PDA

View Full Version : Question to GHOSTBUSTERS Funders: Overall Thoughts

JeffB
03-13-2015, 03:01 AM
This is the first Kickstarter project I've ever funded & I'm thrilled to be a part of it. I pledged enough to get 2 Deluxe sets plus a set of Zombie Taxi Drivers & Spectral Ghost Busters. I've read that some people thought that the Taxi Drivers were included in the bundle so they didn't allocate funds for that add-on. This could result in higher collectibility, depending on what happens down the road with this set (offered in a future Kickstarter, released as a general release set, etc)

I'm curious to find out what other people plan to order and their overall thoughts regarding the release of this game.

ghostosaurus
03-18-2015, 06:19 PM
Here is my breakdown:
$131: EB Mass Hysteria Bundle ($115+16 Shipping)
$15 Standard Ghost Bundle
$15 Impossible Ghost Bundle
$12 Impossible Boss Bundle
$10 Taxi Drivers
$12 Spectral GBs
$12 Extra Base Game Tiles
$5 Extra Library Tiles
$5 Extra Shandor Bldg Tiles
$12 Prime New GBs

$230 = Total

I'm hoping to play tons of campaigns (official and unofficial) with my local friends maybe even with some folks through Skype.

mattsheeler
03-18-2015, 06:43 PM
picked up the Mass Hysteria + The 200 bundle plus another thing of taxi drivers. Can't wait for October !!!

Blackjac
03-18-2015, 07:31 PM
Here is what I got:

$131 EB Mass Hysteria Bundle ($115+$16 Shipping)
$15 Impossible Ghost Bundle
$12 Impossible Boss Bundle
$12 Spectral GBs
$10 Taxi Drivers

$180 = Total

I feel like I got everything I needed to play with my friends. I was gonna get the other IM Bundles instead of the Ghost Bundle, but I feel like I won't play with 10 GG or 10 GT.

BradBosshart
03-18-2015, 07:43 PM
I am at $250 Spectrals, Taxi's, MH and PN game, probably library tiles, $248. The two games will give me two sets of SG's, and extra figures to paint.

WaldoJeffers
03-18-2015, 08:33 PM
I didn't go too crazy- I got the Paranormal pledge, and added on Tobin's Spirit Guide, the Library and Shandor Building tiles, and the Zombie Taxi Driver.

Kromebuster
03-18-2015, 08:50 PM
Same as Blackjac over here (MH plus IM ghost and boss bundles, spectral GBs, and the taxi drivers), though I was late to the party and missed out on the EB.

Blackjac
03-19-2015, 12:03 AM
Same as Blackjac over here (MH plus IM ghost and boss bundles, spectral GBs, and the taxi drivers), though I was late to the party and missed out on the EB.

I got lucky with the EB, someone dropped theirs and I happened to notice.

Boris
03-19-2015, 12:06 AM
Well, I was restricted in budget (didn't get paid until after close date) so with Uk postage only managed to get Paranormal and extra $10 for add ons (chose taxi drivers). Must admit that the great stretch goals helped make my mind about getting the game, and must thank my wife for keeping me in despite it being the "last of the petty cash"!

Pagz
03-19-2015, 03:43 AM
I picked up the Mass Hysteria package.
I added:

Ghostbusters paintable bundle - $10
New Ghostbusters paintable bundle - $12
Spectral Ghostbusters - $12
Impossible Mode Ghost Bundle - $15
Impossible Mode Slimer & Idulnas - $12
Additional 10 base game tiles - $12
Zombie Cabbie - $10

Total for add-ons = $83
Mass Hysteria Package = $125
Shipping (Canada) = $30
Total: $238

I went with the Impossible Mode Ghost Bundle instead of picking up the IM packs of those ghosts separately. It just seemed a better value, I still get all the IM mode ghosts, just not quite as many. Which is fine with me, I'd rather save that $42 dollars and just not have 5 fewer gruesome twosomes, 7 fewer galloping ghouls, and 3 fewer Boogaloos.

Can't wait for October.

Morrellium
03-19-2015, 05:04 AM
Hello everyone!

I went for

Mass Hysteria = $125
Impossible Ghost Bundle = $15
Taxi Driver = $10
Spectral Ghostbusters = $12
Shipping (UK) = $45

Total $207

I toyed with an extra set of Shandor and Library tiles but change my mind at the last minute.

Jaster
03-19-2015, 06:11 AM
Hello all,

So I spent a bit.
-2 Mass Hysteria
-2 Taxi Drivers
-1 IM Galloping Ghouls
-1 IM Gruesome Twosomes
-1 IM Boogaloos
-1 IM Bundle
-1 Spectral Ghostbusters
-2 IM Slimer & Idulnas

Total $379

I wanted an extra set of all the tiles including the Sedgewick. I had originally planned on buying the above plus extra tiles and minus the IM bundle. I was then going to take the extra Sedgewick and Flushes & sell off the rest of the second game. In the end tho I just decided to completely cannibalize the second game for tiles and ghosts. I will probably still sell off a few of the extra bosses if my kids will let me.

