PDA

View Full Version : Purchasing promo cards?

deckmith
01-26-2015, 02:18 AM
Is there a way of buying any of the promo cards for any of the deck builders? Getting them late in the game?

sivartalappes
01-26-2015, 08:40 AM
ebay

LexLuthorJr
01-26-2015, 11:29 AM
Unfortunately, that really is your best bet at the moment.

They'll pop up on boardgamegeek.com every so often when Cryptozoic is able to produce a supply, but that is quite rare. And even when they do send a supply, the cards usually sell out instantly.

The only other option is attending a convention at which Cryptozoic will be hosting events. They usually have promos to distribute as attendance giveaways or as prizes for winning events. I attended GenCon last year with some friends and we went home with several copies of Martian Manhunter and Felix Faust, as well as one extra Starfire. Cryptozoic is usually pretty generous at events.

Matt_Hyra
01-26-2015, 11:51 AM
The Boardgame Geek E-Store will get a new shipment soon. Keep your eyes open there. They are $2.50 each there. Don't pay auction prices!

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/search?page=1&q=cryptozoic

This is a link to a search for "Cryptozoic." You will want to do your own Cryptozoic search each week to update it.

gerrymul
01-26-2015, 12:30 PM
Will you be shipping Gotham Docks?

Matt_Hyra
01-26-2015, 10:25 PM
Will you be shipping Gotham Docks?

Not until the spring, after people have had a chance to get it in the league.
A store can get it FOR FREE from Alliance right now. Just ask your local store to call their Alliance rep.

gerrymul
01-27-2015, 10:50 AM
Thanks Matt. Unfortunately our local store in British Columbia cannot order through Alliance apparently. He tried to order the league stuff through his rep to no luck. A real shame as his sales on DC are huge.

BatgirlNo.6
02-25-2015, 12:29 PM
I've been checking the Board Game Geek store intermittently, hoping to find the Felix Faust promo. Did I miss the shipment?

Matt_Hyra
02-25-2015, 01:07 PM
I've been checking the Board Game Geek store intermittently, hoping to find the Felix Faust promo. Did I miss the shipment?

No, it is on the way. Perhaps up as soon as next week. Not sure how long it will take BGG to get online once they receive.

Elementalist15
02-27-2015, 12:54 AM
That's cool, thanks Matt. Any chance you could tell use which promo's you sent over? Really wanna buy Martain Manhunter and Starfire Heroes. By the time I was introduced to this awesome game it was too late for me to get them easily.

Matt_Hyra
02-27-2015, 03:25 PM
Martian Manhunter
Starfire
Felix Faust
... will be there.

BatgirlNo.6
03-10-2015, 03:35 PM
The promos are in stock! Just ordered my Felix Faust. ;)

Matt_Hyra
03-10-2015, 03:40 PM
Find them here:

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/collections/promos/dc-comics-dbgd them here:

Elementalist15
03-10-2015, 04:21 PM
I was only able to order Martain Manhunter and Felix Faust. Starfire was already sold out. I missed her cause I was at work. :(

IzzyOtaku
03-10-2015, 04:58 PM
I just looked and was super shocked to see them finally there, I managed to snag the Felix Faust and Martian Manhunter one but sadly the Starfire one was already sold out lol sheesh. Didnt see Bane or the still elusive Gotham City Docks. Hurry while you can. Hope Starfire will become available again at some point.

billyr
03-11-2015, 11:41 AM
Ive checked the board game geek store twice a day since October only to be disappointed twice. The first time it said starfire was in stock but the link went to felix faust instead. This time in the time that I was sleeping starfire was already stocked and sold out. Guess I'll have to look at boardgame geek twice a day for the next five moths as well and hope to snag one or just give up as the novelty is wearing out.

BenJazz
03-11-2015, 01:30 PM
Or you could subscribe to the BoardGameGeek Store Newsletter where they announce the promos when they go live monthly. I went on after the email and all 3 were there.

billyr
03-11-2015, 02:53 PM
Or you could subscribe to the BoardGameGeek Store Newsletter where they announce the promos when they go live monthly. I went on after the email and all 3 were there.

I don't see how that email would help as it was sent to me at 10:50pm last night when I was in bed and I checked bgg this morning when I woke up to find starfire out of stock. I shouldn't even have to spend time checking a site for an item to come in stock that I should have gotten free in the first place. I bought heroes unite from a store and the starfire cards did not come in. when the cards did come in instead of giving them to people that bought the game the store owner put them for sale in a glass case by the cash register.

BenJazz
03-11-2015, 09:42 PM
Sorry to hear about the promo issue with the store. The email got to my inbox at around 2:15 PM (MST) on the 10th so depending on where you are at (or the delay in your email provider) it should not have been to bad. Hopefully Cryptozoic will find a hidden box in the back of the warehouse with more promos and will get another shipment to BBG soon (fingers crossed).

DimeDrl
03-13-2015, 01:38 AM
It's too bad the promos can't be run print-on-demand. Then they'd been in stock exactly when needed.

Also, I had a thought about the Boardgamegeeks listing. It looks like BGG doesn't put a cap on how many copies of a card a person can buy. I was able to add 50 copies of MM to the cart without a warning.

With the going rate for promo cards being at $15 average on ebay, what's keeping store owners from buying cards like Starfire in bulk and then listing them a week after BGG is out of stock at the higher price? They know BGG gets limited stock and has long supply gaps, so it wouldn't be too hard to buy a large portion of that and then wait, list, and still make a profit, if a little less than usual.

Would it be possible of BGG to set a cart limit (maybe 3 copies per card max) on the promos so this isn't a possibility?

BenJazz
03-13-2015, 10:51 AM
You may be able to "add" 50 of each promo to your cart but when you try to go to checkout it will tell you the limit is 5 each.

I don't know if there is anything in place though that would prevent multiple small orders from being made (other than the hassle of putting in the multiple order).

Matt_Hyra
03-23-2015, 12:11 PM
Starfire is back in stock on the BGG E-Store:

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/dc-comics-deck-building-game-starfire-promo

The4gotNdeath
03-29-2015, 10:27 AM
When will we see Bane and Gotham City Docks for purchase?

Matt_Hyra
03-30-2015, 02:30 AM
Bane is already inside the Forever Evil boxes. He is unlikely to ever be sold separately.
Gotham City Docks will be on the BGG E-Store in a few months. Or ask your retailer to contact Alliance and ask for a Crisis League Kit. FOR FREE.

RayLancer
03-31-2015, 09:32 PM
Starfire is back in stock on the BGG E-Store:

http://boardgamegeekstore.com/products/dc-comics-deck-building-game-starfire-promo

I somehow missed this. Just went to go check to order it :/

Matt_Hyra
04-06-2015, 11:58 AM
Starfire is back in stock again on the BGG E-Store:

Beldar
04-19-2015, 03:21 PM
Do you plan to send to BGG E-Store the promo cards of Blanka (Street Fighter)?
Thanks