PDA

View Full Version : Custom Scenarios

sara.miguel
03-18-2015, 05:03 PM
Use this space to share your custom scenarios!

Get other player feedback, share your scenarios, and all that jazz!

The Yeti Handlerunicornpoop

Ferni1412
03-18-2015, 05:47 PM
was thinking of something medieval since there was a scene with Ray in the movie where he is a prince.. and the whole ghost princess scene and in the cartoon series egon is a blood relative to a wizard who owned a dragon .. still thinking of a senario. Also was thinking of making some senarios from the comic book where they travel around the US.. one that needs to be done is the civil war fort

Scott_Dufficy
03-19-2015, 01:01 PM
I like the idea of a reselection scenario with Idulnas inspired by the 1st volume of the comic- obviously the game isnt even out so who knows what you guys have up your sleeves, but it's fun to speculate and give out ideas.

Reselection- can be inserted as a normal boss scenario at the end of a campaign, or as a bonus boss scenario after defeating Gozer/ Mr Stay Puft.

Gozer's power has weakened and Idulnas has been sent to bring about reselection of a more suitable destructor form and prevent another bout with the now "all too easy" Mr Stay Puft. The new destructor will be chosen if he can wear down the Ghostbusters will.

Setup: scenario starts with Idulnas in play, each GB is given 3 markers on their player card to represent willpower.
Goal: Defeat Idulnas and the destructor form.
Rules: When a Ghostbuster misses Idulnas and resolves the possession action, remove 1 willpower from that GBs card.
If Idulnas is defeated while any GB still has willpower, summon Stay Puft with 1/2 of "To Trap" amount (so 10 streams). Secondary Goal: Defeat Stay Puft to win.
If all GB lose their willpower before defeating Idulnas, replace Idulnas with Cathulu (no gates on board so "to trap" is 20 instead of 23). Secondary goal: defeat Cathulu to win.

You can interchange/alter whover you like as the harder destructor form, cathulu just seemed like a good choice since he's the same size figure as stay puft.

Werechicken
03-20-2015, 07:43 AM
We should just start working on Peoplebusters scenarios, you know we're getting those next year!

Scott_Dufficy
03-20-2015, 03:12 PM
Here’s another one I thought up…When the game comes out and I know exactly what the tiles looks like I’ll be able to create a more detailed starting map with ghost placement, but these are just basic concept idea for scenarios to be fleshed out a little. This one’s really just a standard close the gates scenario but with a twist in ghost movement and rules.

Double Trouble-

Twins are creepy, right? I am one myself so it’s ok that I admit to that. :) :)

Some people believe that twins hold a strong psychic bond in life; well it appears that some bonds are even stronger in death! Ghostly twins are running wild in the park, and they don’t stay separated for very long. It’ll take quick coordinated attacks to catch these dastardly duos!

Setup: 4 gates centered near 4 edges of map (about 2-3 spaces in), opposite each other. GB/ Ecto-1 starts in the center, ghosts on map 8GG, 4GT and 2BM set up in pairs adjacent to each other, these ghosts are twins. In spirit world: 4GG, 2GT, 2BM

Rules: Twin ghosts act in unison when any movement is required (Example- when a GG is missed, the missed ghost moves and its twin follows its movement and remains adjacent). If moving requires one to land on a GB, that GB is slimed per usual and the ghosts move until both twins are clear of any GB. Twins can still combine into stronger versions (ex. twin GG hit another pair of GG, turn into twin GT) When a twin is trapped, its other half remains in play and performs miss action (it’s angry). When a ghost is summoned from a gate, the ghost is placed per normal rules if there are no other single ghosts in play, otherwise it attaches itself to the nearest single ghost on the map. To close gates: 4+ to hit (3 streams per gate to close) When a gate is closed, be careful, the gate will still unleash ghosts until its mirrored gate (on opposite end of the map) is also closed.

To win: Close all gates before spirit world emptys.

Starheart
03-20-2015, 03:48 PM
I have many ideas about using my other great love (heroclix) in some custom scenarios. They have some really great generic figures like con artist, thug, police officers and scientists. I was thinking of placing them on the maps in adjacent squares to ghosts. They would get to move towards the bystander each of their turns. Your team must rush to the bystanders and bust the ghost that are harassing them. Kind of incorporating the clix system every time they are slimmed you would clix their dial. Once they are turned to their K O clix they are removed from the game and are replaced with a ghost from the sprit world. Game is over if more than half of the civilians are possessed.
To rescue a bystander you have to move through their square and take them back to the ecto one. These are just some rough ideas.

BradBosshart
03-20-2015, 04:27 PM
That's a great idea, Starheart! I have a bunch of maps and clix.

Werechicken
03-20-2015, 07:48 PM
I also have a ton of old clix

Starheart
03-21-2015, 08:26 AM
I thought about a competitive mode called Ghostbuster of the Year. Make the biggest map you can or find. Place four portals that cannot be shutdown. Take a d20 that will represent how many rounds are left. I was thinking starting with 20 turns. Each plays tries to bust as many ghost as they can. Rolling the event die and constantly replenish how many ghost are left on the battlefield. Using any and all available ghost. You get credit only for depositing ghost in the ecto one. Ecto one cannot be moved and needs to be placed as close to the center of the map. This can create scenarios where players may try to steal your ghost from you that you have two streams on. Perhaps you camp yourself by portals just busting ghost after ghost. Players will be forced to decide when is the best time to deposit ghost. Do you keep catching ghost or risk it and go back at the last second. Maybe you get slimmed and loose an entire turn trying to deslime yourself. These are just a few thoughts.

OneBigTwinkie
03-22-2015, 04:44 AM
This would be a scenario suitable for an even number of 4-10 players (more on the 10 player game below).

Characters are divided into two teams/groups. This scenario is a modification of Capture the Flag. Characters race to seal fissures in their Ecto Containment Units. You can choose to split a team in any number of different ways, but for thematic purposes I like the ides of:

Original Ghostbusters versus New Ghostbusters

Original Ghostbusters would consist of:

Stantz
Zeddemore
Spengler
Venkman

New Ghostbusters would consist of:

Alexander
Griffin
Melnitz
Ortiz

For 10 player games, you may want to clone the Rookie. An appropriate proxy will be required to represent this character. Assume this Rookie is a different person than the one who appeared in the Ghostbusters Video Game (unless you want to explain it away as a side effect of a Weird Science experiment gone terribly, terribly wrong).

You'd have to make the following modifications to the standard rules:

For the purposes of movement, teammates are considered friendly spaces. Members of the opposite team are not considered friendly spaces.
You can only deposit traps in your own ECU.
You can only remove slime from a teammate.
You may only transfer Ghosts to or from a teammate.
Character sheet abilities that interact with other Ghostbusters or All Players only benefit teammates.

Gates are evenly distributed for maximum bilateral symmetry, about a third of the way up and in on each side. They represent Breaches in the Ecto Containment Unit.

Instead of an Ecto-1, you have two team portable Ecto Containment Units located on opposite sides of the playing fields, each one corresponding to a team (think of them as goals at the end of the map). Traps may only be deposited in your own team's Ecto Containment Unit. Each Ecto Containment unit can only be sealed if at least four fissures (gates) have been closed by your team. A character must be adjacent to the Ecto Containment Unit to seal it, and it requires a standard action.

