PDA

View Full Version : AI Misplays (Feb 12-14)

Axle
02-12-2015, 11:16 AM
This is a thread similar to the last. We post any obvious misplays by the AI.
Ex: such as killing their own troops for no reason, or buffing an opponent's troop for no reason

A new thread is created for the purpose of being filled with more up to date issues in the current test build. Reporting these will be very helpful to Chris Woods and other HEX staff.

Please list
---
1. AI Character
2. What the AI's mistake was
3. A screenshot of the scenario if possible
(To do so, upload to tinypic.com and then use the tags XXXXXXXXXX)
4. If no screenshot, list much as you can remember about the cards on the field when the mistake happened.

funktion
02-12-2015, 12:19 PM
1. Dragon Guard Stalwart
2. Had Righteous Paladin on board, didn't activate champion power and swing.

http://i57.tinypic.com/2n7qcmc.png

Stirred.Leaf
02-12-2015, 01:45 PM
1. Storm Cloud
2. Used its Charge Power for no reason. It had nothing on the board vs 3 troops of mine, then chose to exhaust the biggest one and play Cloud titan. Next turn, said exhausted troop came up and I was able to swing for game. It might have had a reasoning behind it because I had game-ending damage on the board, but ideally it should hold that power in case I mess it up, right?

Darimir
02-12-2015, 02:15 PM
Moon'ariu sensei

didn't tunnel obviously good cards for tunnelling, then played a second Monsuun while the one on the board had 5/2. Obviously since it's a Unique troop the one on board went to the graveyard.

http://i61.tinypic.com/dlj42a.jpg

spankydonkey
02-12-2015, 03:31 PM
Storm Cloud:
1: Using he's charge power on one of my troops when he had nothing on the board to attack with.
2: Not blocking one of my 5-5 Briars with he's messenger, to prevent damage, he had 15 life & draw a card.
3: Swung with messenger on he's turn for 1 damage, did not play a card of any sort & lost on my turn to my two 5-5 Briars!

FlyingMeatchip
02-12-2015, 03:54 PM
Ill try the screenshot next time....was always too big before. The AI seems smarter this time around. It still seems a bit of a Potato Head when it comes to Killipede. Now it's blocking it but when there are other troops attacking during combat the AI doesnt block the Killipede for the 2nd time and opts to block the attacker that it is able to block and kill.

Axle
02-12-2015, 04:24 PM
1. Nelebrin Scout
2. Played an Eye of Creation without spending any resources on the effect (Two turns in a row!).
2b. On another note, it isn't using it's charge power at all against my full field.
http://i.imgur.com/hYRwTTg.jpg

------------

1. Eldritch Dreamer
2. Used Buccaneer on it's own Ancestral Chosen.
http://i.imgur.com/fo6CdK8.jpg
(Picture 2 has Ancestral Chosen played again next turn: http://i.imgur.com/xxklorp.jpg)

Mike411
02-12-2015, 05:53 PM
AI used Kog'tepetl's Thirst to try to kill my troop, but I had dwarven armory on the board, it should've known I could've used that to keep it alive. Game state afterwards below (although the troop didn't have lifegain at the time)

http://i.imgur.com/f6Oy8ik.jpg

Estar1
02-12-2015, 06:10 PM
Spam Bot
1: Plays Reactor Bot on turn 3 followed by charge bot. Should of saved charge bot for the next turn

Mike411
02-12-2015, 06:20 PM
He chose not to attack with a rage 2 troop for no conceivable reason.

http://i.imgur.com/S3MVYQ4.jpg

Edit: Probably the reason is he is programmed to not attack with a 0 attack troop and isn't taking rage into account.

Armies
02-12-2015, 06:39 PM
Eternal guardian Pumped his mistborn wendigo until it died

Roy_G
02-12-2015, 07:06 PM
The AI attacked into 3/1 mentor of oakenhedge and VK with charge bot and malfunctioning warbot.No tricks in hand.

Also he is playing troops and brings his resources to zero before attacking.

bwarner
02-12-2015, 07:43 PM
Eldritch Dreamer user his charge power on a Bird O Plenty, which seems pretty unlikely to do damage to the opposing champion.

