PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - Frost Ring Arena Patch Overview and Patch Notes

Phenteo
03-10-2015, 03:39 AM
Greetings HEXers!

We've posted an overview to clarify a few things with the latest patch in regards to Equipment, chest opening, Kickstater rewards, etc. We've also posted the patch notes!

Read the Patch Overview here: https://hextcg.com/frost-ring-arena-patch-overview/

Read the Patch Notes here: https://hextcg.com/patch-notes/en-us/client-patch-notes/

Khendral
03-10-2015, 04:17 AM
Love how CoD mail managed to pull through - you might want to add it to the patch overview notes :)

Also, is there any way we can see what the new equipment does while we wait for the servers to open up again? :)

Roy_G
03-10-2015, 04:19 AM
How to download the patch,with the new test client or the previous one?

Also disappointed about the lack of use of the dungeon crawler in the arena.

Phenteo
03-10-2015, 04:23 AM
How to download the patch,with the new test client or the previous one?

The patch is not available yet. In order to patch, you will need to go to your HEX launcher and update it from there.

Khendral
03-10-2015, 04:26 AM
Just finished reading the patch notes; is Fissuresmith still bugged? (entering play once for each attacking troop and triggering inspire abilities several times)

Also, since "Escalation cards are now correctly interrupted when their targets are removed", are other actions (such a Crackling Bolt or Mortar Strike) interrupted as well when their targets are removed? (thus not gaining a charge or burying troops from the deck respectively)

hammer
03-10-2015, 04:27 AM
Any news on the Mirror Knight and Chaos Key Alternate Art for Collectors?

Sad that Dungeon Crawler doesn't work for arena bosses, I am sure Cory confirmed that it would in a stream recently. One day that perk will be awesome and hopefully we can still see a dungeon before the end of the year.

Other future purchases with gold sounds interesting.

Shame chests wont open for now, but I am sure it will be Soon after the arena is stable and in our hands.

Super excited for the Arena - hope all goes well it will be fun to grind loot and sleeves.

Poetic
03-10-2015, 04:41 AM
Interested in the collectors AAs, thought they were supposed to be given with the next content patch aka today's.

szimek
03-10-2015, 04:56 AM
how many new and playable PvE Cards wil we get with arena? is there a list of all of them? i know there is : http://hextcg.com/arena-pve-card-and-equipment-guide/ but it shows only the cards that has equipment for them.

GhundiPI
03-10-2015, 04:58 AM
While I am a bit sad that DC does not count for the Arena bosses, I also think it is a correct decision. Still, if possible, I would like to suggest that the DC bonus will work for the the final boss in the Arena. That should keep the potential for boss farming abuse in check, while still giving us Dungeon Crawlers something to look forward to while in the Arena.

essif
03-10-2015, 05:04 AM
I'm surprised Fissure Smith is not being fixed, and hope it is just forgotten in the patch notes. It is properly the most relevant card that is banned in all the community tournaments.

WWKnight
03-10-2015, 05:26 AM
Any news on the Uraanaz deck to go with those sleeves?

Whats the hold up on that?

bootlace
03-10-2015, 05:30 AM
Subltle Striker can trivialize some Arena battles and, if allowed in the format, would warp Arena such a way where all the top performing decks would include the troop.

Highly doubt the above quote.

Otherwise looks like a great patch - thanks for the hard work bringing this to life.

AstaSyneri
03-10-2015, 05:39 AM
Very much looking forward to contesting in the Arena.

My sole gripe (I am sure the equipment and PvE cards will be rolled out soon as they are ready):

The Dungeon Crawler in the Kickstarter read:
"100% extra loot drop (gold, items, etc.) from dungeon bosses FOR LIFE of the game!"

If you decide that it doesn't apply in the Arena, I can potentially live with that, but I would like to hear your reasoning in order to better understand that decision. My primary tiers are Dungeon Crawler and Raid Leader - and both of those "don't do anything" at this point.

Also - as I am sure this question will pop up soon anyways - what features are next in line? More equipment and PvE cards, I presume. What about our other KS PvE cards (including Spectral Lotus Gardens)? Not griping - just asking ;-).

Userrr_Friendly
03-10-2015, 05:51 AM
Wow, that's actually way more content than I expected from this patch/update, good job Hex team!

