PDA

View Full Version : Tournament and Arena?

ThomasHunter
02-14-2015, 12:32 PM
I appear to be in the queue for the tournament (the blue spinner is now gone). Is there a way to play in the Arena while in the tournament queue?

WWKnight
02-14-2015, 12:40 PM
No. Tournament has started.

However, I never got taken to deck creation screen. So looks like im in for a 150 card deck.

Menoske
02-14-2015, 12:42 PM
I didn't think the tournament was supposed to start for another 10-20 minutes

tolroe
02-14-2015, 12:42 PM
I'm unable to get in to the client, stuck at the loading screen for 10+ minutes every time I've tried this morning.

Hexgo
02-14-2015, 12:43 PM

However, I never got taken to deck creation screen. So looks like im in for a 150 card deck.

Oh, ok.

I couldn't even login in into the game. Think I can stop trying that then too. So much for that :confused:

Lukezors
02-14-2015, 12:44 PM
I'm on the blue wheel right now, how long were people waiting?

vickrpg
02-14-2015, 12:44 PM
Alrerady started? it shouldn't be for another 27 minutes. Not that it matters, since I've been stuck at laoding data all morning.

Zophie
02-14-2015, 12:46 PM
I was signed up then my client closed and when I try to log back in I just get stuck at Loading Data and it never finishes loading.... :(

CrystalShard
"Loading Data" just took ages (about 15 mins or so), I am however now stuck on the blue wheel.

Well, finally I know what "Blue Wheel" means. There's 400+ people in the tournament, apparently too much for the server?

chromus
Yup, stuck at loading screen...

Menoske
02-14-2015, 12:47 PM
I was signed up then my client closed and when I try to log back in I just get a slow loading bar that never finishes loading.... :(

I think that's whats going on with me, I signed up earlier and then left the Q because I was trying to test some other stuff out. Everytime I logged back in it would bring me to the tournament Q and now I'm on a loading bar that never finishes loading

ThomasHunter
It may have taken a total of 7 or 8 minutes to get into the tournament. I seem to be there, but there isn't a list of names (should there be?).

ylhos
Started already? Thought not until another 15 minutes or so. Looks like waking at 3:30 AM was a total waste :(

Autzen
02-14-2015, 12:48 PM
Alrerady started? it shouldn't be for another 27 minutes. Not that it matters, since I've been stuck at laoding data all morning.

So I loaded an hour ago, joined tournament, and left the client running to avoid this sort of situation. 20 minutes ago, client locked and I had to force end the program. Now I'm stuck on loading data, and from this thread and others it sounds like the tournament has already started. Glad I cancelled all my plans this weekend after this one was pushed from last weekend...

Daer
Trying to log in but I'm stuck at Loading Data forever. I was playing fine earlier this morning, even thought there was a lot of lag even then.

EntropyBall
I'm stuck at loading data. Guess I shouldn't have relogged when I was stuck at the spinning blue wheel. Though the tournament lobby didn't show that the tourney had started. It said it was starting at 11:55.

ghulzen
02-14-2015, 12:49 PM
Was wondering why there are only 425 people in tourney. Apparently lot of people having issues connecting.

vickrpg
02-14-2015, 12:51 PM

Incorrect, don't know why you said it started, but after my 45min+ loading time, I saw it still in queue. don't spread misinformation.

So I loaded an hour ago, joined tournament, and left the client running to avoid this sort of situation. 20 minutes ago, client locked and I had to force end the program. Now I'm stuck on loading data, and from this thread and others it sounds like the tournament has already started. Glad I cancelled all my plans this weekend after this one was pushed from last weekend...
Yeah, I've not been able to log in almost at all and I've been trying for aprox 5 hours, to avoid what is happening right now. Finally got past loading data, now at blue spinning wheel. I can see over 430 players in queue though

HaemishM
02-14-2015, 12:52 PM
I can't even get into the test server - it's just stuck at "Loading Data" for the last 15 minutes.

Never mind, I got in, now trying to get into the tourney.

bleeding_warrior
02-14-2015, 12:52 PM
Stuck at loading data as well... Been trying for the past 20 min

Halsey
02-14-2015, 12:53 PM
Yeah, been on loading data for over 20 minutes, keeping my fingers crossed that I'll make it in time, but not betting on it at this point. Oh well, worse case I should be able to get in and play some arena later this afternoon.

EntropyBall
02-14-2015, 12:54 PM
I tried to join about an hour and half ago to avoid this, but the tournament wasn't up, so I went to take a quick nap. Not sure why they waited so long to open it. The VIP tournaments go up well in advance.

Rapierian
02-14-2015, 12:54 PM
I'm unable to get in to the client, stuck at the loading screen for 10+ minutes every time I've tried this morning.

Myself as well. Account name Abhorsen.

Daer
02-14-2015, 12:55 PM
When I was logged in earlier the start time was 11:55 am PST so unless you get in the game in the next 30 secs or so you are out of luck.

EDIT: Assuming it starts correctly, which lets be honest is doubtful.

Menoske
02-14-2015, 12:57 PM
Hopefully my signup from earlier still holds...my loading bar is almost completely fully now...hopefully ill load in shortly

HaemishM
02-14-2015, 12:59 PM
Blue spinning wheel trying to join the tourney. I managed to get in with like a minute to spare (about 1:54 pm) but it doesn't seem to want to put me into the tourney.

Cephied
I'm stuck on the blue spinning circle for the past 15 minutes after clicking register.

Edit: Loaded into the lobby now and do see my name in the list 13 minutes past the start time.

Vengus
I doubt that this tournament is going to fire. Most will probably get stuck when it has to load the deck building screen.

vulture27
Hopefully my signup from earlier still holds...my loading bar is almost completely fully now...hopefully ill load in shortly

I'm sitting with a full loading bar and it still wont let me in.

Kami
02-14-2015, 01:00 PM
447 Players Registered at the moment.

I'm doubtful it will fire. But hey, that's the point of stress load testing. :)

Autzen
02-14-2015, 01:01 PM
As a kickstarter backer, I've been here since the beginning. I've enjoyed my time in this game and feel I've been pretty laid back considering the timelines, bugs, "beta is beta" etc. But I'm seriously getting to the point where doubt is overtaking optimism for this game. It's beginning to feel like they have a great idea/concept but are just utterly unable to execute on it. Yes, this is a "I'm frustrated" post. I hope I have the willpower to continue following this game, but at this point I've almost written off my KS pledge (and money spent in-client) as money that could/should have been spent elsewhere. I want this game to succeed so bad, but it's getting harder and harder to believe.

Beowolve
02-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Looks like the Tournament isn't going to fire. Was supposed to 5 minutes ago still sitting in waiting room.

ylhos
02-14-2015, 01:02 PM
Got in right on the dot of scheduled time. Stuck at with blue loading whilst trying to enter the tournament listings.

