PDA

View Full Version : Crisis 2 Available Today

Chaz1672002
02-25-2015, 08:09 AM
Crisis 2 is now available in the store... way to let us know Cryptozoic... Not.

sivartalappes
02-25-2015, 08:54 AM
Which means the store I go to probably won't have it for a week or 2. lol

Dreris
02-25-2015, 08:58 AM
I got mine last night, the cards are awesome!!!!

MStreva89
02-25-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm pretty butt hurt that I didn't find out until today, as I've been fiending to get these new Character cards into my pool.

Dreris, mind spoiling the Crisis Characters effects?

I'm waiting for one of my locals to announce that they got it to go swoop it up.

destroth
02-25-2015, 06:23 PM
I got mine last night, the cards are awesome!!!!

Hey hey!! Mine posting up the card effects? From where I an ... I won't be able to get mine till months later

Dreris
02-26-2015, 06:54 AM
The cards I like the best use the new color rules. All borders are now considered the color they are, so all starter are also "yellow" cards.

Some of them trigger off the more colors you have. I'm a fan of stuff that can improve Bargirl LOL

Gives you more of a reason to keep punches in.

Plus with all the cards they put in now you can run a Warriors of Light sub game with either competitive or cooperative.

I'll post some examples later tonight when I'm home and have my cards in my hands

aoineko
02-26-2015, 10:42 AM
There's a lot of card spoilers posted over on the BGG page.

https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1323819/complete-card-list

sivartalappes
02-26-2015, 12:51 PM
*looks at the link* the Kyle Rayner superhero ability seems kindof weak to me...

LRoq617
02-26-2015, 01:08 PM
*looks at the link* the Kyle Rayner superhero ability seems kindof weak to me...

Doesn't seem that bad. You'll never have a mediocre hand, and most hands with Weaknesses are pitchable.

AaronH
02-26-2015, 01:17 PM
Indigo 1 looks like it's going to skyrocket to the top of my group's most desirable characters. If I'm understanding the new color mechanic right, it's essentially a buffed Cyborg.

LRoq617
02-26-2015, 01:19 PM
Indigo 1 looks like it's going to skyrocket to the top of my group's most desirable characters. If I'm understanding the new color mechanic right, it's essentially a buffed Cyborg.

Sort of. Indigo-1 will trigger on Heroes and Villains, but not on cards that count as both (i.e. Element Woman) the same way that Cyborg does. For example, when played by Indigo-1, Element Woman is strictly only a blue card.

That being said, Indigo-1 is still very strong.

AaronH
02-26-2015, 01:46 PM
Yep. I mention it being a buffed Cyborg because Heroes and Villains are far more plentiful than Equipment and Superpowers, so the ability should be more useful (though the +1 won't be as big a boost, since Cyborg's +1 works on Kicks).

destroth
02-26-2015, 07:05 PM
I guess it's depends on the set your playing in .... In FE the amount of card for each type is equal ... But of coz you still have the superheroes... But then cyborg has the kick for earlier start , that's an advantage....

MStreva89
02-27-2015, 08:12 AM
It's not a buffed Cyborg, just a different Cyborg. Think about the ease of grabbing Kicks for the +1 on Cyborg. Now think of having to see a Hero or Blue card in the Line-Up for Indigo-1. Think of the abundance of Equipments due to them not being watered down like Super Powers (lower count in deck due to Kicks) and Villains or Heroes (watered down due to Super-Villains/Heroes in their respective games). Now think of Indigo-1 who has to grab a Villain from the Line-Up or the Super-Villain which costs a lot.

Now Indigo-1 does have the bonus of having Super-Villains in Classic and Heroes Unite for her draw effect which is dope. Overall, I think she's a slightly weaker version of Cyborg but with new potential synergies. (Her and Saint Walker is great whereas Cyborg and Saint Walker isn't as themed)

sivartalappes
02-27-2015, 10:47 AM
Which means the store I go to probably won't have it for a week or 2. lol

Yeah, see? I just called to see if they got it... they didn't even know anything about it. :(

sivartalappes
02-27-2015, 10:56 AM
Called the game store in the next town over. They ALSO had no idea this was out and said they could "special order it"...