Roy_G
02-12-2015, 09:04 PM
Doesn't block killipede at all sometimes.

The palain of nagaan doesn't use his charge power.And later it becomes too late when it's losing.

Axle
02-13-2015, 12:06 AM
1. Uruunaz
2. After I buccaneer'd his 4 cost pve card (rage/lifedrain), he stopped playing cards except the two terrible transfers. Even discarded cards he could play. I won the game with him playing no cards after.
http://i.imgur.com/1EB6ksN.jpg

Estar1
02-13-2015, 05:06 AM
Malice Demon:
Uses his charge power to return a ruby pyromancer with 0 defense (due to zareds charge ability) to play wasting his charges.

Steps to repeat: bring his first creature to 0 defense permanently and watch him try to try to reanimate it with his charge power.

Roy_G
02-13-2015, 05:34 AM
Seaweed behemoth sacrifices strom clouds with 0 charges.Also doesn't use charge power.

bwarner
02-13-2015, 05:47 AM
I had an Eldritch Dreamer and a Buccaneer in play, and 6 life. The opponent had 2 life and no troops. He first played a Burn on the Dreamer. Then he played a Crackling Bolt on the Dreamer, which I countered. Finally he played a Mortar Strike on the Dreamer to finish it off.

While the Dreamer is definitely the bigger target, he should've opened with the Bolt. That way his three spells would've still been able to take out the two troops.

poptasticboy
02-13-2015, 06:02 AM
Bunjitzu. AI (as Uzume) played Bunjitsu (twice) with no other creatures in play and thus it sacrificed itself.

desenquisse
02-13-2015, 06:46 AM
Eldritch Dreamer played a Bucaneer and used the ability on one of his own creatures, even when I had two troops out.

Caruso
02-13-2015, 09:57 AM
Emberspire Witch: Should have used Heat Wave when I had 3 killable creatures on board. instead it used Crackling Bolt on 1 creature and burn to the ground on another, which was even not damaged by bttg

Caruso
02-13-2015, 10:01 AM
Eldritch Dreamer: Used Hero ability on a 0/1 Ancestors Chosen

poptasticboy
02-13-2015, 10:21 AM
1. Princess cory
2. AI had 2 Sniper Towers in play. I had a number of 4 toughness troops, but the AI did not use the Sniper Towers to kill them.

poptasticboy
02-13-2015, 10:22 AM
1. Princess Cory
2. AI Played Storm Cloud then immediately sacrificed it when it didn't have any counters.

poptasticboy
02-13-2015, 10:23 AM
1. Nelebrin Scout
2. AI had 6 resources, but it played Eye of Creation with X as 0 and then nothing else.

Caruso
02-13-2015, 10:32 AM
Eldritch Dreamer: Used Time Wave on just 1 (instead of 2) creature

filipcic
02-13-2015, 01:06 PM
Blood sphinx champion had in play Salt harpy with rage 1 (0/3). I didn't have any fliers, but it didn't attack. Still doesn't understand rage ability.

filipcic
02-13-2015, 01:30 PM
Avalanche GIant used the ability (+2/+2) on the troll he played this turn, even though the troll couldn't attack

Mike411
02-13-2015, 02:05 PM
AI used Kog'tepetl's Thirst to try to kill my troop, but I had dwarven armory on the board, it should've known I could've used that to keep it alive. Game state afterwards below (although the troop didn't have lifegain at the time)

http://i.imgur.com/f6Oy8ik.jpg

Similar to the above, it's also not taking into account Sapper's Charge on the board in a similar situation.

Fred
02-13-2015, 02:10 PM
Champion: Storm Cloud

I had no troops in play, he proceeded to attack with his Field Tactician. I play Surprise Runt Gang and block him. During his second main phase, he uses his charge power to exhaust a Battle Hopper, which is useless.

Fred
02-13-2015, 02:14 PM
Champion: Storm Cloud

I have a bunch of battle hoppers in play and a Nori which is 5/3. Storm Cloud uses his champion power to exhaust a Battle Hopper rather than my Nori, so now he can't attack me efficiently.