Fleischgel
02-14-2015, 01:04 PM
The Tournament seems not to fire. It should be 8 minutes ago, but still sitting in the lobby.

IndigoShade
02-14-2015, 01:04 PM
Got in right on the dot of scheduled time. Stuck at with blue loading whilst trying to enter the tournament listings.

It doesn't appear to be firing anyway. I don't think you missed out on anything.

ylhos
02-14-2015, 01:05 PM
As a kickstarter backer, I've been here since the beginning. I've enjoyed my time in this game and feel I've been pretty laid back considering the timelines, bugs, "beta is beta" etc. But I'm seriously getting to the point where doubt is overtaking optimism for this game. It's beginning to feel like they have a great idea/concept but are just utterly unable to execute on it. Yes, this is a "I'm frustrated" post. I hope I have the willpower to continue following this game, but at this point I've almost written off my KS pledge (and money spent in-client) as money that could/should have been spent elsewhere. I want this game to succeed so bad, but it's getting harder and harder to believe.

I understand how you feel man. I've been there. But after reading the stuff going on with Godus and Molyneaux, it really perked me up. You should read about it, whenever you find yourself with doubt about hex.

ThomasHunter
02-14-2015, 01:05 PM
With chat not working, it's hard to the devs to communicate with folks which is doubly sad!

Dorkelvania
02-14-2015, 01:06 PM
Still in the lobby waiting for it to fire, myself.

chromus
02-14-2015, 01:06 PM
I call for a server reset and re-make of the tournament! :)

CrystalShard
02-14-2015, 01:07 PM
Waiting in the lobby as well, and my gf is stuck on the blue wheel after pressing "Join Tournament" ... ah well, Valentine's and trading cards apparently don't mix too well, sigh.

EDIT: hers just timed out, "we're sorry but you are currently unable to enter this tournament".

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 01:08 PM
We're looking into the tournament. And will have more information shortly.

Vengus
Seems all tournaments were brought down.

EDIT: The dragon above me is too fast. :(

Fred
Status now says "Round 1", but we haven't been through the deck building phase... will everybody get a 150-cards deck? That'd be fun.

OutlandishMatt
02-14-2015, 01:09 PM

I understand all of this and I think you have to just walk away for a little while.

One thing I don't understand about all of this tournament testing is, if the test server has less resources than the beta server(s) how do you even expect it to successfully run.

HaemishM
02-14-2015, 01:10 PM
Got to the "Join Tournament" screen, clicked join and the blue wheel spins again.

Calvert
02-14-2015, 01:10 PM
I got up early for an event I tried to join an hour early and I can't get in? I see they're in Round 1. I think I'm starting to see why fellow kick starters are done with this game.

Xexist
02-14-2015, 01:11 PM
We're looking into the tournament. And will have more information shortly.

My only questions is is there a point in staying (as in they will try another tourney?) or I can go spend time with my wife who is mad because I ditched her on valentines day to play Hex?

Vengus
02-14-2015, 01:11 PM
Keep in mind it's a test server for a reason.

Rokku
02-14-2015, 01:12 PM
I must admit to getting more negative lately since test server.
Bugs/crashes/broken cards I can easily deal with. But when we get the latest up to date version of the game and it still has the same broken fundamentals from 1+ years ago like basic AI and now tournaments failing at 450 users I'm getting more and more worried on how delayed this project will be before launch.

CrystalShard
Update for those not in the tournament: while it does show that is in Round 1, there are no pairings active, no games happening atm.

Yoss
My only questions is is there a point in staying (as in they will try another tourney?) or I can go spend time with my wife who is mad because I ditched her on valentines day to play Hex?

I would guess you can take off. If it's like the last two times, Hex will give those present some event tickets as a thank you for helping with the test.

IndigoShade
Ahhh! Loud noises!

HaemishM
02-14-2015, 01:13 PM
And I got "You are unable to join the tournament at this time."

Thanks a lot. I got there in plenty of time, clicked the right buttons, altered my schedule to be in this tourney - and the test server screwed me. Good thing they changed their mind about declaring "open beta."

Chadatog
02-14-2015, 01:14 PM
making my deck now!!!

ThomasHunter
02-14-2015, 01:14 PM
Looks like I am at the sealed deckbuilder!

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 01:15 PM
And I got "You are unable to join the tournament at this time."

Thanks a lot. I got there in plenty of time, clicked the right buttons, altered my schedule to be in this tourney - and the test server screwed me. Good thing they changed their mind about declaring "open beta."

This is a test server, issues were supposed to happen to allow us to see data as to whether it could fire off or not. We were testing new tournament coding for the future of the game. Your inability to play does not mean that it was all for not. We're getting information that is valuable to the devs.

BlindMan
FYI...I just hit deck building, so the tourney is not entirely dead. We'll see what happens.

plaguedealer
This is a test server, issues were supposed to happen to allow us to see data as to whether it could fire off or not. We were testing new tournament coding for the future of the game. Your inability to play does not mean that it was all for not. We're getting information that is valuable to the devs.

Will another tournament fire?

Xexist
02-14-2015, 01:16 PM
I would guess you can take off. If it's like the last two times, Hex will give those present some event tickets as a thank you for helping with the test.

Yeah but i am not even online (it wont let me) so how can I prove I was here?

Yoss
02-14-2015, 01:18 PM
Yeah but i am not even online (it wont let me) so how can I prove I was here?

You just did. :)

Xexist
02-14-2015, 01:20 PM
You just did. :)

Niceeee.

Rapierian
02-14-2015, 01:23 PM
My wife also has not been able to log in to join the tournament. We were sitting at the Loading Data page for over 20 minutes. Account name Monstropolis.

EntropyBall
02-14-2015, 01:23 PM
Reading stuff like this makes me about 90% less frustrated. Glad you guys are getting some good tests out of your test server.

CrystalShard
02-14-2015, 01:25 PM
Right, I cobbled something together in the deck builder, the deck comes up as valid and has 60 cards in it exactly, I press "Save & Continue" and nothing happens? Is that normal here?

Lyckan
I got in to the deck building but am unable to save deck... Lets hope it is just slow, I guess most opponents will be afk anyways but lets see

HaemishM
Phento, I realize what a test server is for. It's just irritating when I do everything I can to get in it, get there on time and still don't get to experience the tourney. I was looking forward to playing in a sealed tourney - I haven't done one of those yet.

Lyckan
02-14-2015, 01:26 PM
Right, I cobbled something together in the deck builder, the deck comes up as valid and has 60 cards in it exactly, I press "Save & Continue" and nothing happens? Is that normal here?

Same for me

Xexist
02-14-2015, 01:27 PM
Phento, I realize what a test server is for. It's just irritating when I do everything I can to get in it, get there on time and still don't get to experience the tourney. I was looking forward to playing in a sealed tourney - I haven't done one of those yet.

Many of us are in the same position. It is SUPER frustrating, I get that, but think how it must be for them? However annoyed you are it is probably more frustrating for the Hex employees when these things dont work.

