PDA

View Full Version : Crisis 2 : Hard mode: Immortal Villain

Xarinth
03-08-2015, 01:01 PM
One of the hard modes is to keep Immortal Villain in play after it is defeated, the rule then states it has "When an attack leaves play, resolve against each player(same wording as on Impossible Vandal Savage, I don't have card in front of me sorry.)" Does this replace the Immortal Villain text of replacing 6+ non-villains that enter lineup? Or does it enhance it, and you just never get to use the 6+ cards without destroyed pile access?

Thank you for your time.

Matt_Hyra
03-09-2015, 01:05 AM
Good eye!
That hard mode should have read that you keep VANDAL SAVAGE next to the board, not Immortal Villain.

BenJazz
03-09-2015, 10:47 AM
That is good to hear. I am just curious though if you guys had the effects switched in early development as it would have felt more intuitive to keep Immortal Villain out (since Arkham Breakout was left out for Crisis 1).

Also, got to say that we are loving the feel of the Crisis 2 cards with Heroes United. Gives the game a whole new feel that leads to some great combos. I can't wait for JSA crossover pack later this month.

Matt_Hyra
03-09-2015, 02:00 PM
Yes, that is how the typo occurred.

Glad you like Crisis 2! JSA is great as well...

Xarinth
03-09-2015, 05:00 PM
Thank you for the response! We played it assuming it was similar to that (replacing the current text) and we got to keep the 6+ cards, because otherwise an already hard mode becomes nearly impossible.

(We played both games combined, all hardmode options from both...it was grueling and FUN!)

I agree with BenJazz, can't wait for JSA and Arrow.

Matt, do you think there is a chance of Forever Evil getting a Crisis set? I would love to see how that played out, not to mention a crisis balanced with FE would be a lot of fun I think (Crisis 2 with FE is brutal.)

Matt_Hyra
03-09-2015, 05:19 PM
We have not yet announced a Crisis 3. You will just have to wait and see...

Arrojacast
03-15-2015, 08:23 PM
Crisis 3 should be Forever evil (Forever Crisis!) but I have a feeling it will be for Teen Titans. It should be FE.
Also, Rivals 2 needs to be a priority for 2016 in my opinion (I have seen no one say they have not liked it, I LOVED it, so did everyone who played with me!) I am not sure what to think of the cross-over pack idea...I will reserve judgement on them until I have tried them out. As a final note...Crisis was good for several reasons, Rivals 2 was better in almost all those ways and Rivals is the best for 2 player. Keep up the good work.

aoineko
03-15-2015, 10:21 PM
I'm pretty biased, but the Crossover Packs are a lot of fun and will hopefully give you enough until any more Crisis announcements are made. While working on the Crossover Packs, I was actually really surprised how much the game changes when you swap the Super Heroes, Super-Villains, and add a dozen new main deck cards.

Tamahome
03-17-2015, 11:26 AM
And we are only a week away from release! Keep pumping them out and as always, cryptozoic take my money!