Vaughnilla619
02-27-2015, 02:01 PM
Just buy it online. Thats what i did. Didnt feel like waiting for the game stores to eventually get a hold of it.

AaronH
02-27-2015, 09:08 PM
It's not a buffed Cyborg, just a different Cyborg. Think about the ease of grabbing Kicks for the +1 on Cyborg. Now think of having to see a Hero or Blue card in the Line-Up for Indigo-1. Think of the abundance of Equipments due to them not being watered down like Super Powers (lower count in deck due to Kicks) and Villains or Heroes (watered down due to Super-Villains/Heroes in their respective games). Now think of Indigo-1 who has to grab a Villain from the Line-Up or the Super-Villain which costs a lot.

Now Indigo-1 does have the bonus of having Super-Villains in Classic and Heroes Unite for her draw effect which is dope. Overall, I think she's a slightly weaker version of Cyborg but with new potential synergies. (Her and Saint Walker is great whereas Cyborg and Saint Walker isn't as themed)

Heroes outnumber Equipment in every set but Forever Evil. How is being able to draw off Heroes not stronger than drawing off Equipment? I already mentioned that the +1 from Villains isn't a buff over the +1 for Superpowers thanks to the availability of Kicks, but drawing is probably the strongest mechanic in the game, and Indigo-1 gets to draw more than Cyborg (who is already among the best Character cards even with the limited availability of Equipment in the first two sets). It's definitely a buff if you're playing him in the first two sets.

Either way, she's definitely a top-tier Character.

ToSGod
02-28-2015, 07:29 AM
I just bought this and I'm a little confused on "Black Lantern Blue Beetle"
Villian for 7. +3 Power and each foe discards a Defense card. Attack: Each Foe discards all Defense cards he has in hand and in play.

So what stops your opponents from using their Defense cards to avoid this attack?

LRoq617
02-28-2015, 07:42 AM
Heroes outnumber Equipment in every set but Forever Evil. How is being able to draw off Heroes not stronger than drawing off Equipment? I already mentioned that the +1 from Villains isn't a buff over the +1 for Superpowers thanks to the availability of Kicks, but drawing is probably the strongest mechanic in the game, and Indigo-1 gets to draw more than Cyborg (who is already among the best Character cards even with the limited availability of Equipment in the first two sets). It's definitely a buff if you're playing him in the first two sets.

Either way, she's definitely a top-tier Character.

Just to clarify, you got this backwards. Indigo-1 draws off of Villains and gets +1 if she plays a Hero, not the other way around.

Chaz1672002
02-28-2015, 07:43 AM
An opponent can use a defense on the attack portion "Each foe discards all defense cards he has in hand and in play". The beginning text "+3 power and each foe discards a defense card" is not an attack so it cannot be avoided.

ToSGod
02-28-2015, 08:11 AM
An opponent can use a defense on the attack portion "Each foe discards all defense cards he has in hand and in play". The beginning text "+3 power and each foe discards a defense card" is not an attack so it cannot be avoided.

I understand this, but it just seems very corner case that you wouldn't use a defense in response to the attack portion...

Vaughnilla619
02-28-2015, 08:47 AM
No hes saying you can defend the attack part with a defense but not the first part with the +3 power. So youd have to have 2 defense cards in your hand pretty much.

sivartalappes
02-28-2015, 09:02 AM
I'm very confused by that wording (note: I don't have the cards yet) as well.... because an attack that makes people "discard all defense cards"... but they can just PLAY one of those defense cards to avoid it... so it seems like that attack doesn't really work...