Mike411
02-13-2015, 02:28 PM
Uzume plays Necrophage Sensei while having no troops in the graveyard (so it dies instantly)

Mike411
02-13-2015, 02:49 PM
Eldritch Dreamer could have won by using Time Wave on my two ready troops. Instead he used it on only one troop of mine, an exhausted one, just because it had good stats.

Philomorph
02-13-2015, 02:52 PM
Princess Cory:
Played a Storm Cloud, then immediately activated it, getting no stormlings

Ruby Enchantress:
Played Dwarven Ballistics Training on my troop (he was the only one in play). It then immediately played a troop of its own.
The bonus dumb is that my troop had lifedrain, so I used it to plink her troops and gain myself some life.

seaweed behemoth:
Failed to block my Corrupt Harvester that has 5/5 (and lifedrain), even with a simple artifact like charge bot. He only has 10 life at the time and I have an unblockable Eldritch Dreamer in play now (which is also at 5/5), so no hope of not dying next turn now. But he lets it go and loses.

Sniper of Gawaine:
Attacked full out to kill me, I blocked his 3/3 with my 3/3, and he played Heroic Inspiration on his attacking troop, and it let him. No bonus was granted, but he shouldn't have been able to target it, right?

Also, he repeatedly attacked me with creatures that would die against the rocks of my pumped up corrupt harvesters (5/5 lifedrain) while sitting with two burns and an inner conflict in his hand. Basically he'd spend all his mana on monsters instead of using even cheap stuff to knock mine down.

blood sphinx:
Blocked lethal giant mosquito with salt harpy that had power of zero. Maybe it didn't understand the lethal tag it got from my equipment? The game had just started and I had no other monsters, so he should have let the mosquito through then attacked with the harpy, getting her rage bonus.

Roy_G
02-13-2015, 02:59 PM
The EG played misborn wendigo and took his health down to -1.Than he had 1 health and played shamed gladiator and I won the match.

Played the dragon guard and he held inner conflict in his hand while I had VK attacking him for a few rounds.Played it when it was too late,

Mike411
02-13-2015, 03:03 PM
AI didn't recognize I had lethal on the board with the Sapper's Charges and refused to block:

http://i.imgur.com/lKWi8PL.jpg

Mike411
02-13-2015, 03:32 PM
Sniper activated his power and then played Ruby Enchantress. Somehow the Enchantress still got speed, but didn't get +1/+1 (the lack of +1/+1 is correct. He should have played Ruby Enchantress before charge power activation)

http://i.imgur.com/DMG5yLr.jpg

Edit: Also when assigning damage, he chose to not kill any troop. (I blocked with both troops)

Morgant
02-13-2015, 03:45 PM
Eurig, Robomancer.
Had 4 Sapphire threshold, saw he had ruby card in hand with discard effect, plus sapphire/ruby charge power. Plays Shard of Innovation, choose Sapphire, leaving him unable to use charge power etc.

Later within the same game, he has 6 construction plans on board, single Gearsmith. I go into declare attackers, he attempts to activate hornet bot plans by tapping the gear smith. Cancels out without tapping Gearsmith, I pass priority to go back into declare attackers and he activates hornet bot plans again. Infinite loop of the above.

BlackRoger
02-13-2015, 04:03 PM
AI Zoltog plays crushing blow on his defending troop ?!
The spell did not do anything (probably since the target was invalid)

Mike411
02-13-2015, 04:14 PM
AI using Gore feast of kog'tepetl on second main phase (so it's less effective)

http://i.imgur.com/Q8YVhnX.jpg

Mike411
02-13-2015, 04:24 PM
AI used burn on ingenious engineer after I declared it as an attacker, I ended up playing pterobot on second main phase and ending my turn, the burn was pointless.

http://i.imgur.com/eVMeAaQ.jpg

Mike411
02-13-2015, 05:03 PM
AI ignored unique status of Xocoy, High Cleric and played another one, killing the original for no benefit.

http://i.imgur.com/Fnm417x.jpg

BlindMan
02-13-2015, 08:38 PM
Hero of Adamanth played Exalted Victory with no troops in play.

