PDA

View Full Version : Competitive Play Base/HU/Crisis (1)/FE

destroth
02-11-2015, 08:41 PM
Me and my friends have been playing the game very often over the pass weeks. We have really enjoyed forever evil due to its game play being more variant in strategies. Such as:

1. A player can choose to VP farm
2. Go for deck thinning and rebuild deck
3. or go for high power card and hope you are lucky to draw a couple of good hands

Due to that we edited the FE deck to include cards from the previous sets while balancing it so that each Characters (including characters from previous sets) is playable. We have then played it for plenty more times and finally decided it was more balance, unless somebody get extremely lucky.

We also did a draft on a card a character can start with, quite similar to the variant which allow a Superhero Character to start with their own character where they can purchase at any time in the game. However, the card can only be a cost 2-3. Will further explain on this.

The deck consist of 112 cards (not to add to many to reduce the effectiveness of Royal Flush Gang)

Heroes:
Base:
Zatanna Zatara x 2
Mera x 2

HU:
Sonic Siren x 2
Daughter of Gotham x 2

Crisis(1):
Captain Atom
Animal Man x 2

FE:
Pandora
Firestorm
Amanda Waller x 2
Stargirl x 2
Dr. Light x 2
Steel x 2
Catwoman x 1
Vibe x 2
Commission Gordon x 1
Steve Trevor x 1

Villians:
Base:
Solomon Grundy
Bane x 2
Two-Face x 2

HU:
Larfleeze x 1
Granny Goodness x 1
Mr. Zsasz x 1
Manhunter x 6

FE:
Despero
Giganta x 2
The Blight x 2
Deathstorm
Man-Bat x 2
Atomica x 1
Grid x 2
Emperor Penguin x 2

Equipments:
Base:
Lasso of Truth x 2

HU:
Red, yellow, orange, green, indigo power rings
Batarang x 2
Legion flight ring x 2

Crisis:
Signature Trenchcoat x 2

FE:
Power Armor x 1
Firestorm Matrix x 2
Broadsword x 2
Cosmic Staff x 1
Secret Society x 2
Mallet x 2
Man-Bat Serum x 2
Sledgehammer x 1
Cold Gun x 1
Venom Injector x 1

Super Powers:
Base:
Bulletproof x 2

HU:
Teleportation x 1
Shazam! x 1
Power of the Green x 2
Whirlwind x 2

Crisis:
Magic x 1
Power of the Red x 2
Flight x 2

FE:
Bizarro x 2
Transmutation x 3
Power Drain x 2
Super Intellect x 2
Invulnerable x 1
Word of Power x 1

Locations:
HU:
New Genesis
Apokolips
Gotham City
Metropolis

Crisis:
The Rot

FE:
Earth-3

Superheroes/Supervillians (we play with 12)
Supervillians:
Ra's Al Ghul (Base)
Deathstroke (Base)
Helspont (HU)
Atrocitus (Base)
Mongul (HU)
The Anti-Monitor (Base)
Trigon (HU)

Superheroes:
GreenArrow (FE)
Green Lantern (FE)
Wonder Woman (FE)
Batman (FE)
Superman (FE)

In the draft mode,
1. the Players will ban a type of cost 2-4 card from being picked, the player who start last will do the 1st ban, followed by the player who goes before him/her and so on. For example, if a player ban batarang, all batarangs will be ban from picking.
2. then players will pick a cost 2-4 card to put it on their character so they can purchase it during anytime of the game.

Auto-banned: Deathstorm, The Blight, Mr. Zsasz, Amanda Waller, Secret Society, Green Arrow's Bow, Mallet, Man-Bat Serum, Super Intellect

There is a lot of reasoning on why certain cards were pick and certain not. Please feel free to ask and comment on this variant. For example, Mera, Giganta, and Zatanna cards were maintain to give a light advantage to Zatanna and Black Manta, Sonic Siren mainly for Starfire so she can destroy unwanted superpower in the line-up or anyone to destroy a 1-cost cards. Daughter of Gotham for Batgirl and Green Arrow, also can combo with Green Arrow superhero and helspont. Cards which allow a character to play another cards from other zone is reduce to not overpower characters like green lantern and animal man.

Lastly, in our version, Martian manhunter is played as, for every 2 villian + 2 and for every hero +2, instead of +3 each

MStreva89
02-20-2015, 08:13 AM
It's a neat concept destroth, but I'll be honest when I say that a Character like Harley Quinn or Booster Gold has a huge advantage here with the abundance of Defenses (15) and the lower number of Attacks (10). To be honest, I would whirlwind slam Booster Gold every time I played with that custom list just because of how powerful he would be, especially with the inclusion of Flight (Booster Gold dreams of having that card in his hand and getting attacked).

destroth
02-21-2015, 10:05 AM
Hey ya, there is 14 Atks , 5 global and 9 single targetted ... and actually the def isn't all that abundance ...

Taking HU set which is where booster gold was introduced ,

There is
4 katana
3 skeets
3 canary cry
2 forcefield
1 green power ring
2 helm of fate
= 15 defs

And in forever evil there is actually more than 15 defs , invulnerable , insanity, commission Gordon , man bat, star girl , cosmic staff , power armor = 17 defs

As for ATk
HU
There is
Mind control hat
Yellow power ring
2 black lantern corp
2 parasite
2 mr zsasz
2 deadshot
Total of 10 atks ....