Vaughnilla619
02-28-2015, 09:36 AM
No the first ability tells you to discard 1 defense card. The attack portion then tells you to dicard all defense cards.

I guess it just forces your opponent to use all of his defense cards.

I can think of a good example.

So say you had 2 defense cards in your hand and i play that black lantern blue beetle card. It forces you to discard 1 of your defenses and pretty much use your 2nd one of you want the bonus of that defense card instead of just having to discard it for nothing. So then if i have another attack in my hand you cant defend it unless you have a third defense. Better chances of getting those defense cards out of your opponents hands for when super villians come out.

ToSGod
02-28-2015, 09:36 AM
No hes saying you can defend the attack part with a defense but not the first part with the +3 power. So youd have to have 2 defense cards in your hand pretty much.
I'm quite aware of the mechanics of the game. I'm just curious if I'm just reading it weird or is the attack just bad?

I'm very confused by that wording (note: I don't have the cards yet) as well.... because an attack that makes people "discard all defense cards"... but they can just PLAY one of those defense cards to avoid it... so it seems like that attack doesn't really work...
Exactly my problem. Like if I have an attack I'll just use my defense to avoid discarding it.

Vaughnilla619
02-28-2015, 09:38 AM
It just pretty much garuntees that you make your opponent discard at least 1 defense without its benefit

Vaughnilla619
02-28-2015, 09:39 AM
It just eats up 2 defense cards... Simple answer.

midnight_rider
02-28-2015, 09:51 AM
It just eats up 2 defense cards... Simple answer.

Yes. It's only confusing if you over think it.

destroth
02-28-2015, 12:09 PM
Just curious on the wording defense card "in play" , how can there be a foe with a def card in play when it is during your turn ?

sivartalappes
02-28-2015, 12:14 PM
Just curious on the wording defense card "in play" , how can there be a foe with a def card in play when it is during your turn ?

there's that forcefield card from, I think, Heroes United... you play it, it draws a card and then stays infront of you like a location that you can then discard to avoid attacks...

Matt_Hyra
02-28-2015, 12:18 PM

Force Field from Heroes Unite.

To clarify the card: If you have 1 Defense card, you will have to discard it before you can avoid the Attack. If you have 2+ Defenses, you discard 1, but can then avoid the Attack.

AaronH
02-28-2015, 12:48 PM
Just to clarify, you got this backwards. Indigo-1 draws off of Villains and gets +1 if she plays a Hero, not the other way around.

Yeah, I derped there. But that's even better as Villains outnumber Heroes in most of the sets (again, aside from FE), plus the Super-Villains.

aoineko
02-28-2015, 09:31 PM

Force Field in Heroes Unite

Crisis 2 also introduces Mogo

destroth
03-01-2015, 12:38 AM
Thx guys for the clarification :)

Tamahome
03-01-2015, 01:49 PM
Anyone else having a hard time locating this? All lgs around me cant seem to get it in

DimeDrl
03-01-2015, 07:07 PM

It's only confusing because people aren't explaining this well.

When you play the card, it plays in order from top to bottom.

The cards is printed as follows:

+3 Power and each foe discards a Defense card.

Attack: Each Foe discards all Defense cards he has in hand and in play.

The first line happens first. +3 Power for you and then everyone else discards a defense card. This cannot be defended. You do not get the defense cards ability for discarding it. It's just lost from your hand.

THEN the card attacks. All remaining defense cards are discarded unless you can defend the attack. If you only had one defense card, it's already gone and the attack does nothing. If you DID have a second defense card, you are forced to play it to gain it's defense ability rather than lose it for nothing. If you happen to be lucky enough to have more than two defenses (including Force Field in play) then you are forced to play a second defense just to protect your third and further defense cards.

Should be simple to understand now.

sivartalappes
03-01-2015, 07:14 PM
But why would anyone ever NOT defend against the attack portion of an attack card? That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. Nobody would NOT defend, and therefore be forced to discard defense cards for the attack portion. Because if you have defense cards, an attack to discard them them seems like a useless attack to me.

