PDA

View Full Version : AI misplays

dmar314
02-05-2015, 10:11 PM
It could prove helpful to attach a screenshot to assist Chris Woods.

To do so, upload to tinypic.com and then use the tags XXXXXXXXXX

I compiled a list of blatant AI misplays I observed during my frost ring playthrough.

AI buffed my troops - AI eldritch dreamer used charge power to give my troop "Wheneven this troop deals damage, draw a card". The champion with the rage 1 for all troops passive use incite fury on my troop to give it rage 3. This seems to happen only when the AI controls no troops of its own.

AI Avalanche giant played demolition and targeted itself.

AI Uzume played feeding the young and targeted its own troop. I had troops on the board, but none that could be killed by the feeding the young.

AI seaweed behemoth sacrificed storm cloud with no charges on it (three times in one game). It played storm cloud after playing a resource.

AI did not block my living totem when I could buff it for lethal damage when it had available blockers. Usually the AI always blocks my troops if it can avoid lethal damage.

AI did not block my 2/2 with a 1/3 troop, even when I had no resources to play a combat trick.

AI sphinx-like creature did not play inquisition or extinction (I saw it draw them with shrine of prosperity but then pass turn each time instead of playing them). It had a single 1/1 troop on the board and I had three stronger troops, so extinction would have been to its advantage. It did not play it even though I had lethal on the next turn. It never played inquisition even though I had several cards in hand.

AI gobbleglade witch never used its charge power even though it could have killed my troop with it.

AI sniper of gawaine used its charge power to give troops that entered this turn +1/+1 and speed even though no troops had entered that turn.

AI played a second Puck that killed its first one from the unique rule. It had no good reason to do this.

alreadydead
02-05-2015, 10:32 PM
Just to add to this one I have seen.

The AI cast mesmerize on it's own troop when I had none

Yoss
02-05-2015, 10:41 PM
I've heard that hypnosis can be therapeutic. Maybe it wasn't a mistake, just therapy. ;)

stuntbum
02-06-2015, 09:54 AM
AI eldritch dreamer used his charge power on his -1/1 battle hopper he got from whatever that card is that gives him a random troop

nicosharp
02-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Imp Hoodlums with equipment to take control of artifact targets their own artifact, when I have an artifact in play.
Champion Ragefires self in face. (This may have been to activate sphinx speed, but then didn't attack with it.)
Champion Boss Uzume Feeding the Young Ones it's own troop.
I will confirm - Eldritch Dreamer will target troops with 0 attack - including their own Ancestors Chosen.
AI prefers to multi block with all troops against a larger troop regardless of modifiers, as long as the multi block can kill the troop before tricks.
AI Ballistics Engineer plays cards in poor order - sapper's charge before a war machinist - on the same turn. Construct Foreman targeting my artifact.

Tinfoil
02-06-2015, 10:32 AM
I compiled a list of blatant AI misplays I observed during my frost ring playthrough.

AI sphinx-like creature did not play inquisition or extinction (I saw it draw them with shrine of prosperity but then pass turn each time instead of playing them). It had a single 1/1 troop on the board and I had three stronger troops, so extinction would have been to its advantage. It did not play it even though I had lethal on the next turn. It never played inquisition even though I had several cards in hand.

Similar: Zoltog discarded Mentor of the Flame instead of playing it.

crashland
02-06-2015, 01:00 PM
I saw the same Sniper of Gawaine misplay today. He used his power, then immediately played a troop. Both pre-combat.

Philomorph
02-06-2015, 02:35 PM
AI played Moonmonk, used it to exhaust my war hulk. I had four other ready blockers that it could have exhausted instead, which would have allowed it to attack (they were mostly wimpy).

AI used Highlands Shinobi to exhaust my technical genius instead of my cavern commando before attacking. Maybe because my commando had just been played and it counted it differently? This resulted in a stalemate rather than a winning combat.

Clawdius
02-06-2015, 03:03 PM
I've seen the first tier wild AI (Glimmerglen Witch?) play a Honeycap, then play Chlorophylia. If the AI has a flying unit and you do not, the AI will attack with it. It doesn't matter if it's a 1/1 and you're about to kill it with one heavy hitter, it will never hold back creatures to block if it can attack without risk, which is often times suicidal. Emberspire Witch played burn to the ground with 0 mana devoted to "X".

Chris_Woods
02-06-2015, 03:28 PM
<3 this thread!

Thank you very much; usually I have to dev by playing the Arena a whole ton and finding this myself. It's an amazing amount of help to have a thread I can comb over.

Keep them coming!

Chris Woods

Axle
02-06-2015, 03:44 PM
So far (Will edit in as they come)

Mountain Giant used Demolition on itself. It had a Gas Troll in play.

Uzume played Necrophage Sensei with no troops in grave.

Uzume used her Wild Growth on my own Benjamin while it was attacking. Turns later, it did the exact same thing. It also once again was Benjamin attacking, but I still hadn't attacked with any other troop so I can't confirm it's just him that this happens to.

Uzume's PVE card "Bun'Jitsu" targeted my 3/3 Alexander troop, voided it and created a 0/0 Abomination to her side of the board, automatically dying.