Luckily, I recently had sold off a rather large Lego set. It was the only way I could afford it. I still can't believe I spent that much. :)

EDIT: D'oh. I read the post below and I forgot about the IM bosses. I added them in, total was correct tho.

IJP
03-19-2015, 07:13 AM
Hi All,

I also spent a bit more than intended

MH 125
Taxi 10
Std ghost bundle 15
Imposs ghost bundle 15
galloping ghouls 15
Imposs galloping ghouls 15
Gruesome twosomes 15
Imposs gruesome twosome 15
Imposs Boogaloos 12
Imposs Slimer and Idulnas 12
Extra Tiles 12
Spectral GBs 12 45 shipping,

318 total, I wanted the extra ghosts and all the impossible versions.... it really did add up, but im happy with it all.

the_soub
03-19-2015, 08:59 AM
Ugh, the exchange rate was terrible the day they collected.

I got the MH Package, and added the Spectral Ghostbusters.

Total:

$125 + $12 + $30 (Canadian Shipping)
Total: $167 US / $220 Canadian

Not sure how VISA ran the exchange, but the current rate is .79, which means it should have been roughly $200.
Not going to be that annoyed over $20, but still.

Scott_Dufficy
03-19-2015, 11:19 AM
I finally just got paid for a couple of paintings I did so I got a couple hundred bucks right before the campaign ended, so that was lucky and made it easier to justify spending what I would have spent anyways because this campaign looked so great..
I'm going with the MH pledge, along with the IM Slimer/Idulnas, IM Bundle, Spectral GB and Taxi Ghosts- so including shipping for $190USD - I'm not a completionist usually, so I think I got a lot of replay value in what I ended up with.

Can't wait to play the game! I did some test rounds using Zombies!!! tiles/ minis, LEGO GB figures, and various tokens from the X-wing game- I think the real game looks fantastic I know my friends will enjoy it.

JPbeedlin
03-19-2015, 11:57 AM
If I remember correctly..

-1 EB Mass Hysteria
-1 Paranormal
-2 Taxi Drivers
-1 IM Galloping Ghouls
-1 IM Gruesome Twosomes
-1 IM Boogaloos
-1 IM Bundle
-1 IM Slimer & Idulnas
-1 Cathulu Spawn
-1 Spectral Ghostbusters
-1 New GB Primer set
-1 Library Tile set
-1 Shandor Tile set

I kept talking myself into getting more and more until the funding ended. Just couldn't get myself to back an extra $45 for MH just for the extra tiles.

zombie57
03-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Jeff, I went for the Early Bird - Additional MH Game and the box of everything. Somethings are going to get painted so I am going to need spares... :D

Bomb
03-20-2015, 07:41 AM
Damn! I missed this! Guess I need to wait until it's officially released. :-(

Gibblets
03-20-2015, 11:15 AM
Well I got the Mass Hysteria with taxis and Spectral, with uk shipping came to just under 130 I couldn't really afford anymore.
I can always be tend I have IM ghosts ;)

As I have no friends and nobody to play games with I liked the idea this can be played as a single player controlling all the busters, ok I use to play games like that as a kid but as you're not competing with each other is much more acceptable to play on your own. Plus other real players might not do what you want them to :P

Where does 'Idulnas' come from, I can't recall seeing him in the cartoons or toy line, I'm guessing he came from the comic books?

I also thought it was a bit excessive having both boogaloo manifestations and giant boogaloo, maybe a bit repetitive??

Starheart
03-20-2015, 04:16 PM
I purchased one of everything except for boss packs. I wasn't thrills with zombie taxi drivers. So I only got one set. I kind of wish I would have bought more just cause now they seem very sought after. I wanted enough ghost so if a scenario needs me to use 17 class one ghost I had enough. I just picked that number I can't remember how many I will be owning.

GriZZlyLiZard
03-20-2015, 06:35 PM
with the way the aussie dollar is against the US, i could only back at MH level, would have LOVED to have gotten a lot more, but seeing as shipping itself was $60 to australia, not really possible, thats almost another paranormal pledge in itself

cfield1588
03-20-2015, 11:57 PM
I got MH
Spectral GB
Taxi
IM bundle
IM boss Bundle
Shipping UK

This is way more than I have ever paid for a tabletop game but how can you say no to the ghostbusters.

VJAS-Editor
03-25-2015, 01:36 PM
I went for the Mass Hysteria package & added:

Spectral Ghostbusters - $12
Impossible Mode Ghost Bundle - $15
Impossible Mode Slimer & Idulnas - $12
Zombie Cabbie - $10
Shipping for Canada = $30
Total in for $204 US.

The most I've spent on a board game? nope, Hell I've got more spend on just different copies of Risk. But easily the most spent at a single time for one game.

happyjew
04-05-2015, 06:40 PM
I went with the Mass Hysteria package. I then added:

10 GG, 10 GT, Standard Ghost Bundle, 5 Taxi Drivers, Spectral Ghostbusters, IM Slimer/Idulnas, 10 IM GG, 10 IM GT, 4 IM BM, IM Ghost Bundle.

I then realized I had over-pledged by about $23 so I decided to get the Primed Ghostbusters (both sets).

It's not the most I've spent on a game (that would be Warhammer), but it is the most I've spent on a board game.