DimeDrl
03-01-2015, 07:45 PM
They wouldn't. That's the whole point. The regular Blue Beetle cards is a perma-defense and the Black Lantern Blue Beetle is a guaranteed to succeed attack.

Thematically, think of each defense card as an energy shield. If you have two defense cards, BLBB totally obliterates the first one, then he crashes into the second one with force. You're choice is whether he shatters that one too or bounces off of it.

As for when you might not choose to defend, it might be strategy. Let's say I know the next card on my deck is a weakness. It was revealed somehow (like X-ray vision). I have that second defense, but I also have a card that let's me destroy the top card of my deck. The defense card forces a draw if I play it against BLBB's attack, and that weakness would go to my hand where I can't destroy it anymore. I would discard the defense rather than use it to keep that weakness where it is so I can destroy it as my first play on my next turn.

Tamahome
03-01-2015, 08:15 PM
The first part of the effect is not the attack. That is why its devestating.

midnight_rider
03-01-2015, 08:58 PM
But why would anyone ever NOT defend against the attack portion of an attack card? That's the part that doesn't make sense to me. Nobody would NOT defend, and therefore be forced to discard defense cards for the attack portion. Because if you have defense cards, an attack to discard them them seems like a useless attack to me.

Sometimes I will choose not to defend an attack because the offensive ability/power of the defense card may be of greater benefit to me on my next turn.

DimeDrl
03-01-2015, 09:27 PM
QTF. But, this is the one card where that strategy doesn't work because you still can't keep the defense card. It's a total lose proposition where the only benefit of not defending is it keeps the defense effect from changing your carefully planned strategy for your next turn.

MStreva89
03-02-2015, 06:52 AM
DimeDrl, you're 100% right in your argument. My friends and I have looked at this card and realized there's only 2 logical plays with this card.

1) You're playing mixed and wish to force the Defenses out of your opponent's hands prior to hitting them harder (Constructs of Fear or Power Drain come to mind).

2) Sinestro is your Character and this card either nabs 1 Defense and connects to trigger him or you nab 2 Defenses.

DimeDrl
03-02-2015, 09:01 AM
It's designed primarily with Crisis mode in mind. When it enters the line-up, it attacks everyone and the entire team loses all it's defenses. Using it from your own deck is weaker because it's not focused towards competitive play.

MStreva89
03-02-2015, 09:50 AM
How is it not made for competitive play...? It's an attack that "attacks" before it attacks... that's amazing for competitive play because it really shafts your opponent and can potentially give you a huge advantage.

Of course it was designed for Crisis Mode, but that doesn't mean it can't be used for another.

destroth
03-02-2015, 06:57 PM
I think this card is perfect for competitive play ...

At first the attack of the card make little sense to me ... I mean why wouldn't you Defense against the attack of that card ?

But if i am using that card and I know a stronger attack is coming , either you have another attack card or you probably can get the super villian to trigger the first appearance attack , I would want my opponent hand to be free of defense cards.

DimeDrl
03-02-2015, 08:34 PM
I didn't say it wasn't meant for competitive, I just said it's weak in competitive, like Quiver of Arrows from Crisis 1.

StormKing
03-02-2015, 08:49 PM
I didn't say it wasn't meant for competitive, I just said it's weak in competitive, like Quiver of Arrows from Crisis 1.

It is not weak in competitive for the reason he explained.

It guarantees Defense cards are played, so you follow it up with another Attack or beating a Super-Villain so you know they likely can't defend.

