PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Arena Test Server

Shaqattaq
01-30-2015, 03:41 PM
Greetings, HEXers! It’s Friday, which means we take the news and progress we’ve made over the week and distill it all into your weekly HEX update! This week, we’re announcing the release of the Arena Test Server. Arena hype!

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-arena-test-server/

Lefto
01-30-2015, 03:43 PM
Hyyyypppeeeeeeee!!!

Edswor
01-30-2015, 03:47 PM
Hyyyypppeeeeeeee!!!

And something more!!!!

plaguedealer
01-30-2015, 03:50 PM
Awesome simply awesome

Zophie
01-30-2015, 03:51 PM
http://i.imgur.com/hdP5X7j.gif

Khendral
01-30-2015, 03:55 PM
May we have that AA Mirror Knight as a wallpaper, pretty please?

Saeijou
01-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Someone was stuck in january it seems:
Prizes will be distributed to your live accounts at 5 PM Pacific on Friday, February 9th

Kroan
01-30-2015, 03:57 PM
Prizes will be distributed to your live accounts at 5 PM Pacific on Friday, February 9th. If you’re new to tournaments, you can learn about each format on our tournaments page.

Don't you mean "Monday, February 9th" ?

OP_Kyle
01-30-2015, 03:58 PM
Don't you mean "Monday, February 9th" ?

Being fixed now. It is Monday, Feb 9th.

magic_gazz
01-30-2015, 04:05 PM
Wow, that collecter tier

nicosharp
01-30-2015, 04:08 PM
AA Mirror Knight... I'm rich!

Rycajo
01-30-2015, 04:10 PM
Sweet news. Hopefully I have some time to enjoy testing the PvE content - and hopefully the full Frost Ring is available not too long after.

mudkip
01-30-2015, 04:11 PM
Hyyyypppeeeeeeee!!!

SO MUCH

As a request, please, please, PLEASE remember to record Cory's stream! That's 7am Sydney time, I will miss the live one unfortunately.

knightofeffect
01-30-2015, 04:12 PM
As long as the test server doesn't crash and burn the whole weekend... it will be a glorious thing to behold =D

Antfunk
01-30-2015, 04:13 PM
Just wondering if any orange named people can provide any info on what will be available on the test server. For example just select opponents or the full line up etc, etc?

Antfunk
01-30-2015, 04:13 PM
SO MUCH

As a request, please, please, PLEASE remember to record Cory's stream! That's 7am Sydney time, I will miss the live one unfortunately.

This please!

Shaqattaq
01-30-2015, 04:24 PM
Just wondering if any orange named people can provide any info on what will be available on the test server. For example just select opponents or the full line up etc, etc?

I expect the full line-up, though cards are subject to change and the AI will definitely get upgraded for nearly all of them before release.

Gregzilla
01-30-2015, 04:30 PM
Will we be able to open our own chests, and keep what we get from them? Or just keep the stuff we get as prizes from the Sealed tourney?

N3rd4Christ
01-30-2015, 04:31 PM
Wow MK.... What an AA lol

fido_one
01-30-2015, 04:33 PM
Will we be able to open our own chests, and keep what we get from them? Or just keep the stuff we get as prizes from the Sealed tourney?

This: and, what happens when we open existing packs that were copied to the test server? Do the spoils flop over to production or should we go crazy and open everything knowing it will disappear?

Kami
May want to bold: "...and log in at least once this weekend to be included in arena testing"

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to miss that.

Vorsa
HYYPPPPPPEEEEEEEE! (Never gets old.)

A stonking announcement to be sure, and more lovely spoilers.
Those AA's... I have contracted my first case of AA envy. :o

L1ght
01-30-2015, 04:34 PM
CZE_Ty those Collector AA artworks are both so amazing!! Very high quality, especially like the Chaos Key actually opening up a door into the void - looks just awesome! And the Cerulean Mirror Knight is so polished - heh get it?

Plus they are both 1000% playable! OMG I can use them in so many decks!! You guys have really nailed it, just thought I'd say a huge thank you for taking on board some of the community feedback. Would love to see a high-res version!

schild
01-30-2015, 04:36 PM
When this launches, will we be able to play an anything goes format in the proving grounds?

