PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Raiding Spoils

Shaqattaq
01-23-2015, 03:29 PM
Spoiler alert! PVE cards ahead!

http://www.hextcg.com/hex-update-raiding-spoils/

plaguedealer
01-23-2015, 03:33 PM
Update made my day, thanks for the pve info. Holiday can definitly become extremely strong. Soul cube could definitely do well in control decks since genesis cube probably created things from the void.

Valoisian
01-23-2015, 03:42 PM
Great update! Love it!

Selanius
01-23-2015, 03:48 PM
Amazing update, THIS is what we have been clamoring for! Thanks HEXEnt!

chromus
01-23-2015, 03:53 PM
Awesome update and sneak peaks! Hyped! Thanks guys. :)

kareal
01-23-2015, 03:56 PM
Hrmm, after Holiday transforms does it retain its uniqueness?

meowstef
01-23-2015, 03:58 PM
this looks fun looking forward to it

Cory_Jones
01-23-2015, 04:04 PM
I REALLY like one of the cards in this update :)

L1ght
01-23-2015, 04:07 PM

Is that your daughter on the Holiday card?

Feldspar78
01-23-2015, 04:09 PM
Is that your daughter on the Holiday card?

It is, this is one of the cards he mentioned in his PvE interview with Cirouss IIRC.

Axle
01-23-2015, 04:11 PM
edit: nvm read the card wrong

MatWith1T
01-23-2015, 04:24 PM

She needs some killer flavor text!

RCDv57
01-23-2015, 04:46 PM
Lets just hope that holiday never transforms into Dementia daisies around Pippit.
That would be awful.

Gregzilla
01-23-2015, 04:47 PM
So we won't be able to use PvE cards in tournaments - understandable - but what about in Proving Grounds?

Cory_Jones
01-23-2015, 04:50 PM
there will be PVE battle formats, including Proving Grounds :)

so much fun... total all out wacky power decks

Erebus
01-23-2015, 05:00 PM
Draw Partner!

poizonous
01-23-2015, 06:41 PM
Anyone think that Nori would be an amazing PvP card and still being completely balanced? Like if it read, whenever a shinhare you control is sacrificed, Nori gains Swiftstrike till the end of the turn. Sounds like a legitimate threat Bunnies could use to become legit contenders, but all in all, Im definitely looking forward to Soul Cube

Vorsa
01-23-2015, 06:44 PM
Cards!
Equipment!
Frosty menus!
Thank you. :cool:

Poca - quite a beast, but should be easy to trade with (unless Zoltog has a lot of quick actions up his sleeve).
Nori - an interesting little chap, though he's caught between the need for Shin'hare and the diamond Swiftstrike gem.
Holiday - fun card; perfect for opening hand, but expect to be deadweight for quite some time with exhaust requirement.
Soul Cube - crying out for Extinction, especially with the Grips of the Unfortunate End.

malloc31
01-23-2015, 08:36 PM
Just want to say thanks for the great update, this is just the kind of update I had been hoping/begging for :)

Thanks!

Xenavire
01-23-2015, 08:38 PM
OK, Cory, you are getting our Wild West gear packaged and on the way - next step, our raiding style free for alls! (We need some real multiplayer. Guilds need more interactivity!)

Request aside, loving all the details, can't wait to sink my teeth into it.

Yoss
01-23-2015, 08:57 PM
Good stuff! :)

I agree Cory's daughter needs flavor text.

Deathlock
01-23-2015, 09:31 PM
Cool stuff and an informative update. Can't wait to start my Arena battles :)

mudkip
01-23-2015, 09:58 PM
I like the Holiday power, I hope she's easy to get, despite being legendary. That equipment seems weak.

I'd love to see an uncommon Holiday-lite where the power, instead of pay 1, would be pay the new casting cost.

Hrmm, after Holiday transforms does it retain its uniqueness?
I would say yes, similar to how the other unique transforming cards work.

Erukk
01-24-2015, 03:44 AM
Surprisingly, out of that entire update, I was more taken with the new chat box. It looks great, and we finally get the different chats separated into their own different channels. I do have one question though. Is the new Battle channel taking over for Local, or is it where different promotions are going to go for when players ask for anyone willing to duel and/or to help fill and start drafts? If it's the former, you might want to rename it the "Hype!" channel.

And since it had to be asked, is someone willing to share that 560,000p with the rest of the class? :p

bootlace
01-24-2015, 05:27 AM
Awesome update, exactly what the community was looking for. Safe to say the hype train is back on track!

If both players have a Soul Cube - which players' Soul Cube gets to void the dead troop? I think there was some explanation about how the rules worked in these cases some time back but I totally forget.

One very minor gripe is how the Champions and cards have exactly the same name. I can imagine this getting confusing sometimes so I was kind of hoping cards like Puck and Poca would go on a first name basis in either Champion form or card form.

Xenavire
01-24-2015, 07:00 AM
I like the Holiday power, I hope she's easy to get, despite being legendary. That equipment seems weak.

I'd love to see an uncommon Holiday-lite where the power, instead of pay 1, would be pay the new casting cost.

I would say yes, similar to how the other unique transforming cards work.

It won't retain uniqueness, only the power. Just look at Jovial Pippet transforming a unique troop - it loses unique. Holiday will for the same reasons.

It is only troops with set transformations (Hop'hiro etc) that will adhere to unique rules that way.

nickon
01-27-2015, 05:21 PM
I love the art on all of these! Or is it just the fact that these are the first arena loot drops that are getting announced? :p

eimerian
01-28-2015, 11:22 AM
https://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/GenesisCubeCSS.png

Hmm... Ok this is probably a stupid nitpick but can we target troops in the void?
I feel like this should better read:
"At the start of your turn, put a troop voided by Soul Cube into play under your control."

At least that's how that other game phrases things, google "Ashiok, Nightmare Weaver", don't tell the laywers!

Aradon
01-28-2015, 04:08 PM
http://gatherer.wizards.com/Pages/Card/Details.aspx?multiverseid=106657 - this card shows an example of targeting cards in the exile/void zone. It's just another zone. The only oddity with wording is that it says 'troop' rather than 'troop card' which is how Magic would approach this. I think it's been established somewhere that troops are troops in all zones, though, rather than just troop cards? It's a discrepancy from Magic that I don't really care for, but we'll see how it all pans out rules-wise.