PDA

View Full Version : HEX Update - $100,000 Prize Tournament

Phenteo
03-13-2015, 04:43 PM
So... I'm going to just leave this here... Enjoy, won't you?!

https://hextcg.com/hex-update-100000-tournament/

EDIT: Getting ahead of all the questions... Any banlist, specific timing for qualifying tournaments, and other various details to follow.

Falaris
03-13-2015, 04:48 PM
Oh. My. God.

Zophie
03-13-2015, 04:56 PM
http://i.imgur.com/3s5oKDN.gif

funktion
03-13-2015, 04:57 PM
So uh... words...

hex_colin
03-13-2015, 05:04 PM
This has been the hardest secret to keep! :)

Awesome that it's finally starting to take shape.

elfstone
03-13-2015, 05:20 PM
O_o. Welp, once those qualifiers start my life is over haha :D

Freebird_Falcon
03-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Oh. My. God.

this

O_o. Welp, once those qualifiers start my life is over haha :D

ahahah, ditto!

BlindMan
03-13-2015, 05:32 PM
Well I guess this means I need to start playing more constructed. I'm hoping there is something in that prize pool for limited players.

NOBLEStarshield
03-13-2015, 05:40 PM
Oh. My. God.

Took the words right out of my mouth!

RCDv57
03-13-2015, 05:55 PM
I wish I was better at the game now.

Yoss
03-13-2015, 06:24 PM
That full length Arena trailer is amazing. Love it! The whole update was awesome today, acutally.

Zophie
03-13-2015, 06:34 PM
That full length Arena trailer is amazing. Love it! The whole update was awesome today, acutally.

Inorite! I think they should stick that trailer in the client so it plays when you go in there the first time, it'd be a really cool intro to set the tone :)

Yoss
03-13-2015, 06:37 PM
I think they should stick that trailer in the client so it plays when you go in there the first time, it'd be a really cool intro to set the tone :)

Absolutely! Until we get Ben's voice acting in place of those lame text boxes, at any rate. :D

I'm thinking like the Diablo 2 intro videos that one could skip by pressing the Any Key, where it always plays by default and you can skip it.

Selanius
03-14-2015, 12:17 AM
HEX really has had a good week. Arena's launch was in my opinion an unmitigated success AND there is amazing PvP news? I am giddy.

Edswor
03-14-2015, 01:11 AM
That's quite the price pool for a tournament. Now, let practice for it ;)

GhundiPI
03-14-2015, 01:54 AM
The tournament is great news even for those of us interested mainly (only) in PvE. More PvP means more PvE, more interest, more players, etc. Looking forward to watching it all unfold :)

Poetic
03-14-2015, 04:28 AM
Really great news and a huge chance for the game to take off. I'm really excited about the future.

YourOpponent
03-14-2015, 05:52 AM
It's great that it looks like the cash tourny progress is a year sooner than I was hoping it would be (was hoping for late 2016-early 2017)

I really didn't like how GameForge done the Full length arena trailer. It just seemed to be too much of a Wizards 101 feel to it. Based off of the lore for the guy from the Frost Arena and the text boxes of the Frost Arena we can tell the guy has a morbid sense of humor (which makes sense and is very fitting for the lore) and I'm sorry, but Game Forge's voice actor they used for the trailer just wasn't anywhere close to spot on like when Ben Stoll was reading the dialog on stream. As for the thoroughness and time of the trailer...that was pretty good.

Ditsch
03-14-2015, 07:32 AM
Wait so this is okay to have price pools with real money but a auction house with real money is not okay or to cash out the stuff you "own" ? Not really happy about it, cherry picking against a real money auction house due legal mumbo jumbo but turning hex into gambling game is okay. In my country underaged are not allowed to gamble and with real money prices and the game is mostly about luck it's hard to argument it's not gambling. So time to make a warning that only adults are allowed to play the game.

rjselzler
03-14-2015, 10:21 AM
Wait so this is okay to have price pools with real money but a auction house with real money is not okay or to cash out the stuff you "own" ? Not really happy about it, cherry picking against a real money auction house due legal mumbo jumbo but turning hex into gambling game is okay. In my country underaged are not allowed to gamble and with real money prices and the game is mostly about luck it's hard to argument it's not gambling. So time to make a warning that only adults are allowed to play the game.

I have complete confidence that Hex Ent/CZE has all of their legal ducks in a row when it comes to running national and international pro-level events (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_of_Warcraft_Trading_Card_Game#WoW_Nationals) . Also, notice the payout of the first WoW TCG World Cup. : )

Yoss
03-14-2015, 04:12 PM
The two things (RMAH vs Prize money) are quite different from a legal perspective. RMAH places direct and obvious real money value on in-game items that could cause all sorts of tax headaches and such. Prize money, as you said, deals more with gambling laws, if applicable.

Ditsch
03-14-2015, 05:59 PM
True they are different from a legal perspective, but both are a problem, one they seem to not wan't to have one they have no problem at all. Still surprised that gambling laws are no problem for the game on a global level but for the tax law they did pull the excuse to not give value, which in my view is totally the other way around gambling laws should be a problem and not tax laws. Diablo 3 had a RMAH and no gambling problems or prize money so it's quite mind boggling for me that this here is the other way around and it's no problem at all. I do understand why they handle the tax problem like that but why is gambling okay ? I can't recommend the game anymore to kids now as it turned into gambling.

x78089
03-15-2015, 12:10 PM
True they are different from a legal perspective, but both are a problem, one they seem to not wan't to have one they have no problem at all. Still surprised that gambling laws are no problem for the game on a global level but for the tax law they did pull the excuse to not give value, which in my view is totally the other way around gambling laws should be a problem and not tax laws. Diablo 3 had a RMAH and no gambling problems or prize money so it's quite mind boggling for me that this here is the other way around and it's no problem at all. I do understand why they handle the tax problem like that but why is gambling okay ? I can't recommend the game anymore to kids now as it turned into gambling.

You are being a little absurd here. They have one major tournament that you have to earn a spot in and now it is suddenly a gambling game. Give the hex team some time to work everything out before you have a conniption.

Ditsch
03-15-2015, 01:26 PM
Well I got told they have experience form the wow tcg ect. I am only worried nothing is properly worked out right now. They simply come up and announce things that in my view are problematic and then no further details are given. If it's only a once a time promo thing then I don't see much problems. Well best I wait and see how it pans out.

Stirred.Leaf
03-15-2015, 05:15 PM
but why is gambling okay ? I can't recommend the game anymore to kids now as it turned into gambling.

You're of course free to define what constitutes gambling for yourself, but legally TCG tournaments with cash prizes have always been legal for all ages in the US, AFAIK. And the final event would probably be held in the US.

Kroan
03-16-2015, 02:22 PM
You're of course free to define what constitutes gambling for yourself, but legally TCG tournaments with cash prizes have always been legal for all ages in the US, AFAIK. And the final event would probably be held in the US.

Europe is more likely, seeing as it is Gameforge who announced the tournament officially.

schild
03-16-2015, 02:26 PM
As much as I want to play in such a tournament, is this happening before or after set 3?

Thrawn
03-17-2015, 10:17 AM
Europe is more likely, seeing as it is Gameforge who announced the tournament officially.

US

The places for the final will be decided during twelve online qualifier tournaments, which will be free for all qualified players to take part in. Contestants who get through to the grand offline final will be invited by Gameforge to determine the competition’s winner at home with HEX Entertainment in Irvine, California.