PDA

View Full Version : New draw phase animation vs Streamer Card Blocking

Axle
02-12-2015, 12:22 PM
New draw phase animation screws over card blockers as they would have to block the game field too with how high the card goes. People could blank their screen before every draw phase but that's silly. I doubt many people will keep streaming the game during tournaments if it's going to lower their odds of winning with such a high reward.

http://i.imgur.com/C7FuviT.jpg

Edswor
02-12-2015, 12:34 PM
But, but ... they are so cool ;) .

I suppose they can add a check to "remove" this animation so you get the draw card directly in your hand.

Yoss
02-12-2015, 02:50 PM
I'd like the best experience possible please. If the animation is awesome, I'd like to keep it. (I haven't seen it yet.) Having special options for streamers is fine, but please do not dumb down or restrict your UI design just for the sake of streamers.

Axle
02-12-2015, 02:56 PM
except that the streamers are free advertising (something hex needs) and screwing them over is a really poor decision. Especially since it's a really unimportant to the grand scheme of things draw animation that doesn't really earn them a single penny compared to people who actually show new players their game and get them interested.

This is mostly for community run tournaments with higher stakes. No one card blocks during 8 mans.

hacky
02-12-2015, 02:58 PM
Animation is awesome and should stay, but please give us the option for a discreet draw animation too. <3

Stoutheart
02-12-2015, 03:07 PM
Axle,

Do not fret. There will be an option to turn the draw animation off for streamers. It will, however, be on by default for those who wish to have all the animations.:D

israel.kendall
02-12-2015, 03:25 PM
Axle,

Do not fret. There will be an option to turn the draw animation off for streamers. It will, however, be on by default for those who wish to have all the animations.:D

These guys have already thought of it, nice!

Mejis
02-12-2015, 04:47 PM
And fyi the draw animation is amazing!!

Yoss
02-12-2015, 05:04 PM
except that the streamers are free advertising (something hex needs) and screwing them over is a really poor decision. Especially since it's a really unimportant to the grand scheme of things draw animation that doesn't really earn them a single penny compared to people who actually show new players their game and get them interested.

This is mostly for community run tournaments with higher stakes. No one card blocks during 8 mans.

To be clear, I am not saying "screw streamers". I am aware that such acitivity is benficial to the game. What I'm saying is that while both are important, the user experience is more important. From the orange post above this, it's clear that Hex will be taking care of both, so we're good. :)

Deathfog
02-12-2015, 10:56 PM
More likely to get an optional 'streamer' UI option later on than adapting to a handful of people or perhaps only 1 or 2, who want to stream but hide their hand.

Deckofmanythings
02-13-2015, 09:43 AM
Axle,

Um, while you're there can you add an option for streamers to turn off getting byes, wherein they only get a random bye if every player in the tournament who qualified for a bye also selected turn off byes.

Yoss
02-13-2015, 11:03 AM
Um, while you're there can you add an option for streamers to turn off getting byes, wherein they only get a random bye if every player in the tournament who qualified for a bye also selected turn off byes.

I like that idea. More byes for me!

Axle
02-14-2015, 12:08 PM
More likely to get an optional 'streamer' UI option later on than adapting to a handful of people or perhaps only 1 or 2, who want to stream but hide their hand.

http://i.imgur.com/MqO0clv.png

Yeah..1 or 2...(hacky cardblock is random cards)

ossuary
02-14-2015, 04:28 PM
You know it's the internet when people still feel the need to argue over points that have already been proven to be moot. ;) :p

Axle
02-14-2015, 07:22 PM
Could be worse. I could have necro'd the cmk thread.