Cernz
03-10-2015, 05:57 AM
Very much looking forward to contesting in the Arena.

My sole gripe (I am sure the equipment and PvE cards will be rolled out soon as they are ready):

"100% extra loot drop (gold, items, etc.) from dungeon bosses FOR LIFE of the game!"

If you decide that it doesn't apply in the Arena, I can potentially live with that, but I would like to hear your reasoning in order to better understand that decision. My primary tiers are Dungeon Crawler and Raid Leader - and both of those "don't do anything" at this point.

Also - as I am sure this question will pop up soon anyways - what features are next in line? More equipment and PvE cards, I presume. What about our other KS PvE cards (including Spectral Lotus Gardens)? Not griping - just asking ;-).

from dungeon bosses FOR LIFE of the game! <- Arena is not a dungeon - not more to say about this i guess.

Fred
03-10-2015, 06:15 AM

I don't have the exact quote at the moment, but I remember that at some point, Cory specifically said that the Arena was not a dungeon. The Arena is just a series of PvE combats without a lot of lore attached to it, while actual dungeons will have a deeper story, path nodes, decisions from the player on where to go next, etc. The Arena doesn't have any of that "dungeon" feel, so it is not a dungeon (it's not a raid either)

Kroan
03-10-2015, 06:37 AM
Is there a full list of all cards from the frost arena available somewhere?

Stirred.Leaf
03-10-2015, 07:10 AM
WHICH CARDS HAVE EQUIPMENT?
The Arena offers a mix of equipment to support Shards of Fate, Shattered Destiny, and Arena PVE reward cards. Each card has 1 to 2 pieces of equipment. You can see a list of the cards that currently have equipment available here. Cards that have equipment that is not currently available will have that gear added to the game sometime in the future.

Is there a link missing in the underlined phrase? I think so.

EntropyBall
03-10-2015, 07:37 AM
As someone with a PP tier that has been rewarding me for over a year, I really think the DC tier should be active on the final boss of Arena.

Thrawn
03-10-2015, 07:42 AM
Tiaanost now correctly reads: “Flight When Tiaanost deals damage to an opposing champion, void target opposing card and each opposing card with the same name in all zones.”

Well so much for that stance.

What is your stance on card ability changes?

This is an easy one! And we have talked about it in the past.

We will not change PVP cards once they are released. We will, in extreme situations, BAN a card for tournament play. Banned cards will still be playable in PVE and for casual play.

Granted it's a small change and just making the card do what I'm assuming it was intended to do originally. But it's still a change in what the card can do according to the written text on a released PvP card. Sets a scary precedent for the future of the game.

Gozuja
03-10-2015, 07:43 AM
As someone with a PP tier that has been rewarding me for over a year, I really think the DC tier should be active on the final boss of Arena.

DC definitely seems to have gotten a pretty raw deal among all the $250 reward tiers throughout Hex's development so far (well, could say the same about Raid Leader and Guild Master when you compare any of the three to collector or pro--but at least Guild Master got a bunch of extra boosters to pass out.)

Still, this seems like a missed opportunity to give the PVE backers -something- of a bone after waiting over a year.

Svenn
03-10-2015, 07:49 AM
Well so much for that stance.

Granted it's a small change and just making the card do what I'm assuming it was intended to do originally. But it's still a change in what the card can do according to the written text on a released PvP card. Sets a scary precedent for the future of the game.
This was addressed a long time ago. When it was released they specifically told us the text was wrong and would be updated. I can't find the original thread, but here:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=39953&highlight=Tiaanost

israel.kendall
03-10-2015, 07:50 AM
What is "Omen of Oblivion"?

*Edit- nevermind, answered my own question http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=24635

Thrawn
03-10-2015, 07:53 AM
This was addressed a long time ago. When it was released they specifically told us the text was wrong and would be updated. I can't find the original thread, but here:
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=39953&highlight=Tiaanost

Hmm, if that's the case I'm not sure if that makes me more or less worried. A card that we're told is wrong, but still sits unchanged for three months is almost as bad of a problem.

Svenn
03-10-2015, 08:03 AM
Hmm, if that's the case I'm not sure if that makes me more or less worried. A card that we're told is wrong, but still sits unchanged for three months is almost as bad of a problem.