Elder Othuyeg Highlander, what have you.

Mejis
01-30-2015, 04:36 PM
Absolutely amazing update and previews, thank you!!!

But please please pleaaaaasse is there any chance of extending the testing until Sunday? I am away at a conference from Wednesday>Sunday (eastern Australia time) so this is the worst timing ever for me to be away ;)
Obviously I don't expect you to leave the gates open for a lone straggler, but if there is any flexibility in that end date then I would love you guys even more ;)

If not, no worries, I will content myself with streams and youtube videos that anyone posts of their Arena fun!

Shaqattaq
01-30-2015, 04:37 PM

Nothing from the test servers goes into your live account. There is a chance to win prizes in the Sealed tournament outlined in the announcement, but you wouldn't take any of the cards opened back to your account.

L1ght
01-30-2015, 04:37 PM
This: and, what happens when we open existing packs that were copied to the test server? Do the spoils flop over to production or should we go crazy and open everything knowing it will disappear?

I would expect nothing you do on the test server would have any effect on LIVE other than participating & placing in the Free Tournament.

Gwaer
01-30-2015, 04:41 PM
May want to bold: "...and log in at least once this weekend to be included in arena testing"

I have a feeling a lot of people are going to miss that.

I think that's only relevant to people who don't have accounts already.

Mejis
01-30-2015, 04:45 PM
I think that's only relevant to people who don't have accounts already.

Yeah, pretty sure that's correct.

LordGorchnik
01-30-2015, 04:48 PM
May we have that AA Mirror Knight as a wallpaper, pretty please?

Ditto. PLEASE!

schild
01-30-2015, 04:50 PM
Soooooooooo, by 2014/2015 cycle you mean 2014 cycle and we're still getting 6 more AA cards in 2015, right?

nicosharp
01-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Soooooooooo, by 2014/2015 cycle you mean 2014 cycle and we're still getting 6 more AA cards in 2015, right?
If you go by the games set 1 beta release date - we will have another 6 by April, 2016.

Pezzle

Add me to the list of those wondering about 'Cycle'. Super happy with the choices and glad to see arena moving forward, just wondering how this announcement works with the 6 cards per year of Collector? Any chance on some clarity?

schild
If you go by the games set 1 beta release date - we will have another 6 by April, 2016.

As long as we get a hard calendar, I don't care.

Shaqattaq
01-30-2015, 05:04 PM
Typically, we would have 3 sets in 365 days. We looked at the date that players received their Set 1 promo cards and wanted to provide those 6 Collector's promo cards within year. If we had waited until PVP Set 3, it probably would've been longer than one calendar year so we wanted to get you your 5th and 6th cards before Set 3. Set 3 will provide cards 1 and 2 for that year cycle.

Xavon
01-30-2015, 05:07 PM
Does this mean we are going to get our KickStarter PvE cards, and all the equipment?

schild
01-30-2015, 05:10 PM
Typically, we would have 3 sets in 365 days. We looked at the date that players received their Set 1 promo cards and wanted to provide those 6 Collector's promo cards within year. If we had waited until PVP Set 3, it probably would've been longer than one calendar year so we wanted to get you your 5th and 6th cards before Set 3. Set 3 will provide cards 1 and 2 for that year cycle.

This is the kind of data I'm looking for. So, are AA cards going to be tied to sets in the future? Or are they going to go on roughly the same yearly cycle independent of sets?

Glae
01-30-2015, 05:13 PM
So happy. Test server is finally becoming a thing, and the collector tier cards are good.

Awesome payouts on a free tournament is pretty awesome too.

Let's all keep in mind that while Arena testing may be fun, we should all do our due diligence and find/report all the bugs. All of them.

Aradon
01-30-2015, 05:15 PM
That's great to hear, Shaq. It sounds like CZE considers the year cycle to be from the initial promos handed out, rather than calendar year. Nice to have that cleared up :D

On topic: looking forward to the Arena Alpha, and amazing choice for collector promos. Can't wait to get my hands on some mirror knights, finally.

Mejis
01-30-2015, 05:24 PM
Quick question about the AI... will the test Arena use the same AI we currently have, or is it an upgrade? The update says it isn't the final AI yet, so just curious.

