PDA

View Full Version : Humble "Card Game" Bundle

L1ght
01-20-2015, 01:59 PM
Is HEX: Shards of Fate going to be a part of this? Seems like a pretty sweet way to get some free advertising, attract new players into the game, bring in a bit more revenue - all while supporting charity!

Any comment Cory?

https://www.humblebundle.com/

N3rd4Christ
01-20-2015, 02:06 PM
That would be awesome

mttgamer
01-20-2015, 02:08 PM
As much as i'd love for it to be(i already threw $16 at it).

Hex is in "Ninja open beta". Which still means they aren't firing up their marketing engine yet :(
Which means they probably wont be.

And unfortunately they are missing a GREAT opportunity to jump in on this.

Rendakor
01-20-2015, 02:16 PM
What would they even sell on there?

Poetic
01-20-2015, 02:19 PM
One of the coolest humbles I've ever seen. Love card games.

Turtlewing
01-20-2015, 02:31 PM
Um... wouldn't the Hex client have to be on Steam and have implemented Steam's transaction system for that to be possible?

I mean Hex accounts are free so they'd have to sell packs/platinum and have that be redeemable through Steam right?

meowstef
01-20-2015, 02:35 PM
given meny of the games in this don't touch steam at all that does not seem a problem the troble would be keeping the vaule of people collections as these bundles are very cheap to get people intrested i guess sleeves or something could be done but some how i do not see it being where they are going

mttgamer
01-20-2015, 02:46 PM
Um... wouldn't the Hex client have to be on Steam and have implemented Steam's transaction system for that to be possible?

Not Necessarily, Card Hunter and Dominion Online both just have their own key section, because they are browser based games.
So Hex can offer up whatever they want to this bundle and it would just be a code that can be redeemed inside of the hex store like normal

Saeijou
01-20-2015, 03:11 PM
I saw that as well and bought it immediately :D

Hex could be part of it... you could get a code for a free draft or something... would be nice :)

plaguedealer
01-20-2015, 03:25 PM
Card hunter is pretty good, I have enjoyed it.

L1ght
01-20-2015, 03:26 PM
Given HEX has an in-game ability to redeem codes that reward whatever they feel like - I can't see Steam / Accessibility being any issue. And as others have said, Card Hunter is not on steam (iirc been a while since I played it).

I'm thinking an Extra Starter Deck + 1 Draft Ticket would be an amazing way to get new players in the game and get them hooked.

(Might be a good time to launch a New Player Constructed format too, reduced prizes, reduced fee with a few free tickets with redeem, maybe starter deck only or some sort of limit on rares / legendary).

Zophie
01-20-2015, 03:38 PM
New players already get a free starter deck, maybe for the bundle they could give out a few packs and a draft ticket or something.

the_artic_one
01-20-2015, 03:51 PM
If they are part of it they aren't allowed to talk about it before it's announced so don't expect an answer.

arastor
01-21-2015, 05:05 PM
If they are part of it they aren't allowed to talk about it before it's announced so don't expect an answer.

OMG THEY HAVEN'T CONFIRMED IT SO THEY MUST BE PART OF IT CAUSE NDA!!!1! (/jk)

*Cough* Sorry about the shouting. Would be cool though.

Thrawn
01-21-2015, 06:22 PM
An unfinished, unreleased game missing it's most heavily hyped feature added to a Humble Bundle does not seem like good advertising. You might get some new players, and you also might end up with them largely pissed off and telling others what a waste Hex is.

Chadatog
01-21-2015, 07:52 PM
An unfinished, unreleased game missing it's most heavily hyped feature added to a Humble Bundle does not seem like good advertising.

Why do you have to talk about scrolls like that?

ryuukan
01-21-2015, 07:57 PM
An unfinished, unreleased game missing it's most heavily hyped feature added to a Humble Bundle does not seem like good advertising. You might get some new players, and you also might end up with them largely pissed off and telling others what a waste Hex is.

How is this different from Hex general chat everyday

DanTheMeek
01-21-2015, 09:59 PM
Why do you have to talk about scrolls like that?

You sir made me smile, and chuckle a little on top of that. I offer my most heart felt thanks for what you have done this day.

On topic, I agree that Hex probably isn't in a state where they should jump on something like this, first impressions are so important, which is a shame because I think this could be GREAT advertising if we had at least some PvE. On the other hand, enough people on the forums seem to love PvP only Hex maybe it would still be worth trying to join in. I actually bought the humble bundle at get everything full price (twice, hey, its charity), so I certainly wouldn't mind getting some Hex goodness on top of everything else.

Zophie
01-21-2015, 10:20 PM
Yeah I think Cory has been pretty clear about not wanting to turn on the "marketing faucet" until after PVE is in the game. It would be cool if they really were in this humble bundle but I'm afraid it's probably not in the cards this time around :cool:

Antfunk
01-22-2015, 07:58 AM
I thought that Scrolls game looks quite fun. I intend to have a look at it tonight :).

