PDA

View Full Version : What Rivals Expansions Do You Think We'll See?

IzzyOtaku
02-01-2015, 09:50 AM
So its pretty safe to say that Rivals was an awesome success and we'll see more of it. Its probably a good chance that the next Rivals will be Superman vs Lex Luthor. But beyond that what expansions do you think we'll see next? Obviously most likely all the core league members will get their shot, but who do you think the villain they would go up against would be. For me its:

Wonder Woman vs Cheetah, Giganta or Ares (Preferred)
Flash vs Zoom, or Mirror Master (Preferred because awesome possibly of mimicking cards)
Aquaman vs Orm, Black Manta
Cyborg vs Brainiac
Shazam vs Black Adam
Green Lantern vs Parallax (Could try to infect the others deck), Other Green Lanterns (Hal vs John vs Kyle vs Guy vs Simon, to see who is the best lantern) and of course Sinestro

Of course these are some of the most mainstream picks but who do you think would make a good set and like to see?

sivartalappes
02-01-2015, 12:52 PM
I would also like Wonder Woman vs Cheetah, Flash vs Reverse Flash, Aquaman vs Black Manta, and Shazam vs Black Adam.

To add to it:

Superman vs Lex Luthor
Hal Jordan vs Sinestro
Teen Titans vs Deathstroke (where each of the 3 cards for Teen Titans would feature a different Titan member)

BenJazz
02-01-2015, 04:29 PM
I could see Flash vs. Reverse Flash coming after Superman vs. Lex Luthor (the shoe-in for the next Rivals) due to its mainstream appeal with The Flash TV show going on (depending if they do a Crossover Pack first).

vbui0803
02-01-2015, 08:36 PM
I could see Flash vs. Reverse Flash coming after Superman vs. Lex Luthor (the shoe-in for the next Rivals) due to its mainstream appeal with The Flash TV show going on (depending if they do a Crossover Pack first).

This is definite for me. These two will get popularity and I will preorder them once they are available. Superman and lex would be awesome and flash and Reverse flash could be nice addition too.

DimeDrl
02-02-2015, 04:41 AM
Wouldn't a Wonder Woman rivals deck work best with Circe? She's a Greek goddess who primarily uses magic. Yes, Ares is a Greek god, but he's more smash and crash, which makes him a lot like Wonder Woman for play style. Wonder Woman and Ares would almost feel like two sides of the same coin, thematically.

Wonder Woman vs. Circe would let Wonder Woman play towards Heroes and and Equipment and Circe would lean towards Villains and (magic-themed) Super Powers. It would also open up more option for what cards to make.

Also, it would be nice if the overall decks didn't lean so male heavy all the time. Circle would add another female player character to the mix. 30 Oversize cards (not including Crisis Co-op and Rivals 1) and only 6 females characters. It would be nice if more of the sets had a balance closer to HU's 3 out of 8.

IzzyOtaku
02-02-2015, 01:05 PM
Wouldn't a Wonder Woman rivals deck work best with Circe? She's a Greek goddess who primarily uses magic. Yes, Ares is a Greek god, but he's more smash and crash, which makes him a lot like Wonder Woman for play style. Wonder Woman and Ares would almost feel like two sides of the same coin, thematically.

Wonder Woman vs. Circe would let Wonder Woman play towards Heroes and and Equipment and Circe would lean towards Villains and (magic-themed) Super Powers. It would also open up more option for what cards to make.

Also, it would be nice if the overall decks didn't lean so male heavy all the time. Circle would add another female player character to the mix. 30 Oversize cards (not including Crisis Co-op and Rivals 1) and only 6 females characters. It would be nice if more of the sets had a balance closer to HU's 3 out of 8.

Its all about preference. You can prefer Circe, IMO I think Cheetah, Giganta or Ares would be a good fit though. And you could say the same for Flash vs Zoom, its all about how the cards are designed, not the mechanics of the character themselves. Also I dont let gender blind my judgement so I dont focus to much on that stuff.

DimeDrl
02-02-2015, 06:31 PM
It's not so much that Gender blinds my judgement as I play DC DBG with my niece a lot and she seems disappointed a lot that there aren't more female characters for her to choose from. She was happy with the number of females that were in HU, but since then there's been a drought for female characters.

Arrojacast
03-01-2015, 05:55 PM
I like the Teen Titans vs Deathstroke idea, mostly because I find it humorous, though I don't think it is very likely to happen. I think a Doomsday vs Justice League thing based on the same idea would also be cool. Or, if they did not mind making more Batman themed sets, they could do Robin/Batgirl vs Harley Quinn or something like that.

DimeDrl
03-01-2015, 07:25 PM
So, here's a thought. Titan Teens Vs. Deathstroke makes me think of five vs. one. And that sparked an idea.

