PDA

View Full Version : Banned Cards in PvE?

Lurgid
02-06-2015, 12:01 PM
Wanted to use a particular deck in the Arena, but it wasn't an available choice. I though maybe it didn't copy over. However, I brought it up in the card manager, save the deck, and it tells me the I have cards that are banned in a format. The Deck validation page says that "Curse of Oblivion" is legal in PvP and banned in PvE.

I figure banned cards are OK in PvE, but wouldn't necessarily expect that one, over say, Relentless Corruption.

Anybody else find any PvE banned cards?

alreadydead
02-06-2015, 02:59 PM
Subtle striker is also banned. Since so much of the arena encounters power is in their champ power that seems understandable.

Yoss
02-06-2015, 04:28 PM
I suppose it was inevitable, and I'm glad they're doing what they think is best for keeping the game fun. Still, it's always sad to see cards get banned. (And that's a blanket statement across all sectors.)

YourOpponent
02-06-2015, 04:31 PM
Interesting. I'd of thought that PvE wouldn't have banned cards this early into development...looks like I'm wrong...also I'm surprised that Gorefeast wasn't in that list.

Yoss
02-06-2015, 04:46 PM
Interesting. I'd of thought that PvE wouldn't have banned cards this early into development...looks like I'm wrong...also I'm surprised that Gorefeast wasn't in that list.

The two mentioned here aren't banned for raw power (like Gorefeast), but for ability to lock out certain AI design space (charge powers and special cards).

Gwaer
02-06-2015, 04:56 PM
Wow, I'm with you on COO being banned but not RC. That's crazy.

Yoss
02-06-2015, 04:59 PM
Cory even used RC in his deck for streaming. :)

poizonous
02-06-2015, 04:59 PM
They didnt want to ban RC so players have a chance at playing with non deckable PvE boss only cards. At least that is my reasoning on why it isnt banned

Axle
02-06-2015, 05:03 PM
Curse ban makes sense for future encounters I suppose. Current ones don't crux much on one specific card, but perhaps they might want to create a bunch that do? Specifically in dungeons it would make sense. Graveyard effects might matter, and they don't want to put "This can't be voided" on any significant card to that character.

Gwaer
02-06-2015, 05:26 PM
"When this is voided, create two copies, add one to your deck, and one to your hand."

the_artic_one
02-06-2015, 05:29 PM
Wasn't there equipment for CoO? They might be banned because they cause gamebreaking bugs in the current build like causing the AI to freeze.

YourOpponent
02-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Wasn't there equipment for CoO? They might be banned because they cause gamebreaking bugs in the current build like causing the AI to freeze.

Yes one of the equipment pieces for Curse of Oblivion (unless they changed it) was that you can put the cards voided by it into play (if it was an opponent's card.)