In FE there is bizarro , construct of fear, power drain , broadsword, cat woman , dr light, and despero total of 13 atks

And again on the def , in FE half the def will actually end up making U lose a card from your hand .... So in case of Harley Quinn and booster gold they end up just replacing a def card with another card ... Which in case of booster gold could be worse since def card is a +1 power for him ... And in this deck the average power is about 2 ... So getting an additional plus 1 is critical ...

Def card that makes u discard a card without a replacement are such as man bat, commission Gordon, cosmic staff, invulnerable (most of the time vulnerability is the first card to be destroy .. And the chances of using vulnerable effectively is low) , then we also have insanity... Total up to 14 defs in FE that is just not that useful to booster gold
In this version I reduce the amount and increase more useful defs for booster gold ... Super speed, flight, bulletproof are a few that is really good for booster gold but yet again , who doesn't want those def? Maybe not flight but super speed and bulletproof is something I would fight for, they are usually bought the next round after they appeared in the line-up.

As for Harley Quinn she is indeed pretty strong especially when we actually allow her to draw a card when she discard a card even those triggered by location effect... And to be reminded that def against superheroes and Villians are not during any players turn and thus does not trigger her effect , making those def cards that does not ask you to redraw be kinda bad for her....

Whirlwind is indeed good for Harley Quinn, it's literally discard 4 and draw 5 ... But if you had previously destroy most of your useleS card , the probability to use whirlwind effectively is lowered when it is more likely that your current hand is decent enough for a redraw.

During the draft my fren in fact selected whirlwind card to begin with , but it is still slightly slower than other draw heroes... Cyborg who pick an equipment to start with, flash who picks a draw card, starfire who uses sonic siren to destroy unwanted super power on the line up

MStreva89
02-23-2015, 09:33 AM
I think the problem is that this game will still boast a larger showing from Booster Gold and Harley Quinn over most other Characters due to the nature of the build. I mean if it works for you, awesome, but to be honest it just pops out at me what I would pick.

As far as Forever Evil goes, trust me, Harley Quinn and Booster Gold and always banned in our games because they just completely overpower most other Characters with their free draws even when bad shit happens.

destroth
02-23-2015, 02:07 PM
I think the problem is that this game will still boast a larger showing from Booster Gold and Harley Quinn over most other Characters due to the nature of the build. I mean if it works for you, awesome, but to be honest it just pops out at me what I would pick.

As far as Forever Evil goes, trust me, Harley Quinn and Booster Gold and always banned in our games because they just completely overpower most other Characters with their free draws even when bad shit happens.

Well, my friend has not given up on booster gold after he had lost multiple times and he kinda beg me to increase the amount of defenses....

Reasons of losing:
1. We keep buying all the defenses
2. We usually count the defenses he has and all of us (the other players) will literally gang up on him when we notice that he probably ran out of def, we actually monitored his discard pile and count the def, or even if we knew he have one we wor take turns to ATk. That's what single targetted ATk are for! Team work! But when we see that he is losing, we let him go and start attacking one another.

But of coz he can be insanely crazy if he get lucky like hoarding every single def card that so happened to appear on the line up during his turn or manage to sonic siren another def into the line up.

And trust me if I can help it I will never let it get more than 2 def cards... Or if I have sonic siren I would just destroy the def if I can't buy it lol .... In forever evil really it's harder to stop them as there is just too many def that may not be worth buying, commission Gordon just give you a vp and you will end up discarding it and having one less card in your hand... Which is crappy, or invulnerable that after destroying all vulnerability, it is useless... Or insanity ... These few def are often left on the line up which make it available for booster gold and Harley Quinn to buy making them certainly more powerful .... But still, in this version most defenses are useful and ppl will generally buy them if they could.

MStreva89
02-24-2015, 06:47 AM
You know, I was looking at it in a 1v1 perspective. He definitely isn't a threat in multiplayer, Harley Quinn would still be though. I'm too used to 1v1s these days lol. I've played one multiplayer game in the past 4 months and that was this weekend as a 2v2 just to test our format in it. Reminded me how much I hate multiplayer lol.

destroth
02-24-2015, 09:29 AM
Yea haha ... We played 5 players today and for few round we actually played 6 players @.@ ... It's crazy... It's to the extend where it's not about the characters anymore... Just who lucky enough to get the right card haha... I do have to agree Harley Quinn is still awesome ^^ ...

aoineko
02-24-2015, 12:28 PM
You know, I was looking at it in a 1v1 perspective. He definitely isn't a threat in multiplayer, Harley Quinn would still be though. I'm too used to 1v1s these days lol. I've played one multiplayer game in the past 4 months and that was this weekend as a 2v2 just to test our format in it. Reminded me how much I hate multiplayer lol.

2v2 is the best format.

destroth
02-25-2015, 06:34 AM
I also like a 3 players game , is pretty balance and most of the elements of the game can be brought out pretty evenly

MStreva89
02-25-2015, 09:26 AM
2v2 is the best format.

The way we did 2v2 was fun, but I guess I'm just used to being the single responsible source for what happens in a game, not sharing it with a teammate.

We sat diagonally from our respective partner and did a draft clockwise (1:1:1:2: (reverse order) 1:1:1. Then we allowed up to 1 trade of Characters between partners so they could've picked a stronger Character but not intending to use it, rather their partner. Gotta say, Wonder Woman Crisis is definitely a thug on this game mode.