PDA

View Full Version : New expansions?

vbui0803
01-26-2015, 10:16 AM
Hey Matt,
I really enjoy all DC deck games you guys put out. It is my favorite game and amazing work from you guys. I also like the new rivals game. Is there anyway there will be a new rivals deck building game, but it could be with Superman and Lex Luthor? I would like to see more Superman or Flash themed cards/expansions. Just wondering since we have had a lot of batman and green lantern cards/expansions. I would definitely buy any of those games, but either way I buy all Cryptozoic's DC deck products haha.

Matt_Hyra
01-26-2015, 11:59 AM
Clearly Supes vs Lex is on our radar. Can't promise a timeline, though. Still tracking how the Batman vs Joker is being received.

IzzyOtaku
01-26-2015, 01:07 PM
Clearly Supes vs Lex is on our radar. Can't promise a timeline, though. Still tracking how the Batman vs Joker is being received.

Personally, I want to say that I LOVE the rivals!! Its fun and satisfying. One suggestion I might add is a bit of balancing for future editions, Joker seems to have a bit of an advantage with Villains and Superpowers being his bread and butter. Only the 1st Joker phase excludes the Superpower Kick card. The last 2 include them, meaning Joker kind of has the upper hand later in the game with the last 2 phases just by buying Kicks early in the game.

sivartalappes
01-26-2015, 03:26 PM
My only concern is why the mechanic to attack your opponents outright wasn't included in the regular sets. In my opinion, it's the only thing that would make the other DC games MORE fun than they already are!

GamerGurlAR88
01-26-2015, 05:43 PM
My only concern is why the mechanic to attack your opponents outright wasn't included in the regular sets. In my opinion, it's the only thing that would make the other DC games MORE fun than they already are!

But now you can. Just make house rules.

btw Rivals is my favorite "version" of play

IzzyOtaku
01-26-2015, 08:00 PM

But you can...does your set not have cards that read "Attack" on them? In the set I have, Heroes United, it has cards like Black Lantern Corps that read "Attack: Each foe (meaning the other players) gains a Weakness. If one or more foes does not gain a Weakness, draw a card.. Cards that have Attack on them affect other players.

sivartalappes
01-26-2015, 11:09 PM
What I mean, is to attack the player out right in an attempt to knock them out of the game entirely.

IzzyOtaku
01-27-2015, 04:43 AM
What I mean, is to attack the player out right in an attempt to knock them out of the game entirely.

Oooh, gotcha

LexLuthorJr
01-29-2015, 10:31 PM

Please make a Superman vs. Lex Luthor! That would make me ever so grateful!

N-Finite
01-30-2015, 07:53 AM
This coming from Lex Luthor Jr lol

vbui0803
01-31-2015, 06:05 PM
Please make a Superman vs. Lex Luthor! That would make me ever so grateful!

I would love a rivals version of superman and lex luthor. Hoping for that!

DimeDrl
01-31-2015, 11:31 PM
Batman Beyond/Justice League Beyond maybes? >_>

vbui0803
02-01-2015, 07:59 PM
Batman Beyond/Justice League Beyond maybes? >_>

That would be cool. But I have suggestion for Matt haha. We have a lot of cool batman and now green lantern theme cards. And I've said it before. Please i would love to see more Superman and Flash cards, even Wonder Woman cards. They have a lot of cool cards that have not been featured like supermans metallo, General zod, or freeze breath cards? And flash has reverse flash, mirror master, heatwave, weather wizard, trickster, etc. we have slot of batman stuff and DC does that a lot. But I want to see more of my 2 favorite superheroes. They can be cool cards done from them and wonder woman. I'll keep my hopes up but we still have great cards in the meantime!

DimeDrl
02-02-2015, 04:29 AM
Okay. Definitely gotta second you on the enough Batman. More Flash or Wonder Woman would be nice. Heck, Martian Manhunter could use more focus while we're at it. He's gotta pretty decent following thanks to the Justice League and Justice League Unlimited cartoons. I've always felt he's underutilized.

Dreris
02-02-2015, 06:33 AM
I'll third it!!!!

As awesome as Batman is, he IS NOT the entire DC Universe as licensees typicvally make the mistake of believing.

If you are making Commissioner Gordon Twice and Vicky Vale once it is time to stop the batmadness. Or at least make some of his fun second tier villains and bat heroes.

vbui0803
02-02-2015, 11:25 AM
I'll third it!!!!

As awesome as Batman is, he IS NOT the entire DC Universe as licensees typicvally make the mistake of believing.

If you are making Commissioner Gordon Twice and Vicky Vale once it is time to stop the batmadness. Or at least make some of his fun second tier villains and bat heroes.

I agree. I love Batman, but DC does overdo with him. I hope we can see more other the other style cards.

Also yes Dimdrl is right also. It will be be nice to see themed cards around Flash & Superman forsure. They are great heroes and need more exposure. They have nice tv shows like smallville and CW's flash and man of steel movie, plus there are cool stories to use with them like red son, superman doom, flash's rogues villians or flashpoint. I would love wonder woman too and Martian Manhunter plus Aquaman. They do need more themed cards for other justice league members, and it was from those cartoons that got me started with them.

BenJazz
02-02-2015, 12:55 PM
I agree. I love Batman, but DC does overdo with him. I hope we can see more other the other style cards.

Also yes Dimdrl is right also. It will be be nice to see themed cards around Flash & Superman forsure. They are great heroes and need more exposure. They have nice tv shows like smallville and CW's flash and man of steel movie, plus there are cool stories to use with them like red son, superman doom, flash's rogues villians or flashpoint. I would love wonder woman too and Martian Manhunter plus Aquaman. They do need more themed cards for other justice league members, and it was from those cartoons that got me started with them.

I will second a Red Son Crossover Pack haha

Dreris
02-02-2015, 02:17 PM
that wouLD BE AWESOME!!!!!

(A Red Son Crossover Pack) And lets here it for other mulitiverse crossover packs too like Gotham by Gaslight!!! or Superman: Metropolis!!!!

DimeDrl
02-02-2015, 06:35 PM
Knightfall?

Argh! Nevermind, less Batman. :mad:

All-Star Superman!!

sivartalappes
02-02-2015, 10:54 PM
All-Star Superman would be boss, because then you could have a bunch of the Supermen from various times...

Arrojacast
02-13-2015, 06:08 PM
I for one am a fan of the rivals set, but I am also inpatient. Fortunately, I am also creative (or so I am told) so I have in fact, already played rivals with Superman. What I did was use little paper tokens to represent Superman's power and VP, used the Superman from the basic set as his lv1 form, crisis Superman as lv2 and made up his lv3 (during a confrontation, +1 power for every hero and superpower you play). I then removed all the main deck cards that where purely Joker themed, and picked out Superman or Superman villain related cards from the other sets to replace the removed cards. I had a blast (and so did the brave soul who played with me as Superman). In the end, Superman won, but it was a very close game, with us both on our last form, and an exact power value to defeat me in the final confrontation. Can't wait to see what the next rivals set is, has to be my favorite expansion type so far.