An opposing team can also shut down their opponents Ecto Containment Unit. This requires them to be adjacent to it and requires a standard action. This reopens any gates which the opposing team has sealed. It also prevents any traps from being deposited until the Ecto Containment Unit has been turned back on.

SCENARIO SUCCESS: Seal your team's Ecto Containment Unit.

SCENARIO FAIL: Ecto-containment unit not sealed.

SCENARIO DRAW: If you are required to summon a Ghost from the Spirit World (off Map) and cannot, neither team wins the scenario.

ON MAP:

(6) Class 1
(2) Class 2
(2) Class 3
Note: Zombie Taxi Drivers won't work in this scenario.

SPIRIT WORLD:

(6) Class 1
(2) Class 2
Spectral Ghostbuster (1 per player in play)

EVENT DIE RESULTS
Rolling an Open Gate Symbol:
A Ghost from the Spirit World is summoned through the Gate matching that symbol.

Rolling a Closed Gate Symbol:
No effect.

Closing a Fissure (Gate): To Hit: 4+
When Hit: Place a Proton Stream Marker on that space.
When Missed: A Ghost from the Spirit World is summoned through that fissure.
To Close: 2 Proton Stream Markers from the same team are on that space.

BradBosshart
03-22-2015, 08:33 AM
Wow, Capture the Flag? Neat idea. Man, by the time the game comes out, we will have tons of scenarios!

BradBosshart
03-22-2015, 08:52 AM
Get in My Belly!

This would use Hero Slimer (I made one, and I CZ was thinking about doing a PDF Hero Slimer from RGB cartoon). I also made food tokens, but they are just 1" circles with Clip Art of food items.

Set out 5-10 food pieces randomly. Put Slimer on the board, and Hero Slimer at opposite ends. Slimer wants to eat the food, as does Hero Slimer. For regular "Evil" Slimer, treat food as Slime tokens. Hero Slimer has his own effects for food. Have 1-8 Galloping Ghouls in the Spirit world or use Wadey's random cards to add a challenge. The GB's need to stop the random ghosts like usual, and Slimer.Hero Slimer hurts/helps the Busters. If Hero Slimer gets more food than Slimer, you win. If Slimer gets more of the food, you lose.

http://s7.postimg.org/olhrg8ocb/Hero_Slimer_v2_Page_1.jpg (Hero Slimer's file)

OneBigTwinkie
03-22-2015, 01:50 PM
Need to correct typo in image.

Werechicken
03-23-2015, 08:41 AM
All really cool ideas!

Now come on, let's do some Peoplebusters scenarios, where the boys go to the Flip Side

OneBigTwinkie
03-25-2015, 04:44 PM
For Peoplebusters...

PEOPLEBUSTERS
Class 3
To Hit: 4 or higher.
To Trap: 3 streams.
When Hit: Add a stream token to a Peoplebuster.
When Missed: The Peoplebuster moves 2 spaces in the direction of the nearest Ghostbuster.
Special: Peoplebusters can fire Slime at Ghostbusters within 3 spaces. Peoplebusters hit on a roll of four or greater. If a Ghostbuster has more than two Slime tokens from a Peoplebuster, they can't move. You can spend actions to remove the slime on their turn.

Werechicken
03-26-2015, 07:31 AM
I would add some part of the game mechanic, where if they get slimed enough, they get taken to the Peoplebusters' Containment Unit

BradBosshart
03-26-2015, 11:38 AM
Now we just need PeopleBusters...

Werechicken
03-26-2015, 11:53 AM
Oh, we're getting them Brad! I need to make a note to Erik to have him write them too. Dan's already drawn them, including Winston.

OneBigTwinkie
03-26-2015, 02:50 PM
I think if you get contained, that would pretty much end the scenario.

BradBosshart
03-26-2015, 03:54 PM
You mean, for the game? PDF or real 3D pieces?

OneBigTwinkie
03-26-2015, 04:09 PM
http://media.insidepulse.com/zones/insidepulse/uploads/2013/02/peoplebusters775.jpg

Peoplebusters. Artwork by Dan Schoening (http://danschoening.deviantart.com/).

Werechicken
03-27-2015, 09:53 AM
I don't think getting contained should end the game, maybe if ALL busters do.

And we never got to see the People Busters in OUR reality, so who knows how they would change.

Maybe their slime blowers are negative energy?

Mataio_Wilson
03-27-2015, 11:07 AM
Hey Busters,

For those of you using Impossible Mode Ghosts in your custom scenarios, we have some notes.

The more we play with Impossible Mode Ghosts, the closer we get to destruction, but man is it fun! We're having a great time playing the 10 Galloping Ghoul Add-On pack scenario with 10 Impossible Mode versions mixed in and have landed on a better way to distribute them. Previously, we stated on the KS page that IM versions get +3 to a roll off, but that felt lopsided when we loaded maps.

So, we changed it to "When using an Impossible Mode version of a Ghost as a replacement, roll the two Ghosts off, but Impossible Mode versions win ties."

On top of that, they mostly ended up wherever we started laying Ghosts on the map, so we devised a method of even distribution. We started with the top left hand map tile, rolled off the first Ghost and placed the winner. We then repeated this with the next tile and worked around in a clockwise fashion. It took longer to setup, but by the time we finished, it was nice and even with random clumping in certain spots.

Thoughts?

-Mataio Wilson
R&D

Werechicken
03-27-2015, 11:34 AM
I don't even know how to play the game.

Scott_Dufficy
03-27-2015, 12:36 PM
Mataio that sounds like a really good way to distribute the impossibles more evenly throughout the map. Maybe a bit of a time saver, what if you just rolled once during the placement and said 1-3= Standard 4-6= IM? Then you don't have to roll twice for every ghost you put down.

Can't wait to try it out for myself, I'm jealous you guys get to play it already, but I guess you did make the darn thing so it's ok...

Keep up the good work!

Scott_Dufficy
03-27-2015, 12:39 PM
Although I realized my method above doesn't give IM ghost that extra edge on placement since there is no tie-breaker involved. I'm sure you guys have tried a lot of options to try and make it more even.

Gibblets
03-27-2015, 02:47 PM
Well regarding IM I just hope it doesn't attempt to make things too complicated.
I like the idea of just doing it with a single dice roll, keeping quick and simple.

BradBosshart
03-27-2015, 05:13 PM
yeah, good stuff!

Morrellium
03-28-2015, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the update Mataio, that sounds good. I'm curious what did you do about IM ghosts coming from the spirit world? If there is one of each type in the spirit world, which version would come back into play first?

Morrellium
03-30-2015, 01:11 AM
I'm working on updating my PKE Ghost hunt Scenario which I hope to add to the already excellent suggestions in this thread but I'd thought I'd share my house rule in the meantime:

UPDATED 19.12.15 - Playing the actual game has highlighted a few oversights in my idea which I've fixed.

"Throw 'em!” Combat Action

This action allows you to call upon another ghostbuster who shares your line of sight on a ghost, to combat roll with you simultaneously on your turn. Any ghostbuster at any level can choose do this move on their turn and this move can also be used to close open gates. The move increases the chance of a hit with only the one punish if you both miss.

