PDA

View Full Version : DC deck Builder Game

deckmith
01-22-2015, 11:10 PM
I am new to the deck builder games I have purchased the basic DC deck builder game. I was looking to know what were the other ones for the DC game. I saw the basic blue box, the Hero United red box, the Crisis expansion, DC rivals, Batman vs. Joker, and there was another blue box called (Crisis 2) box but that one looks like the basic box and the contents supposedly have one or two Heros from the Heros United red box. My question is the other blue box is that worth getting or is that a typo type of thing?

kingaries01
01-22-2015, 11:28 PM
The Crisis Expansions are add-ons to the main games. They turn the game into a Co-Op mode for players who want to work together instead of against each other. The first Crisis Expansion had hero characters cards from the basic set but made them Crisis mode cards and changed their powers to make them more player friendly to work as a team. I suspect that's what they're doing for Crisis 2 with the Heroes United characters.

I own every DC Deck Building set and it's my favorite game(s). This is the best Deck Builder for people just getting into this type of gameplay cause it's probably the easiest to learn. I highly recommend getting the others later on but in the mean time have fun and get familiar with what you got so far. Forever Evil has a little more complicated rules to them but nothing too serious.

xfactor190
01-23-2015, 11:21 AM
honestly i am pretty new to the deck building games myself. I got dc as a birthday gift from a friend and introduced my friends to it. Now we all play and pretty much own all the sets out so far. AS you get more used to the game play try and expand your play parameters. For instance: my friends and i usually play with 3+ heroes depending on how many of us there are. another thing i suggest doing is playing one set at a time so you can learn what the cards do and what types of interactions there are. The game is a blast to play.

deckmith
01-24-2015, 12:22 AM
Actual question was there already a crisis 2 box or what that a misprint. only DC basic, Heros United, Crisis, Forever Evil, and Batman vs. Joker only with the upcoming Crisis 2 Expansion?

strtegistjdb
02-15-2015, 05:00 PM
Hello, I have purchased the first two deck-building games and am investing in the others. My local shop has been willing to indulge in me hosting tournaments there for anyone interested. Is there anything I need to be aware of first?

Matt_Hyra
02-16-2015, 04:28 AM
Actual question was there already a crisis 2 box or what that a misprint. only DC basic, Heros United, Crisis, Forever Evil, and Batman vs. Joker only with the upcoming Crisis 2 Expansion?

The Crisis 2 box is not a misprint. It just hasn't released to most of the world, yet.
It has been seen in Australia and a few other places already, but it doesn't release in the USA for a couple more weeks.