How about an expansion pack that allows Rivals teams with the current sets. Rivals - Teams Pack 1: Justice League Vs. Legion of Doom using Original or HU and Forever Evil. 2v2 or 3v3 play with teams working to beat each other. The pack could consist of 120 Oversize cards. 3 player cards for each of the 36 player characters out, plus 12 Crisis mode cards for the 12 Crisis pack competitive heroes. It could also include a deck of block/confront cards to mix with the main deck and a rulebook with the usual gameplay rules and a few deck configurations for mixing cards from the three current main decks.

Rival Teams 2 could release later with more cards for Teen Titans, JSA and Arrow and whatever else Cryptozoic has in store for us. :D

Arrojacast
03-18-2015, 02:11 PM
So, here's a thought. Titan Teens Vs. Deathstroke makes me think of five vs. one. And that sparked an idea.

How about an expansion pack that allows Rivals teams with the current sets. Rivals - Teams Pack 1: Justice League Vs. Legion of Doom using Original or HU and Forever Evil. 2v2 or 3v3 play with teams working to beat each other. The pack could consist of 120 Oversize cards. 3 player cards for each of the 36 player characters out, plus 12 Crisis mode cards for the 12 Crisis pack competitive heroes. It could also include a deck of block/confront cards to mix with the main deck and a rulebook with the usual gameplay rules and a few deck configurations for mixing cards from the three current main decks.

Rival Teams 2 could release later with more cards for Teen Titans, JSA and Arrow and whatever else Cryptozoic has in store for us. :D

That sounds super complicated. But that is not necessarily a bad thing...so maybe.

Dreris
03-19-2015, 05:36 AM
Thats how you can play rivals with the other persona cards, genius!!!!

Choose 3 put them in any order, then as one gets bought you bring out the second one, etc. Use the VP from FE to gain the corresponding VP each card in Rivals brings you.

DimeDrl
03-21-2015, 02:05 PM
That sounds super complicated. But that is not necessarily a bad thing...so maybe.

It's just the way I explained it. Let me try it this way.

Components:
117 Oversize Cards
--81 Oversize Rivals Super Heroes (Three per Super Hero of costs 9/12/15)
--24 Oversize Rivals Super Villains (Three per Super Villain of costs 9/12/15)
--12 Oversize Crisis Mode Super Heroes
## Game Cards
Rulebook

There would only be 117 oversize cards since we already have Rivals Batman. ## game cards is however many block/confront cards game testing shows are needed to keep the deck working.

vbui0803
03-22-2015, 12:03 AM
I still want a Superman vs Lex Luthor rivals above anything else first. Then maybe a flash versus reverse flash, but team rivals like justice league vs legion of doom or crime syndicate would be very interesting.

Arrojacast
03-22-2015, 11:19 AM
It's just the way I explained it. Let me try it this way.

Components:
117 Oversize Cards
--81 Oversize Rivals Super Heroes (Three per Super Hero of costs 9/12/15)
--24 Oversize Rivals Super Villains (Three per Super Villain of costs 9/12/15)
--12 Oversize Crisis Mode Super Heroes
## Game Cards
Rulebook

There would only be 117 oversize cards since we already have Rivals Batman. ## game cards is however many block/confront cards game testing shows are needed to keep the deck working.

I think tried something like that, but it was more of the good guys vs bad guys variant then rivals...

DimeDrl
03-24-2015, 11:48 PM
I still want a Superman vs Lex Luthor rivals above anything else first. Then maybe a flash versus reverse flash, but team rivals like justice league vs legion of doom or crime syndicate would be very interesting.

O_O

We TOTALLY need a Crime Syndicate main version of the game!

BenJazz
03-25-2015, 07:46 AM
O_O

We TOTALLY need a Crime Syndicate main version of the game!

My guess is the Crime Syndicate will be the new Over-sized Super-Villain character cards they will include if they come out with Crisis 3 for the Forever Evil set.

ArcaneShadowWolf
04-01-2015, 05:18 AM
Superman vs either Darkseid, Lex luthor or Doomsday, and I agree with all the other vs match ups that everyone else has already listed above.

DimeDrl
04-22-2015, 10:29 PM
My guess is the Crime Syndicate will be the new Over-sized Super-Villain character cards they will include if they come out with Crisis 3 for the Forever Evil set.

But Forever Evil and Crime Syndicate are two different arcs. Crime Syndicate is "Crisis on Infinite Earths" and Forever Evil still has a bunch of stuff it can do on it's own.

BenJazz
04-23-2015, 08:45 AM
But Forever Evil and Crime Syndicate are two different arcs. Crime Syndicate is "Crisis on Infinite Earths" and Forever Evil still has a bunch of stuff it can do on it's own.

I have a feeling you have not read Forever Evil yet (or Crisis on Infinite Earths either).

**SPOILER**

The Crime Syndicate is the main antagonist of the Forever Evil storyline. Some of the normal villains fight against the CS which is the driving plot of the series and its spinoffs.