To do this action costs:

TWO Actions to call ONE Ghostbuster
THREE Actions to call TWO Ghostbusters

You can only call ghostbusters to help you who are not already engaged in combat with another target. They can be called if they are already attacking the same target and they will be able to add to the streams they have on the target. Only the ghostbuster whose turn it is can use their unique abilities (re-rolls etc) however, any unlocked group abilities still apply to all.

If requirements are met to trap the ghost it is placed on the character card of the player who implemented the move even if their roll missed; likewise if all players miss, the consequences happen to that player not the players who were called in.

The XP rules are the same, so whoever hits the ghost gets their share of the streams/XP as long as the line of sight isn’t broken. If the number of hits rolled exceeds the amount required to trap the ghost then the XP only goes to the player who initiated the move but if the players called in to help already had streams on the target, they will get the XP for their original streams.

BradBosshart
03-30-2015, 09:13 AM
I like that! Do they get experience catching ghosts, or only certain busters?

RogueNine
03-30-2015, 02:29 PM
I've been looking at this PennyArcade post (Part 1 (http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2010/06/28/dd-in-the-elemental-chaos-part-1) and Part 2 (http://www.penny-arcade.com/news/post/2010/06/30/dd-in-the-elemental-chaos-part-2)) ever since I had the idea of doing a Limbo/Ghost Realm map/Inside the Containment Unit map/scenario. I love the execution, but it is complicated, time consuming, and definitely not the easiest way to do it.

As a temporary solution (unless we can persuade Benito or another great artist to make some Limbo tiles), the Shandor building tiles might work. The idea would rely heavily on the PKE meter: setup would be a 3x3 tile grid with some random ghosts but no portals, or perhaps one portal on the center tile. Each time the event die is rolled along w/ the PKE die, the tile in that position on the PKE meter is swapped out with a Shandor tile, and that portal icon is placed open. If the portal is already open, place a ghost instead. The GBs lose if all 5 portals are in play at the same time or the spirit realm is empty.

For added chaos, I've been thinking on how to affect the movement within, or of, the 'Limbo' areas:
1. (Easy) Player controlled movement is reduced by one square, but at the end of every move action roll the PKE die and move the Ghost Buster in that direction. If they would go off the board instead put them on the opposite edge of the Limbo tile.
2. (Medium) If the GB is trying to exit a Limbo tile, role the PKE die. If they roll along the edge attached to rest of the board they move as normal, otherwise they reenter the Limbo tile on the opposite side (i.e. if the Limbo Tile is in the NW corner, they need to roll a 3, 4 or 5 to go east (left) or a 5, 6 or 7 to do south (down). To simplify that as long as they roll 3-7 they "break free". A roll of 1, 2 or 8 would put them in the top NE corner of the tile.
3. (Hard) If an open portal come up on the event die, along with summoning a ghost, swap the tile with the one shown on the PKE meter.

For Hardest/Impossible mode, any movement that wraps around the tile could disrupt their stream tokens.

Morrellium
03-31-2015, 12:52 AM
I like that! Do they get experience catching ghosts, or only certain busters?

Hi Brad,

Thanks! (If you're referring to my post!) They would share the XP as normal but they can't use their special abilities. Only the ghostbuster whose turn it is can do so but unlocked group abilities can be used by everyone.

Werechicken
04-03-2015, 08:01 AM
So, I'm pretty sure there's only 8 of us on here.

RogueNine
04-03-2015, 11:59 AM
It is awful hard to keep the hype going for seven months straight. I'm sure the site will pick up closer to October.

BradBosshart
04-04-2015, 04:23 AM
"Get Phineas Home!" Like in the episode, "Camping it Up", Phineas is a Yeti from another world. I made a card off of the Hero Slimer card. Roll the Portal Die at the beginning of the game. That's his home, you need to corall him and get him there. Ghosts will scare him, and he will hug the GB's, slowing them down (see card). A GB can have one food item at a time.

BradBosshart
04-04-2015, 04:24 AM
So, I'm pretty sure there's only 8 of us on here. yeah, pretty quiet. Nothing to complain about, I guess. : )

BradBosshart
04-04-2015, 04:25 AM
Hi Brad,

Thanks! (If you're referring to my post!) They would share the XP as normal but they can't use their special abilities. Only the ghostbuster whose turn it is can do so but unlocked group abilities can be used by everyone.

ok, I was wondering if the GB's get XP other than what is listed on their cards. I would like the rulebook, it's hard to play without it. Will have to try your, though! : )

RogueNine
04-06-2015, 07:30 AM
ok, I was wondering if the GB's get XP other than what is listed on their cards. I would like the rulebook, it's hard to play without it. Will have to try your, though! : )

According to the playtest videos, they get XP equal to the number of streams they have on a trapped (or presumably otherwise removed, see Grey Lady, Spawn of Cathulhu) ghost.

Werechicken
04-06-2015, 08:35 AM
"Get Phineas Home!" Like in the episode, "Camping it Up", Phineas is a Yeti from another world. I made a card off of the Hero Slimer card. Roll the Portal Die at the beginning of the game. That's his home, you need to corall him and get him there. Ghosts will scare him, and he will hug the GB's, slowing them down (see card). A GB can have one food item at a time.

Love this, Brad

BradBosshart
04-06-2015, 11:55 AM
Thanks, will do custom scenario for Killerwatt.

BradBosshart
04-06-2015, 05:41 PM
Ok, Killerwatt is done. http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=-iwOv6nl 2 pages. The first page has the "normal" appliances, paste the second page game pieces on the back. Flip them when possessed.

Watt's Up? Killerwatt has taken over a street. You have to close all 4 portals to stop him. Killerwatt will electro-animate any electrical devices in the vicinity and may even take over Ecto-1! The devices will try and block the Ghostbusters from reaching the portal, and you cannot blast past them. They are Class one ghosts, one stream will convert them back, but Killerwatt can reanimate them next round! He can animate two devices per turn, or one device and control the Ecto-1. To win the game, you need to bust the devices, close the 4 portals, and stop Killerwatt!

Morrellium
04-07-2015, 03:15 AM
Nice idea brad. Do the devices move once they've been captured by Killerwatt?

Morrellium
04-07-2015, 03:47 AM
UPDATED 19.12.15 -I still haven't managed to test this yet due to moving and the run up to the holidays. I did however manage to play some of the actual game which highlighted a few oversights in my idea which I've fixed.

Ok, here is my updated idea for a PKE ghost hunt scenario.

Here are links to the images to make the tokens needed for the scenario:

http://i.imgur.com/oHIrhpj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eX3J6hD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UiIe84F.jpg

Please note that feedback is welcome and with that here is my scenario:

Disclaimer:

This has not been play tested and may need balance adjustments once the game is out. So even though quantities and movement are listed, they haven’t been play tested to see if they are workable. Likewise with map size/configuration, the layout will need to be adjusted depending on what’s printed on the tiles.

The aim of the scenario is to safely navigate from one end of the board to the other and then deal with whatever ghosts have appeared along the way. The idea is that this is designed to simulate walking through a spooky environment with only the PKE meter to guide you.

The Premise:

On your way back from a bust you get a report of some numerous items in the park levitating and seeping slime. Sensing a chance for a quick break under the guise of grabbing some useful data; you park Ecto-1 and set off with your PKE meter to see what you can find.