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 01:28 PM
Saving disconnected me, ho hum.

parogui
02-14-2015, 01:29 PM
I tried to save an invalid decks and got the usual notification. However when decks is legal you get nothing, lets hope we all play with 150 card decks!

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 01:31 PM
Many of us are in the same position. It is SUPER frustrating, I get that, but think how it must be for them? However annoyed you are it is probably more frustrating for the Hex employees when these things dont work.

We're working through it though. And remember, the test server hardware isn't as beefy as the live server hardware. The new tournament coding is already looking better than the old one!

Yoss
02-14-2015, 01:32 PM

I'd guess they're as anxious as anyone to have this thing working, and just to have the whole game released and taking over the TCG world. There's a ton of money they're NOT making because the game's just not ready yet. So while it's frustrating to us, don't take it out on them. They're not out to get you (not in a bad way, at any rate :p).

Lukezors
02-14-2015, 01:33 PM
Just reporting in:

I eventually did get into the tournament and am currently deckbuilding. Though It seems like I am unable to save my deck.

Skirovik
02-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Whelp, even though I saved the same deck about 5-6 times (I'm paranoid about saving my deck) I got a warning saying I hadn't saved and that I should before the timer runs out.

I guess we'll see if it saved or not. Watch this space.

parogui
02-14-2015, 01:34 PM
Yep, got the message saying that I haven't saved a deck, probably 150 for everyone!

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 01:35 PM
I demand another yeti AA as compensation ;p
...and er.... 90000p... and a speedboat.... and I want a new castle.

Kami
I demand another yeti AA as compensation ;p

No, Blue Circle Sleeves first. :P

BlindMan
I was also unable to save my deck.

Dorkelvania
02-14-2015, 01:36 PM
Was able to build a deck, but now back on the lobby screen again. Hmmm. Oh, maybe mine didn't save, either, since I built my deck really fast, hit "save" and left the room for many minutes.

IndigoShade
Yep, got the message saying that I haven't saved a deck, probably 150 for everyone!

Oh boy, I sure hope so! I wasn't originally planning on playing that Jank bot.:p

DocX
looking forward to playing 150 card decks. that sounds like the best thing since 2-pack :-)

Morgant
02-14-2015, 01:37 PM
I'm still stuck at the tournament standings/pairings screen from before the tournament began. Never got a pool, never entered deck construction. My only option currently is to drop from the tournament entirely.

Zophie
Looks like I finally got in, got to the tournaments page but can't join since already started obvs. :(

Rapierian
So what do those of us who couldn't log in do now? I don't suppose there's going to be an overflow tournament launching anytime soon?

plaguedealer
02-14-2015, 01:38 PM
So what do those of us who couldn't log in do now? I don't suppose there's going to be an overflow tournament launching anytime soon?

That is the big question, wish there were faster updates cause I need to know what to do with my saturday

Jensling
02-14-2015, 01:38 PM
Jankbot deck hopefully turning in for pairings! :D

Yoss
02-14-2015, 01:39 PM

Yeah, I'm wondering if I should just to over to see Hogarth instead, since there's no secondary tournament up.

Kami
If it's anything like the other stress test tournaments, they'll just grant compensation across the board for taking the time to help them. I don't know if it'll be the case, but it's been like that every stress test so far.

Vengus
Just so you know, the minimum deck size in sealed and draft is 40, not 60. ;)

Zophie
A second tourney for overflow would be really nice but can the servers handle that?

Jensling
02-14-2015, 01:40 PM
seeing 1 pairing now... 0 vs Bye xD

CrystalShard
02-14-2015, 01:40 PM
Just so you know, the minimum deck size in sealed and draft is 40, not 60. ;)

Shows what a nublet I am at tournaments ;-)

jrj8541
02-14-2015, 01:41 PM
Overflow for an unlimited person tournament?

ThomasHunter
Not sure if I was able to save my deck or not. Deckbuilding is certainly over. Stuck waiting for pairings I'm thinking. Seems like a long time though!

IndigoShade
A second tourney for overflow would be really nice but can the servers handle that?

Since the server appears to be struggling mightily to even launch the first game, I'm going to assume the answer to this question is no. Of course, we all know what happens when you assume.

Hexgo
Wow. finally my client logged in after beeing about 60 minutes trying to.
But i can't join the tournament, it's in round 1 it says...
Is the chat still broken? it doesn't work for me.

Lukezors
I don't think the first one worked in the end so I don't think there is much point to an overflow ;)

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 01:42 PM
No, Blue Circle Sleeves first. :P
Blue circle sleeves were shot down by cory, my additional baby yeti aa is a fresh, all-new... erm.

Fred
02-14-2015, 01:42 PM

I have 2 hypothesis as to why we keep getting tournaments that can't fire

1) (Pessimistic) They still haven't figured out how to scale. They really meant to get the tournament running, but they simply can't figure it out. They can get 8-players tournaments running just fine, bug 425+ players... they still have no idea how to get in a state where it's even barely possible to get a real big tournament going. That is scary, especially that late in the development process. They have attempted "unlimited" size tournaments for several months now, and they still can't get one to fire.

2) (It sucks, but they have to do it to get valuable data, i.e. "The Conspiracy Theory"). They have no real intention of getting the tournament to fire. They know it won't work because they "sabotage" the server such that it won't fire. Why do they do that? To simulate DDoS attacks or test the worst case scenarios that they can't let happen on the live server once the game is launched. If they announced it as such and that people knew that the tournament wouldn't fire, they wouldn't get as many users and the test would fail. They have to advertise the tourney as a real one to get people to participate, and they hide behind "it's just beta, this is a test server, it's not meant for enjoying but for testing".

As much as I hate it, I really hope the truth lies close to (2), as it hints at bad communication rather than bad software, and the future of the game is less compromised in this situation.

Jensling
02-14-2015, 01:43 PM
Tournament has gotten into deckbuilding, and past it, currently waiting for pairings for round 1

plaguedealer
02-14-2015, 01:44 PM
I bet the tournament will not get past pairings so it will be a wash

Kami
Here's the result so far:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2iqoizc.jpg

Thought you guys might find it amusing. :P

BlindMan
Just remember people, they have worse hardware on the test server, 447 people in the tournament, and it didn't completely crash. It may not feel like it, but this is progress and the most successful stress test tournament so far.

CrystalShard
02-14-2015, 01:45 PM
I agree it could have been communicated better. With the announcement of the tournament HexEnt made it sound like "Hey, there's a special event this Valentine, a HEX tourney - come join us!" when they should have said "Hey guys, let's hammer our test server for valuable engineering data - there's cookies even if it doesn't work!".

IndigoShade
02-14-2015, 01:45 PM
447 vs Server 3-0 would be more appropriate :p ... or should that be 0-3? Somehow, I'm not so sure we won this.

