PDA

View Full Version : Post your awesome Equipment Combo/Deck

Phenteo
02-05-2015, 09:01 AM
As part of the feedback you're providing, our devs would love to see what combos of equipment/decks you're creating. Any combo you've found that is amazingly powerful? Post it here! :D

ossuary
02-05-2015, 01:08 PM
As if Darkspire decks weren't already fast enough, adding on some of the darkspire equipment is pretty brutal... especially the ones for Punisher and Priestess that make them do their ability twice each when they die. Having a 2 drop that potentially deals 6 damage when it dies (or fetching TWO more troops from your deck, that do the same thing...!!!) is pretty insane. :)

An opening hand with 2 priestesses and a punisher could pretty handily win by turn 4 if you can kill off both priestesses with a sorrow or something similar (and if you pull more troops instead, just attack for the win on turn 5 instead).

Grimshaw
02-05-2015, 05:36 PM
I've been staring at Ruinforge Reinventor for too long trying to figure out how to cheat an early Megahulk or Argus into play. Thankfully, Argus looks to solve the issue all by its wonderfully Constructy self.

The Argus Doomseeker Boots allow Argus to be discarded AND let me void the opponent's scariest card? Sign me up. This also means now there's no reason not to run 4 copies of Argus. The trinket makes Argus Invincible, so if I want to go turn 3 discard and void something and then play out the Reinventor turn 4, Argus comes in and I won't have to worry too much about losing it.

Too bad I won't be able to run those Reinventor boots.

Kroan
02-06-2015, 05:34 AM
Infinite Combo ahoy!

http://i.imgur.com/EmLUTbl.jpg

ossuary
02-06-2015, 07:50 AM
Wow, nicely done Kroan!

Previously that was only possible with 2 azurefates reduced to 3 cost (one with damage gem, one with rhino gem), and at least a tri-shard deck. Those pesky water elementals let you do it with just Sapphire and a splash of Ruby though... fun! :)

Erebus
02-06-2015, 09:52 AM
Does Azurefate equipment the reduces her cost by 1 work? Then this combo is even easier and done on turn 4.

Kroan
02-06-2015, 11:12 AM
Does Azurefate equipment the reduces her cost by 1 work? Then this combo is even easier and done on turn 4.

It does, but the equipment does not work right now. Hence the Mindcaller.

Svenn
02-06-2015, 01:12 PM
As if Darkspire decks weren't already fast enough, adding on some of the darkspire equipment is pretty brutal... especially the ones for Punisher and Priestess that make them do their ability twice each when they die. Having a 2 drop that potentially deals 6 damage when it dies (or fetching TWO more troops from your deck, that do the same thing...!!!) is pretty insane. :)

An opening hand with 2 priestesses and a punisher could pretty handily win by turn 4 if you can kill off both priestesses with a sorrow or something similar (and if you pull more troops instead, just attack for the win on turn 5 instead).

I ran through Tier 1 last night on my Darkspire/Gambit deck and it worked very well. I was wondering about the equipment, but I didn't even get around to looking at most of it. I do know that the Replicator's Gambit equipment is insane though! Every turn the card moves up 2 spaces in your deck towards the top!

So excited for PvE deck building!

wolzarg
02-06-2015, 05:13 PM
Infinite Combo ahoy!

http://i.imgur.com/EmLUTbl.jpg

Please devs don't let this become any easier its already very easy and its too cheap of a win con. So just change the equip for azure or force water elemental to actually deal combat damage one or the other.

mysnismatt
02-06-2015, 09:35 PM
^ ^ for reals. As fun and awesome as it is, it is a little silly how easy it is to pull off.