Rehab
01-30-2015, 05:59 PM
Im very happy that the test server is being put up, but i fully expect that everyone hopping on to play the AI will bring it down or make it very laggy. If that doesnt do it the free tourny will. I hope i am wrong but everyone should go into this remembering the *test* part of test server.

Shaqattaq
01-30-2015, 06:04 PM
This is the kind of data I'm looking for. So, are AA cards going to be tied to sets in the future? Or are they going to go on roughly the same yearly cycle independent of sets?

A player would never receive fewer than 6 alternate art cards in a 365-day cycle (which generally should line up with set releases). The structure of sets within that cycle could change and we'd adjust, but that general rule will always be true.

schild
01-30-2015, 06:07 PM
Cool, thanks Shaq.

Mahes
01-30-2015, 06:21 PM
AA Mirror Knight...

That would almost be the equivalent to an AA Lotus if this were magic in regards to power from a first set. If I were a collector I am not so sure I would want to even sell an extra. This is the one card that could really climb in value a few years from now. If this game really hits big in the same numbers as magic has, that card could sell for 100's later.

katkillad
01-30-2015, 06:26 PM
Is there a date for the new collector AA's?

Shaqattaq
01-30-2015, 06:28 PM

They will come with the Arena live patch.

katkillad
01-30-2015, 07:07 PM

Thank you for taking the time to answer! I think the last ones showed up randomly on a weekend or something was why I asked... Need to prepare to get dem AA's.

mudkip
01-30-2015, 07:46 PM
Nothing from the test servers goes into your live account. There is a chance to win prizes in the Sealed tournament outlined in the announcement, but you wouldn't take any of the cards opened back to your account.

So, is chest opening on the test server?

WolfCrypt
01-30-2015, 08:13 PM
I can't wait to play! Finally my nercotic bunny army will be able to get some butt kicking dished out.

chromus
01-30-2015, 08:28 PM
I think the 'launch' of the Test Server is just as significant, if not more, than the Arena itself. This will ensure all future releases have less bugs, not only improving player experience but also allowing everyone's collections to maintain their values (each time someone gets reimbursed for a bug and gets cards he/she didn't pay for, the values of those cards go down).

Great progress Hex. Ent. Can't wait to stress test the crap out of The Arena. :D

kaiizza
01-30-2015, 08:29 PM
Thank you for taking the time to answer! I think the last ones showed up randomly on a weekend or something was why I asked... Need to prepare to get dem AA's.

The last 2 showed up with the release of set 2. The first 2 showed up with a major patch release as well.

Yoss
01-30-2015, 09:43 PM
:) :D SQUEEEEEEEE! :D :) *faints*

... and dat CMK art.... *re-faints*

Roy_G
01-30-2015, 09:58 PM
Going to test a lot,or until the blue wheel will deem me unworthy for further testing.

My arena deck is going to be 56 ruby shards and 4 aa yetis.I want to beat it fast.

Xenavire
01-31-2015, 06:34 AM
I think the 'launch' of the Test Server is just as significant, if not more, than the Arena itself. This will ensure all future releases have less bugs, not only improving player experience but also allowing everyone's collections to maintain their values (each time someone gets reimbursed for a bug and gets cards he/she didn't pay for, the values of those cards go down).

Great progress Hex. Ent. Can't wait to stress test the crap out of The Arena. :D

I am seeing this as more of a trial run, mixed with hype/reward for being patient.

If it goes badly, then I can see future ones being much more low-key, and probably invite only.

GhundiPI
01-31-2015, 07:35 AM
So in light of the recent account policy reminder/clarification and the upcoming free sealed tournament with prizes, how much at risk of triggering a false positive are my partner and I when we both join that tournament? Though hopefully the situation can be avoided if there is enough interest and multiple instances of the tournament will be needed.

RCDv57
01-31-2015, 08:38 AM
I am so happy right now.

MatWith1T
01-31-2015, 10:03 AM
Will the test server client have an in game bug report functionality, or through the forums? If forums, a separate forum to differentiate between Test and Live bugs might be worthwhile.

Selanius
01-31-2015, 10:05 AM
Great news!

WolfCrypt
01-31-2015, 10:07 AM
I hope everything works

Xavon
01-31-2015, 10:33 AM
Does this mean we are going to get our KickStarter PvE cards, and all the equipment?