You reach the items and they seem innocuous enough, so you decide split up and scan them all. Suddenly, a thick ectoplasmic vapour descends upon the open ground and engulfs everyone, reducing visibility to almost zero. Instinct kicks in and you reach for your Neutrino Wand and then you instantly remember. You left your proton pack in Ecto-1! Panic sets in, you can’t see the other ghostbusters and you can’t see a way back to Ecto-1. There’s a slight crackle noise coming from your belt. The walkie talkies are still working! You regain contact with your team and decide what to do.

It’s too dangerous to engage ghosts without a Proton Pack, so you need to get back to the car and re-group. Using your PKE meter you’ll need hone in Ecto-1’s tracking device and re-unite yourself with the team. Amongst the fog are some mysterious items that could help or hinder you along the way. You’ll need to safely scan them with your PKE meter to be sure.

The Set Up:

1-2 players lay out 8 board tiles 2 abreast in a long rectangle.
3+ players lay out 10 board tiles 2 abreast in a long rectangle.

Make sure the map layout has no dead ends, obstacles are fine but there must be a clear way from one end of the board to the other.

Place Ecto-1 across the centre, in the last line of squares at one end of the board and the ghostbusters on the opposite end in any of the squares.

Take all of the ghost cards (including the bosses), shuffle them and make them into a deck. If you’re playing this scenario as part of a campaign then remove the boss whose campaign it is before shuffling the deck.

Take all the POSITIVE tokens and shuffle them. Deal them face down, one for each player (4 players = 4 Positive tokens) in a separate pile and discard the remaining POSITIVE tokens. Do the same for the NEGATIVE tokens and add them to the pile face down. With the NEUTRAL tokens, deal 4 times the number of total players (4 players = 16 Neutral tokens) face down to the pile and discard the rest.

Shuffle the tokens pile thoroughly and place one token on each board tile, in a random square. Do this for each of the board tiles and repeat until all the tokens are laid. Tokens cannot be placed on an obstacle which can’t be walked through. Any board tiles containing multiple tokens must have at least 3 spaces between them.

The Rules:

The Ghostbusters start on one end of the board and Ecto-1 is placed on the opposite end. All usual gameplay moves and actions have been suspended until every Ghostbuster has reached Ecto-1. The aim is to navigate safely from one end to the other revealing many item tokens as you can. The item tokens will either be:

POSITIVE - The player keeps the item to use either in this scenario or the next
NEUTRAL - It has no worth and is discarded from the board
NEGATIVE - The player will have to face the consequences of that token (usually they are ghost) once everyone has reached Ecto-1

Each turn the player must to do these actions:

Action 1

Each player must then roll the PKE 8 die, whatever number is rolled is the number of spaces they are allowed to scan. The ghostbuster can choose to scan in any direction 180 degrees in front of them:

\ | /
- X -

If an item token is within the spaces they scan, they are allowed to turn it over and reveal it. For a successful scan, the item token needs to be on the exact amount or higher number of squares away from the ghostbuster.

For example if the item is 2 squares away from the ghostbuster and you roll a 5 you may successfully scan that item. If there are two or more items in a row, in the same direction and a ghostbuster rolls a high enough number for them both; the ghostbuster may choose only one of the two items to reveal.

Revealed POSITIVE items the player keeps. Revealed NETURAL or NEGATIVE items are discarded from the game because the player was able to successfully scan ahead and foresee any danger. If there are no items in range then they simple move onto the next action.

Action 2:

After the scan the ghostbuster must move 4 SPACES. They can move in any direction but they CAN’T MOVE BACKWARDS, the can only move forwards toward Ecto-1. The usual game movement rules apply with regards to any obstructions on the board.

If a ghostbuster lands on an unrevealed item at the end of their movement, that ghostbuster automatically reveals the item without having to scan it. The item must be landed on at the end of the movement for it to be revealed, any items that are not at the end of the movement are skipped over.

Landing on POSITIVE and NEUTRAL items work the same as successfully scanned items however, landing on NEGATIVE items puts them into play on the board and consequences must be dealt with once everyone has reached Ecto-1.

If a player lands on a NEGATIVE item and is slimed, the slime can only be activated/cleaned off until normal play resumes. Being slimed whilst scanning and heading toward Ecto-1 does not hinder movement; they will still automatically move 4 SPACES each turn until they reach Ecto-1. Likewise any POSITIVE items landed on/scanned will not be activated until normal play resumes.

End game

Once every player has reached Ecto-1 any unrevealed items are flipped over. If they are any unrevealed POSITIVE or NEUTRAL items left they are discarded from the game. If the players successfully scanned all NEGATIVE tokens then they have won the scenario.

Any unrevealed NEGATIVE items come into play on the board and the rules now return to the usual play rules with the ghostbusters all starting in Ecto-1. Players will not win/be able to proceed to the next scenario until all ghosts are defeated/gates closed.

UNREVEALED NEGATIVE ITEMS SETUP:

Every event die roll must be treated as if it was a Chaos roll on all NEGATIVE items set up, if even if there are no ghostbusters nearby.

AMBUSH & GHOSTS:
They must be set up as specified in their description. If a ghost has appeared which cannot be trapped, they can be 'forced to retreat' by landing the same number of streams as their class (e.g. class 6 = 6 streams). The XP is shared the same way as if it was a trapped ghost. If all the ghosts run off the map then players lose.

OPEN GATES:
In the spirit world there needs to have 4 of each class ghost and at the end of each round a ghost will emerge from the gate. Once all the ghosts have emerged then activate the event die chaos roll.

Roll a 3 or higher to Hit and requires 4 streams to close each gate. If missed a ghost emerges from that gate

If the open gate is closed then all ghosts return to the spirit world. If a ghost must emerge from the spirit world and there are none present then the players lose.

CONCLUDED IN PART 2

Morrellium
04-07-2015, 03:56 AM
CONTINUED FROM PART 1

UPDATED 19.12.15 -I still haven't managed to test this yet due to moving and the run up to the holidays. I did however manage to play some of the actual game which highlighted a few oversights in my idea which I've fixed.

The Items Tokens:

NEGATIVE:

1. AMBUSH – Pick one ghost card from the bottom shuffled deck. Place that ghosts piece in the location of the item with two class 1 ghosts either side. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x2.

2. AMBUSH – Pick one ghost card from the bottom shuffled deck. Place that ghosts piece in the location of the item with two class 2 ghosts either side. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x2.

3. AMBUSH – Pick one ghost card from the bottom shuffled deck. Place that ghosts piece in the location of the item with two class 3 ghosts either side. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x2.

4. Gate Token – Place a random gate token in the location of this item and place two class 1 ghosts either side of the gate. If this item was landed on by a player, then add an extra two class 1 ghosts either side of the gate.

5. Gate Token – Place a random gate token in the location of this item and place two class 2 ghosts either side of the gate. If this item was landed on by a player, then add an extra two class 2 ghosts either side of the gate.

6. Gate Token – Place a random gate token in the location of this item and place two class 3 ghosts either side of the gate. If this item was landed on by a player, then add an extra two class 3 ghosts either side of the gate.

7. Gate Token – Place a random gate token in the location of this item and pick one ghost card from the bottom shuffled deck. If this item was landed on by a player, then add an extra four class 2 ghosts either side of the gate.

