PDA

View Full Version : Forever Evil Expansion?

kathnor
01-23-2015, 08:26 AM
I love forever evil. I really want an expansion for it. Any ideas floating around?

Mac_Apple
01-23-2015, 10:44 AM
I'd really like to see the Starting Villains get main deck cards similar to how, in previous games, Superman had "Man of Steel", Batman had "The Dark Knight", etc.

In other words, "The Terminator", "Bizarro #1", " Dr. Harleen Quinzel", etc.

And as an added bonus, maybe the bad guys from Earth-3 could be made into oversized cards? That might be a bit of a stretch.

Notable villains were also missing from the set as main deck cards or starting villains, such as Lobo, a Superwoman adversary (Cheetah, Ares, Circe), Reverse Flash... maybe even Blackfire.

benjoewoo
01-23-2015, 11:13 AM
Many of those cards are in the other sets. Bizarro is in the base game, Harley Quinn's card is in base game, and Lex is a super villain in both the base game and Crisis Expansion Pack #1.

Those cards are actually pretty damn good for the heroes too. If Harley Quinn passes a vulnerability through mallet and then uses her base game card, she sets up an opponent for a bad draw or need for destruction, while possibly setting other players up with terrible draws. Bizarro gives himself weaknesses, so his own card allows him to convert left over weaknesses to points while still having the option to draw.

Lex's super villain cards are obscene.

The Crime Syndicate big adversaries are essentially the Justice League, who comprise the Super Heroes for the Super Hero/Super Villain stack, so I wouldn't say they don't have their adversaries included.

Since Teen Titans has been announced, maybe Blackfire will make an appearance? Maybe Reverse Flash could appear in a flashpoint expansion or something? They seem more appropriate to those game themes rather than Forever Evil, where they didn't appear in the main Forever Evil story.

I do wonder why Captain Cold didn't get an oversized card though, since he was a pretty major factor in the main Forever Evil story. Steve Trevor who was in a tie in story got a card, but the guy who takes out Johnny Quick only gets a cold gun in the Forever Evil expansion. And Alex Luthor didn't get a main deck card, even though he's one of the more powerful Crime Syndicate members as Mazahs.

Either way, solid game and looking forward to seeing more.

BenJazz
01-29-2015, 02:50 PM
I'd really like to see the Starting Villains get main deck cards similar to how, in previous games, Superman had "Man of Steel", Batman had "The Dark Knight", etc.

In other words, "The Terminator", "Bizarro #1", " Dr. Harleen Quinzel", etc.

And as an added bonus, maybe the bad guys from Earth-3 could be made into oversized cards? That might be a bit of a stretch.

Notable villains were also missing from the set as main deck cards or starting villains, such as Lobo, a Superwoman adversary (Cheetah, Ares, Circe), Reverse Flash... maybe even Blackfire.

I have a feeling that the Crime Syndicate from Earth-3 will be the new oversized character cards if they create a Crisis 3 for Forever Evil. Would make a lot of sense due to them being heavily featured throughout the game cards (similar to how the original oversized heroes from the base game were models for the best main deck cards).

benjoewoo
01-29-2015, 09:10 PM
It'd be awesome to play as the Crime Syndicate, just a little difficult to make thematically if using New 52 continuity, which the DC themed games have been following for the most part--Crisis refers to older comic events but uses mostly New 52 art.

I imagine the Earth 3 people would have similar benefits as the Earth Prime/1 heroes that have minor drawbacks as a twist. That'd be pretty interesting.

BenJazz
01-31-2015, 11:10 AM
I don't see how it would be hard to do thematically since [SPOILER ALERT] they are the main antagonist in Forever Evil [END SPOILER ALERT] :D . I do like the idea of their character cards having a slight drawback like"Once per turn, you may discard a [Insert card type] to ..." or even better "Once per turn, you may spend X VP to ...". Great way to have the VP's become more integrated besides just for end VP total (similar to Sinestro).

LexLuthorJr
02-01-2015, 04:24 AM
I actually don't think I'd want the Crime Syndicate as Super Villains in a Forever Evil expansion. They would feel like too much of a copy of the original set's Super Heroes.

I would much rather see a few more historically popular villains such as Brainiac, Joker, Cheetah, and Professor Zoom.

BenJazz
02-01-2015, 04:36 PM
I actually don't think I'd want the Crime Syndicate as Super Villains in a Forever Evil expansion. They would feel like too much of a copy of the original set's Super Heroes.

I would much rather see a few more historically popular villains such as Brainiac, Joker, Cheetah, and Professor Zoom.

Actually a good idea. The Crisis expansions though have been themed pretty well (Crisis/Blackest Night) so there would have to be a good tie-in (hence Crime Syndicate) ...OR... they could go with Kingdom Come since it featured beautiful artwork (YAY ALEX ROSS!) and classic villains (like those you mentioned). I think that would make a lot of people happy.

vbui0803
02-01-2015, 08:33 PM
Actually a good idea. The Crisis expansions though have been themed pretty well (Crisis/Blackest Night) so there would have to be a good tie-in (hence Crime Syndicate) ...OR... they could go with Kingdom Come since it featured beautiful artwork (YAY ALEX ROSS!) and classic villains (like those you mentioned). I think that would make a lot of people happy.

I would love a kingdom come expansion. But I really want to see a flashpoint expansion maybe crisis or crossover that would be awesome, I feel these are people pleasers haha.. Forever evil is awesome version and I do want to see more expansions. Probably with more superman and flash cards like I've mentioned before. It would be cool like joker, cheetah, reverse flash, General zod, and more flash/superman villians. Any of these would make me happy and buy it immediately!