Sorry to self bump, but I have not been able to find the answer to this. And I really want my Raptor Sword (The Calling Blade, but I like Raptor Sword better).

DrakarT
01-31-2015, 11:41 AM
And... What about... Daily PvE spoilers? :D

Korix
01-31-2015, 12:43 PM
Oh, look, PvE. It's only 70+ weeks late.

It at least better be more than 'OK, no form or actual MMO structure at all (just more braind-dead AI that you could go against day 1), but you get equipment (re: fancy sockets) now!'

CrystalShard
01-31-2015, 01:33 PM
Korix, we all know that PvE came later than expected. There's no need to be smugly condescending / bitingly sarcastic / whatever.

The fact that you still post here shows you care. So kick back, relax ... and wait for the show to start.

I have a feeling it will be worth the wait, and that HEX will shape up to be a unique gem.

RCDv57
01-31-2015, 01:51 PM

It at least better be more than 'OK, no form or actual MMO structure at all (just more braind-dead AI that you could go against day 1), but you get equipment (re: fancy sockets) now!'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7d1pzhohUIk

Cory_Jones
01-31-2015, 01:53 PM

Korix between this post and your forum signature it's pretty clear you are upset, and as a Kickstarter backer that makes me super sad, as I have said many times I really do owe the Kickstarter backers so very much.

Please contact me through the privates mssg system On the forum and I will personally buy back your Kickstarter tier, I really do want you to be happy but I'm stuck, I cannot make the game development move any faster, so all I can do apologize deeply and give you the Kickstarter money back so you focus on a different game

RCDv57
01-31-2015, 02:03 PM
Korix between this post and your forum signature it's pretty clear you are upset, and as a Kickstarter backer that makes me super sad, as I have said many times I really do owe the Kickstarter backers so very much.

Please contact me through the privates mssg system On the forum and I will personally buy back your Kickstarter tier, I really do want you to be happy but I'm stuck, I cannot make the game development move any faster, so all I can do apologize deeply and give you the Kickstarter money back so you focus on a different game

Now I feel bad for making the Joke.

Falaris
01-31-2015, 03:05 PM

If you decide you're not interested in taking Cory up on it and it's an unredeemed code I'd gladly buy it as well. IIRC the only thing that a player can buy that is 'legal' are unredeemed codes, correct?

Xavon
01-31-2015, 03:28 PM
If you decide you're not interested in taking Cory up on it and it's an unredeemed code I'd gladly buy it as well. IIRC the only thing that a player can buy that is 'legal' are unredeemed codes, correct?

Early on that was not allowed; but it may have changed.

Either way, a KickStarter is not a guarantee, it is somewhere between an investment and a donation. And frankly, this Hex is going much better than some of the things I have KickStarted (at least one of which was total failure and the person behind it has stopped responding). That Cory would make the offer is above and beyond.

And frankly, I would step in to buy it rather than have Cory do it, except it won't stack with what I already have. I may love Hex, but I'm not made of money...

Falaris
01-31-2015, 03:32 PM
I have a Grand King tier and a Dungeon Crawler tier, and I'd still buy that code to both remove an unsatisfied customer from the pool (who would hopefully at least not be as upset as previously) and because its relatively decent value

Zophie
01-31-2015, 04:33 PM
I'd gladly upgrade from my King tier to help out, the gesture certainly is pretty great on Hex Ent tho. Seems silly to get worked up about the delay when the wait is finally starting to pay off.

Yoss
01-31-2015, 08:54 PM
Sorry to self bump, but I have not been able to find the answer to this. And I really want my Raptor Sword (The Calling Blade, but I like Raptor Sword better).
The last answer we had was that KS stuff will not hold up release but will be in as soon as it's ready. The intent is that Dungeon Crawler will work on Arena, and we'll get the cards and equipment from all relevant tiers. I think the mercs (and the rest of the PvE hero system) will not be ready yet.

nickon
02-01-2015, 05:40 AM
2nd, please record the stream Cory! :)

Mike411
02-01-2015, 01:32 PM
all I can do apologize deeply and give you the Kickstarter money back so you focus on a different game

I want my induction coil money back, it's not a hot rare at all!!!!!11one

happy_meal
02-02-2015, 04:00 AM
I and my 150 new Hex playing friends that is using the same computer is wondering how many fake account that will be joining the tournament to win that 1 pack for 0 wins.
:)

Vorpal
02-02-2015, 08:57 AM
So hyped for arena!