8. Class 1 ghost – Place one class 1 ghost in the location of this item. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x1.

9. Class 2 ghost – Place one class 2 ghost in the location of this item. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x1.

10. Class 3 ghost – Place one class 3 ghost in the location of this item. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x1.

11. Ghost card from the deck - Pick one ghost card from the bottom shuffled deck and place that ghost’s piece in the location of the item. If this item was landed on by a player, then that player is slimed x2.

NEUTRAL:

Junk – Nothing of worth and is discarded instantly.

POSITIVE:

These are perks that can be used once but are in play for a whole scenario. They can be activated at the start of that players turn, just place the token on your player card to remind you of the ability.

Only ONE perk per player. If a player has two perks they must choose one and give the other to a player who has none.

1. Portable Proton Pack – You are equipped with the portable pack allowing you to move FOUR SPACES during the whole scenario.

2. Stasis Proton Stream – Your pack has been equipped with the stasis stream. This disables the movement of any ghost you attack on your turn during the whole scenario.

3. Boson Dart – Your pack has been equipped with the Boson dart. This allows you to attack TWO ghosts once that are in your line of sight on your turn during the whole scenario.

4. Meson Collider – You pack has been upgraded and the length of your proton stream has increased by +2 during the whole scenario.

5. Slime Tether – Any ghost you attack on your turn will not be able to run off the board during the whole scenario.

6. Pack Vent Upgrade – Your pack has been optimised and so you gain an extra combat role during the whole scenario.

7. Slime Blower Attachment – You gain a +1 action during the whole scenario because you need extra time to slime!

8. Slime Proof Vest – You can’t be slimed at all during the whole scenario.

9. Fast Trap – Any ghost you catch on your turn will automatically go to the spirit during the whole scenario.

10. Ecto-1 Tune up – When you drive Ecto-1 it will be able to move it an extra +2 SPACES during the whole scenario.

Token Links

http://i.imgur.com/oHIrhpj.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/eX3J6hD.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/UiIe84F.jpg

Conclusion:

If you made it this far, first of all thank you. Thank you for putting up with the ramblings of a mad man. Secondly, I think this might be a fun scenario to play plus the method of scanning item tokens could be incorporated into any scenario and don’t have to remain exclusive to this type of scenario.

There you go. That was my idea of trying to simulate a ghost hunt, thank you again for your time and reading my idea. I hope it hasn’t been a complete waste of your time! If anyone gets a chance to play it and has feedback then please let me know!

I’m going to go outside now.

BradBosshart
04-07-2015, 06:43 AM
Wow, that's a lot of work,thanks! Haven't had a chance to test mine, either!

BradBosshart
04-07-2015, 06:45 AM
Nice idea brad. Do the devices move once they've been captured by Killerwatt?

Yes, the devices become class one ghosts.

Morrellium
04-08-2015, 07:10 AM
Wow, that's a lot of work,thanks! Haven't had a chance to test mine, either!

You're welcome Brad! I hope it works and is fun to play. On paper it looks fun to me!

BradBosshart
04-08-2015, 01:02 PM
One of my gaming friends is itching to play next Friday.

Werechicken
04-10-2015, 09:36 AM
Morr! Excellent work! Now let's do Peoplebusters!

BradBosshart
04-10-2015, 10:13 AM

You know, I was thinking of a scenario with a lyncathropic fowl..

BradBosshart
04-10-2015, 04:59 PM
Beware...the Werechicken! http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=-iwOv6nl

5 egg portals. roll portal die end each turn produces a Werechick. Chaos/6 does not activate all eggs, ignore. s/All Eggs must be closed ( roll 4, 4 streams) to defeat Werechicken. Werechicks can bite roll 5 vs GB's. Roll portal die after being bitten. If chaos (or 6 on numbered die) GB becomes a Werechick next round. Werechicks are Class one, but need 5 to hit since they run around a lot. A werechick GB needs 4 or better to hit, 2 streams to cure. Can be infected by another chick. If all chicks come out of the eggs, the GB's lose. Win by defeating Werechicken, all other chicks defeated after he is trapped. Werechicks and Werechicken are physical and blocked by walls but ignore terrain like cars, can only attack adjacent targets, no long range, no slime.

Morrellium
04-11-2015, 04:42 AM

Thanks buddy! I was brewing a possible scenario with the Spectral GBs, one to replicate Citizen Ghost. I know it's not peoplebusters but it's close enough!

Morrellium
04-11-2015, 04:45 AM
Beware...the Werechicken! http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=-iwOv6nl

5 egg portals. roll portal die end each turn produces a Werechick. Chaos/6 does not activate all eggs, ignore. s/All Eggs must be closed ( roll 4, 4 streams) to defeat Werechicken. Werechicks can bite roll 5 vs GB's. Roll portal die after being bitten. If chaos (or 6 on numbered die) GB becomes a Werechick next round. Werechicks are Class one, but need 5 to hit since they run around a lot. A werechick GB needs 4 or better to hit, 2 streams to cure. Can be infected by another chick. If all chicks come out of the eggs, the GB's lose. Win by defeating Werechicken, all other chicks defeated after he is trapped. Werechicks and Werechicken are physical and blocked by walls but ignore terrain like cars, can only attack adjacent targets, no long range, no slime.

Nice one Brad, sounds good!

BradBosshart
04-11-2015, 09:36 AM
thanks! Where is Werechicken? I thought he would be all over this? : )

Werechicken
04-13-2015, 01:43 PM
Woah hey! Well done brad!

Werechicken
04-13-2015, 01:44 PM
I was busy over the weekend, good job. But you know, its not Werechicken unless you use Egon's giant weather balloon to freeze him.

Skyknight
04-14-2015, 05:57 AM
I just had an idea for a whole new game mechanic. It adds the gremlins from "Don't Forget the Motor City" RGB episode to the collection of ghosts.
Whenever a gremlin moves through a Ghostbuster, his Proton Pack is temporary damaged, but he can spend 1 action to get it working again(works a bit like removing slime). When it moves through Ecto-1, put a damage marker on it.

1 Damage Marker = You can't drive the Ecto anywhere, unless it's repaired!
2 Damage Markers = Additionally to not moving you can't deposit traps in the Ecto anymore.
3+ Damage Markers = Just makes it harder to get it working again.

Each Ghostbuster gets a new standard action: A Ghostbuster on an adjacent space to the Ecto can try to repair it by rolling a die.
This uses 2 standard actions. The difficulty of the roll depends on the number of damage markers on the Ecto:
1 = Roll 3-6 to remove a damage marker!
2 = Roll 4-6 to remove a damage marker!
3 = Roll 5-6 to remove a damage marker!
4+ = Roll a 6 to remove a damage marker!

This also adds the possibillity of a new charater with these Abillities:
Lv1 = Whenever you make a successful Repair Roll, gain 1XP.
Lv2 = You may reroll a failed Repair Roll once each turn.
Lv3 = +1 Action
Lv4 = When you make a successful Repair Roll, you can make another Repair Roll.
Lv5 = All Ghostbusters Roll 2 dice when trying to repair the Ecto.

