PDA

View Full Version : Are cards played by the Arena commander guy supposed to be owned by your opponent?

Philomorph
02-13-2015, 02:43 PM
Time Ripple puts an arena cast constant into the AI's hand, even though it apparently "came from" the arena master, not my opponent. Is this working as intended? If so, you need to change the way it's presented, since it sounds like the fiction has it coming from the Frost King dude, not the other player.

sukebe
02-13-2015, 02:57 PM
it came from the arena master, but it was given to your opponent. therefore it is the AIs card and will be treated as such :-)

Philomorph
02-13-2015, 03:01 PM
it came from the arena master, but it was given to your opponent. therefore it is the AIs card and will be treated as such :-)

Some of them this is obvious, like when he says "I'm giving your opponent a boost" or something. But sometimes he just indicates he wants to mess with things, and plays a card that affects both equally. If that's the way it's supposed to be then I guess it's just an editing issue for the fiction / dialog writers.

wolzarg
02-13-2015, 05:18 PM
Okay it instead goes back to the arena master who plays if for free the next turn happy? >.>

meowstef
02-13-2015, 06:35 PM
so my question is arena brawlers that you start a boss fight with i'm guessing those would go into your hand if returned with time ripple or the like if so i do not see a problem

Zurai
02-13-2015, 06:35 PM
Time Ripple doesn't care who the owner of a card is, it cares who the controller is. Time Ripple always returns the card to its controller's hand, even if the controller and owner aren't the same. For example, if you use Relentless Corruption to steal cards from the opponent's deck, then play a troop stolen that way, then the opponent Time Ripples it, it goes to your hand, not theirs.

EDIT: In fact, I do not believe there are any cards currently in Hex which care about the owner of the card.