight in the format we feel it is too powerful to allow Fissure Smith

These cards will remained banned unless there is a patch before the event that fixes them.

OutlandishMatt
01-11-2015, 11:53 PM
Uh, that's some short notice? At least, if I'm going by this forum post being the first mention of it.

And an entry fee? Is this kosher with Hex Entertainment?

desk
01-12-2015, 06:20 AM
It was first announced on 12/11/14 I believe. On reddit and the hex tech site.

MythicFishmom
01-12-2015, 10:54 AM
You can buy cards for cash outside of game but there would be an issue with an entry fee to join a community run event that we make 0 dollars off of. I don't see an issue with that. I can't stress enough that every single plat that we get goes into the prize pool. We stand to gain absolute nothing off of doing this.

OutlandishMatt
01-12-2015, 06:57 PM
You can buy cards for cash outside of game but there would be an issue with an entry fee to join a community run event that we make 0 dollars off of. I don't see an issue with that. I can't stress enough that every single plat that we get goes into the prize pool. We stand to gain absolute nothing off of doing this.

We were told we could have multiple accounts during the Kickstarter, now we can't. Things change. Don't make assumptions. And I am not here to stir a pot or anything but this could be a problem for Hex Entertainment and yourself. It's one thing to have free tournaments but when money is involved it's another thing.

phoenixforgehex
01-12-2015, 07:35 PM
Matt-
We are using literally 100% of all the entry fees to pay for prizes involving this open, future ones, and the invitational thus ensuring that all of the platinum invested returns to the community in full. If these open events turn out to be successful you can expect a higher than anticipated invitational prize pool, and eventually higher payouts for the opens themselves. CZE has no affiliation with this event or the HexTechs, as we are running these events as an outlet for community members wanting higher scale tournaments. We have heard no negative feedback from CZE in regards to this event requiring an entry fee, thus we are continuing as planned. I have high hopes for this event and future ones to come. The allure of "cash" payouts may have a higher impact to the veteran core of HEX, and the aspiring up-and-comers alike.

OutlandishMatt
01-12-2015, 09:53 PM
@PhoenixForgeHex and @MythicFishmom: I am not questioning how the proceeds are being used. I'm questioning the problems it could bring to Hex Entertainment's doorstep. If a person gets a bug and does not like your ruling then what?

It's one thing for Hex Entertainment to run tournaments for prizes, where everyone gets something but there's a reason they probably don't run them for platinum yet. I just think from a player, backer, and fansite perspective you should get their blessing before starting to have monetized tournaments.

Also, please don't take this as negative. I just want to make sure Hex Entertainment is protected as well as the players that are contributing to this game.

Unavailable
01-12-2015, 11:23 PM
Hey Matt,

They know about the event and have given no regard that this type of event would not be kosher. On top of that, the fact that it doesn't violate any Terms of Service should be enough on its own.

Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you say you 'just want to make sure Hex Entertainment is protected' - as I can't even tell what you think they need protection from in this situation?

And to address your other concern: players know that bugs exist in Hex, and sometimes things do happen (even in tournaments), but I like to think that all of our judgments and rulings have been fair in our past tournaments, and people will expect the same in the future. If someone is really concerned with a problem like this occurring, and for whatever reason doesn't trust our judges to make a fair decision on how to handle the situation based on what has happened, nobody is forcing them to enter the tournament.

Regards,
Karn

OutlandishMatt
01-13-2015, 06:38 PM
Also, I'm not sure what you mean when you say you 'just want to make sure Hex Entertainment is protected' - as I can't even tell what you think they need protection from in this situation?

Who knows?! I'm not a lawyer but my mind can certainly wander when it comes to legality. The system is weird and exploitable and I'm not trying to give any more reason for them to get into legal issues. Free tournaments, sure. Tournaments in which people are essentially paying money to enter, that's a whole can of worms I would never want to deal with. I just don't understand if it's not a big deal and there are no legal issues then why doesn't Hex Entertainment already do it? I wish you the best of luck in this venture.

havocattack
01-13-2015, 07:12 PM
um, all tournaments are paid?? O_o

OutlandishMatt
01-15-2015, 05:36 PM
um, all tournaments are paid?? O_o

I don't even know what you mean by this. All official tournaments are paid, yes. But no official tournament offers platinum as a reward. Also, all official tournaments offer a prize which makes it not considered gambling (if that's even in question). So far all community ran tournaments have been free. I have to assume that one of the reasons Hex Entertainment does not and has not had tournaments that payout platinum is because there are legal issues.

And the only reason I am concerned is because the tournament is being hosted via the Hex client. I could care less if they used Apprentice or MWS or any other 3rd party program that is not affiliated with Hex Entertainment but considering all the other drama going on with Hex I am concerned.

And let me say again, I have nothing against this model. If Hex Entertainment says, "Go ahead, run community tournaments that have an entry fee and pay out platinum prizes." I am perfectly fine with it. I just want to make sure every angle is covered. I think we all know I've had enough stuff blow up in my face and I don't want to see anything else hurt Hex.

OutlandishMatt
01-16-2015, 06:00 PM
Looks like they've endorsed it now. Good luck tomorrow.

KingxOfxThexVoid
01-16-2015, 06:43 PM
I dont feel like sinking plat into this but if there would be a rock tourney with a gold fee entrance price I would surely love to join

selpai
01-16-2015, 08:34 PM
Someone is going to have to explain to me what an "Open Point" is

Lefto
01-17-2015, 02:36 AM
Someone is going to have to explain to me what an "Open Point" is
my thoughts exactly

Indormi
01-17-2015, 02:45 AM
Open Points are "season points". At the end of the season (tentative date June 6th) the 16 players with most open points will get to play in a 16 man invitational tournament with guaranteed prices for all participants.

HeavyHitter Invitational:

Format: Constructed TBD

Entry: Free (Invite Only)

1st Place: 15,000 Platinum
2nd Place: 7,500 Platinum
3rd-4th Place: 3,000 Platinum
5th-8th Place: 1,500 Platinum
9th-16th Place: 500 Platinum
(These are the guaranteed bottom-line payouts for the Invitational. Any additional earnings from the Open Series entry fees will be added to the Invitational prize pool.)