Aradon
02-06-2015, 11:18 PM
Not so much a combo or equipment focused, but an awesome deck. Posting because I finally found one that's got good play and isn't janky as all heck, and also performs well :P
If you enjoy tight aggro decks, I'd recommend giving this one a try. Hard to beat turn 1 chlorophyllias :D

Mono wild aggro:
4x Cottontail Ronin
2x Mentor of Oakhenge
2x Feral Ogre
4x Constantina
4x Dream Stag
4x Nelebrin Skirmisher (+1/+1 gem)
4x Wild Root Dancer
2x Wrathwood Master Moss

4x Chlorophyllia
2x Pheromones
4x Crackling Sprout
4x Crash of Beasts

16x Wild Shard
4x Crackling Vortex

Equipment:
- Gardener's Hat [Chlorophyllia]
- Vest of the Ruminant [Dream Stag]
- Musky Leather Gloves [Dream Stag]
- Bramble Boots [Wrathwood Master Moss]
- Mossling Dandelion [Wrathwood Master Moss]
- Autumn Leaf [Constantina]

dogmod
02-07-2015, 01:30 PM
Lol should rename this thread to "please post combos that are cool so that we can nerf any silly crazy ones" as what will happen with water elemental ;o

Saeijou
02-09-2015, 12:51 PM
Lol should rename this thread to "please post combos that are cool so that we can nerf any silly crazy ones" as what will happen with water elemental ;o

:-O

Philomorph
02-13-2015, 03:10 PM
I like the Owlmaster's Glove that gives extra owls to my Wizards of the Silver Talon. Bunoshi the Ruthless really loves feeding all those owls to my Corrupt Harvesters for hard to block 5/5 lifedrain. When I get lucky, that's a turn 5 play, then again on turn 6, for 7/7 lifedrain.

FlyingMeatchip
02-14-2015, 04:53 PM
Please devs don't let this become any easier its already very easy and its too cheap of a win con. So just change the equip for azure or force water elemental to actually deal combat damage one or the other.

Damn you went and took my fun away. It got changed to combat damage....

Estar1
02-14-2015, 06:30 PM
2x Zoadiac Shaman w/ celestial+ one troop that has a ready power is an infinite combo.

Celesital map reads : Exhaust: ready all other troops.

Cecil578
02-14-2015, 09:15 PM
Erhm, I might just be doing something wrong.. but.. Last week when the test server was up we could use all equipment (even the ones not owned) and this weekend I cant seem to use but the few my account has. Is there a way around this? or are equipment not avaliable this weekend?

ossuary
02-15-2015, 12:31 PM
Erhm, I might just be doing something wrong.. but.. Last week when the test server was up we could use all equipment (even the ones not owned) and this weekend I cant seem to use but the few my account has. Is there a way around this? or are equipment not avaliable this weekend?

There was an unintended workaround on the original test server build that let you equip equipment you didn't own. Since that was not intended behavior, the capability was removed. The unfortunate side-effect of that is that since their "give everything" fake backer code only includes plat and cards right now, most people have almost no equipment this time around. Hopefully they'll be able to update the fake backer code before the next test server trial to grant all current equipment as well... because it's fun to play with. :)

ossuary
02-15-2015, 12:31 PM
2x Zoadiac Shaman w/ celestial+ one troop that has a ready power is an infinite combo.

Celesital map reads : Exhaust: ready all other troops.

So 2x zodiac shaman + any troop with dwarven ballistics training = auto-win. And drafters say zodiac shaman is a worthless card. :D

Seriously though, there's no question that that ability will have to change, otherwise you could even beat one of the "must deal damage 5,000 separate times" raid bosses with ease.

Xavon
02-15-2015, 12:41 PM
So 2x zodiac shaman + any troop with dwarven ballistics training = auto-win. And drafters say zodiac shaman is a worthless card. :D

Seriously though, there's no question that that ability will have to change, otherwise you could even beat one of the "must deal damage 5,000 separate times" raid bosses with ease.

They could stretch the definition of 'other' by making it not work on any Zodiac Shamans.