Those AA cards look AMAZING. So good! Fine work by the artists. I also appreciate that you guys do playable cards instead of something like Tectonic Break. Now I am really wishing I had chosen Collector Tier.

Gear - can we open our chests or is the gear we can equip from arena rewards?

Xenavire
02-02-2015, 09:03 AM
I and my 150 new Hex playing friends that is using the same computer is wondering how many fake account that will be joining the tournament to win that 1 pack for 0 wins.

Fake accounts risk getting the main account banned. Just keep that in mind, joke or not, because it would be a shame, you know? Someone might take this seriously. :p

So hyped for arena!

Those AA cards look AMAZING. So good! Fine work by the artists. I also appreciate that you guys do playable cards instead of something like Tectonic Break. Now I am really wishing I had chosen Collector Tier.

Gear - can we open our chests or is the gear we can equip from arena rewards?

On chests, I am thinking they might hold that back so we can't try to figure out the drop rates before launch day. Just a wild guess, but since they have carefully not confirmed them being there or not, I suspect this will be the case.

Mahes
02-02-2015, 10:25 AM
Fake accounts risk getting the main account banned. Just keep that in mind, joke or not, because it would be a shame, you know? Someone might take this seriously. :p

On chests, I am thinking they might hold that back so we can't try to figure out the drop rates before launch day. Just a wild guess, but since they have carefully not confirmed them being there or not, I suspect this will be the case.

That would make sense. There is not honestly that must to test with chests. It is the same programming that packs have with different content and ratio. It would be better to just bring them out when it goes live.

Aradon
02-02-2015, 11:26 AM
I assumed chests would be openable. Maybe that was a bit of a leap on my part, but I figured if we were testing equipment, we'd be getting them from somewhere besides just the arena.

poizonous
02-02-2015, 11:34 AM
And where does 1 download this said Test server?

Salverus
02-02-2015, 12:58 PM
so I get 1 pack for downloading the game and forfeiting a few matches
ok cool

Shaqattaq
02-02-2015, 01:50 PM

I look forward to reading that daily report on Monday and identifying all those accounts. :)

EccentricFan
02-02-2015, 02:18 PM
Really hope you get it stable quickly for Thursday so I can at least try it out. I picked the wrong Friday to take off and travel. ><

And while I'll never hope for delays, let's just say that if this event got pushed back a single week, I wouldn't exactly be crushed.

Miwa
02-02-2015, 06:07 PM
I predicted this date a while ago, because I fly out Wednesday night to Malaysia for 2 weeks. :P

MatWith1T
02-02-2015, 07:01 PM
Is the test client going to be available for download early (ie Tuesday) so the system isn't trampled by everyone downloading at once during Cory's stream?

poizonous
02-02-2015, 07:38 PM
Is the test client going to be available for download early (ie Tuesday) so the system isn't trampled by everyone downloading at once during Cory's stream?

lol thats funny, I was just coming to ask the same question

mudkip
02-02-2015, 07:51 PM

That would make sense. I remember the drama from the alpha client, i.e. they tried staggering based on Kickstarter tiers, but the direct download link was leaked pretty quickly so everyone jumped on. I was one that jumped on early - why should I care about the others if it means I don't have to wait when I got access?

A smarter option would be to release it via torrent if the systems can't handle it. Even the blizzard downloader has a torrent system built in.

Xenavire
02-03-2015, 03:46 AM
That would make sense. I remember the drama from the alpha client, i.e. they tried staggering based on Kickstarter tiers, but the direct download link was leaked pretty quickly so everyone jumped on. I was one that jumped on early - why should I care about the others if it means I don't have to wait when I got access?

A smarter option would be to release it via torrent if the systems can't handle it. Even the blizzard downloader has a torrent system built in.

Frankly, selfish people like you ruin it for others. I waited, because having the client did me no good until I got the invite, and I know the kind of negative impact that multiple extra downloads can cause to those who legitimately were allowed to download it.