Chadatog
01-22-2015, 02:23 PM
I never played it, but did follow it closely after it was announced/entered alpha. People do enjoy it, but the comunity dried up very quickly, that was kind of a warning sign to me.

nicosharp
01-22-2015, 02:36 PM
Very cool bundle, and I would buy it if I didn't already own all the games (outside of mtg bleh).

Will be interesting to see what is added.

Ju66ernaut
01-22-2015, 02:46 PM
I hopped in on it a few days ago. Card Hunter is pretty fun. I'd like to give scrolls a shot, and I'm sure MTG will do for some between-tournament-round entertainment while we wait for HEX's PvE to roll out.

Axle
01-22-2015, 02:48 PM
Scrolls is pretty skillful and fun tbh. It's just almost -not- a card game with how consistent decks are because of the sacrifice for 2 cards mechanic. The positioning is also pretty interesting to get used to. Games are just very long and tiring sometimes, so you have to be used to that kind of thing. Chess players seem to like it a lot too? My 1800 elo in chess friend has a large group of chess friends he plays with.

Zubrin
01-22-2015, 02:54 PM
I hopped in on it a few days ago. Card Hunter is pretty fun. I'd like to give scrolls a shot, and I'm sure MTG will do for some between-tournament-round entertainment while we wait for HEX's PvE to roll out.

I'm enjoying card hunter. I saw someone stream it in between Hex round recently and ignored it, but I am glad that I picked it up here.

Glae
01-23-2015, 08:51 AM
Its so delightfully retro.

pjvedder
01-23-2015, 10:05 AM
Card Hunter is a lot of fun. I started playing it about a year or so ago while waiting for Hex alpha. It made me nostalgic for my old HeroClix days. Plus it was browser based, so i could easily sneak in some games at work. Sadly, work got busy, Hex came around, and i haven't played in quite some time. Same thing with Scrolls. Hex just got in the way :p

Antfunk
01-23-2015, 10:16 AM
I didn't even see Card Hunter! Looks a bit like Hero Quest which I begged my parents for, for Christmas and got in the end :)!

Saeijou
01-23-2015, 11:06 AM
does card hunter require more money?

Antfunk
01-23-2015, 11:19 AM
Man that card Hunter looks like so much fun!! Will give me some PvE CCG fix till Hex Arena. Anyone know if it is available on MacBook? At my Mum's this weekend so not got access to my PC!

pjvedder
01-23-2015, 11:21 AM
does card hunter require more money?

You can definitely play for free. Like all F2P games, though, there are things you can purchase with real money. Most notably, there is like the Card Hunter's club, or something like that, where you can buy a weekly, monthly, etc. membership, and it kinda grants you more loot after each battle. I don't remember offhand if the loot is actually better, but there's a chance it may be. There are also certain levels that require you to pay in Pizza (the in-game currency akin to Platinum for Hex), but you do get some Pizza from just playing the game. Those levels are not required though, but I believe may grant you high-end loot. But you could definitely enjoy the game fully without spending a penny.

pjvedder
01-23-2015, 11:21 AM
Man that card Hunter looks like so much fun!! Will give me some PvE CCG fix till Hex Arena. Anyone know if it is available on MacBook? At my Mum's this weekend so not got access to my PC!

It's browser based, so you're all set.

Saeijou
01-23-2015, 11:23 AM
You can definitely play for free. Like all F2P games, though, there are things you can purchase with real money. Most notably, there is like the Card Hunter's club, or something like that, where you can buy a weekly, monthly, etc. membership, and it kinda grants you more loot after each battle. I don't remember offhand if the loot is actually better, but there's a chance it may be. There are also certain levels that require you to pay in Pizza (the in-game currency akin to Platinum for Hex), but you do get some Pizza from just playing the game. Those levels are not required though, but I believe may grant you high-end loot. But you could definitely enjoy the game fully without spending a penny.

thanks, that was the info i needed :)

Zubrin
01-23-2015, 06:58 PM
I've created a HEX guild in card hunter(http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/guildmembers.php?name=hex). If you want to join, I will have to initiate you in game. I am Zubrin there. I don't know computer.

pjvedder
01-23-2015, 09:41 PM
I've created a HEX guild in card hunter(http://cardhuntermeta.farbs.org/guildmembers.php?name=hex). If you want to join, I will have to initiate you in game. I am Zubrin there. I don't know computer.

Nice... all this talk about card hunter got me to play a game during my lunch break today. I didn't even realize they had guilds. I may just join you. My CH IGN is pjvedder as well. Not sure if there's anything else i need to do.

Ju66ernaut
01-23-2015, 10:18 PM
IGN: Bombs. I added you Zubrin and Penta.

Gwaer
01-23-2015, 10:49 PM
Ugh, I will have to join the card hunter hex guild =( Guess i better try to remember my card hunter password.

Zophie
01-24-2015, 01:40 AM
Add Zophie too plz :)

Antfunk
01-24-2015, 01:52 AM
WOW. I am so frickin hooked to this card hunter game! Just won my first epic and legendary loot :)! I haven't tried the multiplayer yet but really enjoying the solo PvE! My IGN is Antfunk.