Aradon
02-15-2015, 04:11 PM

I've been saying this long before we found a large list of the equipment. It's only set 2 and some cards are showing excellent combo potential. I don't think it's avoidable, considering how many options we get for equipment. There'll be decks that can beat most raid encounters with ease, unless they go out of their way to nerf combo and not give any support to it at all, which I doubt they are interested in doing.

However, if I recall, they're going to add a few hoops to jump through. One of which is that multiple-stage raid bosses will likely interrupt combos as they shift phases. I think we heard that some raid bosses will board wipe as they go to their next stage? And I expect most of them will end turn and go to their turn on the phase change. These effects can give combo decks the significant obstacle of having to 'go off' multiple times.

We'll see. But I agree with you. Combo is going to be the ultimate raid-killer.

ossuary
02-15-2015, 04:46 PM
I hear you, but you could still build around that, especially if the players are really working together.

Say one player plays nothing but removal / counters, another player plays control / support / lifegain, and the 3rd player is your "combo killer." All you need in that player's deck is your winning combo, 4x cosmic totems, 4x doppelgadget, 4x loregoyle, lots of things to make replicas, and some draw/cycling. Mimicking a doppelgadget of a cosmic totem lets you reshuffle your deck indefinitely (since you can recover the mimic with loregoyle and invalidate the normal "voiding" limitation on cosmic totem), so you can always recycle your combo. The other 2 players just have to hold off the opponent's actions and keep the 3rd player alive long enough for him to cycle down to his combo each stage.

That's just a random example, obviously, but the point is it seems trivially easy to me to deal any amount of damage (or deal damage any number of times, or mill any number of cards, or whatever else) even with the cards and equipment we have now... it's bound to get easier. I honestly don't envy the PVE designers having to contend with all of this. Players are notorious for being far too clever for their own good. :D

BenRGamer
02-17-2015, 07:24 AM
The Hideous Conversion equipment that lets you bring back a troop sacced works great with Darkspire.

Aradon
02-17-2015, 11:41 AM
The Hideous Conversion equipment that lets you bring back a troop sacced works great with Darkspire.

Could you explain what the equipment is? I didn't see that one.

MisterDee
02-28-2015, 02:36 AM
Hi guys ! I don't understand, i only have 6 equipment, were are the others ? do you know ?

redman2112
02-28-2015, 05:55 AM
You have to win the other equipment through arena. They are testing how fast items can be attained.

Parzival
02-28-2015, 06:43 AM
No more test server for me, I have legendary armour for a legendary PvE unique that I will now have to earn again :(

Oh and I have only run against the Tier 1 boss...

Yup Oss, Kismet is doubled over right about now.

ossuary
02-28-2015, 09:56 AM
No more test server for me, I have legendary armour for a legendary PvE unique that I will now have to earn again :(

Oh and I have only run against the Tier 1 boss...

Yup Oss, Kismet is doubled over right about now.

Believe me, sometimes doing things on the Test server can make you very depressed. Everyone knows how much I talk about Kismet having it in for me on Live and how bad my primal rate is and suchlike.

Yesterday on Test, I was trying to do some verification on the Wheels of Fate, but I'd run out of treasure chests. I went to the store and bought 100 packs, and got SIX primals (triple the normal drop rate). My primal drop rate on live is still only about 0.8% for the life of my account. :p

To make it even worse, within 10 minutes of starting to spin those chests, I'd gotten the Scraptech Brawler sleeves (STILL don't have them on live after more than 500 spins), 2 Azurefate AAs, and I rolled 3x gold spiders and got Monsuun and Scheme (I only have one Monsuun on live).

You could just cry... ;)

FoundInTheFlood
04-11-2015, 12:27 PM
Now they really changed water Elemental's text. I thought they said they would never touch how cards work? ARGH!

Xenavire
04-11-2015, 04:00 PM
Now they really changed water Elemental's text. I thought they said they would never touch how cards work? ARGH!

PvP cards. PvE cards are fair game.