PDA

View Full Version : Server Latency Issues

Phenteo
02-05-2015, 02:10 PM
Hi HEXers!

We are aware of the server latency issues and our engineers are working on adding more hardware and updating the game. Hopefully we will have a patch to the test server in the near future. Until then, apologies for the latency issues you are experiencing on test. We're glad that everyone is excited and we had a large rush into the test server. Even though it may be slow, this is still providing a lot of valuable data for us!

Please remember this is for you to test, not necessarily play and enjoy as if it was the live server. Things are going to be a little slower as we collect the data.

Saeijou
02-05-2015, 02:49 PM
that will mean, the saturday tourney is under some pressure as well, right? ;)

please make it happen!

Salverus
02-05-2015, 03:21 PM
even with the latency issues, the test server was still playable for me and behaved much better then expected.
Keep up the good work :)

WolfCrypt
02-05-2015, 04:11 PM
I had a ton of issues but managed to get to my third fight.

toaster4k
02-05-2015, 05:11 PM
I only had 45 minutes to test it so i was not able to finish first game because of lag.
So was the amount of people joing was what Hex was expecting, or we are way more then they tought?

Deathlock
02-05-2015, 05:47 PM
My Frost Arena opponents need 3-10 minutes for a turn, and everything is too laggy. Sometimes I have an error, which stops the game, and the only thing I can do is to quit Hex. I understand it's a test server, just some info here.

BossHoss
02-05-2015, 07:26 PM
It seems the lag issue is because the AI has yet to be updated. In the meantime Chris Woods is sitting in the middle of a giant sphere of monitors trying to manually pass all priorities and make all plays. This explains why one minute there is a genius combat trick followed by a later rage fire your own troop blunder...

Saeijou
02-05-2015, 07:48 PM
It seems the lag issue is because the AI has yet to be updated. In the meantime Chris Woods is sitting in the middle of a giant sphere of monitors trying to manually pass all priorities and make all plays. This explains why one minute there is a genius combat trick followed by a later rage fire your own troop blunder...

rofl! that is the solution here ^^

down2one
02-06-2015, 03:03 AM
when reporting on latency issues, is there like a format we should follow?
it may help the engineers a lot if we can add info like, say, location maybe or hardware...

MongoGrubb
02-06-2015, 01:08 PM
If this is a test server that is to test the server and not for us to play and enjoy, then what is in it for us? The latency is more frustrating than getting shard screwed...

nickon
02-06-2015, 01:38 PM
If this is a test server that is to test the server and not for us to play and enjoy, then what is in it for us? The latency is more frustrating than getting shard screwed...

What's in it for you is you get to play arena before it is even released? Get to help CZE gather some important data to improve arena and we can have a smoother actual release of arena? To me, it seems like almost all there is to it is 'in it for us' :)

Phenteo
02-06-2015, 02:36 PM
when reporting on latency issues, is there like a format we should follow?
it may help the engineers a lot if we can add info like, say, location maybe or hardware...

Don't report latency issues on the forums just yet. We're aware of it and already working to resolve it. Thank you for helping us test!

MongoGrubb
02-06-2015, 03:07 PM

Phenteo
02-06-2015, 03:23 PM
Yet CZE gets all the pay. I know I am older than the average gamer, so this is going to sound like I am ancient, but in my day the entire development process was done by the game developers who paid for it to be done. Why aren't we getting paid to help get it done...? I also refer back to my previous post, how fun is it to try and play it though lag that is more frustrating that being shard screwed?

You don't pay us anything on the test server. This is an added bonus of being able to test additional content before it goes onto the main server. Monetized betas were not done in the past in the video game industry because the cost of video game development wasn't as large as it is now. (Even factoring in inflation.) Most of the work was also done as a volunteer in the mid 90s as well, which no one can really sit around and not have a job and create an online game.

Monetizing beta also gives a company more money in their pockets to ensure development continues. The benefits you get are usually greater as well. Think of it as investing your money and being able to play around with it as well. It's like having your cake and eating it too (while its still baking).

ossuary
02-06-2015, 04:32 PM
Mmm... lava cake.

Skirovik
02-06-2015, 04:37 PM
Mmm... lava cake.

It's more like ice-cream cake tbh. :p

Philomorph
02-07-2015, 02:32 PM

You get the freedom to not play on the test server if it's not worth it to you :)