Zubrin
01-24-2015, 11:36 AM
It seems like we both have to be online for me to add people as friends. To add people to the guild, I have to play a custom game against you as well. I will try to be online, just message me in game and be patient as I am not at my computer all the time, but I will try to get more people in when I can.

DanTheMeek
01-24-2015, 01:38 PM
There's a significant amount of solo pve content in this game you say? I haven't redeemed my card hunter code yet, but in that case I will definitely have to check this game out. I think I played it once long ago, but about an hour into the tutorial wasn't really feeling it so never came back, but I suppose its worth giving a second chance since I got a basic edition from the humble bundle anyway, and while my desire to pay large sums of money for the chance to get humiliated by other human beings is not what it was in my youth, my enjoyment of playing card games in a reasonably priced and more casual pve environment remains as strong as ever.

Stirred.Leaf
01-24-2015, 02:02 PM
I quit playing through the Card Hunter campaign because it was hard to diversify your strategy without putting in a lot of time for all the different loot drops, and it got a bit tiresome for me. But the solo campaign is certainly extensive. The writing is also pretty funny and quirky, with a lot of references to table top/card/video gaming and fantasy, so it's certainly worth checking out.

Antfunk
01-24-2015, 04:14 PM
I have put quite a few hours in since discovering it in this post and there is a huge amount of content. I believe you get a months member club access so you will be getting the bonus loot. Just the one legendary for me so far!

There seems to be all the standard PvE content which is a serious amount, the bundle also unlocked the expansion, again a huge amount of content, it also unlocked the treasure PvE content which I ave only seen 2 so far and I think there is 11 or 12 of those, there is also fan made PvE dungeons I just discovered the first of and then of course there is PvE. So yeah, a lot of content lol!

Gwaer
01-24-2015, 08:54 PM
It should have a lot of content, I played it for a while back in 2011, and it had a good bit then. I haven't loaded it back up yet. However I always meant to go back and check it out after it had a little more development time kind of looking forward to it

Ju66ernaut
01-25-2015, 12:46 AM
The Card Hunter campaign is the new bane to my productivity. Up to the level 6/level7 encounters and having a blast!

Antfunk
01-25-2015, 03:54 AM
Woop level 8 and nearly level 9 :P. 2 legendaries in the bag! The PvP system looks quite nice to. Tip - When you do PvP for the first time it gives you a free pre made party. You can use all the nice loot that this party has on your PvE party.

Also, Bombs, I got added to the guild. Is there a guild chat function anywhere? We should try and get more Hex players in for the league table spoils :).

Antfunk
01-25-2015, 03:55 AM
Also players should save this link for the Lootfairy:

http://sorcererers.dotq.org/loot-fairy.php

wolzarg
01-25-2015, 04:05 AM
As one of the first 6? testers in on that game i whole heartedly give it my sign of approval and the only reason i don't play it any more is i have too much time putt in and not enough has changed yet besides my free time shrinking considerably. Before the final wipe i was like 18 challenges out from completing them all with the help of a friend.

Antfunk
01-25-2015, 05:34 AM
Are you saying the PvE can be multiplayer? I only seen solo PvE so far.

Zubrin
01-25-2015, 03:04 PM
I will be on cardhunter for a bit to add people to the guild. You need to complete the multiplayer tutorial first before you joing.

Struyk
01-25-2015, 03:47 PM
They should add some humble bunder AA's / packs as reward! :D

Ertzi
01-25-2015, 03:52 PM
Card Hunter is super addictive, thanks for the tip! Just the thing to hold me over while waiting HEX PvE. And lol @ Loot Fairy. Had no idea such a thing existed. Saved the bookmark immediately, thanks Antfunk. Man, suddenly I miss my DnD playing days...

Ertzi
01-25-2015, 03:56 PM
About the other games in the bundle... Solforge looked horrible at this stage. Couldn't take more than a few minutes of it. Scrolls definitely requires more study. Too time-consuming for quick analysis. Talisman was one of my favorite boardgames as a child, but I couldn't get into the digital version at all. But now, more Card Hunter (I should actually sleep)!

Antfunk
01-26-2015, 01:46 AM
There is also a loot bandit. There is probably a link to track that somewhere to :). Not had chance to research it yet. I think I am on quest 21 of 40, (not including treasure quests/expansion/fan made) dungeons. Man this game is huge. Can someone explain what the guild features are?

Werlix
01-27-2015, 02:55 PM
Star Realms is a really nicely designed pvp competitive Deck Builder game. Played over 200 games online so far. I play a game every day walking to work and one walking home from work :)

Zophie
01-27-2015, 03:09 PM
Yeah I really like Star Realms for its asynch multiplayer options, can run several games at once when I'm bored.

I also already owned all the Dominion xpacs before I bought this bundle, it's really fun as well, and my friends have been known to have Dominion games running on occasion on our laptops in between turns at tabletop night :)