PDA

View Full Version : How to check if equipment works!

PureVapes
02-06-2015, 01:51 PM
I believe I've found a method of checking if most equipment works. I noticed when I went to the AH and clicked 'Add Item' that there are multiple versions of some cards. Halfway through compiling the list of working / not working equipment from another thread, I realized that I had seen some versions of the working cards in the Add Item list. I checked some of the not working cards such as Angel of Dawn for different versions and there weren't any.

Also, after adding equipment, you can sometimes see the change to the card in the deck manager while building. To add equipment to your champ, uncheck View Collected in the Equipment tab filters and drag the item to your hero slots.

I think it should be a useful test for most card text modifications. It would also indicate that Hex just isn't done making all of the equipment functional, rather than so much of the equipment being bugged. Let others know if the test works for you!

Also, here's where I was at with my now mostly useless compilation of the other thread of feedback on which equipment works.

Working

Timepiercing Javelin - Time Ripple - Weapon - Targeted card gets cost +2 instead.
Hawking Gloves - Phoenix Guard Messenger - Gloves - Cost -1.
Visage of Dark Manipulation - Eldritch Dreamer - Head - Double the socket effects.
Gardener's Hat - Chlorophyllia - Head - Cost -1.
Conflagration Handguards - Burn - Gloves - Burn deals 3.
Stink Boots - Stink Troll - Feet - When you play Wild card, +1/+1.
Dandelion Arm Guards - Crackling Sprout - Gloves - Gain 1 charge for each Crackling in your grave.
Darkspire Longblade - Darkspire Priestess - Weapon - Death trigger twice.
Accursed Jerkin - Darkspire Punisher - Chest - Death trigger twice.
Shadow Gloves - Darkspire Tyrant - Gloves - +1/+1 target Darkspire on enter.
Hood of the Darkspire - Darkspire Tyrant - Head - On death, put a random Darkspire in hand.
Sigil of the Bleeding Cut - Throat Cutter - Trinket - Exhaust: Destroy opponent with <=3 health.
Robes of Sublime Sacrifice - Shin'hare Eulogist - Chest - Each other troop gets "Sac -> Gain 2 life" this turn.
Headband of Inquisition - Time Ripple - Weapon -
Song of the Ancestors - Oracle Song - Trinket
Bramblebriar Helm - Briarpatch - Head
Wrathwood Mastermoss - Both Equips work
War Machinist's equipment to deal his damage to all opposing troops
Gront the Infinite: Dome of Extraction- Only opposing troops get -1atk/-1def
Maniacal Entreprenuer: Lunatic Kickers- Whenever you play a goblin this gets +1atk
Bloodsucker Helm - Giant Mosquito
Unstable Induction Rapier [Inductocopter]
Bog Walkers [Highland’s Magus]
Thunderstrike Chestguard [Thunderbird]
Benjamin’s Orb [Crackling Wit]
Adamanthian Scrivener's gloves
Sultry Shell [Heat Wave]
Conflagration Handguards
Helm of the Spawn [Crackling Rot]
Autumn Leaf [Constantina]
Vest of the Ruminant [Dream Stag]
Musky Leather Gloves [Dream Stag]
Ballroom Slippers [Queen Grace]
Battleborn Breastplate [Prince Talysen]
Zakiir (Gain 2 powers instead of 1 works, the other equip doesn't)
Wrenlocke (Both equips work)
Zeedu (Both equips work)
Hired Horn Sellsword (Both equips work)
ALL Mentors of the ____ (cost -1 on death equips)
Time Wave (put a Time Ripple in hand)
Wizard of the Silver Talon (make 2 Senators instead of 1)
Ushul (Both equipment work)
Brood Creeper (Both equipment work)
Brutal Commander (Both equipment work)
Breastplate of Bloody Tribute - Fang of the Mountain God (+2/+2 when your HP <=10)
Shamed Gladiator (draw on death)
Gortezuma, High Cleric (other unique Orcs +2/+2)
Furious Taskmaster (when other Orcs enter, they gain Rage 1)
Gore Thirster - Fury of the Mountain God (cost -1 when you are damaged, other equip doesn't work)
Crushing Blow (Orcs you control get +1/+0 this turn)