CrystalShard
02-14-2015, 01:46 PM

The "*Bye*" must be a coded message from the DataCave I guess ;)

Skirovik
02-14-2015, 01:47 PM
Here's the result so far:

http://i58.tinypic.com/2iqoizc.jpg

I'm just glad I've got the same screen as someone else, lol.

Fred
02-14-2015, 01:48 PM
While in the pairing screen (looking at the 0 vs. Bye like everyone else), I just got an error dialog "Encountered an error while saving deck. Please try again."

Jensling
same screen here :)

CrystalShard
There have been several windows popping up saying "Error saving" ... guess I pressed the save button too often.

Skirovik
While in the pairing screen (looking at the 0 vs. Bye like everyone else), I just got an error dialog "Encountered an error while saving deck. Please try again."

Yup me too!

I hit confirm and a few seconds later up it pops again. Is this going to come up for each time I hit save? That's going to be a lot of "confirms". ><

IndigoShade
02-14-2015, 01:50 PM
Yeah, I just finally got the error saving message as well. I guess I can stop looking forward to playing my Jank Bot in that tournament full of 150 card decks.

Jensling
02-14-2015, 01:53 PM
"error saving deck" here as well, Jank dream is still real though! :D

DocX
02-14-2015, 01:53 PM
Yup me too!

I hit confirm and a few seconds later up it pops again. Is this going to come up for each time I hit save? That's going to be a lot of "confirms". ><

you're not the only one who was compulsively hitting 'Save and Continue' when the expected dialog did not come back confirming the save.

Kami
02-14-2015, 01:55 PM
you're not the only one who was compulsively hitting 'Save and Continue' when the expected dialog did not come back confirming the save.

I usually save twice or more even with confirmation because I'm paranoid. :P

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 01:56 PM
Got the best engineers in the business on it - http://i.imgur.com/nsehyRD.png

Zophie
02-14-2015, 01:56 PM
WHAT I JUST GOT IN???

http://i.imgur.com/MP4dj77h.png

CrystalShard
02-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Well at least Baby Yeti has "Speed"!

ThomasHunter
02-14-2015, 01:57 PM
Alright folks, 90 minutes in and no games (from the time I logged in). I'm heading out. Sadly, time wasted from my end. I hope it was indeed helpful to the devs at least!

DocX
02-14-2015, 01:58 PM
WHAT I JUST GOT IN???

not happening for me yet.... i live in hope.

Kami
02-14-2015, 01:58 PM
WHAT I JUST GOT IN???

Did you restart the client or just kept waiting? o.o

ThomasHunter
02-14-2015, 01:59 PM
WHAT I JUST GOT IN???

This is worth waiting a bit more!

Daer
Its not actually 447 people in the tournament. I signed up 90 mins before it started, tried to log on 20 mins before it started and couldn't, finally got in 35 mins after it fired and it still shows me in the tournament.

Zophie
Apparently I'm now waiting for Round 2, even though I was Loading Data through the start of Round 1, cross my fingers it lets me play - But I dunno how this will work since I haven't made a deck yet lol

Zophie
02-14-2015, 02:01 PM
Did you restart the client or just kept waiting? o.o

After Loading Data finished i went to the tourney page and clicked the join queue button and let it sit there, it did nothing for a while but then suddenly it gave me a second blue spinning wheel, and then eventually dropped me in here. Keep in mind I joined the queue 50 minutes before the start, then my client crashed like 20 minutes before start so it might have saved my spot in the queue.

Rhodry
02-14-2015, 02:02 PM
It says my matchis in game 2 and I won game 1 ... I haven't payed anything yet though :p

Jensling
02-14-2015, 02:04 PM
it seems like I've won game 1 :D

Skirovik
Wow Zophie that's a different (more advanced) screen than I have. I'm still sitting on the "0 vs *bye*" pairings screen.

Zophie
I'm streaming my client on Steam Broadcast right now if anyone is bored and wants to watch me waiting :)

http://steamcommunity.com/broadcast/watch/76561197975777770

ThomasHunter
02-14-2015, 02:06 PM
Alright, happy gaming (hopefully!) all.

yDiamond
02-14-2015, 02:06 PM
WHAT I JUST GOT IN???

Wow, it is nice to know I won the first game. Too bad I did not get to see it, since I am still staring at the 0 vs Bye pairings. :)

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 02:07 PM
I am now back in the lobby.

Vengus
02-14-2015, 02:12 PM
those matches are just timing out. Whoever went first for round 1 will lose round 1. :P

Edswor
02-14-2015, 02:17 PM
Well, I just won game 2 just by being in the tournament lobby window :) (now I'm 1-1).

Rhodry
02-14-2015, 02:20 PM
the weirdness is that some match are still ongoing ... if it was just waiting to time out they would all have been completed at the same time no ?

Morgant
02-14-2015, 02:22 PM
I'm 1-0 without having ever entered deck construction. My opponent and I are currently playing game two according to the pairings, although I'm certainly not playing, heh.

PopEye
02-14-2015, 02:28 PM
I left, an hour + of my Data should be enough :D

Roy_G
02-14-2015, 02:30 PM
I'm not leaving until I'm winning game 2 that's going on that I'm not playing.

Rhaknam13
02-14-2015, 02:30 PM
can we get a heads up from cryptozoic should we stay or is the tournament declared dead?

Kami
02-14-2015, 02:32 PM
can we get a heads up from cryptozoic should we stay or is the tournament declared dead?

It's up to you really. If you have things to do, feel free to go. It's obvious the tournament fired but won't complete properly. However, I'm sticking around in the hopes of providing more data to them.

Multi-monitor + movie = <3

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 02:39 PM
http://imgur.com/a/rdrub pairings for those who can't see them atm done sloppily.

Zophie
02-14-2015, 02:39 PM
It's up to you really. If you have things to do, feel free to go. It's obvious the tournament fired but won't complete properly. However, I'm sticking around in the hopes of providing more data to them.

Yeah I'm just messin around with Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS while waiting to see if Round 2 might work or not, not expecting much but you never know!

Kami
02-14-2015, 02:40 PM
Yeah I'm just messin around with Monster Hunter 4 on 3DS while waiting to see if Round 2 might work or not, not expecting much but you never know!

Yeah, unfortunately, they shipped my system out late. I won't get it until this Tuesday (since Monday is a holiday here).

Vengus
02-14-2015, 02:43 PM
It seems additional tournaments are being launched.

Halsey
02-14-2015, 02:47 PM

Thanks, I've been messing arround in the arena, and reading here between matches, would have missed the new tourny without seeing this post.

Zophie
02-14-2015, 02:47 PM

Any more details you can give? Wondering if it'd be better for me to stay in this one and see if Round 2 works or if I could leave and join a different one?

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 02:48 PM
3 mins till the additional queue fires.

yDiamond
02-14-2015, 02:48 PM
New sealed swiss is open. Starting time 1:50, 90 players so far.