Uzume, like others have said, is targeting her own cards with Feeding the Young Ones. She targeted her own Bun'Jitsu and killed it. Guess she was punishing it for not working previously :P.

Yoss
02-06-2015, 04:43 PM
If the AI has a flying unit and you do not, the AI will attack with it. It doesn't matter if it's a 1/1 and you're about to kill it with one heavy hitter, it will never hold back creatures to block if it can attack without risk, which is often times suicidal.

I had a similar experience. I dropped T2 Lord Ben. AI (wild witch) had T2 Dandelion Sprite (not activated yet). I swing with Ben for a hit and a trigger. On AI T3, it plays 3rd wild, activating the sprite. It should have held it back to stop Ben, but instead swings in for a measly 1 damage to take me down to 19, leaving itself open to my (soon to be 2/1) next Ben swing. In other words, the optimization routine chose to take me down a meaningless 1HP in exchange for 2HP and a card instead of holding back for a stalemate or 1-for-1 trade (or even a win with a combat trick, but AI didn't have one in hand).

Yoss
02-06-2015, 04:44 PM
So far (Will edit in as they come)

In general, it will be easier for Chris to see updates if they're made in new posts rather than edited in.

Scammanator
02-06-2015, 04:48 PM
If Hogarth grants the Moon'airu Sensei AI a Headless Executioner as part of a challenge, the AI will target it's own Executioner with Feeding the Young Ones as soon as it can kill it. Even if the player has valid targets for the Action.

Avaian
02-06-2015, 06:30 PM
Champion Darkspire did not attack with Mazat Spearman when I had no troops in play

enrofenrir
02-06-2015, 06:32 PM
AI Malice Demon used Sniper of Gwaine ability on its self when i had CMK it could of killed

TheSwallowsNest
02-06-2015, 06:37 PM
AI (the one that gets a random threshold and has all sorts of socket troops) played no cards with 7 resources and an empty board (I was playing a control deck).

Then it discarded a troop at the end of its turn that it could have played because its hand was full (cerebral fulmination was in effect)

Multiple diamond champions: Not using inner conflict when it should. Sometimes it wouldnt even use a single card during its turn and didnt use the inner conflict on the obvious threat of my vampire king (the vampire revealed the inner conflict in its hand).

Kurasa
02-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Seaweed Behemoth played a Storm Cloud and immediately sacrificed it with no charges. It also never used its charge power, even with a Bellow of Briggadon in play. (It did use Gozzog's power off an Eternal Drifter. But the Drifter had Dimmid's power first and the AI never used it. It got bounced twice to get Gozzog's power. The charge power it got in between was Nin's which was also never used, but that was more understandable.;))

kindmime
02-06-2015, 06:48 PM
Ai played wild growth on my troop twice . While shard efficient not very effective. Also played extinction after playing a troop. I Dk how in depth but always priorities high atk and cost troops first for removal rather than card value.

poizonous
02-06-2015, 06:51 PM
AI King Gabriel didnt re play his boldheart for 8 resources which i Bounced with a Time ripple, when he had threshold and resources to do it, hence killing himself because of my 2 eldritch dreamers which should have never been able to hurt him if he replayed the boldheart

wolzarg
02-06-2015, 07:05 PM
The ai Never attacks with Mazat Spearman it seems like it considers it just a 0/1 and sees no point in attacking.

funktion
02-06-2015, 07:12 PM
-Ai played a Hired Horn Sellsword w/ battle equipment (at which point I was a little worried for myself)
-but then! Sellsword came in and the AI had it battle ITS OWN TROOP!!! Both of the ai's troops died.

On the bright side... it seems like that equipment is working.

bootlace
02-06-2015, 07:14 PM
On the Zoltog boss, the Poca card spawned a Blaze Elemental but the AI didn't attack with Blaze Elemental even though it was going to be sacrificed.

Kilo24
02-06-2015, 07:21 PM
Off of my memory:
-The AI seems to love using Living Totem's power in exclusion to cards in his hand. Even when I had a Filk Ape out, he only spent resources on repeatedly improving it to 3/3 instead of playing any cards from his hand.

-Princess Cory did nothing for the full game but play resources and use her power twice (once on a Shrine of Prosperity a challenge started her with, once on a troop of mine). She had at least an Extinction and Plant Garden in her hand that she could and should have played.

-When Blood Sphinx pulled an Izydor from my deck using Relentless Corruption, she only targeted one graveyard troop with Izydor's power instead of the two that she could have.

Grevan
02-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Multiple champions don't block killipede when its lethal.

don't remember what champ it was but he cast incite fury on my troop when he had none.

ballistics captain used charge power of "this troop does 1 damage to target champion or troop" on my reactor bot

wolzarg
02-06-2015, 07:34 PM
Uzume casting feeding the young ones on her own troop. While i love it and its almost darkly flavorful it seems like a ai misscalculations. Too expand on this there where no troops on my side and she had 2 battle hoppers one blood and one wild to choose from as well as an Rune Ear Commander. She targeted the Rune Ear Commander giving me the win.