If I'm not mistaken, the functionality was correct but the text was worded slightly wrong. No changes were made other than updating the wording of the card to be more clear.

Thrawn
03-10-2015, 08:05 AM
The wording between being able to target all cards or just your opponents cards is a pretty huge difference to leave unfixed for that long with no indication that it's incorrect unless you happen to read a specific forum thread.

nickon
03-10-2015, 08:29 AM
What about mercenaries in the stash? Have the pictures been fixed as well? Can't seem to find anything on it in the patch notes...

Rapierian
03-10-2015, 08:30 AM
how many new and playable PvE Cards wil we get with arena? is there a list of all of them? i know there is : http://hextcg.com/arena-pve-card-and-equipment-guide/ but it shows only the cards that has equipment for them.

I second this. The link provided doesn't seem to be very useful. It shows all of the equipment you can get in the arena, but none of the equipment is highlighted, only the cards are. It shows the cards that the equipment is provided for, but not what cards are available in the arena...

TJTaylor
03-10-2015, 08:46 AM
So the article states "Chests are not quite yet ready to open in game, so currently you can use your gold to spin the Wheels of Fate and to buy items in the auction house" which leads me to believe that we will have to pay gold to open chests as well at some point. Is this true?

Poetic
03-10-2015, 08:52 AM
Was my first thought when I read it, hope not. I have way too many chests.

Svenn
03-10-2015, 08:57 AM
So the article states "Chests are not quite yet ready to open in game, so currently you can use your gold to spin the Wheels of Fate and to buy items in the auction house" which leads me to believe that we will have to pay gold to open chests as well at some point. Is this true?
I'm pretty sure it was stated that we would not need gold to open chests. That is some weird wording though.

Ravarros
03-10-2015, 09:06 AM
Am I the only one that can not get into the server ?

noragar
03-10-2015, 09:31 AM
The wording between being able to target all cards or just your opponents cards is a pretty huge difference to leave unfixed for that long with no indication that it's incorrect unless you happen to read a specific forum thread.

So your solution would be to leave the incorrect text on the card with no indication that it's incorrect unless you happen to read a specific errata document? That seems infinitely worse than just correcting the text on the card itself.

RCDv57
03-10-2015, 09:54 AM
Omen of oblivion is a 1 cost card, that gets a huge power boost in some PvE formats, and can be easily splashed.
Even if Tiaanost works like Omen, it is a 6 Cost card. Its also a bit more difficult to trigger that ability so the power boost from the format isn't as big as the one Omen of Oblivion would receive.

Shaqattaq
03-10-2015, 10:01 AM

The "so" should be a "but."

"Chests are not quite yet ready to open in game, but currently you can use your gold to spin the Wheels of Fate and to buy items in the auction house"

Gold will not be required to open chests.

Shaqattaq
03-10-2015, 10:06 AM
I second this. The link provided doesn't seem to be very useful. It shows all of the equipment you can get in the arena, but none of the equipment is highlighted, only the cards are. It shows the cards that the equipment is provided for, but not what cards are available in the arena...

The bottom of that page has the list of PVE cards available to be won in the game. It does not include the PVE cards that only exist in opposing AI decks.

szimek
03-10-2015, 10:16 AM
so if i'm counting correctly there are 20 new playable PvE Cards ? i was asking, because it's not much and i thought there is more than on that page :P

Otorp
03-10-2015, 10:27 AM
The "so" should be a "but."

"Chests are not quite yet ready to open in game, but currently you can use your gold to spin the Wheels of Fate and to buy items in the auction house"

Gold will not be required to open chests.

Changing from one conjunction to another does not help the situation. The sentence still contains both "spending gold" and "opening chests", so the concepts are linked and thus confusion arises.

Kroan
03-10-2015, 10:46 AM
The bottom of that page has the list of PVE cards available to be won in the game. It does not include the PVE cards that only exist in opposing AI decks.

Does that mean those are the only cards in Arena, or are there more that are "secret"?

dogmod
03-10-2015, 11:13 AM
Dungeon crawler not working on Arena is a huge cop out. Enormous. Rules lawyering at its worst. Even listed in the kickstarter updates was the fact that the Arena was the first revealed dungeon. Now that talked about the Orc Arena... I guess you guys are just planning on having a ton of Arenas all over Entrath and perhaps the Frost Ring will be the only one that is not a "dungeon"?