MStreva89
03-03-2015, 08:13 AM
DimeDrl, I think you're extremely mistaken when comparing Black Lantern Blue Beetle to Quiver of Arrows... You're comparing a card that's a 1 cost Equipment that checks the top card of your deck to a 6 cost Villain that gives +3 Power, performs an unavoidable attack, then attacks that forces a Defense to be used. Quite frankly, he is amazing to the point where I would be hesitant to allow him play in competitive with how much influence he can muster with a single play. Imagine burning out their Defenses and then hitting them with a Broadsword or Power Drain that really ruin things? Powerful.

destroth
03-03-2015, 10:04 AM
I think it will work well in competitive mode ... That card give me several good combo idea and it seems to fit into my custom deck pretty well :) .... I have a habit to play with no def... It's risky but it does pay off... Now with blue beetle I can't be happier ^^ seeing other player discard def cards while I don't have one to begin with to discard :p .. Well not the best strat but still an option ... Seing those power armor, super speed, green lantern ring getting flush down the drain ... And of coz blue beetle himself...

Is there anymore cool Attack from crisis 2? I wouldn't getime till perhaps next or two weeks later :(

LRoq617
03-03-2015, 12:58 PM
I think it will work well in competitive mode ... That card give me several good combo idea and it seems to fit into my custom deck pretty well :) .... I have a habit to play with no def... It's risky but it does pay off... Now with blue beetle I can't be happier ^^ seeing other player discard def cards while I don't have one to begin with to discard :p .. Well not the best strat but still an option ... Seing those power armor, super speed, green lantern ring getting flush down the drain ... And of coz blue beetle himself...

Is there anymore cool Attack from crisis 2? I wouldn't getime till perhaps next or two weeks later :(

Black Lantern Martian Manhunter is filthy.

8-cost Villain, 3 VP, +3 Power. Attack: Each foe discards a card at random. You may play each of those cards, then return them to their owner's discard piles.

Tuner89
03-03-2015, 03:07 PM
My group had a ton of fun with this set. We felt it was a lot more balanced than the first set, and a lot less sitting around 'waiting for things to buy to beat the next crisis' other than a couple scenarios. We had one hilarious moment where the line-up was 3 copies of 'Whirlwind' and my friend had just beaten the super-villain on the stack. Ending his turn, The Red Tornado hero flipped over. The next crisis to flip over was 'Heroic Sacrifice' which caused him to switch out his hero for an unused random one, and he randomly selected Red Tornado. The game was probably trying to tell us something, it was pretty funny.

http://i.imgur.com/vX8aRWC.jpg

StormKing
03-03-2015, 03:48 PM
My group had a ton of fun with this set. We felt it was a lot more balanced than the first set, and a lot less sitting around 'waiting for things to buy to beat the next crisis' other than a couple scenarios. We had one hilarious moment where the line-up was 3 copies of 'Whirlwind' and my friend had just beaten the super-villain on the stack. Ending his turn, The Red Tornado hero flipped over. The next crisis to flip over was 'Heroic Sacrifice' which caused him to switch out his hero for an unused random one, and he randomly selected Red Tornado. The game was probably trying to tell us something, it was pretty funny.

That's amazing.

aoineko
03-03-2015, 05:32 PM

That is beautiful.

destroth
03-03-2015, 05:35 PM
Black Lantern Martian Manhunter is filthy.

8-cost Villain, 3 VP, +3 Power. Attack: Each foe discards a card at random. You may play each of those cards, then return them to their owner's discard piles.

Wow that's even better than starro @.@

sivartalappes
03-06-2015, 10:12 AM
Just called my local game store to see if they got Crisis 2 yet. Their answer:

"We did not. All their stuff has been delayed in port, and we have no idea when we're getting it."

LRoq617
03-06-2015, 11:23 AM
Just called my local game store to see if they got Crisis 2 yet. Their answer:

"We did not. All their stuff has been delayed in port, and we have no idea when we're getting it."

