PDA

View Full Version : Simple fix for a lot of pve equip? -

KingGabriel
02-06-2015, 06:03 AM
Fix the names they target/add wildcards/shorteners, for example patience should read you pay 3 less to play "His Majesty, King Gabriel" instead of "King Gabriel". Someone played a card which created a random plans but the text read "plants" and so it made a briar legion. Murder equip doesn't work as it calls on "Murders" instead.
Sorry if this has been posted before, im in a draft while playing arena so im multitasking :P
I'd guesstimate that this is the reason aa's aren't working with equip either.

fabriazp
02-06-2015, 12:14 PM
even coming from gabe, this has a lot of logic

PureVapes
02-06-2015, 12:21 PM
I don't think it is that simple. The text we see and the coding behind it are different things, and some cards with incorrect/plural text do work.

Patrigan
02-06-2015, 01:33 PM
What I do notice though is that some equipments say "Your XXX has "YYY", while others simply say Y.

Perhaps that's where the difference lies?

Svenn
02-06-2015, 01:35 PM
What I do notice though is that some equipments say "Your XXX has "YYY", while others simply say Y.

Perhaps that's where the difference lies?
They probably just haven't done a full text pass. Probably a lot of placeholder stuff before they go back and fix it up with all the correct templating.

Zophie
02-06-2015, 01:40 PM
even coming from gabe, this has a lot of logic

I call shenanigans

nickon
02-06-2015, 01:45 PM
I don't think it is that simple. The text we see and the coding behind it are different things, and some cards with incorrect/plural text do work.

I would probably agree with you that card text and rules are seperate things (at least I hope they're not relying on parsing card text to determine behavior), but how do you know for sure?

alreadydead
02-06-2015, 02:41 PM
It would seem very strange and inefficient to me for them to not have the rules text seperate from the card behaiviour.

Having them seperate however doesn't prevent mistakes or poor placement of wild cards if they are using text matching to find those values.

The fact that plan finds plants would suggest they are using text matching with some wild cards to find the value rather than an enumeration list referenced by ID or some other alternative.

PureVapes
02-06-2015, 02:49 PM
It would seem very strange and inefficient to me for them to not have the rules text seperate from the card behaiviour.

Having them seperate however doesn't prevent mistakes or poor placement of wild cards if they are using text matching to find those values.

The fact that plan finds plants would suggest they are using text matching with some wild cards to find the value rather than an enumeration list referenced by ID or some other alternative.

I would probably agree with you that card text and rules are seperate things (at least I hope they're not relying on parsing card text to determine behavior), but how do you know for sure?

The card that creates plants instead of plans doesn't actually have that typo on the card text, for example. So the coding and card text are not necessarily related. Also, some plurals and short forms do work, as do some that don't even reference the card or add card text.

I posted about why I think some don't work and it's probably not a bug most of the time. http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40826

alreadydead
02-06-2015, 02:55 PM
The card that creates plants instead of plans doesn't actually have that typo on the card text, for example. So the coding and card text are not necessarily related. Also, some plurals and short forms do work, as do some that don't even reference the card or add card text.

I posted about why I think some don't work and it's probably not a bug most of the time. http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=40826

I wouldn't be surprised if you are correct that a lot of the equipment simply hasn't been completed yet.