Motor City Gremlin Class 2
To Hit : 5 or more
To Trap : 2 Streams
When Hit : Moves 1 space towards that Ghostbuster.
When Missed : Moves 2 spaces towards the Ecto.
Special : As described above.

This is no special scenario, the gremlins can appear anytime during a running game!

BradBosshart
04-15-2015, 10:39 AM
That's a good one, too!

BradBosshart
04-15-2015, 10:40 AM
I was busy over the weekend, good job. But you know, its not Werechicken unless you use Egon's giant weather balloon to freeze him.

You must supply your own balloon! : P

Werechicken
04-20-2015, 09:38 AM
I'd like to see other modes invented with the game, I know the gate mechanic is the main one, but we gotta come up with a few different types.

BradBosshart
04-21-2015, 06:44 AM
I'm sure they are working on it!

Werechicken
04-29-2015, 05:11 AM
Right, but what else could we create?

BradBosshart
05-01-2015, 12:17 PM
Well, made a few. What else can I make?

Werechicken
05-04-2015, 10:40 AM
Hm, let's see...I think the cartoon is a better example, as the movie just had two examples. Reverse the flow at Gozer's gate, and defeat Vigo, which dissipates the slime. Of course, now that I'm reading that Slimer was still around after the Gate was closed, so why did the other ghosts not stick around? Sigh, them going out of business just makes no sense. ANYHOW. The cartoon showed a lot of issues.

1. Not having access to unlimited traps. Maybe have a finite amount? (I know they originally tried it and said it didn't work, but its something we could look at)
2. Crimebusters! Might have to borrow some Heroclix for this, but make criminals instead of ghosts, deposit them at the jail.

BradBosshart
05-06-2015, 12:40 PM
Yeah, i'm only doing the cartoon since the game will cover the first movie. Might need to watch some RGB episodes.

Werechicken
05-07-2015, 05:40 PM
We could make a way to beat a level by setting your proton pack to blow, as they did more and more often towards the end of the series.

BradBosshart
05-08-2015, 11:23 AM
Yeah, but that doesn't hhave a theme like Werechicken. Although, Boogieman's realm is a theme...

Werechicken
05-08-2015, 12:41 PM
How many times did they blow up the packs?

BradBosshart
05-08-2015, 04:04 PM
How many times did they blow up the packs?
Boogieman is the only one I can think of. But there are probably others.

Skyknight
05-08-2015, 11:54 PM
There were like four or five, but I can also only really remember the one with the Boogieman! OH, and the one where the pack overheats and they throw it into the Hudson before it explodes.

BradBosshart
05-11-2015, 08:37 PM
speaking of the Boogieman...

http://www.4shared.com/folder/-iwOv6nl/_online.html

the Boogieman Adventure!

Werechicken
05-12-2015, 02:44 PM
wooooooooooooooot

BradBosshart
06-17-2015, 09:57 AM
I am going to upload the Otto Korrekt office adventure tonight!

BradBosshart
06-17-2015, 06:51 PM
here it is!

http://www.4shared.com/office/Ialpj4VTba/Otto_Korrekt_Scenario.html

BradBosshart
06-22-2015, 12:22 PM
new "Boogie in the Sandbox" scenario by me and my nephew, Luke!

Boogie in the Sandbox

Characters needed: Hero Slimer, at least 3 Ghostbusters, Ecto 1, Boogieman, Sandman, 3 Class ones, 2 Class 2's, 1 Class 3 ghosts. Players can start anywhere except the basement.

Tiles: Benito's GB Firehouse tiles, Spirit World Tile.

To win: Beat all the ghosts.

How you lose: If Sandman puts all the Ghostbusters to sleep, or if Boogieman shuts down all the portals in the Spirit World.

Scenario: There are 5 portals that open in the Firehouse. Portal one is on the Ecto-containment Unit in the basement, the other four are randomly placed on the first or second floors. Ecto 1 is parked on the first floor. The Ghostbusters try to close the active portals as the ghosts come in from the Spirit World. Hero Slimer can help by removing slime from Ghostbuster and charging ghosts and knocking them back. (Remember, Hero Slimer builds his Slime Pool from slime and food, allowing him to increase his speed and to hit accuracy.)

Once all the portals (2-5) are closed, Portal one opens, sucking anything in the basement into the Spirit World. This is the second part of the Scenario. Set up all 5 portals, one in each corner, one in the center. Boogieman and Sandman are in the Spirit World with any left over ghosts. The Ghostbusters have to beat Sandman and Boogieman before Boogieman uses his gate closing power to trap the GB's and Hero Slimer in the Spirit World. Note: Use numbers for “open” portals for Boogieman in the Spirit World, not closed ones as he does in the real world. Ghostbusters can open closed portals the same way they close them in the real world, 4 to strike, 2 streams.

BradBosshart
06-23-2015, 05:02 PM
http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=-iwOv6nl

This is the "Death Derby" race featuring the Zombie Taxi Drivers. My 7 year old nephew inspired it. : )

Morrellium
06-30-2015, 04:03 AM
Thanks for all these Brad. You've been putting in some work!

BradBosshart
06-30-2015, 07:45 AM
Thanks!! I plan on using some of this with the real game, too!

BradBosshart
07-20-2015, 05:57 PM
Here is the map set for PPG Place in Pittsburgh. From the Obelisk to the walkway, there are around 100 tiles! I can't wait to see how big it is on a table! I got the (rough) scale from Google Maps and made my custom tiles. http://www.4shared.com/folder/-iwOv6nl/_online.html

BradBosshart
07-24-2015, 05:28 PM
Here is the Pittsburgh Season maps file, same place

BradBosshart
07-30-2015, 04:18 PM
I added A Port Authority Bus and the Omni Westin William Penn Hotel maps, and the Pittsburgh Mills Mall Food court!

BradBosshart
08-02-2015, 11:10 AM
I added A Port Authority Bus and the Omni Westin William Penn Hotel maps, and the Pittsburgh Mills Mall Food court!

Hi all! Just a heads up. Anyone trying to access files in my 4Shared account, you can't. They locked me down for "copyright infringement" over the Omni William Penn Hotel of all things. I emailed them, we'll see what happens...

Scott_Dufficy
08-21-2015, 10:00 AM
I'd be interested in seeing how people plan to incorporate Peck into their scenarios. Aside from wanting to add him at the start of a scenario, I think it would be more fun to have him trigger when certain thing occur in the game.

Once thought would be since he currently regulates the GBs, if a scenario is getting too out of hand Peck would show up and get in the way. Perhaps a good way would be if too many ghosts escape from the play area (2-3), meaning they are now roaming free in the city and causing PR nightmares. Peck could be placed in or near the space the last ghost escaped and then his normal rules would commence. It would add a nice challenge and require the GB to coordinate not only attacks on the gates but also fine tune their wrangling skills in order to keep ghosts within the play area.

BradBosshart
08-26-2015, 08:33 AM
That sounds like a plan!

Morrellium
08-27-2015, 01:54 AM
I'd be interested in seeing how people plan to incorporate Peck into their scenarios. Aside from wanting to add him at the start of a scenario, I think it would be more fun to have him trigger when certain thing occur in the game.

