PDA

View Full Version : Game Lag

EntropyBall
02-27-2015, 08:41 AM
I found the client to be pretty sluggish during the actual play in the last tournament. The initial pairing process seemed to go well, but it was pretty "laggy" for me when I was actually playing the game. Did others find that to be the case? Weak test server hardware? Just a problem on my end?

Kami
02-27-2015, 09:24 AM
I found the client to be pretty sluggish during the actual play in the last tournament. The initial pairing process seemed to go well, but it was pretty "laggy" for me when I was actually playing the game. Did others find that to be the case? Weak test server hardware? Just a problem on my end?

Were you playing on a computer with integrated graphics? If you were, HEX defaults to using the integrated graphics card unless you manually set your system to use your discrete graphics for HEX.

Additionally, the HEX test client sometimes spikes for CPU usage. Averaging from 3-18% constant on average.

EntropyBall
02-27-2015, 01:00 PM
I was not. I was playing on my desktop that has a real GPU. And the normal client is quite snappy on it now, which is why the primal sealed being slow was odd. On my laptop, even the live server is sluggish.

Kami
02-27-2015, 01:19 PM
Odd, I play it on both my laptop and desktop and haven't experienced any issues in terms of performance other than the ones I've listed above.

What are your system specs?