PDA

View Full Version : Next Base Expansion? Sidekick Uprising?

IzzyOtaku
01-22-2015, 10:46 AM
Pure speculation by the way.
I was just thinking, "What could the next base expansion of the DC Deck Building Game possible be?" I mean the Core set was pretty much the Justice League and all the main things you would expect in a DC comic, Heroes United was pretty much the 2nd tier of DC Heroes and Villains, and then Forever Evil was the flip flop with the big baddies vs the Justice League. So what could be next? Then I thought of the superheroes in training and the lesser characters. Even not just about all the sidekicks, but any lesser hero than the League. I guess you could say a Teen Titans expansion. My list of heroes I think would go in the set would be:
Kid Flash/Impulse
Wonder Girl
Miss Martian
Speedy/Arsenal
Red Robin/Red Hood/Damian Wayne/Cassandra Cain/Stephanie Brown (Any of them really)
Aqualad
Terra
Superboy
Beast Boy
Raven
Ravager
Solstice

A list of Supervillains I think would be nice to see would be:
Killer Frost
Vertigo
The Brotherhood-feeds cards into your deck and line up to weaken you
Scarecrow
Prometheus
Zod
Metallo
Ares
Darkseid
Queen Bee
Ocean Master
Mercy Graves? >__>
Brain
Red Volcano
Mammoth
Cheshire
Clayface
Atomic Skull
Kobra
Shimmer
Superboy (Jon Lane Kent)
Harvest

Just my thoughts, what do you think would possibly be the next base expansion? If you think its this one as well or like this idea, what heroes and villains would you like to see in it?

GamerGurlAR88
01-22-2015, 11:16 AM
It was known for a while that Teen Titians is the name of the next Expansion

IzzyOtaku
01-22-2015, 12:12 PM
It was known for a while that Teen Titians is the name of the next Expansion

Aaah, I just recently got into this (got all my sets around Christmas), so I wasnt aware this was already in the process. Thanks for the update, I hope some of these character are being considered in it. Ill be digging for some more information on this set.

GamerGurlAR88
01-22-2015, 01:10 PM
Aaah, I just recently got into this (got all my sets around Christmas), so I wasnt aware this was already in the process. Thanks for the update, I hope some of these character are being considered in it. Ill be digging for some more information on this set.

I gotcha, my bad. Yea so far the products are Core, Heroes united, Forever Evil, Crisis 1, Rivals 1, and 5 Promos. Upcoming Products are Crisis 2, Crossover Pack 1: JSA, Crossover Pack 2: Arrow, and Teen Titans. Those are the ones we know about. *cough* can not wait for More Rivals.*Cough*

kathnor
01-23-2015, 08:25 AM
I am pretty sure it's based off the blackest night green lantern story ark. Would be cool. Mainly because of the 'undead' heroes on the front.

Stryyder
01-23-2015, 05:54 PM
Crisis 2 is based on blackest night/Corp wars from what they've said.

But yes, the next core expansion is Teen Titans.

IzzyOtaku
01-24-2015, 11:26 AM
So I did a little digging and the crossover #1 is only going to have 18 cards and 7 oversized heroes? Is that really all thats been confirmed or thats just it? Seems really small. I wonder if the crossovers are going to be in original art or New 52 interpretation. (Most likely original since there really isnt any drawn art from the Arrow show that Cryptozoic could borrow from for the game)

aoineko
01-24-2015, 01:14 PM
The Crossover Packs are meant to be small packs that can be easily shuffled into a base set without having to worry about taking anything out. They will of course have a lower price point. They also only use existing art. Arrow will use screencaps.

IzzyOtaku
01-24-2015, 03:38 PM
The Crossover Packs are meant to be small packs that can be easily shuffled into a base set without having to worry about taking anything out. They will of course have a lower price point. They also only use existing art. Arrow will use screencaps.

