PDA

View Full Version : January VIP Decklists

Shaqattaq
01-27-2015, 11:29 AM
These decks went undefeated through their respective tournaments.

http://www.hextcg.com/january-vip-constructed-decklists/

Lefto
01-27-2015, 11:57 AM
soooooo... two jank bot decks and zero master moss decks. Interesting!
Also 11 decks running AoD. Her price has dropped but she refuses to step out of the spotlight!

hammer
01-27-2015, 12:06 PM
Excellent thanks for getting these lists out so quickly - some really interesting builds to study :D

ManofPeace
01-27-2015, 12:13 PM
I find it unlikely Future played with One Eye Open using that R/S gorefeast deck.
http://grab.by/EbnA

Lefto
01-27-2015, 12:17 PM
I find it unlikely Future played with One Eye Open using that R/S gorefeast deck.
http://grab.by/EbnA

I don't know if it's a bet made by Future to prove a point but at the moment the decklist post seems to have a few problems since a bunch of decks appear to have no Players attached to them ^^

Cirouss
01-27-2015, 12:49 PM
The decklists came really fast :D Happy to see myself twice on the list this time haha :D

ossuary
01-27-2015, 01:10 PM
There are a number of decks that are missing the player name and champion used. In particular, going down the page, deck numbers 5, 9, 22, and 30.

Could this information get added back in? I'm sure the players in question would appreciate their due recognition. :)

Counter
01-27-2015, 01:14 PM
Tournament 1036294912 is me. The blood deck with subtle striker and blood aura in main.

Shaqattaq
01-27-2015, 02:51 PM
For players whose names are missing in the decklists, that is because the deck was deleted after the tournament. Keep your deck around for a few days so we can get those names. Pull your decklist up every so often and marvel at it as you recount your victories and spoils won! ;)

vulture27
01-27-2015, 04:31 PM
The awful mono-ruby list is mine (IGN:Angmar).

It got deleted because its definitely not tier 1; I was just too cheap to buy the Storm Clouds. Champion obviously poca.

fido_one
01-27-2015, 04:51 PM
Happy that I got my first undefeated with Gozzog as a champion - always wanted to go undefeated and always wanted to use him to do it for the first time!

Can't take full credit though, my opponent totally bugged out in the fourth round and my reserves to combat a good gorefeast ruby/sapphire deck has still gone untested.

Warrender
01-27-2015, 05:14 PM
Happy that I got my first undefeated with Gozzog as a champion - always wanted to go undefeated and always wanted to use him to do it for the first time!

Can't take full credit though, my opponent totally bugged out in the fourth round and my reserves to combat a good gorefeast ruby/sapphire deck has still gone untested.

Gozzog is a pretty cool Champion to do that with. Now I want to make a winning Lady Elizabeth deck.

Mr.Funsocks
01-27-2015, 10:37 PM
21 of 37 decks featured Gore Feast... I'm sorry but that's just not healthy... Albeit 2 were Jank Bots, which is more hilarious than anything.

Gwaer
01-28-2015, 12:41 AM
It's plenty healthy for a tcg with two sets. And early in the meta for set two at that. Those aggro decks are low hanging fruit. They're mostly set one cards, and cheap ones at that. If its dominating the meta come the end of February then we can revisit the issue. Though I expect it to stay moderately popular since it's so accessible.

Voormas
01-28-2015, 12:44 AM
I'm Helekar in-game and I would just like to point out that I stole that deck-list from IGN Renquist who went 4-0 with it the day before; thanks guy!

The only card that never came in from the sideboard was Mirror Knight, I expect because I didn't run into any Extinctions, but Frost Wizard came in nearly every game (good against Boss Moss + Inquisitor + Mirror Knight + etc)

My Gorefeast match-ups mostly consisted of Buccaneering / Time Rippling their early game drops + countering their real threats while waiting for the Soul Cavalry or an Angel of Dawn to arrive

meetthefuture
01-28-2015, 01:21 AM
I wanted to make a hillarious list to show it in undefeated, but this time only the champion have changed :( soo sad

hammer
01-28-2015, 02:13 AM
For players whose names are missing in the decklists, that is because the deck was deleted after the tournament. Keep your deck around for a few days so we can get those names. Pull your decklist up every so often and marvel at it as you recount your victories and spoils won! ;)

Wait - could you go 4-0 with a deck. Then troll everyone by loading the deck and switching out some cards and resaving it so that the deck still exists but has been altered. So that when you harvest the decklists the troll version is displayed to the world? - seems unlikely it works like this but your post had me thinking you were pulling the decklists based on a deckID at a later time point.

meetthefuture
01-28-2015, 02:45 AM
Wait - could you go 4-0 with a deck. Then troll everyone by loading the deck and switching out some cards and resaving it so that the deck still exists but has been altered. So that when you harvest the decklists the troll version is displayed to the world? - seems unlikely it works like this but your post had me thinking you were pulling the decklists based on a deckID at a later time point.
See my post above. It would work in previous VIPs, but not know (and I only tried it now, sadly)

In september VIP, I went 4-0, then changed the deck and went 4-0 again. In undefeated lists, my 2nd version was shown twice

strawwmann
01-28-2015, 03:19 AM
Thanks, great to see all the 4-0 deck lists posted so quickly.