Uzume played bucktooth roshi on her second mainphase making her three battle hoppers that where her only troops big enough to kill me but after the combat step.

dmar314
02-06-2015, 07:46 PM
AI demolitions expert with the passive "artifacts and dwarves deal 1 additional noncombat damage" used its charge power on its construct foreman that had been in play a few turns. It had the opportunity to exhaust and kill my 3/2 troop but did not take it. The next turn, I played solitary exile and targeted it. It did not exhaust in response to kill my troop or damage me, but just let the exile resolve.

Nahoj
02-06-2015, 07:55 PM
Not sure if this qualifies, but the witch in tier 1 kept taking mulligans until she was down to 2 cards against me. It seems to me like it should have some type of minimum limit where it no longer makes sense to discard. She was playing first too, so no draw for her.

SupremeEvil
02-06-2015, 07:58 PM
The AI doesn't seem to be able to calculate the effect of sockets in cards, e.g when I play the Cockatwice with swiftstrike the AI will attack or block with creatures like it would be an even trade atleast.

redyetiking
02-06-2015, 07:59 PM
Sniper of Gawaine used its champion power without playing a troop.

Kilikaji
02-06-2015, 08:01 PM
AI Eldritch dreamer uses his buccaneers on his own troops. Specifically he has used it on a thunderbird in first main phase.

enrofenrir
02-06-2015, 08:05 PM
AI blood sphinx used murder and copied murder on the same target

bwarner
02-06-2015, 08:07 PM
Zodiac Shaman had 8 cards in hand and 2/2 resources with 2 white threshold. He went to end of turn and discarded Mentor of the Wind, rather than playing it.

silverlocke
02-06-2015, 08:07 PM
I noticed AI always wants to attack and then play a card, even when that is not the proper order:

example: robot-looking AI boss, has 2 electroids and 1 dwarf out, has numerous dwarves/robots in hand. Rather than turn the electroids on by playing a 4th troop, he attacks, passes, then plays a troop, skipping his own attack round.

bwarner
02-06-2015, 08:26 PM
Uzume had a Fertile Engorger in play. She sacrificed it, and then immediately played a Shin'Hare Eulogist. The Eulogist should've been played first.

bwarner
02-06-2015, 08:28 PM
Removed.

bwarner
02-06-2015, 09:10 PM
Hero of Adamanth had a single Noble Citizenry out. He used his charge power on it (which had no effect since there were no other troops). He then played a Buccaneer. Despite my having 4 troops out and him having 1 life, he targeted his own Noble Citizenry. To top it off, he finished by playing a Cerulean Mentalist, which should've been played first.

Unspecified
02-06-2015, 09:13 PM
AI Hero of Adamanth (I think? the 25% to copy troops leaving play passive) - Repeatedly used Time Step Mage on my Ancestor's Chosen. This created duplicates, but the most amusing part was I had Oberon's Eulogy in play so it eventually became a 141/141 Chosen.

AI Hero of Adamanth (same guy as above) - Fulmination challenge started and Fulm was the only card in play. AI used Solitary Exile on the Fulmination. Next turn AI used another Solitary Exile on Exile 1. A duplicate Exile was created by the passive. AI used Exile 3 on Exile 2 releasing Exile 1 which he used on Exile 3. Exile 2 was released and used on Exile 1 which released Exile 3 which was used on Exile 2 which released Exile 1 which was used on Exile 3, Repeat forever.

YourOpponent
02-06-2015, 09:37 PM
Mentor of the Grave did not attack with Mosquito when I only had Storm Cloud in play. I also don't think it attacked with the rotting buffalo either while Storm cloud was my only troop in play.2877

GaiusMarcus
02-06-2015, 09:38 PM
AI Mesemerized the same Angel of Dawn twice.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40736

Arcane360
02-06-2015, 09:39 PM
The robomancer champ will try to complete construction plans, and never add a counter to it after the resolve prompt is clicked.
The robomancer then proceeds to, try, try, and try FOREVER. Infinite Loop!!! Had to withdraw from the arena.

alreadydead
02-06-2015, 09:51 PM
The AI seems to value leaving resource open for removal to highly or something as it will sit with removal and not cast anything. It also doesn't seem to think mirror knight is enough of a threat to use crackling rot on.

I couldn't seem to get my screen shot to attach/display (undefined exclamation mark)

So it sat on 3-4 resources for 3 turns casting nothing while I had mirror knight and a tunneled spy on the board and it had crackling rot, darkspire priestess, fang of the mountain god and darkspire punisher all available in its hand.

malloc31
02-06-2015, 09:55 PM
the champion with tectonic break power never uses the power, even when dying to troops and having enough charges. The AI also seems to never use extinction even when out numbered troop wise.

odjn
02-06-2015, 10:03 PM
AI attacks into Bird of Plenty

meowstef
02-06-2015, 10:44 PM
one that made me cry a little inside was the gobbleblade witch stuck on 2 rescorces and holding cholophila

Yoss
02-06-2015, 11:15 PM
From elsewhere:

Everytime [the AI] cast a dual shard they screw themselves. Zodiac Shaman has played 3 Dual shards this game and his Threshold is 5 Sapphire and nothing else and he hasnt played a card probably because he needed that diamond or Wild threshold the dual shard could have given him

poizonous
02-06-2015, 11:19 PM
Sorry if this has been posted but I just laughed so loud i woke my girlfriend up lol. Avalanche Giant Casted Gorefeast and passed attack step

poizonous
02-06-2015, 11:42 PM
Princess Cory just Used champ power on a Princess Victoria, it turned into a Shrewd Manipulation which Princess Cory proceeded to activate 3 times, discarding her whole hand to constantly exhaust and ready my troop

WWKnight
02-07-2015, 12:00 AM
Avalanche giant blocked my 2/2 with his 1/1, and then cast crushing blow on his defender (to no effect since it targets attacking troops)

Kurasa
02-07-2015, 12:02 AM
The AI will happily kill itself by trying to draw from an empty deck. Zodiac Shaman did it using a Stargazer. Eldritch Dreamer did the same with Ancestral Specters.

HaemishM
02-07-2015, 12:20 AM
Nelebrin Scout played a Wild Growth on my troop that was attacking the Scout, turning a 3/3 into a 6/6 against himself.

Darkspire Enforcer put out a Mazat Spearman (0/1 Rage 1) on the first turn, but never ever attacked with it, despite having at least 2 turns where it could have attacked without any resistance.

Naldek
02-07-2015, 12:35 AM
On several occasions, I noticed the AI used his double resources to get a threshold it already had loads off instead of the threshold it had none off.

wadtomaton
02-07-2015, 12:48 AM
I had a game where I had a Killipede in play. Not only did the AI not block the first attack when he had an open blocker, but he then didn't block it the second time for the win.

It was a first tier AI, either the first or second match.

Kurasa
02-07-2015, 01:01 AM
Avenging Angel only ever gave his Living Totem +1/+1, even when giving it Flight would have let him win the game. He also stopped playing non-resource cards and focused exclusively on pumping the Totem.

eimerian
02-07-2015, 01:08 AM
The AI doesnt understand crush when chump blocking. Eg: I attack with a rhino and a bucceneer, AI has a battle hopper. A smart human would block the bucceneer and get 3 damage, AI always chump blocks the rhino and gets 4. I guess the AI only considers the power and ignores crush.

After many games I have not yet seen the AI use the luck sacks in kismet's challenge. Has anyone? Correct me if I'm wrong, but it seems like the AI doen't even see them.

Ashtarok
02-07-2015, 01:13 AM
AI Hero of Adamanth play solitary exile on his "Eldon distress signal" ignoring my "vampire king" in game. He didn't have any troup on his side.

BlackRoger
02-07-2015, 01:17 AM
Storm Cloud AI uses both his hero power and tacticians to try and exhaust my troops even though I have constantina in play, meaning those have no effect.

Edswor
02-07-2015, 02:07 AM
AI Eternal Guardian played Master Theorycrafter with the gem to give - attack to a opposing troop and when it created the war bots they give - attack to the same troop again and again.

TOOT
02-07-2015, 02:12 AM
http://i.imgur.com/t3iM2gw.jpg

Not optimal blocking to say the least.

Galadorn
02-07-2015, 02:17 AM
Nelebrin Scout played a Wild Growth on my troop that was attacking the Scout, turning a 3/3 into a 6/6 against himself.

Darkspire Enforcer put out a Mazat Spearman (0/1 Rage 1) on the first turn, but never ever attacked with it, despite having at least 2 turns where it could have attacked without any resistance.

Had the same AI misplay vs. the Ruby Enchantress AI (AI had Ash Harpy and I had no blockers). Seems like AI do not take Rage abilities into account before attacking; therefore never attacking with a 0 attack Rage X Troop since it thinks it won't do anything.

laki82
02-07-2015, 03:22 AM
Solitary exile being cast when I have no troops.

jonsnow2000
02-07-2015, 03:25 AM
Clam Bot (a.k.a. SPAM Bot) played an Armitron without other troops on board. It could have played the Inductocopter Bot I knew it was having in its hand first.

Lefto
02-07-2015, 03:37 AM
I have to start off by saying that I know the AI is still supposedly not finished but still, playing the Arena was quite the disappointment. I don't mean to be snide but I really don't see the point of this thread. The AI plays so bad it's not even funny. I'm fairly sure that an AI overhaul is needed and not just band-aid AI-patches based on the misplays we observe. AI has been terrible since day 1 of alpha and keeps being as terrible.
"Magic 201x" has a great AI and that should give HEX ent. some idea of how to fix the AI in HEX (given the fact that random people have managed to create new cards and programmed new decks in Magic 2014 for example). If random fans can do it, HEX ent's professional AI department should be able to breeze through it...
I cannot stress enough the importance of a robust AI. If it's not in tip-top shape by the time PVE comes out, people will be terribly put off and the game will wither and die. I for one, DON'T want to see that happen! Fire the whole AI department if you have to, just fix the damn AI! And I'm saying FIX, not improve. When your opponent buffs your troops (and this is just one of many pathetic examples) the AI needs a complete overhaul, not just some tweaks as stated in the "test server known issues" thread.