Granted, this is all in the past now, but I remember when it got leaked. And I remembered all the high tier players complaining about those slow download speeds. We all knew what caused it, yet people still kept downloading it. And that comes down to some form of selfish entitlement that people seem to have these days.

As for the arena test server? I don't think it will be that large of an issue anymore. The CDN managed things just fine when we got a brand new client, and again when we got set 2. I expect some people may experience slower downloads, but not to the extremes that the alpha leak caused.

Roy_G
02-03-2015, 07:47 AM

What happend is that everyone dowloaded at 2 kb/sec and it got delayed for everyone including early downloaders.Even if the had it downloaded they still couldn't play.It ruined for everyone.

happy_meal
02-03-2015, 12:03 PM
I look forward to reading that daily report on Monday and identifying all those accounts. :)

Now I will surely feel that I am letting you down if they do not join, knowing that is this is what you looking toward to.
The pressure to getting them all to join before tournament :)

(

Shaqattaq
02-03-2015, 01:08 PM
We've taken steps with both the client and the CDN to reduce the likelihood of bottlenecks in the pipeline. It should be a lot better this time around.

redman2112
02-03-2015, 02:24 PM
Have we gotten any kind of confirmation on PVE cards that we will be able to test with? Or if we will be able to open our chests (please please please)?

noragar
02-03-2015, 02:38 PM
Even if chest opening is available, we won't be able to open OUR chests. We'd be able to open virtual bizzaro world chests that exist in a one-to-one ratio to the chests we own in the real world.

So say you open that primal chest and get that ultra rare AA Vampire King being incinerated by Jadiim sleeve that only drops once out of every 10,000 primal chests, I'd imagine you'd be pretty disappointed that you can't take it back to your real account.

For this reason, I doubt that we'll be able to open chests.

Miwa
02-03-2015, 03:29 PM
So, does anyone know how they assign pack and chest contents? Are packs contents are assigned at purchase, because they follow print-run-like rules? If so, I hope everything is randomized when they copied stuff over, because if I open all my set 2 packs and they suck, on to the auction house they go. :P I guess they can still assign pack contents at opening and follow print runs, but that doesn't help make things print-run like if you buy 200 packs at once, and open them slowly for a year...

(Chests would be similar, but they can roll those on opening, since they don't have to maintain print runs)

Scammanator
02-03-2015, 04:03 PM
So, does anyone know how they assign pack and chest contents? Are packs contents are assigned at purchase, because they follow print-run-like rules? If so, I hope everything is randomized when they copied stuff over, because if I open all my set 2 packs and they suck, on to the auction house they go. :P I guess they can still assign pack contents at opening and follow print runs, but that doesn't help make things print-run like if you buy 200 packs at once, and open them slowly for a year...

(Chests would be similar, but they can roll those on opening, since they don't have to maintain print runs)

Pack contents are determined when they are opened. I would assume the same for chests, especially since chest loot tables weren't solidified at the time we were first able to obtain them and since chest rarity can change through the wheels of fate.

Simulated print runs aren't used to make sure there's an even distribution across several packs purchased/bought at once. They're there to to help create a more stable Limited tournament experience. Opening or buying a bunch of packs at once won't change the odds of contents versus doing the same one at a time.
(I know we got some information way back that said otherwise. More recent information directly contradicts this. I'll try to find a link later.)

kaiizza
02-03-2015, 04:41 PM

Print runs would not really matter anyway as they only are done for the commons. The uncommon cards and up would be random anyway so it should not be a concern, however I agree with Scammanator that they are populated at pack opening and not at the point of sell.

mudkip
02-03-2015, 05:23 PM
Even if chest opening is available, we won't be able to open OUR chests. We'd be able to open virtual bizzaro world chests that exist in a one-to-one ratio to the chests we own in the real world.

So say you open that primal chest and get that ultra rare AA Vampire King being incinerated by Jadiim sleeve that only drops once out of every 10,000 primal chests, I'd imagine you'd be pretty disappointed that you can't take it back to your real account.

For this reason, I doubt that we'll be able to open chests.

I disagree, I think people understand it's a test server.

