PDA

View Full Version : AI Misplays Feb 24-28

GaiusMarcus
02-27-2015, 08:25 AM
How many can we count:
Ballistics Expert used Flak Scrapper to sacrifice the Command Tower in place as part of the match challenge.

In the same match, the Ballistics Expert used its charge power on one of my troops, when it had two candidates available.

Axle
02-27-2015, 08:28 AM
edit: Aaaand then they did a decently sized patched after I made this post. Yeah I'd say it's different enough now for a new thread.

Audens
02-27-2015, 11:49 PM
Hero of Adamanth attacked me with his Mindcaller when he had 5 life and no other blockers on the board, even though I had a War Hulk. I swung in and killed him the following turn, without him playing an answer. I also had 2 1/1 Worker Bots on the field, so he may not have realized that they were defensive and thought I had lethal regardless?

Halcyonn
02-28-2015, 02:19 AM
Gobbleglade Witch used its charge power to make my 4/4 Living Totem battle my Paladin of the Necropolis which didn't work because it requires she target her own troop.

Hero of Adamanth continuously plays and bounces the same buccaneer over and over again. I have troops, but they are spellshielded due to soul marble, so he likely doesn't realize he can not activate the ability.

Kardh
02-28-2015, 10:51 AM
Seaweed Behemoth played a Storm Cloud and immediately sacrificed it before it had any storm counters.

Second turn, nothing on the board.

Kardh
02-28-2015, 11:04 AM
Eldritch Dreamer played Stormcall despite my having Constantina so it had no effect.

Edit: and next turn it used its charge power on my Constantina

kareal
02-28-2015, 02:24 PM
Zodiac Shaman played Zodiac Divination with no cards in deck and immediately lost the game.

kareal
02-28-2015, 04:54 PM
Nelebrin Scout played Crazed Squirrel Titan and battled my 5/6 Fiendish Cabalist instead of the Ruby Pyromancer killing the Crazed Squirrel Titan.

nicosharp
02-28-2015, 05:39 PM
Eldritch Dreamer will still use charge power on opposing troops. Oddly, despite the loose language of his charge power text. The opposing troop will draw cards for that opposing player (I draw the card when I deal damage with my troop that he buffed).

Audens
02-28-2015, 11:18 PM
Storm Cloud used Stormcall when the only thing I could attack with was a 1/1 and he had a 0/4 blocker on the field. I also had a 3/5 flyer on the field, but I had just played it, so I couldn't attack with it. It did let him get in 1 point of damage, but I was at 16 life, so the Stormcall was effectively wasted.

Dragon Guard Stalwart didn't use his Chimera Guard Officers to gain life when I used Sapper's Charge on him when he had two life.

Zodiac Shamn didn't attack with Stargazer, even though I had no blockers on the field. I think it may have wanted to use one of its exhaust powers, but it didn't have any non-Wild thresholds.

Zodiac Shaman used Shard of Fate to gain more Wild threshold even though it already had 2 Wild threshold and no other thresholds. It also later used a Shard of Fate to gain another Wild threshold when it had 4 Wild threshold and 1 Sapphire, but 0 Diamond.

Zodiac Shaman kept using Pact of Life's equipment ability to pay 5 and put a shard in its hand, even though it had a Living Totem that it could have been buffing instead.

When I attacked with a 5/5 with crush and a 3/3, Zodiac Shaman blocked the 3/3 with a 2/2 and the 5/5 with a 1/1, even though doing the opposite would have resulted in one less point of damage. (The damage with lethal regardless though.)

Xavon
03-01-2015, 08:55 AM
I notice the AI doesn't handle crush well in general. I have stopped counting the number of times it has sent a chump blocker in against one of my bigger crush troops and blocked non-Crush troops with high [DEF] blockers. Or blocked a Crush troop with only one blocker even though it had others and let lethal damage through.