YourOpponent
02-07-2015, 04:08 AM
The Ruby Enchantress champion attacked with Archmage Wrenlocke and then played Salt Harpy...making itself unable to block all my troops it already in play for a killing blow since it could only use burn to remove one of them.2889

Also Ballistics Expert opening with Construct Foreman at 1/1 resources.

BlackRoger
02-07-2015, 04:19 AM
Eternal Guardian AI played MoonMonk, instead of exhausting my 1 blocker, it readied my other troop.

Avalanche Giant plays gorefeast while he has no creatures in play (still plenty of cards in hand, so presumably could have played something instead).
Also uses his hero power at second main on a creature with summoning sickness.

Frost3
02-07-2015, 04:21 AM
Gobbleglade Witch = Pumps Nebelin Hunting Pack while Inner Conflicted.

Spambot = Drew a sapper's charge while under the influnce of Shrine of Prosperity (during the challenge) but never put it on the board, even though it could have used it, and it's two recouces to kill something.

Stormcloud = Used Mesmorize on Tormentor instead of Taskmaster, despite the fact that i had five cards in hand, and likely wouldn't buff him anytime soon.

Avaian
02-07-2015, 05:37 AM
S.P.A.M Bot

Attacks with 2/1 Charge bot while I have a 1/1 blocker in play, However, does not attack while I have a 2/2 blocker in play. Possibly still thinks Charge Bot is 1/1.

Gobbleglade Witch

Used Nibblin Hunting Pack ability while it was exhausted, when It could have played a Rhino I knew it had in its hand. Noticed it used the ability until it hand no resource for it, then played cards.
Not using charge power.

Lukezors
02-07-2015, 06:13 AM
Mentor of the grave champion:
-never used charge power
-pumped blood savant in second main phase

Storm Cloud champion:
-used Mesmorize on a troop it had already played an earlier Mesmorize on

dwebber88
02-07-2015, 06:21 AM
AI does not attack with board advantage, as long as you have a blocker that can block any of them. UNLESS AI can finish in 2 turns by just swinging and losing stuff. so it seems to me. Maybe tweak that a little bit. would be a huge difference.

Raccoons
02-07-2015, 06:41 AM
My input:

Emberspire Witch champion played Burn to the Ground on my Lixil with Invincible, three times in a row one by one (each with X = 1)
Emberspire Witch champion used his abbility (1dmg to champions) when he was at 1 health.

GaiusMarcus
02-07-2015, 06:47 AM
AI attacking repeatedly with low power troops (1/1, 2/2,1/3) into a Royal Diplomat with Flight and Swiftstrike gems.

WolfCrypt
02-07-2015, 06:48 AM
They used a Ruby Lance on my 3/3 Wretched Wrangler which boosted my Eulogist now you could have blocked with a guy(I think they had monsters) and used ruby lance on my eulogist stead of saving youself one damage due to eulogist's ability.

Caruso
02-07-2015, 07:16 AM
There seem to be issues with AI not playing cards it could... like holding those back for no obv reason.

Doing further research on that with an inquisition/subterrean spy deck, will report details later when i know more

szimek
02-07-2015, 07:21 AM
Looks like AI sees Flock of Seagulls as plain 0/1 troop with no ability and will attack, as thinking that it will be able to kill Seagulls with it's troop. Example: I have X Seagulls, AI has X (or less) troops - AI will always attack and won't leave anything for blocking in case i have troop with speed on my hand. Maybe it thinks i will misplay and won't block but these attacks leaves him vulnerable.

RCDv57
02-07-2015, 08:22 AM
AI will ready Droo's colossal walker when it has 8 or less health.

Tinfoil
02-07-2015, 08:38 AM
Another example of doings things in the wrong order: Zoltog casts the Furious Wrathbringer orc (the orc that grants rage) , then uses charge power - should clearly be the other way around.

GaiusMarcus
02-07-2015, 08:49 AM
Moon'ariu Sensei just used feeding the Young Ones on its own troop, a buffed Rune Ear Burrower, after playing a Monsuun directly from its hand, rather than tunneling it.

Prominis
02-07-2015, 09:03 AM
While I was in the arena, when I played against Ruby Enchantress, I noticed two things.

First, when she used Born of the Flame and spawned a Sniper of Gawaine, the AI chose to use its ability to kill itself (as in the troop), for whatever reason. I had four squishy darkspire troops for it to kill, and it chose itself over any of them.

And the second was that though the Enchantress had a Salt Harpy out, it never attacked with it, I assume because the AI ignores everything with 0 attack, even though it had rage.

In the same game, the Ruby Enchantress also chose to burn a troop that would live (strongest one), rather than one that would die. It also doesn't seem to want to use its cheaper actions, which basically leaves it with a bunch of cards it doesn't want to use, which makes its Kindling Skarn much less useful.
eg. It had a Crackling Wit, which was never used (force discard), and at 9 resources it still had four cards in its hand that never saw the light of day, presumably all actions/quickactions because they weren't sent out to chump block.