Renquist
02-13-2015, 08:53 PM
Turn 1

Ballistics Expert played a Construction Foreman played with no bot to construct.

then on turn 2 played a charge bot....

BlindMan
02-13-2015, 09:57 PM
Ballistics expert used his charge power on a charge bot and attacked with it for 1 damage instead of pinging me with it for 2 damage with his passive ability.

Halcyonn
02-14-2015, 02:38 AM
(Some of these might be redundant)

Seaweed Behemoth automatically sacrifices Storm Cloud with 0 counters

Ballistics Dwarf will use construct foreman on Forge of Cadoc to turn it into a Warbot, but Warbot retains Forge of Cadoc's exhaust ability. He also doesn't attack with it.

Warbot plays artifacts post combat when it has rector bots in play that would get buffed from the charge gain.

Champions in general don't seem to be able to understand Eternal Guardian's effect; they swing in doing no damage every turn.

AI (LOKKING AT YOU EURIG) still goes into an endless loop when activating construction plans of any kind. This is infuriating. Honestly, if it weren't for this bug, I think that the Arena would be practically ready from my experience today.

Blood Sphinx: Used Murder on Fist of Briggadon (Invincible troop)

Soothing Song Challenge: Claims that my opponent drew 2 cards and gained 7 health, but instead gave me an ivory pawn.

King Gabrial: Plays two copies of Palamedes on the same turn (Unique troop)

Edswor
02-14-2015, 02:56 AM
Champion: Sniper of Gawaine
I'm at 4 health with all my troops exhausted. He has two 1/2 royal falcon ready to attack and he used burn to kill one of my troops instead of targeting me to win the match.

velk
02-14-2015, 03:10 AM
Command tower challenge appeared to give me a second combat turn instead of giving my opponent a command tower.

AI doesn't appear to understand living totems and will fall for a 'pump' combat trick every time ( e.g. block a 2/2 totem with an x/2 troop even though 3 mana held is obviously going to put it to 3/3 or give it swiftstrike )

Doesn't seem to understand soul marble either and will line up a whole bunch of what will immediately be suicide blocks when it transforms.

Stirred.Leaf
02-14-2015, 05:34 AM
Hero of Adamanth played Exalted Victory with no troops in play.

Hero of Adamanth also plays Exalted Victory in Main Phase 2, proceeding to end the turn.

Naldek
02-14-2015, 06:57 AM
Seaweed Behemoth had an Eternal Drifter in play with the charge power to pay 2 health to draw a card. He also had two talisman of vitae in play. Meaning activating the charge power would give him 6 health and let him draw a card. Despite that, he attacked with the eternal drifter before using the charge power.

After drawing a Bellow of Briggadon, Seaweed Behemoth used his Eternal Drifter to send all troops back to my hand while I had none before playing his Bellow.

BlindMan
02-14-2015, 11:34 AM
Avenging Angel blocked living totem with highlands shinobi while I had the resources to pump totem to 3/3 and kill it. He played no trick to prevent that.

filipcic
02-14-2015, 11:47 AM
Mentor of the grave likes pumping the blood savant, even if he doesn't attack with it later on.

BlindMan
02-14-2015, 11:57 AM
Eldritch Dreamer cast Time Wave targeting only one of my troops.

http://i59.tinypic.com/2dk02zc.jpg

Stok3d
02-14-2015, 02:22 PM
On opponents turn, he proceeded to cast 2x Burn to the Ground that did 0 dmg and then casted a heat wave. The Heat Wave killed my Azurefate and Hornet Bot that were in play.

http://i57.tinypic.com/35bs6qc.png

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 04:09 PM
Not a misplay, but Emberspire Witch froze up mid-game.2956

Stok3d
02-14-2015, 04:25 PM
The opponent 'Malice Demon' used his charge power on a creature that had 0 Def.

Edit: Next turn he cast swiftstrike on a guy with -1 attack. Malice demon doesn't seem to take into account troop modified stats when making decisions.

http://i61.tinypic.com/5ezo7a.png

hammer
02-14-2015, 04:30 PM
Didn't Screen this one but its worth reporting I guess.