Excellent.

Situations:

1. You didn't have the coding done in time for Arena so you just copped out and decided to say "Arena isn't a dungeon so it doesn't count"

2. You felt that dungeon crawlers having 2x loot bonus at this point with the limited loot supply and relatively small community would distort the economy and reduce playability so you decided that the Frost Ring is not a "dungeon"

3. You have some other reason to not designate the Frost Ring a dungeon which you have not stated up to this point, you elected not to share this information up until now. And you made this decision with the full knowledge that some of your highest level backers had been waiting 2 years for PvE content and you decided that providing them with their reward was less important than some setting some internal naming/designation precedent.

Honestly I think it is a combination of 1 and 2. I think that those reasons are pretty cowardly if you don't actually state them. I also think that the reason you aren't stating them is that reason #1 makes you look incompetent and reason #2 is incredibly tone deaf to the PvE community that has been supporting you despite not being thrown a bone for 2 years. If it is in fact reason #3 I would love to hear it and be corrected.

Lame.

Theik
03-10-2015, 11:15 AM
Am I the only one that can not get into the server ?

Nope, I am also unable to log in. =(

Phenteo
03-10-2015, 11:19 AM
The servers are not back up from maintenance yet. Original scheduled maintenance was 10 hours, and we're sitting at 7 hours. We have about 3 more to go.

Theik
03-10-2015, 11:21 AM
The servers are not back up from maintenance yet. Original scheduled maintenance was 10 hours, and we're sitting at 7 hours. We have about 3 more to go.

Ah, that explains a lot! The message at the patcher kind of implies that the server already came back up, and the actual login just fails silently without actually telling you that the server is down. :)

hammer
03-10-2015, 11:23 AM

Go Go Team Hex :D - Despite all the DC-gate we love you and we appreciate all the hard work behind the scenes to bring the Arena dream alive :D So Excited ! Cory copied his daughters Cookie Selling scheme, make them think of the most delicious TCG content they can imagine and get the salivating for the product ahead of time :D

Kaiba_Graysoul
03-10-2015, 11:43 AM
just wanna say im very excited! And I hope the team is not to stressed, but i have a question, I have 4 pints of ale and i dont wanna be too drunk when i have my first play through, when should I start drinking? :P

Beastblood
03-10-2015, 11:46 AM
Speed it up boyz, already opened a beer, i have only 5 more to go ;)

Kaiba_Graysoul
03-10-2015, 12:03 PM
i have a late request can we have a sleeve for a perfect run with 4 baby yeti in deck :D

Freebird_Falcon
03-10-2015, 12:04 PM

There was discussion regarding its functionality, how it wasn't as intended and it did get patched. I didn't even notice the text didn't update properly

What I did notice though is that they ninja updated the... ninja. I don't remember a discussion about shinobi self tap being unintended (though obviously silly and reasonable to believe unintended). Definitely improves the card

Yoss
03-10-2015, 12:29 PM
•There is no longer an extra phase at the end of turns when players control activated powers
What does this mean?

Phenteo
03-10-2015, 12:36 PM
What does this mean?
I poked a dev to explain this better. ;)

Yoss
03-10-2015, 12:39 PM
I poked a dev to explain this better. ;)

Thanks. I look forward to reading the answer. :)

Yoss
03-10-2015, 01:49 PM
Another two questions:

•Tournament decks are no longer saved in Card Manager, and have been removed from collections
Will the tournament mails now list all the cards we gained, at least? Last I checked, duplicates were not listed, meaning, if I got 2 copies of Monsuun (ha ha) it would only list Monsuun one time in the "prize" list. Because I found the list unreliable, I have been using the saved deck to update my tracking sheet. Now that that's gone, what mechanism is there for me to track what's coming into my collection?

On a related note, is the API live with this patch? (It has collection tracking events, IIRC.)

