PDA

View Full Version : PVE opponents should have custom sleeves

Zophie
02-05-2015, 11:47 AM
This might already be in the works, but one thing I noticed right away is that the opponents in the Arena don't use any sleeves at all. Maybe this is a design choice, but I think it might be cool if there were custom sleeves for each opponent, something that speaks to the flavor of each encounter. What do you guys think?

Xexist
02-05-2015, 12:22 PM
I dont know how long it would take to implement. It would be cool as an 'eventually' thing (ie would be nice 'polish' for official launch').
Basically I like the idea, I just wouldnt want it terribly high on the priority list.

Zophie
02-05-2015, 01:24 PM
I dont know how long it would take to implement. It would be cool as an 'eventually' thing (ie would be nice 'polish' for official launch').
Basically I like the idea, I just wouldnt want it terribly high on the priority list.

Agreed, but I wonder if they could find a way to work it into an efficient part of the art pipeline, maybe some special encounter-only sleeve template that they can just plug a few quick things into and BAM, encounter sleeves. I'm over simplifying everything of course, but would be nice if they could pull off some added touches like this without impacting the rest of the game development too much. We'll see what the dungeons bring us when they come around.

Yoss
02-05-2015, 03:02 PM
I'd say only for bosses (though if Hex wants more work to do, by all means do it for goons too), but yeah, this should be one of the standard things included in the checklist for making a boss. Either a custom sleeve, or one already made that fits the encounter.

poizonous
02-05-2015, 03:11 PM
or what about winnable boss sleeves that are rewarded after beating that boss X amount of times

Yoss
02-05-2015, 03:13 PM
or what about winnable boss sleeves that are rewarded after beating that boss X amount of times

That's a totally different topic.

poizonous
02-05-2015, 03:23 PM
no it isn't it ties in with this topic. the unique boss sleeves would be winnable

Yoss
02-05-2015, 03:25 PM
The topic is what sleeves are used by the AI, not what sleeves players can win. It's fine to ask what players can win, it's just not the same topic.

Zophie
02-05-2015, 05:50 PM
The topic is what sleeves are used by the AI, not what sleeves players can win. It's fine to ask what players can win, it's just not the same topic.

In fairness, it would be interesting if they were related, like each encounter's sleeve (or just the bosses at least) would in fact be the same sleeve you earn for beating that encounter's achievement. So you fight this awesome boss and they got these awesome sleeves staring you in the face driving you on to beat it a certain way and win them for yourself!

DataDragon
02-05-2015, 06:19 PM
Already plotting about this one, but thanks for the suggestion.

Zophie
02-05-2015, 06:33 PM
Already plotting about this one, but thanks for the suggestion.

http://i.imgur.com/jYpgyvZ.jpg