PDA

View Full Version : Self-Destroying Deck Combo

kingaries01
01-22-2015, 10:40 PM
So I'm playing a 4 player game of DC Deck Building with my friends. It's close to the beginning of the game and we're playing with all main deck cards from every game (except Rivals). I play the only card I have in my hand at the time which is the Super Power Shazam!. I reveal and play the top card of the deck and it's the Hero Firestorm. So I have to play it then return it. I return it to the main deck and continue resolving Firestorm by putting the top card of my deck under my Character card. The card I drew was the Villain Clayface. Firestorm copies the ability of Clayface which forces me to play the only other card I played this turn which is Shazam!. This makes me play Firestorm again. It then occurs to me that this effect won't end until I have my entire deck under my character card (because the wording says it "must be done", not "may be done"). Am I doing this incorrectly or is the game just over for me?

TPlush
01-22-2015, 10:48 PM
Not 100%, but pretty sure Firestorm hasn't fully resolved, and as such is still not on top of the deck.

kingaries01
01-22-2015, 11:00 PM
You're saying he doesn't go back on top until I resolve the first ability? If so, then using him to copy Shazam! again would make me play the next card on the main deck? The timing is a bit confusing in this scenario cause Firestorm hasn't fully resolved until it goes back to the top of the deck and Clayface's ability would start a new chain by activating Shazam! again. which is why I thought it would resolve after Firestorm goes back.

aoineko
01-23-2015, 12:42 AM
Firestorm doesn't go back until he's completely resolved.

1) SHAZAM! plays Firestorm.
2) Firestorm puts Clayface onto your Super Hero.
3) Resolve the Clayface text to play SHAZAM! again.
4) Play the next card on top of the main deck.
5) Place the second card back on top of the main deck.
6) Place Firestorm back on top of the main deck.

kingaries01
01-23-2015, 12:56 AM
I see. That clears up a lot. Thanks :)