Zophie
02-14-2015, 02:49 PM
3 mins till the additional queue fires.

ZOMG - Okay I got into the queue, crossing fingers!

Halsey
02-14-2015, 02:50 PM
Any more details you can give? Wondering if it'd be better for me to stay in this one and see if Round 2 works or if I could leave and join a different one?

Was only one new one when I joined, launching soon

Kami
02-14-2015, 02:52 PM
Surprised they've not made any announcements.

DocX
02-14-2015, 02:54 PM

I just left the game up while i made dinner. Also, have a book I'm reading through to pass the time productively :-)

DocX
02-14-2015, 02:57 PM
just started my match against Nion. Wondering if they walked AFK. Also, 190 card deck confirmed!

ghulzen
02-14-2015, 02:57 PM
My game just launched from the first tourney. We both have 190 card decks.

GhundiPI
02-14-2015, 02:58 PM
New sealed swiss is open. Starting time 1:50, 90 players so far.

Unfortunately that won't work time wise for the most of us here in Europe. But hopefully we'll get another shot at the tournament next time. Was really looking forward to such a massive tournament :)

NightWolf
02-14-2015, 03:00 PM
I got into the first tournament, and was able to "build" my deck, but when I went to save it, it never would. Pressed the button many times, starting when there were about 4 minutes left on the clock. Then, with 1 minutes left on the clock, I was taken to the match queue, where I sat for a while. After about 5 minutes in the queue, I got a lot of pop up messages stating that there was an error saving my deck. I expected to just play with a 150 card deck, but I never actually got to play. Round 1 and 2 went by, and I never got a match. Finally surrendered and left after round two started without me.

Viziroth
02-14-2015, 03:03 PM
I think my deck saved properly. My opponent has 190 cards, the number isn't under my deck yet, but the pile looks much smaller. I think they afk'd because it's waiting for them to choose starting player.

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 03:07 PM
Surprised they've not made any announcements.
Intended apparently. Another queue if it works.
http://i.imgur.com/hz5qXor.png

Kami
02-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Intended apparently. Another queue if it works.

The problem is that without announcement, they get skewed data as you don't have as many players participating in the queue. It could be stable with up to 128 players but not necessarily with the full 400+.

Zophie
02-14-2015, 03:11 PM
Deck saved, 50 seconds and counting...

Xexist
02-14-2015, 03:12 PM
I should have known better than to leave Hex and spend some time with my wife.

Skirovik
02-14-2015, 03:26 PM
Aww I'm still stuck in the original broken tourny. :(

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Won my queue #2 r1, no issues.

Kroan
02-14-2015, 03:31 PM
I'm pretty disappointed and pissed how this is handled. Communication has been on an all-time low tonight. How hard is it to send out a tweet "you can quit the first tournament. we're working on a solution. sorry for the inconvience". Or any update at all.

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 03:32 PM
I'm pretty disappointed and pissed how this is handled. Communication has been on an all-time low tonight. How hard is it to send out a tweet "you can quit the first tournament. we're working on a solution. sorry for the inconvience". Or any update at all.

Because we didn't want you to quit the first tournament and we didn't want to advertise the second one to see about getting less players in it.

We're also very busy working on next steps and there is only one of me.

Viziroth
02-14-2015, 03:34 PM
So, in the first tournament. Opponent is currently at -2 minutes and still ticking.

parogui
02-14-2015, 03:36 PM
On first tournament I clicked keep hand and nothin happened. My clocks' ticking down and already at -5

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 03:37 PM
Because we didn't want you to quit the first tournament and we didn't want to advertise the second one to see about getting less players in it.

*Swings and plays Replicator's Trance

Kroan
02-14-2015, 03:37 PM

We're also very busy working on next steps and there is only one of me. Even that would've been an acceptable tweet. "We need you to stay in the first tournament for testing purpose. Don't worry, we'll make sure everyone is getting something" (or whatever). Leaving people in the dark for whatever reason is pretty darn annoying.

Just remember that some people actually set time aside for this (pretty much my evening is the only time I can do hobby stuff). My frustration might shine through my posts, so don't take it personal.

TJTaylor
02-14-2015, 03:38 PM

oops. I would not have dropped if I had known I was being useful sitting there staring at the pairings.

Zophie
02-14-2015, 03:40 PM
Wow, so this second tourney is actually going really smoothly **knock on wood**

szimek
02-14-2015, 03:41 PM
What about rewards? i'm still in the 1st tournament and i'm 2-0, will that count ? :P

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 03:43 PM
Updated with some news: http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=41146

keo
02-14-2015, 03:46 PM
Since chat is disabled, would it be possible next time to live update the "Rules" or "Rewards" tabs of the tournament lobby so we can see HEX employee test notes, such as keep waiting or leave? Depending on the update rate, this feature would really help support testers.

I've been "alt+tab"-ing a lot between notes, so I'm not sure what the refresh rate on the screens are.
I got to deck edit with about 15 min, saved several times using the drop down and once using the "Save and Continue" button.
I apparently won my first round without ever seeing it. Eventually a game started, which was apparently round 2 according to my husband's screen.
Entered the second round with every card available for a deck and lucked into a win, furiously took out 3 colors during the 2min to pair down the deck and lucked a second one against a still full deck (so many shards!). So 2 of 3 done.
This took me back to the lobby, where I now had round 0 of 4 listed, no rankings, and no updates since round 0. The Rewards page was now empty and the Rules page had a few blank entries.

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Still need us testing the other queue or no?EDIT: Nvm i see you want us in there http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=41146&p=458377&viewfull=1#post458377

HaemishM
02-14-2015, 03:47 PM
Even that would've been an acceptable tweet. "We need you to stay in the first tournament for testing purpose. Don't worry, we'll make sure everyone is getting something" (or whatever). Leaving people in the dark for whatever reason is pretty darn annoying.

Just remember that some people actually set time aside for this (pretty much my evening is the only time I can do hobby stuff). My frustration might shine through my posts, so don't take it personal.

Yeah, this. People are putting their free time into this - and there hasn't been any good communication on the issue at all. It doesn't matter if there's one of you or 10 of you - customers (and we are that since you guys are taking money) need to be kept informed if you expect to keep them as customers. I saw nothing anywhere about a second or third queue until both had already opened up. I'd already decided to get into a draft on the regular server because I figured since the first tourney bugged, there was no sense hanging around.

You guys really do not communicate your testing goals well AT ALL. If the goal of the test is "break the server" tell us that. If it's "break the tourney code and if it breaks, hang around because we will launch another tourney," announce that ahead of time. Your communication on the issue has been that of a company that doesn't expect anything to break - no contingency plans were announced in any of the missives about this tourney. If you want testers, you need to let your testers know how to test and what the goals of specific tests are.

