PDA

View Full Version : Large tournament stress test 3/7

Phenteo
03-05-2015, 02:23 PM
Were hosting another large tournament stress test!

With the new tournament coding in place, weve been receiving a lot of valuable data from these tests. With that in mind, wed like to run another large scale tournament! We received over 500 testers last weekend and the tournament almost made it. This gives us a very bright future and wed love to try it out again!

Read more here: https://hextcg.com/large-tournament-stress-test-mar7/

Edswor
03-05-2015, 02:45 PM
Great. Let's hope "this is the time" ;) .

Zophie
03-05-2015, 03:08 PM
Might be the first one I won't be able to make it to, we got tabletop night this saturday, but I might still try to multitask and run it on my laptop on the side ;)

RCDv57
03-05-2015, 03:29 PM
Are you guys gonna run this on the same server as last time?

Zophie
03-05-2015, 03:31 PM
Are you guys gonna run this on the same toaster as last time?

fixed that for you :D

deathandtexas
03-05-2015, 03:34 PM
pass

RCDv57
03-05-2015, 03:38 PM
fixed that for you :D

Thanks

balgus
03-05-2015, 03:50 PM
i was just wondering, it says you had to be logged into the test before feb 1st to have an account. i only started playing a week ago but i downloaded the test client and i was able to log in using my live details and get on anyway. does this mean i would be able to play in the matches but just not receive any of the rewards or would i get the rewards also?

Zophie
03-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Thanks

Kidding aside, I'm continuously impressed with what they're accomplishing with the test server considering the low end specs it has, and how much work they're putting into optimizing the code. It shows they are really planning on expanding their playerbase in the future and they're putting in the extra effort this early to support that growth instead of trying to fix everything after the fact and being unprepared. Major props to the devs for this :cool:

RCDv57
03-05-2015, 04:28 PM
i was just wondering, it says you had to be logged into the test before feb 1st to have an account. i only started playing a week ago but i downloaded the test client and i was able to log in using my live details and get on anyway. does this mean i would be able to play in the matches but just not receive any of the rewards or would i get the rewards also?

Sadly, you wont even be able to log into the Test server where those matches will be played.

balgus
03-05-2015, 04:45 PM
Sadly, you wont even be able to log into the Test server where those matches will be played.

i was able to take part in the one last weekend that crashed tho thats my point unless this is totaly different to that one

Zophie
03-05-2015, 04:48 PM
i was able to take part in the one last weekend that crashed tho thats my point unless this is totaly different to that one

If you were able to log in last weekend then your login should still work this weekend.

balgus
03-05-2015, 04:57 PM
If you were able to log in last weekend then your login should still work this weekend.
ye i assumed that, that wasn't my question tho^^ i wanted to know if i would be able to get rewards if i won even tho i wasn't logged in before feb 1st.

because it wasn't synched up with my main live account i had to pick a nickname again and select a starter deck

Zophie
03-05-2015, 05:10 PM
ye i assumed that, that wasn't my question tho^^ i wanted to know if i would be able to get rewards if i won even tho i wasn't logged in before feb 1st.

because it wasn't synched up with my main live account i had to pick a nickname again and select a starter deck

oooh, I see what you mean now, yeah I'm not sure how that would be handled then

IronPheasant
03-05-2015, 05:13 PM
So what do we get to keep on live? The prizes? Nothing? It seems unlikely the primal cards would transfer over, since that's like 30 giggity dollars a person.

If it's just for fun and test server cards, it's pretty important for me to know. Since participating would require staying up rather late for me.

ManofPeace
03-05-2015, 05:26 PM
So what do we get to keep on live? The prizes? Nothing? It seems unlikely the primal cards would transfer over, since that's like 30 giggity dollars a person.

If it's just for fun and test server cards, it's pretty important for me to know. Since participating would require staying up rather late for me.

You do not get the cards you draft. You receive the prizes and/or whatever the compensation is.

Erebus
03-05-2015, 06:06 PM

The prizes for the tournament (listed below) will be delivered to your live account. So 1 pack just for showing up, up to 10 packs for 4-0. So it's up to you if that is worth it.

IronPheasant
03-05-2015, 06:56 PM
Alrighty, thanks a lot guys.

Gonna be plenty tough eeking out any wins considering how fried my brain would be..

qwertey6
03-05-2015, 08:03 PM
Awww, you planned this right during PAX... I REALLY wish I could do the tournament, but it's smack in the middle of PAX

negativeZer0
03-13-2015, 11:40 AM
So not to be a:
But how did this go?
(I was also at Pax)

Scammanator
03-13-2015, 02:39 PM
If I recall correctly, it got up to 700 participants and started launching. Pack generation was a bit slow though, such that some people started deck-building right away, and others had to wait. It was to the point that some people ran through their 15-minute deck-building timer before others actually got their packs and entered deck-building. The tournament was cancelled shortly after that started happening.

I'd say it was a relative success. :D

negativeZer0
03-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Thanks