EDIT: To add onto this, I played against King Gabriel after, and he killed his unique cards by playing them again (Lionel Flynn specifically). Whether he just wanted the 5/2, I have no idea, but I don't think that's a particularly smart idea either way.

NightWolf
02-07-2015, 09:09 AM
Playing against Hero of Adamanth, he had 3 Wizard of the Silver Talons, and 4 Senators, and 3 health. I attacked with a 7/7 trample, and two 5/5 troops. He Blocked one of the 5/5 troops with all but one of his troops, blocked the 7/7 trample with a 1/1 Senator, and then let the third 5/5 troop through unblocked, putting himself at -8 health, when he could have survived the round, and taken out my 7/7 troop.

NightWolf, PC, 10am (UTC-06:00) Central Time (US & Canada)

Kurasa
02-07-2015, 09:15 AM
Zodiac Shaman attacked with a 6/6 Spirit Oracle into four 4/4 Pack Raptors. He also blocked Reginald Lancashire with all of the troops he had on board (four) while letting lethal damage from the four Pack Raptors through.

fido_one
02-07-2015, 09:39 AM
Second tier, second battle, against Moon-Airu Sensei, the AI played a Monsuun when there was one already tunneled (sending the tunnelled monsuun to the graveyard).2898

2/7/2015, @ 11:30 AM EST

GaiusMarcus
02-07-2015, 10:48 AM
Princess Cory played Citadel of Adamanth and then didnt use the Archer Towers to kill my fliers in play. Then she cast the green fairy card that creates two defensive fairies, but didn't defend with them. Then cast Cosmic Transmog and used her charge power on it rather than use it to transform my troops and cards in play.

spankydonkey
02-07-2015, 11:04 AM
Emberspire Witch, was down to 1 life, & committed suicide with its own charge power?

Also the AI likes to play X charge cards, with 0 resources, Life Siphon, & Burn to the Ground.

Anath
02-07-2015, 11:10 AM
Malice Demon- incite fury on my Minion of Yakuzan twice same game,played sniper of gwayne and targeted itself,used charge power on elite pyromancer and did not swing

Ballistics Experet-spared me from death with his charge power for 15 turns

Construct Foreman- had PvE chimera in hand so he ragefired his own face for the kill to lower his life under mine

Princess Corey- Poped storm cloud for 0

Eldrich Dreamer- chargepowered my darkspire priestess, only selected my VK as target for timewave when i had 4 other troops as well DSpriestessx2 Minion of yak and darkspire tyrant

silverlocke
02-07-2015, 11:20 AM
Ruby enchantress used a Crushing Blow while BLOCKING.

Can't remember AI but it is the one that gives 'when this troop attacks draw a card', it used its power on MY card when it had 0 cards on the board.

Rapierian
02-07-2015, 11:33 AM
I had a Lixil with invincibility out, along with several smaller creatures. The AI had a 6/6 creature. I blocked with Lixil and the smaller creatures to kill the 6/6. The AI prioritized the damage with Lixil first, allowing all my smaller creatures to survive. The AI could have killed everything except the Lixil.

BlindMan
02-07-2015, 11:34 AM
Psychotic Anarchist played Furious Taskmaster in the second main phase when he had enough resources to give it speed and I had an empty board. I tried to play it out to see what card he was holding, but I wasn't able to clear his hand. He did have 2 resources, so even if it was burn he had enough resources to do both.

Later in the game, I had Gront the Infinite in play, he had a 1 DEF troop, and he played an Ash Harpy and attacked with it. This left him open to a fatal counter-attack once Gront killed his only other troop at the start of my turn. Holding the Ash Harpy back would have bought him another turn.

Ubiquity
02-07-2015, 11:49 AM
War Bot attacked with Droo's Colossal Walker while at eight health, I was at nine, I let it through, bringing me to one, he immediately paid eight life to ready it, losing the game as a result.

I don't remember who this was against, but it was a pretty clear example of the AI not understanding crush. AI was at, say, ten life. I attacked with a Genesis Hydra who was 6/6 and a Wrathwood Colossus who was at 9/9 (don't remember the exact numbers, but the point holds). AI had a 2/2 to block, chose to block the Colossus, which had crush, presumably because it was bigger, but thanks to crush I win the game. Could've blocked the Hydra and lived one more turn.

nicosharp
02-07-2015, 11:50 AM
Paladin of Naagan did not use his charge power, even with a significant life-total advantage. Not complaining, as otherwise I would have definitely lost :)

Naldek
02-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Mentor of the grave did not attack me with his self-buffed blood savant despite my side of the board being empty.

Psychotic Anarchist played his second Taskmaster in Main Phase 2 while he had 3 resources and could have played him in Main Phase 1 and give him Speed with the first Taskmaster.

Storm Cloud exhausted a troop that couldn't block his flyer

Rhodry
02-07-2015, 01:30 PM
1- Not necessarily a very bad choices , but AI sacrificied 3 toops to block and kill my Verdant Wyldeboar, cleaning the board and saving my ass, it could have chump blocked with a worker bot instead and taken no damage (possibly does not take into acount the Wyldeboar going back in my deck at the end of my turn?)