Yeah thats what I figured about it when I saw how small the list for cards was, probably will be in the 5-10$ range, most likely 10.
And yeah I figured they only use existing art since all of it is cropped from comics. Im just wondering if the JSA cards will be the original old art or newer looking like if they were in the New 52 verse, but I dont think so since Im pretty sure none of the JSA members have appeared in any iteration of the New 52 (except maybe Jay Garrick).

midnight_rider
01-24-2015, 05:13 PM
Yeah thats what I figured about it when I saw how small the list for cards was, probably will be in the 5-10$ range, most likely 10.
And yeah I figured they only use existing art since all of it is cropped from comics. Im just wondering if the JSA cards will be the original old art or newer looking like if they were in the New 52 verse, but I dont think so since Im pretty sure none of the JSA members have appeared in any iteration of the New 52 (except maybe Jay Garrick).

There will be some Alex Ross artwork in the set.

Arrojacast
03-23-2015, 02:18 PM
I gotcha, my bad. Yea so far the products are Core, Heroes united, Forever Evil, Crisis 1, Rivals 1, and 5 Promos. Upcoming Products are Crisis 2, Crossover Pack 1: JSA, Crossover Pack 2: Arrow, and Teen Titans. Those are the ones we know about. *cough* can not wait for More Rivals.*Cough*

I know what you mean about rivals. I am just sitting here scratching my head, wondering why they planned 2 cross-over packs in one year but they are waiting so long to announce a second rival pack...

BenJazz
03-23-2015, 03:17 PM
They have also announced two other Crossover packs: Legion of Super Heroes and Watchmen.

aoineko
03-23-2015, 03:40 PM
I know what you mean about rivals. I am just sitting here scratching my head, wondering why they planned 2 cross-over packs in one year but they are waiting so long to announce a second rival pack...

Because 2 Crossover packs have less cards than one Rivals set?

Arrojacast
03-23-2015, 06:52 PM
Because 2 Crossover packs have less cards than one Rivals set?

I thought you wanted to make stuff that was popular, not make as many expansions as possible...but I guess an expansion isan expansion no matter how small...

AaronH
03-23-2015, 07:04 PM
The crossover packs would have been in the process of being made well before Rivals was even released. It would have been irresponsible to put them on the back burner so close to release (when most of the work had likely already been done) just to rush out a new Rivals.

midnight_rider
03-23-2015, 09:11 PM
I personally prefer the crossovers myself. Not a huge fan of Rivals, though I do see the appeal. I just want as many cards to cycle in the classic competitive decks as possible. And more oversize heroes. There are still a ton of possibilities.

BenJazz
03-24-2015, 10:23 AM
What I like about the crossovers is it allows us to get cards and characters that we would never see a big box version made out of. I was super excited to hear about the JSA and Legion of Superheroes crossovers as I never expected them to make full versions of either. There are some small but well respected properties that DC has that I am super exited to see hopefully come out of more of these Crossover packs.

Arrojacast
03-24-2015, 07:52 PM
The crossover packs would have been in the process of being made well before Rivals was even released. It would have been irresponsible to put them on the back burner so close to release (when most of the work had likely already been done) just to rush out a new Rivals.
How long does it take to make a set that size? You know, it probably does take more than I think, so never mind that, but it still does not answer my question, if the reason they are not making more rivals sets is they want to see how it is received, than why did the plan for 2 cross over packs so close together?

TanisFrey
03-24-2015, 11:24 PM
How long does it take to make a set that size? You know, it probably does take more than I think, so never mind that, but it still does not answer my question, if the reason they are not making more rivals sets is they want to see how it is received, than why did the plan for 2 cross over packs so close together?Most likely they could not decided between the two ideas and made both to see how they are received.

AaronH
03-25-2015, 02:34 PM
than why did the plan for 2 cross over packs so close together?

Small booster packs are much less work, and (importantly) much less risk if they turn out to be duds than the Rivals sets. Rivals introduces new mechanics that don't jive 100% with the rest of the Cerberus games, whereas the Crossover packs are designed to shuffle right in with no worries.