Welcome to Alliance Distributing in a nutshell. I've been through at least 4 different LGS's for DC because of it. Check other stores if your area has any. I wish you the best of luck.

sivartalappes
03-06-2015, 11:48 AM
There is only one other FLAGS in the area. They didn't even know the expansion was released yet...

destroth
03-06-2015, 05:44 PM
Mine just arrived yesterday , but haven't got the time to explore it yet ! Probably tonight ^^

Mac_Apple
03-06-2015, 08:31 PM

We had a similar situation where the game hated Shazam. Both the copies of the Shazam! Super Power were destroyed over the course of the game, Crisis Shazam! was destroyed by Heroic Sacrifice, and the Red Lantern Power Ring was used to destroy World's Mightiest Mortal and beat Nekron.

vbui0803
03-09-2015, 11:27 PM
I had a question. I got my crisis 2 set with the new justice league sleeves for my whole collection of DC deck cards :] but I did not understand why I got more prints of Kyle Rayner and Plastic Man heroes in the crisis 2 expansion? Is there a reasoning behind printing more duplicates of these two heroes? Because we all already have them from HU, and I would have preferred to have seen some new heroes.

midnight_rider
03-09-2015, 11:56 PM
I had a question. I got my crisis 2 set with the new justice league sleeves for my whole collection of DC deck cards :] but I did not understand why I got more prints of Kyle Rayner and Plastic Man heroes in the crisis 2 expansion? Is there a reasoning behind printing more duplicates of these two heroes? Because we all already have them from HU, and I would have preferred to have seen some new heroes.

The text is different on the new Kyle Rayner and Plastic Man. Errata. They are meant to replace the old versions.

Bomb
03-10-2015, 08:01 AM
How long does it take to play Crisis 2? Is it comparable to Crisis 1?

Thanks!

Matt_Hyra
03-10-2015, 08:56 AM
How long does it take to play Crisis 2? Is it comparable to Crisis 1?

Thanks!

Should take less time. There aren't the Crisis cards that require everyone to participate, so it takes less coordination/timing.

Tuner89
03-10-2015, 05:30 PM
The text is different on the new Kyle Rayner and Plastic Man. Errata. They are meant to replace the old versions.

Are we meant to replace our old copies and take them out of the deck, or add the new copies and use the new text when we play the old copies?

AaronH
03-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Replace the old copies. They're errata, not extra.

sivartalappes
03-10-2015, 10:38 PM
Since I have no idea when I'll get to have my hands on a copy of Crisis 2, what do the errata'd Kyle Rayner and Plastic Man say? In other words, what has changed?

Bomb
03-11-2015, 08:22 AM
Should take less time. There aren't the Crisis cards that require everyone to participate, so it takes less coordination/timing.

Thanks so much Matt. I'll have to grab a copy soon!

gerrymul
03-11-2015, 09:38 AM
Since I have no idea when I'll get to have my hands on a copy of Crisis 2, what do the errata'd Kyle Rayner and Plastic Man say? In other words, what has changed?

Don't have the text in front of me, but the gist is that Plastic Man only copies the text from the equipment card (and thus remains a hero) and doesn't become a copy of that card (thus not being an actual power ring if that is what he copies).
Kyle Rayner text change is essentially that the bonus power and insta-win are only for different rings, not for copies or from rings played multiple times.

LexLuthorJr
03-12-2015, 11:05 PM
I was just wondering if there is any reason the Crisis Packs could not be mixed. Could you, say, mix all the Impossible Super Villains from Crisis 1 and Crisis 2, then randomly select the Super Villains to face in the game? Same with the Crisis cards? Seems like it would be even more of a challenge.

aoineko
03-13-2015, 12:11 AM
The Crisis packs are fully compatible. Feel free to mix whichever cards you want!

sivartalappes
03-13-2015, 08:03 PM
Still not in my area yet. I'm told that it's still being held up at the docks on the Cali side of the country. *groans* I may NEVER get this game in hand. Guess I'll have to buy online rather than support my local gaming store.

sbaleno
03-14-2015, 06:27 AM
Rule Clarification:

Crisis Black Adam's card text reads that the top card of each deck is turned over for the player to choose one and gain. Does this mean that the top card of the main deck is also turned over?