Kami
02-14-2015, 03:50 PM
You guys really do not communicate your testing goals well AT ALL. If the goal of the test is "break the server" tell us that. If it's "break the tourney code and if it breaks, hang around because we will launch another tourney," announce that ahead of time. Your communication on the issue has been that of a company that doesn't expect anything to break - no contingency plans were announced in any of the missives about this tourney. If you want testers, you need to let your testers know how to test and what the goals of specific tests are.

Although I kinda get what happened, I have to agree with this in principle. It wasn't a hassle for me or anything but not hearing any form of news for hours is a bit problematic during an obvious test phase.

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 03:51 PM
I realize you guys are frustrated, I am getting you the news as fast as I can. There are times where I ask the same questions you're asking of me and I give you the answers as soon as I receive them.

As soon as I was told it was ok for everyone to quit out of the first tournament, both Roostasaur and I posted about it and tweeted it.

chromus
02-14-2015, 03:53 PM
Actually there seems to be 3 tournaments. I'm in the one with 34 players (2nd one) and a third one fired off after with 110 players. Smooth so far but probably not much of a stress to the server?

KingGabriel
02-14-2015, 03:56 PM
I realize you guys are frustrated, I am getting you the news as fast as I can. There are times where I ask the same questions you're asking of me and I give you the answers as soon as I receive them.

As soon as I was told it was ok for everyone to quit out of the first tournament, both Roostasaur and I posted about it and tweeted it.
And I stole it and put it on the subreddit! Muhahahaha...

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 03:56 PM
Actually there seems to be 3 tournaments. I'm in the one with 34 players (2nd one) and a third one fired off after with 110 players. Smooth so far but probably not much of a stress to the server?

Still providing valuable data. Thank you!

hammer
02-14-2015, 04:01 PM
Edit - Double Post by Accident -

hammer
02-14-2015, 04:03 PM
Reserve Error Sealed Event number 2 Round 2 first reserve. Deck never loaded and I couldn't save without getting an unsockted error.

My timer ran down in the bugged Reserve and the match started but my champion had switched ( I has Krannok in R1 and R2 G1) :)

Skoglar
02-14-2015, 04:05 PM
My deck didn't reset between rounds. What i sided in in the first round carried over to the first match of the second round.

Also there was no victory screen when my opponent timed out after 5 min of inactivity.

In the second game round two there is no 5 min timeout in the "Choose starting player" stage.

catfarmer13
02-14-2015, 04:11 PM
1st game my opponent did nothing until the 5 min timer kicked in.

2nd game they played one resource and one card,and as I write this their timer is at -20:00 mins with no actions taken. (Why would the timer go negative at all?. :0 )

Anyhoo that's my report for the 2nd tourney. Cheers!

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 04:11 PM
I let the devs know about your reports. Will update as soon as I get more info.

Lion_Slicer
02-14-2015, 04:15 PM
I'm a nobody in the community, but since I am still in the 2nd tournament (110 people), and i'm seeing the posts to stay the course and feedback is important, here you go.

The "deck save" problem that happened during the 1st event did not happen during 642-121.
Round 1 of 642-121 went fine. I did not experience any bugs.
The new draw visual (where it goes to center of screen) seemed to hitch for me every draw.
There seemed to be some minimal lag between clicking a card in hand to play, and it actually getting played. There was no obvious reason for this (to me anyway, could be server related?).
The "progress" between priorities / actions / etc is fast, way faster than live. This seems a good thing.
The lobby waiting for Round 2 seems to be working fine.

On the other hand, I did block my entire afternoon for this, and believe me when I say I understand its test server and stuff is bound to happen. Some kind of quicker official word would have helped me personally schedule my day better. If you didn't want alot of people in the other tournaments that spawned, could you have capped the participants? Shoulda, woulda, coulda, and hindsight 20/20, I get it.

I'm basically out of time and will be dropping sooner than later. Thought some neutral/positive feedback could be just as useful. I appreciate the chance to even try and help out. Thanks.

RobHaven
02-14-2015, 04:17 PM
I don't really have anything novel to add to the conversation, here, but I still wanted to take a moment to say, "this sucks." I wasted a good amount of time watching loading bars and spinning wheels only to miss out on all of the tournaments. It's Valentine's Day...I could have spent this time trying to convince my girlfriend that she's more important than Hex. So I failed her AND I didn't get to play. Not a great day. Not a great day at all. :(

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 04:19 PM
I don't really have anything novel to add to the conversation, here, but I still wanted to take a moment to say, "this sucks." I wasted a good amount of time watching loading bars and spinning wheels only to miss out on all of the tournaments. It's Valentine's Day...I could have spent this time trying to convince my girlfriend that she's more important than Hex. So I failed her AND I didn't get to play. Not a great day. Not a great day at all. :(

I am very sorry to hear that, but please understand this is testing. Testing isn't necessarily playing.

We had hoped more would be able to play, but the new tournament code is looking better than before. We received a lot of valuable information from people even if you were just "sitting there, waiting". You are also going to be receiving a reward for just sitting there too.

Salverus
02-14-2015, 04:21 PM
I couldn't even make it past the loading bar to get into the game.

RobHaven
02-14-2015, 04:22 PM
I am very sorry to hear that, but please understand this is testing. Testing isn't necessarily playing.

We had hoped more would be able to play, but the new tournament code is looking better than before. We received a lot of valuable information from people even if you were just "sitting there, waiting". You are also going to be receiving a reward for just sitting there too.

It's all good, brosef. I still have nothing but love for y'all.

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 04:23 PM
It's all good, brosef. I still have nothing but love for y'all.

I was hoping to play, myself! Hahaha

hammer
02-14-2015, 04:38 PM
in other news... Since playing the arena (with a Ruby Wild Eye of Creation Deck - super fun btw) I have a new "favourite card" in the form of Zakiir. His powers are awesome fun and with the relatively low amount of AI removal (a topic for another day!) he sticks around and grinds out wins and occasionally totally blows out the opposition poor war bot got hit by Destructive Delirium (BTW anyone else think the - 4/4 current and max resource is OP!). Anyway had so much fun with Zakiir in the Arena setting its nice to play with cards which are fringe playable in competitive constructed :)

chromus
02-14-2015, 04:40 PM
By the way, love the round-ending gong! Was much needed. :)

Cyandrel
02-14-2015, 04:45 PM
Disconnect issues during the reserves period after round 1 (in which i was soundly thrashed lol) resulted in me having to relog and rejoin the tournament, but unable to rejoin the round 2 game in progress. After 2 attempts, I apparently timed out and lost the match. Other than that, been good so far.

Prominis
02-14-2015, 05:30 PM
I get the feeling something went wrong here.
http://i.imgur.com/D0awcZe.jpg

Shivdaddy
02-14-2015, 05:51 PM

Everyone who logged in today?

OutlandishMatt
02-14-2015, 06:03 PM
We had hoped more would be able to play, but the new tournament code is looking better than before.