One thought would be since he currently regulates the GBs, if a scenario is getting too out of hand Peck would show up and get in the way. Perhaps a good way would be if too many ghosts escape from the play area (2-3), meaning they are now roaming free in the city and causing PR nightmares. Peck could be placed in or near the space the last ghost escaped and then his normal rules would commence. It would add a nice challenge and require the GB to coordinate not only attacks on the gates but also fine tune their wrangling skills in order to keep ghosts within the play area.

That's a great idea! As an addition to this idea could be that Peck comes into play once every player has missed when attacking a ghost/gate. If the ghostbusters missing the ghosts then they are causing property damage and so need PCOC management! You could also apply it if say two players miss double rolls when attacking a ghost.

Another thought is Peck could come into play if there are only two ghosts left in the spirit world. If there are only two left then that would mean that too many ghosts have been running amok in streets and complaints have been made. Even if all the ghosts have been trapped by the players but haven't been deposited yet, Peck's arrival could serve as punishment/warning for allowing the ghosts in the spirit world to become too low.

Scott_Dufficy
08-27-2015, 11:02 AM
Cool thought! I also like the idea of tying Peck into property damage. Property damage/ repercussions would be a pretty fun concept to work into the game, since it's such a big part of the humor of the franchise. People could decide on what causes property damage (such as your example of two misses in a row) before the round starts. Possibly even a miss within range of a wall, car or structure behind the target would trigger a property damage marker, and Peck shows up after so many markers are on the board.

It could also be fun to roll a die before a scenario starts and if you roll the GB symbol Peck has to automatically join the game as a supervised mission.

I think he was a fun addition to the kickstarter, his rules are different enough than the ghosts I feel if implemented effectively he's practically a single figure mini-expansion to the base game.

BradBosshart
09-03-2015, 06:33 AM
I made event cards, I can't post them from work, and I can't get my little tablet to post it. Will have to do it tonight.

BradBosshart
09-03-2015, 03:29 PM
I put it in my 4shared http://www.4shared.com/folder/-iwOv6nl/_online.html but I don't know if it's still locked or not.

BradBosshart
09-03-2015, 03:33 PM
Cool thought! I also like the idea of tying Peck into property damage. Property damage/ repercussions would be a pretty fun concept to work into the game, since it's such a big part of the humor of the franchise. People could decide on what causes property damage (such as your example of two misses in a row) before the round starts. Possibly even a miss within range of a wall, car or structure behind the target would trigger a property damage marker, and Peck shows up after so many markers are on the board.

It could also be fun to roll a die before a scenario starts and if you roll the GB symbol Peck has to automatically join the game as a supervised mission.

I think he was a fun addition to the kickstarter, his rules are different enough than the ghosts I feel if implemented effectively he's practically a single figure mini-expansion to the base game.

Hi Scott! I wonder if they could do a deck thing with damage? As you play, you draw damage cards, maybe three levels of damage? When your GB gets to a certain level of damage, Peck shows up! Or, maybe if you roll a Chaos, you pull a card, you roll a one, you draw a card, etc. I don't think CZ realizes what they've got here. This "board game" is the tip of the iceberg. : )

BradBosshart
09-17-2015, 04:45 PM
Ok, kids, here is another custom, Pittsburgh-based scenario. It's in the City County Building, and features Fearsome Flushes!

Scott_Dufficy
09-18-2015, 02:30 PM
Hey there Brad. True I think the game lends itself to some great house rules or customizations like that. From what I can see they created a really solid base game that anyone should be able to jump in, but easily leaves it open to additions for folks who want a little more complexity. Though aside from adding custom scenarios I don't even think I would change anything drastic about the game itself, it just looks fun and simple to play!

BradBosshart
09-19-2015, 04:43 PM
Oh, I'm sure it's fun. Just ossing stuff out there, in case folks get bored. : )

Pace
09-28-2015, 09:59 AM
Sorry to ask...is there any tools or mini-program avalable to build our senarios like a pro...Some kind of tool for the zombicide game?

Scott_Dufficy
09-28-2015, 03:22 PM
Hi Pace. I know when (or after) the game releases there will be an online random scenario generator on the website. I'm not yet certain the level of customizing it will or will not allow. As far as a tool to make a slick looking custom scenario from the ground up, I haven't heard anything, but I bet someone with good computer skills will probably make a template and post it to the board, if it is not done by crypto themselves.

BradBosshart
11-09-2015, 04:37 PM
newest Werechicken 2.0 scenario.

Werechicken
11-16-2015, 05:58 AM
Thank you.

So why aren't all the people complaining about the negativity coming to this forum?

sara.miguel
11-16-2015, 12:22 PM
Shhhhhh.

As much as everyone is entitled to their feelings about the campaign, I would like this forum to stay about actual game play

BradBosshart
11-19-2015, 05:32 PM
Yeah, Werechicken, shhhhhhh!!!!

Skyknight
11-20-2015, 05:49 AM
I'm really happy that all you positive people share so many great ideas here! The negative people over at KS all need a positively charged slime shower ;)

Werechicken
11-23-2015, 05:18 AM
Sorry, maybe you guys misunderstood. I'm saying this place is GREAT. And if people want to avoid the negatively of say Facebook or Kickstarter, they could come here. that's all I meant.

I love custom scenarios. I saw some great ideas for Stay Puft throwing cars and a trap mechanic for the game.

sara.miguel
11-23-2015, 10:25 AM
AHHHH. Gotcha. It's that darn negative mood slime. Get outta here slime!

tnuol
11-24-2015, 05:20 AM
I thought about creating a set of missions - problem is, not every version of the boardgame is the same - I have the mass hysteria version - so if I create a mission that includes the Sedgewick hotel tiles, folks who bought the retail version wont be able to play it - and same for those who create missions using library tiles, I wont be able to play those - is it or will it be possible to make these tiles by downloading images of the maps etc?

BradBosshart
11-24-2015, 08:16 AM
They may be available eventually

Werechicken
11-24-2015, 08:56 AM
Hey, but for now, let's enjoy the mass hysteria package options we got!

Skyknight
11-24-2015, 09:37 AM
@tnuol
We all have that problem. I think that will lead to custom scenarios that will mostly use only the base retail tiles and figures until we see expansions comming to the stores.

@all
Apologies for the following because it might sound a bit too negative.
The game has lots of potential, but I can't imagine what possible expansions could be coming to the stores that I would buy, because everything I would like to see in an expansion has been ruled out already, because it's all exclusive.

Content from the RGB cartoons? Possible, but the most popular villains from the cartoons are already exclusive.
Content from the videogame? Could work, but not without the Rookie and Shandor as the endboss.
Content from Extreme Ghostbusters? I don't think too many would buy that, also they'd have to do without Kylie, because it was said that no variations of exclusives would be produced.
Ghostbusters 2? That would be my best bet, but I wouldn't buy a whole expansion just to get Vigo.

I think I will most likely just play custom scenarios from Brad and other cool guys here.

Don't get me wrong, I love this game and I love the Cryptozoic guys for making it, but I think they just painted themselfes into a corner!

Small hint for the producer team: In the next campaign don't make 90% of the stretch goals exclusive only. Include them in the base game for the Kickstarter ppl and make add-ons that include them for the stores. That way retail buyers have to pay extra if they want the same stuff and can't complain about having "half a game"!
Well, this time the ship has sailed and you can't use that expensive molds you had produced to make expansions, because you promised(and should keep the promise) you wouldn't, but think about it for the next time!