If SO:

Last night I had Shazam's Super Power from HU, and Black Adam in my hand. I played the Super Power and the top of the main deck revealed Black Lantern Martian Manhunter (awesome!), so I played it and put it back on top of the deck. Then I played Black Adam and grabbed BLMM and put it in my hand to use again. Now my friends have to discard a second random card (http://i.imgur.com/2o5OIGK.gif) (even. more. awesome!). Was this a legal move / interpretation of the the card's text? Just wondering...

aoineko
03-14-2015, 08:57 AM
Yes, to the Black Adam question. This is covered in the Specific Card Clarifications section.

sbaleno
03-14-2015, 09:06 AM
Thanks! I had a feeling it was covered in there, but I left the rule book in another state last week. Much appreciated!

*edit* Just realized you meant the thread. duh. My bad.

destroth
03-14-2015, 11:32 PM
Still not in my area yet. I'm told that it's still being held up at the docks on the Cali side of the country. *groans* I may NEVER get this game in hand. Guess I'll have to buy online rather than support my local gaming store.

I'm from Southeast Asia, and I already got mine ^^

vbui0803
03-15-2015, 12:57 AM
I just played a game with my little brother with crisis 2 cards and HU set. Very fun and we enjoyed it. But one crisis we decided to not include in the mix was that DEMONIC SUMMONING. We did not like that crisis and with the only way to beat it having cost 6 card in both of our discard was VERY difficult to pull off when we looked at how many cost 6 cards are in the main deck excluding the villains. I just thought this crisis was too much to play with. But anyone else share or is against this opinion? I am curious because I have no problem with all of the crises including 1st ones, but this one I just can't seem to work with. But even DIMENSIONAL SHIFT in the 1st crisis expansion was okay, but I just don't feel this crisis is beatable most of the time.

aoineko
03-15-2015, 08:52 AM
I just played a game with my little brother with crisis 2 cards and HU set. Very fun and we enjoyed it. But one crisis we decided to not include in the mix was that DEMONIC SUMMONING. We did not like that crisis and with the only way to beat it having cost 6 card in both of our discard was VERY difficult to pull off when we looked at how many cost 6 cards are in the main deck excluding the villains. I just thought this crisis was too much to play with. But anyone else share or is against this opinion? I am curious because I have no problem with all of the crises including 1st ones, but this one I just can't seem to work with. But even DIMENSIONAL SHIFT in the 1st crisis expansion was okay, but I just don't feel this crisis is beatable most of the time.

Just checking that you are playing it right. You need three 6 cost cards total, not each. So, between all team members you need to destroy just three cards. You also get a lot of them back that were destroyed by the first Crisis, so it's not really that hard to do.

vbui0803
03-15-2015, 01:14 PM
Yeah that's how we were playing. But between the main decks, it was really hard for us to have 3 total because there weren't that many 6 cost cards and the ones that came into play were all villains so unless someone was black canary. It was hard for us though, it doesn't seem that hard but we had difficulty beating this crisis so eventually we took it out

destroth
03-15-2015, 08:12 PM
Demonic Summoning is problematic if it come out quite at the beginning when most 6 cost card are not in play.... and you would have to wait for them to appear.

There is a total of 7 6-cost cards excluding villian (villian on the other hand have a total of 5) which makes it easier if Black Canary is in play but else it can be quite a pain to wait for the cost 6 cards to show itself. Actually what would be fun is that demonic would bring forth 10 random destroyed villians from the destroyed pile, and the players are required to clear them once again

LexLuthorJr
03-16-2015, 06:58 PM
I think Demonic Summoning is one Crisis that is actually easier with more players. The sixes come out a little faster and can spread out a bit more.

We've played the Crisis with five of us a few times and it is next to impossible. The stack just runs out too quick. We would need someone to play as Cyborg to have a chance.