The tournament code looking better is great, but it doesn't really help if the "being able to connect to the server" code isn't. :-D

There are possibly hundreds more people that just sat at a "Loading Data" bar for 30 minutes to an hour before the tournament started like me. I semi care about compensation if others get compensated but then I don't because it's a test server but yet, I'm frustrated if others get things when I sat aside time to also try to get things. I understand the situation it's just a weird spot to be in for myself and I'm sure other supporters of Hex. Not like a lot of us need the packs anyways.

I appreciate the setting up of the free tournament, it's just the execution and follow up needs to be worked on. Whoever you're speaking with needs to understand the urgency of the situation for all of us. And you may need to BS/improvise from time to time to keep the pot from boiling.

Skoglar
02-14-2015, 06:14 PM
In round 4 game 3 the game got stuck at start. My opponent tried to relog but failed to connect. My screen said as follows, but the game never timed out, and I ended up losing.

Yoss
02-14-2015, 09:25 PM
The tournament code looking better is great, but it doesn't really help if the "being able to connect to the server" code isn't. :-D

There are possibly hundreds more people that just sat at a "Loading Data" bar for 30 minutes to an hour before the tournament started like me. I semi care about compensation if others get compensated but then I don't because it's a test server but yet, I'm frustrated if others get things when I sat aside time to also try to get things. I understand the situation it's just a weird spot to be in for myself and I'm sure other supporters of Hex. Not like a lot of us need the packs anyways.

I appreciate the setting up of the free tournament, it's just the execution and follow up needs to be worked on. Whoever you're speaking with needs to understand the urgency of the situation for all of us. And you may need to BS/improvise from time to time to keep the pot from boiling.

Well said.

Phenteo
02-14-2015, 10:51 PM

Thank you for the feedback! I am going to work with the team on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) and hope to see if we can include people who were trying to log in (log-in time stamp) before the first tournament started but never made it in. I hope we can pull this data to be able to use to give a reward for those trying to test with us. :)

I'll know more hopefully by mid next week and will try to get an update out ASAP. Apologies again for not being able to play, BUT it was very valuable information for the devs and we can make numerous fixes to it. The bright side is that the subsequent tournaments did run (very slowly due to the lowered hardware specs the test server is on) and this proves to be very positive moving forward.

Shinjica
02-15-2015, 06:38 AM
Thank you for the feedback! I am going to work with the team on Tuesday (Monday is a holiday) and hope to see if we can include people who were trying to log in (log-in time stamp) before the first tournament started but never made it in. I hope we can pull this data to be able to use to give a reward for those trying to test with us. :)

I'll know more hopefully by mid next week and will try to get an update out ASAP. Apologies again for not being able to play, BUT it was very valuable information for the devs and we can make numerous fixes to it. The bright side is that the subsequent tournaments did run (very slowly due to the lowered hardware specs the test server is on) and this proves to be very positive moving forward.

I understand why this test are up for and i agree with you completely.

My only thing i dont like is giving away free packs for a test that not everyone had the possibility to get in.

ossuary
02-15-2015, 07:12 AM
I can understand mostly everyone's point of view here. As someone who was able to log in but was not able to actually get into the tournament, I was frustrated but it was to be expected, and I knew that CZE was still getting data from it all even if I was not personally playing a game. I didn't find out about the other 2 queues in time to join, because I wasn't sitting in front of my computer anymore after I was unable to join the main tournament (so that one's on me, though a tweet may have possibly gotten to me in time to join the 3rd one).

As a programmer and developer myself, I can really feel CZE's pain with all of this. It's a hard position to be in. If you are completely upfront about all of this and say, "This is a stress test. We're testing new code. It's probably not going to work; if you show up expecting to actually play the game, you're going to be disappointed, but we need you to slog through anyway," then a much smaller number of people are going to show up. Possibly too few to get any kind of valuable data out of. My experience with the vast majority of beta testers is that their commitment level to actually testing is approximately zero.

So the only way to get sufficient numbers of people to show up is to be less upfront and more "Hey it's a free tournament! Come on out and win prizes!" even though they know pretty damn well it's not going to work (or is at least unlikely to work smoothly). This ensures you get your numbers, but leaves people who have unreasonable expectations for a test server of a beta product angry and unruly. It's a difficult line to walk, and I really feel for them.

Ultimately, as long as CZE is getting the data they need, that's all I care about. Phenteo is making a real effort to get people the information they need as soon as he's able to, without stepping on his colleagues' toes by saying things he shouldn't or making conjecture too soon that may differ from reality when he finally gets given an answer to pass on. I've been a community manager before - it's a very difficult job with a lot of stress coming from both directions. People on the sidelines can always say "you could have done better," and who knows, maybe that's true, but it's not something that can judge fairly if you're not in the crucible yourself. He's clearly working hard and I know he wants to be the best he can be - that's good enough for me. I'm sure communication will continue to prove as he gets more experienced with what we expect and CZE gets better at anticipating the community's attitude (and their dev team gets more and more experienced with their own product).

Long story short, the sky is not falling, things are getting better, and I'm glad I can continue to do my small part to assist. As long as I eventually get my blue wheel sleeves, you'll never hear a word of complaint from me about the stress tests. :)

hammer
02-15-2015, 09:50 AM
Great post Ossuary; maybe your best ever out of 6k+ ;)

register50
02-15-2015, 10:00 PM
Arena does not need more tests or a week or a month will be a new test?
Will there be another test free tournament?

Velorath
02-16-2015, 04:27 PM
As a programmer and developer myself, I can really feel CZE's pain with all of this. It's a hard position to be in. If you are completely upfront about all of this and say, "This is a stress test. We're testing new code. It's probably not going to work; if you show up expecting to actually play the game, you're going to be disappointed, but we need you to slog through anyway," then a much smaller number of people are going to show up. Possibly too few to get any kind of valuable data out of. My experience with the vast majority of beta testers is that their commitment level to actually testing is approximately zero.

So the only way to get sufficient numbers of people to show up is to be less upfront and more "Hey it's a free tournament! Come on out and win prizes!" even though they know pretty damn well it's not going to work (or is at least unlikely to work smoothly). This ensures you get your numbers, but leaves people who have unreasonable expectations for a test server of a beta product angry and unruly. It's a difficult line to walk, and I really feel for them.

There's a middle ground, in that they can incentivize people to show up and break stuff. I'm pretty sure if they offer up AA cards, or a couple packs, or a sleeve, chests, or whatever else, they can get people to show up to test the server. If a tournament actually ends up firing, so much the better. If not they can provide us instructions in advance on what to do if things break, or at the very least since the in-game chat is a horrible way from them to communicate when they're trying to do these tournaments/tests, let us know ahead of time that if things break they'll be giving instructions on twitter, or a twitch stream. It doesn't particularly matter where as long as they have one location for everyone to go to for info.

Instead, Phenteo's post at #165 makes it sound like there was almost a deliberate lack of communication at times.

nicosharp
02-16-2015, 05:38 PM
At least we can safely assume that even though Saturday, Feb 14th 2015 was another failed attempt at a large tournament, all players that tried will potentially get compensated, AND there will likely be another tournament like this to reward players for free when they feel confident it can run smoothly.

