PDA

View Full Version : Primal Draft Info?

OutlandishMatt
02-22-2015, 11:07 AM
So, is there any info on Primal Drafting? I mean, is this something we can see on the live server at some point? I wasn't able to experience it before the test server was taken down but I am curious about it.

nicosharp
02-22-2015, 11:33 AM
I am really curious about this too.

Mainly on Chark's thoughts on how this would be implemented live - In terms of the economy, entry fee, prizes, and what is kept?

Really excited about it, but do hope its partially phantom, and would like to discuss the above Q's.

Gwaer
02-22-2015, 11:37 AM
I believe datadragon, or someone went on a stream and said it would never be live, and once you play it you'll understand why. It was just a funny thing to test on the test server.

Zophie
02-22-2015, 12:37 PM
I believe datadragon, or someone went on a stream and said it would never be live, and once you play it you'll understand why. It was just a funny thing to test on the test server.

I still think primal sealed might work, with 3 normal packs and 3 primals for entry, it'd be cool to give that a shot sometime

nicosharp
02-22-2015, 03:24 PM
Okay, phew.... Well, maybe a future cube'ish, or power card phantom draft - At least we know they have the ability to do this type of stuff.

Chark
02-22-2015, 09:29 PM
It's not going to be available on live. We may use the format as an incentive to test some stuff on the test server in the future.

CoS
02-24-2015, 09:21 PM
Sealed Primal limited format would be amazing!!!! What would be a realistic plat price point if a particular participant did not have his own packs to supply?

Zophie
02-24-2015, 09:36 PM
Sealed Primal limited format would be amazing!!!! What would be a realistic plat price point if a particular participant did not have his own packs to supply?

I would think they'd have to get them on the AH at whatever the market sets the price at. I'm guessing around 1500/2000 plat per pack depending on the set, minimum.

Oh btw the unlimited sealed test today was actually 2 primals and 4 normal packs, and it was indeed as crazy as it sounds. :)

ossuary
02-25-2015, 05:24 AM
I would not expect CZE to ever offer primal packs for straight purchase at any price, as that would introduce a larger percentage of rares and legendaries into the economy than intended. I would also not expect to see them ever offer a primal draft or sealed option on the live servers (except for maybe a special one time event of some sort) because it would make a lot of people feel even more like the game were a rich man's playground. You'd certainly never see fire-on-demand queues for this kind of thing, because that would take forever to find 8 players crazy enough to pony up that much cash for one game. ;)

Warrender
02-25-2015, 06:16 AM
I really question the value of spending valuable development time on something that will never be implemented on the live server.

Just saying.

Eierdotter
02-25-2015, 06:53 AM
Having the Primal-normal-normal draft as a test server only thing is a great idea
gives you a special reason to participate.

but i have to admit my Mill deck was pretty fun
3 Azurefate Sorceress
2 Darkspire tyrannt

Zophie
02-25-2015, 08:27 AM
I really question the value of spending valuable development time on something that will never be implemented on the live server.

The test was for the unlimited tournament size, same as last time, they simply changed the types of packs being used to have a little fun with it, which I assume is just a quick setting they can manipulate when starting the tourney and doesn't require any "valuable development time"

Chark
02-27-2015, 12:02 PM

Just saying.

There is huge value in incentivizing players with intrinsic rewards to come test tournaments for us. Up until now we've only used 'you feel good about helping us' intrinsic reward and 'you get your constructed ticket and a pack if you help test us' extrinsic reward. The small amount of dev time to set up these tournaments is absolutely worth it to unlock the 'you feel good about trying a new novel format' intrinsic reward we can offer. The dev time is very minor in this case, because since this feature won't make it to live, deploying and testing this feature is way accelerated. All in all huge value towards the goal of getting to unlimited size tournaments.