2- Using multiple troop to block the AI some time blocks with more troop than needed (as if the attacking troop had crush, even if atacking player has 0 shard left for comabt tricks) : an example is the aI blocking a 3/2 with a 2/2 and a 1/1 , losing the 1/1 uselessly as the 2/2 would have successfully blocked and killed. (AI was S.P.A.M. Bot on that one.)

Phenyx
02-07-2015, 01:40 PM
Wa playing against Xarlox (2nd boss encounter) and he played Inquisitor Thist twice in the same turn, but it's an Unique card ^^

EDIT : And he kept using Web of Death and other removals like Terrorentula on my Fist of Briggadon while there was other threats (But Fist was the biggest)

Stok3d
02-07-2015, 01:51 PM
It could prove helpful to attach a screenshot to assist Chris Woods.

To do so, upload to tinypic.com and then use the tags XXXXXXXXXX

Axle
02-07-2015, 01:56 PM
Ruby Enchantress generated an Eye of Zakiir and discarded it at the end phase (Fulmation was in play, so we all have a bunch of cards). Low odds of her getting that card, but it's kinda one of the best in the game. Should be higher on the priority list for play/keeping. Not a huge issue compared to more important things of course.

Ruby Enchantress attacked with 3/3 Wrenlocke into my 4 3/3 Echo of Logedons.

Ruby Enchantress didn't attack with Ash Harpie when it was 0/4. I had no other flyers and the board state was in its favor.

Seaweed Behemoth doesn't use Talisman of Vitae to get to 10 charges. When it was well over 10 charges, it also never used it's charge power.

Princess Cory didn't mulligan a hand with 0 shards. It did however have a turn 1 Holiday. Also discarded cheap cards that would help it get unscrewed, like Chaotic Conjuring instead of higher cost cards that it had.

Ballistics Expert played a Construct Foreman with no artifacts to target.

Badmoonz
02-07-2015, 02:12 PM
Issues noticed:

AI casts mesmerize on its own troop.
Twice AI casts Wild Growth on my unblocked attacking troop.
Twice AI would immediately use Storm Clouds ability with no counters on it.

Alwyn will inspire troops, but not actually apply any buff.
Blessing the fallen has no text. It may still work correctly though.

Rhodry
02-07-2015, 02:15 PM
another example of multiple block wasted :
AI blocked a non crush 8/8 with 4 troops one of them having lethal , if the trrop with lethal did not also have first trike it would have wasted 3 extra troops... moreover because of that block, the AI did not have troop left to block other smaller menaces

Salverus
02-07-2015, 02:20 PM
http://i.imgur.com/rQx5tm8.jpg

1/1 howling brave with wild growth -> 4/4 howling brave.
Enemy uses two shatter shields, which each deal 4 damage to a blocking troop, so a total of 8 damage to blocking troop. While only 1 shatter shield is already enough to kill my howling brave.

Bmon
02-07-2015, 02:21 PM
AI issues I noticed:

Dragon Guard Stalwart: Kept using lifegain abilities with my emberspire witch on the field.
Nelebrin Skirmisher: Used several wild growths on my troop while I was attacking.
Moon'ariu Sensei: Didn't tunnel anything turn 2 with several tunneling troops in hand. Hardcasted a cottontail scout & underfoot commander when it would have been better to tunnel.
Darkspire Enforcer: Didn't attack with his mazat spearman on turn 2 to pump it up when I had no troops.

Rhodry
02-07-2015, 03:19 PM
AI : Zoltog :suboptimal choices of shards with multiple shard card :
twice he picked ruby when playing a shard of hatred. (probably no blood card in his hand) =>forgetting he needed blood to activate his passive / his power? If he had picked blood at least once the match might have gone in his favor.

the_artic_one
02-07-2015, 06:25 PM
Angel: Double blocked a buccaneer with an unbuffed living totem and adamanthian scrivener.

Caruso
02-07-2015, 07:15 PM
http://oi57.tinypic.com/14jmhya.jpg

man so much information in one pic

Axle
02-07-2015, 07:17 PM
Nice. I forgot about Spy. If the server is up tomorrow then I'll play a deck with him and get more examples of misplays to post. Sounds like a good idea.

jurasico
02-07-2015, 09:19 PM
All these misplays (and general errors) were before friday patch:

I assume you put a slightly different IA for each NPC champion I put the name of the champ to identify each misplay.

General Errors:

you can't see thresholds of opponent champ, as shards are behind character picture and power counter(this is of importance in cases as Angelic Guardian Champ).
you can not view evolution of "incantation series" cards.