The AI swung all in for an attack and I blocked so that I would survive with one life remaining. I had 0/6 resources and after blocking the AI played ruby arua. He targeted a blocked troop to save it from combat and kill my blocking troop (normally a timely and smart play) but on this occasion the additional one damage was more important and had he targeted an unblocked troop he would have won the game. I survived the attack with 1 HP and went onto win the game.

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 05:19 PM
Eternal Guardian.

Popped out a Mistborn wendigo, then on the next turn spent 2, then 2 mana to make it 5/1 instead of 1/5. Then played azurefate Sorceress, then skipped his own attack turn. The windigo promptly reverted to 1/5.

Stok3d
02-14-2015, 05:21 PM
Buccaneer was cast on opponents turn with the board as shown below. AI choice to bounce the buccaneer back into his hand.

http://i59.tinypic.com/35jea8k.png

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 05:30 PM
Avalanche Giant:

Uses Crash of Beasts, creates a rhino that cannot attack this turn. Promptly uses charge power on rhino (+2/+2 for this turn only), rhino reverts back to 3/3. Waste of charge.

Incindium
02-14-2015, 05:34 PM
AI doesn't seem to take in account double damage or maybe doesn't want lose troops even if it means it'll die. Multiple times I've swung in with double damage troops and won because it decided not to block my troops.

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 05:35 PM
Wild Root Dancer:

Played Oath of Valor with no troops on the board... defeating the purpose of the card.

Also, not sure if it is a bug but Angel of Dawn doesn't auto-play if it is the first card you draw in the game.

I.E. draw hands. AI goes, plays a shard, it is now my turn, I draw AoD, it goes into my hand but not onto the board. This happened vs Nelebrin Scout in the Arena.

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 05:52 PM
Nelebrin Scout:

Played Eye of Creation... but nothing happened. It had 8/8 mana, and I think only used 3 mana on the Eye of Creation. Could have easily used more. It went right into the graveyard having done nothing.

Stok3d
02-14-2015, 05:54 PM
Storm Cloud cast and immediately sac'd with no triggers.

http://i61.tinypic.com/29v12mu.png

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 05:59 PM
Darkspire Enforcer:

He plays a Marzat Ranger (0/1 rage:1) on turn 1. I have no troops to block. He skips his attack phase in the next round (I still have no troops to block). I think it is not interpreting the rage mechanic properly, and believing the 0 attack is all the card can do.

Edit: Round 3, it plays a 3rd shard and shamed gladiator. I still have no blockers. It skips its attack phase again.2958

For funsies on Round 5 or 6 I used Zared's charge power on his Gortezuma. Making it a 0/2.

It never attacked with the Goretzuma, again, not able to interpret Rage properly if the atk is 0.2959

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 06:28 PM
Princess Cory:

Not sure if intentional, but he had his Chaotic Conjuring constant out. I used Solitary Exile on it, putting it in the box.

He then used his charge power to transform my Solitary Exile into a Blaze Elemental (speed 3/1 that dies at the end of the round). This made a nice 3/1 troop out of my Solitary Exile, and also failed to free his card from the box when my new blaze elemental died.

He then played a Buccanneer on my Giant Corpse Fly, allowing me to replay it (cost 4 of course) to winnow another card from his hand. He then attacked with his buccanneer on his next turn, and i blocked with my fly, leaving him troopless.

Toward mid game he used his charge power on my Angel of Dawn, transforming it into a 2 cost Soul Armaments: I don't understand how a 5 cost troop becomes a 2 cost constant.2961

I attacked with my vampire king, and he didn't have any troop cards in hand, but he did have a Solitary Exile. He didn't play it, despite having plenty of threshold and mana. So there is a bug there too. (I forgot to SS the solitary as I was sure he was going to play it, here is the board state with him having it, it is one of the 2 cards in his hand: 2962

Overall a fun fight, i nearly crapped my pants when he started out with all 5 thresholds, until I realized he didn't have any resources of course!

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 06:36 PM
Eldritch Dreamer:

Will continually use charge power on same unit, even when the unit has literally 0 attack:2963

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 06:55 PM
Blood Sphinx.