[b]Not Working

Tide Runners - Genesis Pool Naiad - Feet - +1 DEF.
Primal Dagger - Eye of Creation - Weapon - Speed on troops put into play.
Locket of the Elven Court - Eye of Creation - Trinket - Gain X health.
Midsummer Cloak - Puck, Dream Bringer - Chest - Reveal top 5 on enter, put a troop with cost 5+ in hand.
Dawnsword - Angel of Dawn - Weapon - If you have 5+ resources when this enters, next card in deck costs 0.
Divinity's Light - Angel of Dawn - Trinket - Gets "6 -> Play top card of your deck free."
Aegis of Oblivion - Dishonorable Death - Chest - Void all copies of target in all zones.
Patience - His Majesty, King Gabriel - Trinket - Cost 3 less.
Gladiator Helm - Arena Regular - Head - Deal 2 to opponent when you use charge power.
Good Ol' Boulder - Boulder Toss - Weapon - Double damage.
Mask of the Steel Assassin - Murder - Head - Rogues in hand get cost -1.
Grips of the End - Extinction - Gloves - Then, put a destroyed troop in your hand.
Spell Kickers - Inquisition - Feet - Then, if chosen card costs 1 or less, play for free.
Necklace of Many Deaths - Shin'hare Eulogist - Trinket - Gets keywords of all troops in graves if ATK >=7.
Boots of Change - Evolve - Feet - Also gets random keyword.
Samurai Kabuto - Hop'hiro - Head - When Hop'hiro damages opponent, +1/+1 your Shin'hare.
Porter's Gauntlets - Blood Bearer - Gloves - Also when opponent's troops die.
- Faith’s Grasp [Spearcliff Cloud Knight]
- Globe of Nightmares [Inner Conflict]
- Orb of Harmony [Genesis Naiad, both versions]
- Prosperous Tunic [Shrine of Prosperity]
- Mage Hands [Eldon’s Distress Signal]
- Oblivion’s Call [Infernal Professor]
- Feet of the Unending Plague [Relentless Corruption]
- Staff of the Conflagration [Ragefire]
- Hood of Breezes [Windbourne Acolyte AA]
- The Storm Fan [Cloudgazer]
- Sous Chef Slippers [Shiitake Chef]
- Feral Boots [Crash of Beasts]
- Cottontail Jitte [Cottontail Ronin]
- Helm of the Monarchy [Queensguard]
- Highland Embersoul [Prince Talysen]
- Belt of the Legion [Hero of Adamanth]

theghost32
02-06-2015, 01:54 PM
zoltog's helm does not work as well

PureVapes
02-06-2015, 03:48 PM
This method has worked for me so far. I went through the Auction House Add Item list and looked for Wild cards with multiple versions, then added the appropriate equipment and cards to my deck, and all were functional in game! Anyone else...?

zoltog's helm does not work as well

Not the point of this thread, I don't intend to keep up with functionality lists anymore unless AH list is shown to be ineffective.

PureVapes
02-07-2015, 12:08 PM
Did not have time to format, but updated with more working cards and some that should theoretically work just because those alternate versions exist in the AH list.

Stormlight
02-07-2015, 12:39 PM
However, this method is not foolproof. For example, Eldritch Dreamer has a working equipment that just says "Double the gem effect on this card" and there is no alternate version of that card in the AH Add Item list. I think it could still be a useful test for most card text modifications. It would also indicate that Hex just isn't done making all of the equipment functional, rather than so much of the equipment being bugged. Let others know if the test works for you!

Can anyone verify that Eldritch Dreamer equipment actually works? I know someone said that it did in the other thread (with an edit, I believe, that it worked with the draw gem but not the rhino gem), but in my deck I still only draw one card with the equipment and the draw gem... so your test may work even better than you thought. =)

poizonous
02-07-2015, 01:25 PM
Can anyone verify that Eldritch Dreamer equipment actually works? I know someone said that it did in the other thread (with an edit, I believe, that it worked with the draw gem but not the rhino gem), but in my deck I still only draw one card with the equipment and the draw gem... so your test may work even better than you thought. =)

I was the one that verified it working with draw gem, and it still works for me with draw gem but not any other gem, tested all gems

PureVapes
02-07-2015, 05:27 PM
I was the one that verified it working with draw gem, and it still works for me with draw gem but not any other gem, tested all gems

I just tested it and I'm only drawing one card with Eldritch Dreamer with equipment and Major Sapphire of Mind.