I would like it, because then it will give people a chance to calculate drop rates etc. since some people may be hording their chests on the live servers, but on the test server you can just open them all.

Xenavire
02-03-2015, 06:07 PM
I disagree, I think people understand it's a test server.

I would like it, because then it will give people a chance to calculate drop rates etc. since some people may be hording their chests on the live servers, but on the test server you can just open them all.

This is why I suspect they may not include chest opening in the test client.

Yoss
02-04-2015, 12:05 AM

As if they care that we crowd source data? Anything that has more players playing and having fun is good business.

Xenavire
02-04-2015, 06:15 AM
As if they care that we crowd source data? Anything that has more players playing and having fun is good business.

I can't think of a solid reason why not. It's more of a hunch. (There is always a chance of them changing the tables around before launch, or some other reason. I could be completely wrong.)

Caledor
02-05-2015, 06:57 AM
Hi !
Do you guys get your AAs ? Because I don't :/

ManofPeace
02-05-2015, 07:03 AM
Announcing the AAs in an article does not mean you're getting them at that time.

Xenavire
02-05-2015, 07:04 AM
Hi !
Do you guys get your AAs ? Because I don't :/

The collector AA's will only go out when Arena launches live, or so we have been told. Thats not this weekend, but a few weeks off.

Caledor
02-05-2015, 07:17 AM
Ok thank you Xenavire ! I can't wait :)

noragar
02-05-2015, 08:29 AM
'because then it will give people a chance to calculate drop rates etc.'

Now that the cat is out of the bag for a small subset of people, I think they should either allow chest opening for everyone, or make the drop rates public information for everyone.

If I'm not mistaken, there's at least one streamer who belongs to a playtest group that's known to be heavily into Auction House speculation, or even attempts at manipulation. I'm sure they've already calculated at least the relative value of each type of chest in relation to each other, if not the exact platinum value of each chest.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with Auction House speculation/manipulation, but there's an issue if small groups have access to inside information that's not available to others.

Xenavire
02-05-2015, 09:20 AM
Now that the cat is out of the bag for a small subset of people, I think they should either allow chest opening for everyone, or make the drop rates public information for everyone.

If I'm not mistaken, there's at least one streamer who belongs to a playtest group that's known to be heavily into Auction House speculation, or even attempts at manipulation. I'm sure they've already calculated at least the relative value of each type of chest in relation to each other, if not the exact platinum value of each chest.

I'm not saying that there's anything wrong with Auction House speculation/manipulation, but there's an issue if small groups have access to inside information that's not available to others.

I think you need a tinfoil hat. As it is, if they are in, they are in, if not, they are not. Any sort of request either way will be ignored.

Salverus
02-05-2015, 12:17 PM
the tournament we can join to get a free pack, is it that only that one single tournament? Or can we join any tournament on that day?
because as far as i can see its at 3 AM for entire europe....

Xenavire
02-05-2015, 12:31 PM
the tournament we can join to get a free pack, is it that only that one single tournament? Or can we join any tournament on that day?
because as far as i can see its at 3 AM for entire europe....

12 pm PST is 8PM for GMT. That means that most of EU should be able to play without much issue.

Salverus
02-05-2015, 12:40 PM
oh sorry you are right. I thought PST was 9 hours ahead on europe, but europe is 9 hours ahead on PST.
so its 12+9 instead of 12-9. 21:00 is good time for europe ;)

Otterbee
02-07-2015, 06:27 AM
oh sorry you are right. I thought PST was 9 hours ahead on europe, but europe is 9 hours ahead on PST.
so its 12+9 instead of 12-9. 21:00 is good time for europe ;)

Now, the HEX page shows that the tournament date and time in strikethrough font. Where can I get information on what this really means.

http://hextcg.com/hex-update-arena-test-server/

I think it means that they aren't doing the tournament today now. But, if that's the case, (a) why not, and (b) when is it supposed to be held then?

Thanks.

EDIT: Never mind, I just saw the linky via Twitter with more information.

https://hextcg.com/free-tournament-rescheduled/?=TW

That kinda sucks...I rearranged my schedule today just so I could participate in this tournament.

Follow up question: Does this mean they are going to extend the test server beyond today then??

Yoss
02-07-2015, 02:23 PM
You know as much as we do on that front.