Kaiba_Graysoul
03-10-2015, 02:12 PM
To the hex team you guys are fu*king amazing i'v been here over 2 years and I have had to wait but i've never had to be disappointed

ShadowIronblood
03-10-2015, 02:14 PM
im sure it was said earlier but maybe DC could get a temporal boost in raids while Dungeons are being worked on? Maybe an additional reward when they cash out or an extra card or two against boss fights. DC was not in my pool of rewards but i figure ill throw my two cents in. Cant wait to take a break from drafts to Raid my heart out lol.

BenStoll
03-10-2015, 02:42 PM
Thanks. I look forward to reading the answer. :)

Sorry for the delay--

This is the fixing of a bug. The bug occurred when one or more champions had a troop with an activated power in play.

The champion who’s turn it is with a troop with an activated power would hit pass priority in their end phase. The opposing champion would also hit pass priority, and the turn should end.

Instead, what would happen is the turn player would get another instance of pass priority. At this point, that champion would not be able to play cards, activate powers, or do anything except for pass priority. Essentially, it felt as though there was a second end phase, but you were unable to do anything during it.

That’s all this is. It was only seen if you weren’t using the F10 key to pass all priorities for the turn.

Hope that helps!
Ben

Patrigan
03-10-2015, 03:00 PM
I'm a bit saddened about the Dungeon Crawler not being active yet. I'm wondering why the frost ring isn't considered a dungeon. More specifically, what do you gain by not classifying it as a dungeon? It's not like the rewards will be that much different in an actual dungeon, right? That decision solely affects the DCs, so it's clear you don't want the DCs to get doubles yet. Why?

Yoss
03-10-2015, 03:02 PM
Sorry for the delay--

This is the fixing of a bug. The bug occurred when one or more champions had a troop with an activated power in play.

The champion who’s turn it is with a troop with an activated power would hit pass priority in their end phase. The opposing champion would also hit pass priority, and the turn should end.

Instead, what would happen is the turn player would get another instance of pass priority. At this point, that champion would not be able to play cards, activate powers, or do anything except for pass priority. Essentially, it felt as though there was a second end phase, but you were unable to do anything during it.

That’s all this is. It was only seen if you weren’t using the F10 key to pass all priorities for the turn.

Hope that helps!
Ben

Perfect. Thanks Ben! :)

I use F10 a lot, so I guess that's why I never saw it.

Yoss
03-10-2015, 03:35 PM
Phenteo, please update the "As a Dungeon Crawler, do I earn extra loot in Arena?" section of the announcement with Cory's latest information:

I want to make it clear that I will always attempt to do what is in the best interest of the Kickstarter backers, I am sure it comes as zero surprise that I am fanatically loyal to this group and what they did for HEX.

As we discussed the Dungeon Crawler and Arena internally, we eventual came to the conclusion that implementation of the tech necessary to give the Kickstarter increase would have delayed the Arena launch by 2 weeks. I didn't want to delay the launch BUT I did want to eventually give the Dungeon Crawler reward to our backers AND I wanted it to work in Arena (as I mentioned in a post from a couple of months ago)

I take full responsibility, I did a poor job communicating this to the team, and the consensus was the other side of the argument (about scarcity) was the reason the Arena would launch without the Dungeon Crawler reward baked in, not the tech and timing issue... And that is the messaging that went out :(

so let me correct this, we WILL be giving Dungeon Crawler backers the bonus in Arena, it will take approximately 2 weeks to get in, but it will be going in.

sorry for the confusion

-cory

For all I know, you're already on it, but it seems worth doing for people who *gasp* haven't read it yet.

Shaqattaq
03-10-2015, 03:48 PM
The edit is up. You have to hard refresh the page, though.

nicosharp
03-11-2015, 10:02 AM
Has Fissuresmith been fixed?

Shaqattaq
03-11-2015, 03:52 PM
We've temporarily put the champion Moon'airu Sensei on ice in Arena. He's on the bench as he works on making plays in a reasonable timeframe

Incindium
03-11-2015, 06:19 PM
So I got 2 Mirrorblade equipment for Replicator's Gambit with the Arena release. Why exactly were 2 of those given out? We can only actually use one correct?

Daer
03-11-2015, 06:23 PM
Did you have 2 KS tiers?

Incindium
03-11-2015, 06:52 PM
No just a King level KS.

Rapierian
03-22-2015, 09:42 PM

I just got a card, "Supporting Fire" that is not in the list.