Champ's Misplays:

Seaweed Behemoth champ IA-> plays "crackling vortex", then "storm cloud" and sacrifices "storm cloud"(with no charges on it).
Seaweed Behemoth champ IA->plays "storm cloud" and sacrifice it instantly (with no charges on it)(2nd time).
Darkspire Enforcer champ IA->don't attack with "mazat spearman" (played on t1 and with no blockers on my side)
Zoltog champ IA-> could target non-attacking troop (defending) with crushing blow so it fizzle for no efect. It were a smart defensive movement if pump spell was right, as I would have loose my attacking troop and his were left alive.
Construct Foreman champ IA->double "Ragefire" to his own chimera (with no troops on my side and chimera beating me!)
Paladin of Naagan champ -> don't use his power to win. In a moment he could do a 13/13 flying troop and did not.
Ballistic Expert champ-> plays "construct foreman" and transform "pterobot" in "war bot", an inferior creature.
Ballistic Expert champ-> plays his ability on tapped (with mesmerize) "pterobot", having another two ready troops on his side.
Malice Demon champ ->don't attack with "mazat spearman" (after turning it in a rage:4 troop! And no troops on my side!)
Malice Demon champ ->don't attack with creature target of his ability (nor do anything else in his turn)

Challenge's Fails:

kismet's luck sacks from kismet's challenge don't do anything, nor good effects nor unlucky ones. IA did not click on any sack (I think this could be a wise and conservative move but it is less thrilling to the player).
ivory pawn challenge spawns against Emberspire Witch Champion (which power is "players can not gain life"), turning "ivory pawn" useless and challenge unreachable!... really frustrating sense in this challenge... I realize challenges choices are at random, but this was worst combination ever!

And twice i win because my IA opponents go with color-screw, but that could happen even to best decks and best players...

PD: sorry by my lousy english, i hope you can understand what i mean.

sukebe
02-07-2015, 11:13 PM
Several of these have already been posted but I figure I will list them anyway as that shows that it happens multiple times to different people.

-Malice Demon hit himself with sniper of gawaine
-AI refuses to block if its troops would die without killing my troops, even if it leads to AI losing lots of life
-AI refuses to attack with troops that have 0 attack, even if they have rage.
-eldritch dreamer used his charge power on my troop
-Seaweed Behemoth sacrificed Storm Cloud when it had 0 charges.
-Seaweed Behemoth played Chlorphylia in the second main phase with a reactor bot in play
-Sniper of Gawaine cast inner conflict on my rhino instead of either of my 2 Arborean Rootfathers (that make rhinos when they damage him)
-Ballistics Expert used his charge power on my troop
-Eurig did not activiate his war hulk construction plans in response to my extinction against his 3 robot/dwarf troops

Teklord
02-07-2015, 11:28 PM
While not a miss-play, 2 of the tier 1 AI's played the same troop 3 turns in a row. A 3rd AI, also in tier 1 played only 4 troops( all 4 the same), 4 turns in a row. Seems there could be a problem with the AI's starting deck shuffle.

Tinfoil
02-09-2015, 08:16 AM
ivory pawn challenge spawns against Emberspire Witch Champion (which power is "players can not gain life"), turning "ivory pawn" useless and challenge unreachable!... really frustrating sense in this challenge... I realize challenges choices are at random, but this was worst combination ever!
[/LIST]

Heh - I got the life challenge against one of the dwarf-champions which first action was to cast construct foreman and turn my pawn into a war-bot. It was both hilarious, weird and frustrating. It stopped me from completing the challenge which felt a little unfair, but made it even more easy to win. Wonder if this is intended.

Jeevus
02-09-2015, 08:41 AM
Heh - I got the life challenge against one of the dwarf-champions which first action was to cast construct foreman and turn my pawn into a war-bot. It was both hilarious, weird and frustrating. It stopped me from completing the challenge which felt a little unfair, but made it even more easy to win. Wonder if this is intended.

Another one with this challenge.

I actually got this challenge against the Embersprie Witch Opponent (In which the challenge is not possible to finish, due to Emberspire Witch effect)

crashland
02-09-2015, 08:58 AM
Another misplay I saw was by Uruunaz. I was running a Jankbot - Gore Feast deck and had 10+ troops on the board and two Jank bots. The AI had 5 resources open on its turn... it used a terrible transfer on a jankbot (not killing it). The next turn, I tunneled a Spy to peek at his hand before I swung in for the win. I noticed that Uruunaz had an Extinction in hand. Based on resources and charges, the AI could have Extinctioned and followed it up with its charge power to steal something.

Caruso
02-12-2015, 01:47 PM
http://i57.tinypic.com/2w32w7t.jpg

Blood Savant pumped 1 but did not attack with it that turn

Caruso
02-12-2015, 01:54 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/i6jfag.jpg

applauded when i saw that block. still not perfect though

Caruso
02-12-2015, 02:20 PM
http://i62.tinypic.com/2zhfeye.jpg

rage is complex. shoudlnt ai keep buffalo back for blocking?
ai played pegasus before attacking (maybe not unintended?)

Caruso
02-12-2015, 04:27 PM
http://i61.tinypic.com/257q261.jpg

bad timing with a great card

Axle
02-12-2015, 04:29 PM
Caruso pls. The neatness of it doesn't mean anything if they have to switch between two threads for the same build of the test server. Well true that we don't need two threads either, but a bunch of pages can be overwhelming for two different builds.

Rapierian
02-13-2015, 10:37 PM
I just watched the Eternal Guardian boost a Mistborn Wendigo all the way to 7/-1.