Would it be possible (now and/or in future) to also include a summary of the number/percentage of times each colour combination was played and the number/percentage of 0,1,2,3,4 wins for each of those?

The number of R/S decks (gore knights) deck running 4-0 is not much of surprise, but it would be nice to get an idea how much of this is because it is played by the most people, and to what extent any of the other colour combinations are catching up?
I (& I guess many others) would be REALLY keen to see what is happening in the relative performance of non-R/S decks.

Given all the recent negative comments about Gore-Knights in the current meta, it's nice seeing some other decks doing well (new to me at least). I liked Cirous's double win with R/D and the Dimmid/Droo's Colosus combo :).

DoctorJoe
01-28-2015, 05:47 AM
I was also intrigued by Cirouss's list and am going to see about trying it out in the coming weeks. Either we're missing something as a community, or Wild is pretty underpowered. Only 3 decks ran Wild Shards.

malloc31
01-28-2015, 08:42 AM
One thing of note. 7 Mono Shard decks, 29 Dual shard decks, 0 Tri-Shard decks. And a lot of those, 17/29, dual shard decks were Sapphire/Ruby. So the comments that set 2 would make tri shard decks playable seem to be untrue. There still is way too much of an advantage to not using dual shards since they can't be used the turn they enter play. They need to make a dual shard that can be used the turn you play it (maybe something like when this enters play take one damage and choose either a ruby or sapphire shard in your deck and put it in play. Or this is going to get boring.

Yoss
01-28-2015, 01:48 PM
I'm glad they're being careful with dual-shards. There's lots of time for the power to creep up, but it's impossible (without bannings) to ever bring power level back down (for "vintage"). Maybe Set 3 or 4 will give us 1/1 dual shards that come with no charge boost, or shock you for 2 HP, or whatever.

malloc31
01-28-2015, 01:59 PM
Ya I agree they need to be careful, and either lose 2 life or a life and a no charge or things along that way may be right. But I hope they come set 3, I'd love to be able to play competitive 3 color decks, it just opens up so many possibilities deck building.

Gwaer
01-28-2015, 10:45 PM
I'm not convinced we won't see a competitive 3 shard decks this set. But we'll see.

meetthefuture
01-29-2015, 11:10 AM
I'm not convinced we won't see a competitive 3 shard decks this set. But we'll see.

I'm damn sure we will

Gwaer
01-29-2015, 12:36 PM
I'm damn sure we will

((Me too)) ;)

Saeijou
01-29-2015, 03:24 PM
Then bring it on guys! ;)

poizonous
01-29-2015, 10:03 PM
I was also intrigued by Cirouss's list and am going to see about trying it out in the coming weeks. Either we're missing something as a community, or Wild is pretty underpowered. Only 3 decks ran Wild Shards.

All the decks running wild were focusing on the boring azurefate/ Master Moss combo... Which I stated during the Diamond Cup... That deck will ONLY be good in set 2 only based tournaments. Wild has a big say in the upcoming meta, but too many people were focused on that combo instead of playing the real wild contender deck *Spoilers withheld *

YourOpponent
01-30-2015, 01:12 PM
I was surprised that I only saw one Darkspire deck and it didn't even have CMK. Also could we find out the numbers of how many of the AA's were introduced? I just about have my play set of them already by the time the tournies were done :)

Ertzi
01-31-2015, 02:38 AM
I was surprised that I only saw one Darkspire deck

This. When I was playing against my friend who has way less cards and TCG experience than I have, his Darkspire deck was the only one that wrecked even my better decks constantly. I was even contemplating building a Darkspire deck for the VIP Constructed because of that, and even tested it out a bit, but decided to go in another (non-Gorefeast) direction. Totally expected to see more Darkspire decks in the 4-0 group though. Insane deck when it all comes together in my opinion.

Mahes
01-31-2015, 06:45 AM
I'm Helekar in-game and I would just like to point out that I stole that deck-list from IGN Renquist who went 4-0 with it the day before; thanks guy!

The only card that never came in from the sideboard was Mirror Knight, I expect because I didn't run into any Extinctions, but Frost Wizard came in nearly every game (good against Boss Moss + Inquisitor + Mirror Knight + etc)

My Gorefeast match-ups mostly consisted of Buccaneering / Time Rippling their early game drops + countering their real threats while waiting for the Soul Cavalry or an Angel of Dawn to arrive

Frost Wizard is very good against a lot of the power decks. I can see it easily as part of the side board and likely a two of in the main if I had the space.

Cotton
02-02-2015, 07:53 AM
Very unhealthy meta. Either play Gorefeast or BloodX control.
I'm thinking Gorefeast should be considered for banning.

meetthefuture
02-02-2015, 07:55 AM
Very unhealthy meta. Either play Gorefeast or BloodX control.
I'm thinking Gorefeast should be considered for banning.
And then people will come back to saying VK and Angel are op and need to be banned.

Cotton
02-02-2015, 10:04 AM
VK and AoD are troops that can easily be dealt with. Players who call for banning of those troops don't really know what they are talking about.

Falaris
02-04-2015, 05:30 AM
VK and AoD are troops that can easily be dealt with. Players who call for banning of those troops don't really know what they are talking about.

Gorefeast is a card that can be easily dealt with. People who call for banning of that card don't really know what they're talking about.