Axle
03-01-2015, 12:01 PM
Malice Demon plays Incite Fury on his Ruby Pyromancer AFTER he swings with it.

http://i.imgur.com/8EOomDn.jpg
As shown here, it's 3/1 due to the rage 1 given but Malice, and if he played Incite Fury before combat, it would have been 5/1

Later in the game he Call of the Grave'd my Crazed Squirrel Titan with no means to play it. No screenshot to show since it was in his hand. The main thing to note is that he had no troops in his graveyard before playing Call of the Grave, so was forced to grab from mine. Problem lies in him deciding to use Call of the Grave then.

Darkspire Enforcer discarded a Darkspire Priestess with 3 resources and a 8 card hand.
http://i.imgur.com/3qZzp1W.jpg

------
Ballistic Expert still giving his charge power to you when he can target his own guys, as said in the OP.

Ballistic Expert also used Flak Scrapper to target my 5/5 exhausted troop, and proceeded to have no follow up as my troop healed the damage at the end of the turn.

----------

Eurig played Robotic Rapture when he had no artifacts in grave.

Rhodry
03-01-2015, 12:25 PM
Incite fury played on my troop

But more importantly, AI does not handle well (at all?) swift strike: many time today it attacked with a troop with less health that the attack of my ready troop with swiftstrike (no combat trick either).

Audens
03-01-2015, 12:31 PM
Ruby Enchantress didn't block my two 5/5s, even though it had 15 health and I had a enough troops to use Volcannon twice.

Malice Demon will use its champion power then not attack with the troop, even though it dies at the end of its turn anyway.

King Gabriel played Sister Cynthia, and her void power was triggered, but he voided zero cards with it.

Sniper of Gawaine uses his champion power before playing troops, instead of after.

Xarlox used Inquisition, saw that I only had shards in my hand, then played another Inquisition.

The AI isn't good at apportioning damage between blockers. I blocked a 2/4 with a 3/5 and a 1/1, and it allocated all of the damage to the 3/5. It did the same thing when I blocked a 4/4 and a 3/5 and a 1/1.

fido_one
03-02-2015, 09:27 AM
Incite fury played on my troop

But more importantly, AI does not handle well (at all?) swift strike: many time today it attacked with a troop with less health that the attack of my ready troop with swiftstrike (no combat trick either).

+1, forgot the opponent AI (one that does rage 1 on each troop I think), but all Incite Furies were played on my troops (opp did not have troops on the board) - buffed my living totem to a rage 5 by turn 4 which was nice.

Estar1
03-02-2015, 07:17 PM
Odd AI bug with mentor of oakhenge.

On avalanche giant just by having an oakhenge that would trade with his troops the AI would not attack. Upon him burning the oakhenge he attacked even though my arena warrior could trade as well.

On other matches AIs will not block a 5/1 oakhenge (buffed by lionel) even tho it had a 2/2 in play that could trade. (unless it would die from it)

Extraneous
03-03-2015, 08:42 AM
AI has, on multiple occasions, simply not blocked Killipede, even when it has the blockers to do so and even when a single hit from Killipede will kill it. Perhaps it doesn't understand Killipede's effect?

Caruso
03-05-2015, 03:32 AM
Mentor of the grave - ai could have pumped Blood Savant +4/+4 to block-kill here

http://i57.tinypic.com/zvwtn8.jpg

Axle
03-05-2015, 11:31 AM
Nah man. Blood Savant can only be used during your own turn. It has BASIC. Unless Mentor of the Grave has an ability to make it be not basic, but I don't think so? I don't remember what her passive is.

ossuary
03-05-2015, 02:06 PM
Yeah, that's not a bug. Blood Savant's ability is indeed basic. Mentor of the Grave's passive gives any troop that returns to her hand from the graveyard +1/+1, and her charge power allows her to void a troop in her graveyard to gain life equal to its defense.

tehhuntre
03-05-2015, 04:17 PM
None of the AIs seem to know what to do with the Bird o' Plenty. They all seem to think it is just a 0/1 flyer and swing into it regardless. I win lots of game this way.

tehhuntre
03-05-2015, 06:44 PM
Avalanche Giant - Gem Snatchers have the speed gem and speed equipment (helmet).

Xavon
03-05-2015, 07:56 PM
I just had Blood Sphinx try to Murder my Fist of Brigaddon.

Didn't work.