OutlandishMatt
02-16-2015, 09:36 PM
I think the best solution is to reward PvE items for testing on the PvE test server. Possibly sleeves like the Alpha Tester or a mercenary. Something that doesn't really affect the economy on the live server and cannot really make anyone feel like they're at a disadvantage for not being able to participate. And the reward should be offered multiple times (decreases the value drastically if not bound) over the course of the test server's life that way those that miss out still have the opportunity.

Talso
02-16-2015, 10:02 PM
The tournament was really bad.And even the offering of a free booster pack doesnīt change the really bad experience the event was offering. A really bad experience one week after it was delayed to make improvements...
Is there anyone left who was happy with the tournament and felt it was fun? I think not. The only fun will be to open the free booster pack. But, hm, thats not what motivates me to join another free tournament ever. Free tournament with prices for everyone was an excuse for bad work. And it gave players an excuse to connect to the game and leave the computer because they thought "itīs just a test for the server, I donīt need to sit at the computer". I probably met one of those players in my match- and he was RIGHT!

That the net code can be improved is nice for the developers, but they lost my trust in them to deliver a WORKING tournament match. It was said that the match would be a test. I had no problems with connecting to the server or joining the match. But I didnīt want to join in a test when NOTHING worked at all. No chat. No deck saving. My enemy in match 2 was sitting around and didnīt play. He wasnīt timed out in the second round- I watched the timer ticking down 30minutes! After that match nothing continued. Nothing was said. AT ALL. The match continued. And continued. Continued with us players watching the lobby. I was waiting 4 hours. In the match. Not for the match. During those hours I received: A player who didnīt react with a deck of 190 cards because it wasnīt saved. It could have been a nice fight- 190 cards against 190 cards. After this fight I was waiting another... hour/hours? I quit at last. Couldnīt go crying in chat. Cry for help.
Iīm not ready to join another test if nothing works at all.

Testing the arena was another thing. It was fun to play, construction plans were buggy, there were bugs, small and not so small, but it worked and delivered the fun I was hoping for.
After losing faith in Hex being able to offer a tournament with a lot of players, Iīm losing faith in joining tournaments at all- especially if I have to pay for... Iīm not an alpha tester. And no crash test dummy. Not even on a "Test" server. The more players join Hex the more players join who donīt forgive bugs and bad experiences. REPUTATION! Go and tell your friends!
Edit3: (Deleted the line crying "what will bring my faith back buhuuuuuu cryyyy"... - Trying to keep cool some days after this brutal experience...)

Edit: Velorath said: "If not they can provide us instructions in advance on what to do if things break, or at the very least since the in-game chat is a horrible way from them to communicate when they're trying to do these tournaments/tests, let us know ahead of time that if things break they'll be giving instructions on twitter, or a twitch stream. It doesn't particularly matter where as long as they have one location for everyone to go to for info."

At the start of the event it was said "The match will start in 5min, go and leave if you donīt want to stay" or something like that. During my games in PVE, when the server was opened on Thursday, they told us via ingame popup windows "we will resolve the inventory bug" and other messages related to the state of the server. I was awaiting those messages for the tournament, too. There IS a possibility to talk to us. Saying "everything is fine, round xx will start in xx min" or "match is broken, go home" or "the tournament is experiencing some technical problems we will resolve soon." Stay up and have fun" OR WHATEVER!

Fred
02-17-2015, 11:40 AM
Have the prizes from the free tournament been handed out in the main accounts yet? I haven't received any mail on that matter yet, although I can't tell for sure if the packs just appeared in my inventory as I don't keep track of exactly how many packs I have at any given time.

Can anyone who participated in the tournaments confirm that they have received their prizes?

nicosharp
02-17-2015, 12:50 PM
Have the prizes from the free tournament been handed out in the main accounts yet? I haven't received any mail on that matter yet, although I can't tell for sure if the packs just appeared in my inventory as I don't keep track of exactly how many packs I have at any given time.

Can anyone who participated in the tournaments confirm that they have received their prizes?
Even though I finished 4-0 in the 117ish man tournament that fired and went through to completion, I don't think I will receive anything for it. I think the event as a whole was a flop, and who knows what they are going to do to compensate everyone for the time wasted? Today is the first Business day since Saturday for Hex Ent., so you should expect to see something about this today, if not, by Friday.

Also, Talso, it was a test server. The tournament was free. Your participation on the test server was not paid for. The prizes were for placement - at worst, everyone trying to play / connect may get the prizes for 0 wins?

Zophie
02-17-2015, 01:07 PM
Yeah I'm assuming they will be compensating everyone a bit more evenly than originally stated, due to the problems that came up, but we'll have to wait and see. That being said, the fact that the tourneys even fired at all was a major step forward, and I'm sure they got a ton of data from everyone including those that couldn't get in. I can't wait to read their postmortem of the event to find out how that all went on their end and what they were able to accomplish because of it.

Talso
02-17-2015, 01:36 PM
Funny thing is- I completed round 1- I donīt know how. I beat my enemy in round 2 because he didnīt appear, but we "played" the match- time ticking down for him to choose to play or draw a card. Round 2 was shown as completed some time afterwards and nothing moved on.
Did I win? One round perhaps; against a player who wanted to grab his free booster for participating. The first round? Was it a free round?
And the third round? I would have been surely not been able to play a match with my not saved hundred cards deck against an enemy whose deck was saved. But I didnīt leave because I was afraid- I left because Iīm not used to waiting for 100 hours as was probably expected from invited tournament participants, because waiting seems to be the first strength a torunament player needs.

Test server in beta- there is no excuse! It was a tournament! Big news on homepage, big tournament, free, prices... for testing reasons. If functions are to be tested then they have to build tests which can be completed in acceptable time.
That the tournament was free doesnīt change my expactation that I deserve SOME functions at least- and communication. Communicating the state of tournament is to be expected, test server, free tournament! THERE WERE HUNDREDS OF PLAYERS INVOLVED!
I donīt care for free booster/s at all. Did I win round one or did the tourney start with round 2 right away? Did I complete round 2? It showed my name and the info "completed round 2"- but I didnīt stay until round 3 because it was deep night were I live and I didnīt have the patience to wait until the PVE was closed down. How many booster is that- 1 for 0 wins, 2 for 1 win, 3 for 2 wins?
The tournament was unique, and the price / part of it should also be unique.
I donīt complain that the event was broken- well I do, but I can think of many broken tournament (mainly in other games) that were broken- but didnīt make me as disappointed as I am in this case. But I have to repeat that the combination of a disabled chat, big bugs (problems) from the start on when people tried to join and the missing communication during the whole event should not be repeated!

Phenteo
02-17-2015, 02:28 PM
Closing this thread to start into the newer one.

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=41193