I had 3 cards in my hand. Shard, Shard, Murder. It plays Inquisition and gets rid of my murder, now I have 2 cards in hand. It promptly plays its charge power and brings the Inquisition back in to its hand. Then it plays it immediately, and naturally this replayed Inquisition is useless as I only had the 2 shards left which it cannot target with Inquisition.

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 07:18 PM
Malice Demon.

The charge power is to resurrect a card, give it haste, and then it dies at end of turn. It had lots of cards to pick from that would inspire, but it continually picked the 0/2 Blademaster instead of something that actually had a positive attack value. Again, not understanding that it was a 0 atk troop, I think.

Mike411
02-14-2015, 07:26 PM
Eldritch Dreamer enjoys using buccaneer's effect on itself, multiple times:

http://i.imgur.com/2x3dsae.jpg

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 07:41 PM
Hero of Adamanth:

Used Exalted victory after his attack phase.

Also, don't have SS of this one but I double blocked his heavily-inspired mirror knight and he chose to kill my Giant Corpse Fly instead of my Vampire King. Seems like at a minimum the AI should want to kill off rarer cards.

Audens
02-14-2015, 08:04 PM
Storm Cloud used its ability to exhaust my Technical Genius even though it had no troops to attack with. I didn't have anything on the board with an exhaust effect.
Malice Demon used its power to bring back a Mazat Spearman with Rage 2 instead of an otherwise identical one that had Rage 4 because he had played Incite Fury on it. He also used it right before playing an Elite Pyromancer (wouldn't have inspired it due to the cost, but might want to look into if it's checking for these things) and didn't attack with it after bringing it back.
King Gabriel used an uncommon resource and a Shard of Fate to give himself more diamond threshold even though he had 2 diamond threshold and no other thresholds.
The AI (Emberspire Witch) used two Burns on my 3/5 during my turn, even though it had taken no damage. Based on the next couple turns, I think it had a Burn to the Ground and a Heat Wave in hand, and it had the open resources to play either, so I think it may have planned to use one of those to finish the 3/5 without taking into account that they're basic actions and thus can't be played on my turn.
The AI (Malice Demon) used a 0/1 to block my War Hulk, which has crush, instead of to block a 2/1 without crush, which would have prevented more damage.
The AI generally doesn't seem to take into account Sapper's Charge and Dwarven Turbine. For example, it will double block in an attempt to trade, when Sapper's can be used to keep your troop alive. It will also attack with troops that can be killed by an exhausted troop, not realizing that Dwarven Turbine can be used to ready them.

Incindium
02-14-2015, 08:33 PM
War Bot untapped his Droo's Walker dropping himself to 2 health which allowed me to kill him with my falcons next turn.

Seaweed Behemoth played Storm Cloud then sacrificed it the same turn.

Hero of Adamanth play Exalted Victory with no troops on the board.

silverlocke
02-14-2015, 09:05 PM
Eternal Guardian:

Had a mistborn wendigo, and used its power 4 times making it into a 7/-1, killing it.

baelnorn
02-15-2015, 05:44 AM
The AI relentlessly pumps the Living Totem even if is disabled (with Inner Conflict).
Each turn he spend all his resources to give him +1/+1 although he gets no benefit out of it.

Oh and a visual bug (maybe was just in my case) : the artwork for Surprise Runt Gang was wrong it was the one from Runts of the Litter

But on the positive side I noticed many improvements (for example Chimes of the Zodiac is working properly now)

http://s2.postimg.org/w0xkoi06f/ai_misplay.png

funktion
02-20-2015, 12:44 AM
Seaweed behemoth:
-Ai played storm cloud then promptly sacced it before playing any shards

Gwaer
02-20-2015, 02:52 AM
AI doesn't seem to properly prioritize killipede when they are toxified, and going to lose from not blocking.

yoyogod
02-20-2015, 09:51 AM
Malice Demon:

AI kept trying to revive a Hired Horn Sellsword whose defense had been reduced to zero by crackling rot.

DataDragon
02-20-2015, 11:44 AM
We should probably have a new one of these created, as this is a new test server build with some of the AI issues tweaked.