@Sara
You've got to have the patience of an angel, dealing with the angry mob on KS and the disrespectful, insulting people! Don't let it get to you! Most of us are not like that. I think you're a smart and kind Lady and you're doing a great job!

Werechicken
11-25-2015, 08:11 AM
Well, I'm pretty sure you'd get more than just vigo for GB2, but of course, this could be answered in the GB2 Speculation thread!!!!!

Hosted by your's truly....Werechicken

sara.miguel
11-25-2015, 10:54 AM
Small hint for the producer team: In the next campaign don't make 90% of the stretch goals exclusive only. Include them in the base game for the Kickstarter ppl and make add-ons that include them for the stores. That way retail buyers have to pay extra if they want the same stuff and can't complain about having "half a game"!
Well, this time the ship has sailed and you can't use that expensive molds you had produced to make expansions, because you promised(and should keep the promise) you wouldn't, but think about it for the next time!

Actually, we did do that. Those who are complaining didn't read the campaign or the updates. It's a really fine line to walk with retailers and individual backers...and we figured it out the hard way. Or are you talking about retail after the fact? I haven't finished my coffee yet...

@Sara
You've got to have the patience of an angel, dealing with the angry mob on KS and the disrespectful, insulting people! Don't let it get to you! Most of us are not like that. I think you're a smart and kind Lady and you're doing a great job!

Thank you :) I appreciate it.

BradBosshart
11-25-2015, 11:31 AM
Hi Sara! Here's some Civil War Ghosts and counters that go with Dylan Watkins Civil War Scenario.

Skyknight
11-25-2015, 11:46 AM
I meant real retail expansion.

BradBosshart
12-02-2015, 04:53 PM
I just added my Christmas scenario in time for the holidays! http://www.4shared.com/account/home.jsp#dir=-iwOv6nl

Werechicken
12-11-2015, 10:31 PM
I've been reviewing your awesome work, great job, guys

BradBosshart
12-12-2015, 04:52 PM

I added plain grass and street generic tiles to allow you to make larger maps. I made them from the PDF of the Retailer Scenario.

Werechicken
12-13-2015, 07:05 PM
Brad, I feel like you actually create and contribute....and I just talk.

BradBosshart
12-17-2015, 04:05 PM
I added Containment Unit tiles to my 4 shared:

Starheart
12-19-2015, 05:54 AM
I know I have talked about it before about using heroclix maps. I just received another one that someone may want to use. In the Age of Ultron set there was a map that is New York destroyed. Thought about using it in an end of the world scenario.

Morrellium
12-19-2015, 11:31 AM
If anybody is interested (or cares!:D) having been able to now play the game it's highlighted a few oversights in my previous ideas I posted here a while back which I've now fixed. I've still not been able to play my scenario due to my moving house and the run up to the holiday season so I still have no idea if it is any good!

Anyway if you wanna see my amendments you can find them in this very forum here:

Post Number 30:

http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42020&page=3&p=471399#post471399

Post Numbers 44 & 45
http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42020&page=5&p=474050#post474050

BradBosshart
12-20-2015, 07:25 PM
Thanks Morellium!

BradBosshart
12-22-2015, 08:53 PM
there is an updated file in my 4share, Xmas 2.0 with containment tiles and a rescue scenario for the Xmas ghosts.

Morrellium
12-24-2015, 07:58 AM
Thanks Brad!

BradBosshart
12-25-2015, 07:55 AM
It's funny, but I am trying not to create because I want to save ideas for the new campaign (next year?). : )

JayTigran
01-04-2016, 09:11 AM
I'm working on a campaign that makes the Spectral Ghostbusters more bosses than nuisances.

Also involves the Ghostbusters going to the Spirit World tile :)

Werechicken
01-06-2016, 12:55 PM
Nice, Jay.

Don't forget the People busters

Crazy1van
01-06-2016, 07:57 PM
As I've mentioned elsewhere, I'm planning a campaign that utilizes some HorrorClix pieces, specifically THE GREAT CTHULHU as the uber-boss that will come about if the Ghostbusters fail to defeat Cathulhu. To get through all three dials and finally destroy him, each stream will do clix damage equal to the GB's level (realistically they should all be L5 by this time. Trying to come up with game mechanics for Madness aside from just making the affected GB attack his friends.

Scott_Dufficy
01-14-2016, 01:54 PM
I know some folks were daydreaming of a TMNT/GB expansion, well since heroclix is releasing a TMNT set in a couple of months, I'd love to see some TMNT crossover custom campaign ideas, maybe involving the plotline of the crossover comic. I'll try and brainstorm a little myself too!

RingoH
02-11-2016, 01:33 PM
IDW is releasing TMNT game, it is on Kickstarter.... I would assume those miniatures would be closer to the same scale as GB than the Heroclix ones. I especially dislike the amount of space the clix dials make a miniatures base take up.

BradBosshart
02-15-2016, 08:53 PM
I'm in the KS now. I'm planning on getting Clix, too. That will give me more Foot Clan, and maybe some other TMNT stuff that won't be in the KS. Yeah, the Clix are big, but, what can you do? You could take them off the bases if you aren't using them for clix. I'm going to make the A-team and Knight Rider for GB, already made the cards.

MattMurdock
02-18-2016, 10:31 PM
Im backing the TMNT game too - so Cryptozoic, please dont launch a GB expansion kickstarter for at least 3 months! My wallet is dry and I don't want to miss another one! (after missing the first).

sara.miguel
02-19-2016, 09:05 AM
Im backing the TMNT game too - so Cryptozoic, please dont launch a GB expansion kickstarter for at least 3 months! My wallet is dry and I don't want to miss another one! (after missing the first).

I cannot confirm or deny a second campaign within the next 3 months.

Meankeb
02-19-2016, 07:33 PM

/headexplosion

MattMurdock
02-19-2016, 10:58 PM
I really hope not, my chances for backing will be slim. I would say that coming so soon after TMNT would be detrimental to the success of the campaign :/

sara.miguel
02-20-2016, 12:47 AM
I really hope not, my chances for backing will be slim. I would say that coming so soon after TMNT would be detrimental to the success of the campaign :/

The hard thing about planning campaigns is we don't know what other people are planning until it is announced. The amount of planning and work that goes into a campaign before it launches is a lot and it's hard to change course once you've started.

BradBosshart
02-20-2016, 08:17 AM
I can't confirm or deny your denial. : P

MattMurdock
02-20-2016, 12:17 PM
edited: off topic, reposted on OT

ItchyAaron
02-26-2016, 05:17 AM
O_O Okay, I need to start setting money aside RIGHT NOW. This is military speak for, "I know what's coming, but I can't say anything about it either way." Therefore, I'm going to assume that a new campaign is on the way in the near future. A campaign that I will definitely be supporting.

Crazy1van
09-05-2016, 09:15 PM
Everyone who has made or is interested in making a custom scenario for this game should head to the Facebook group and submit something for the scenario contest! Deadline is Wednesday night! All the rules are on the pinned post. Only 4 scenarios have been entered so far, and with prizes being handed out for the top three, newcomers would still have a pretty good chance of winning something.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/GhostbustersTheBoardGame/

Crazy1van
09-09-2016, 04:40 AM
The contest is now over. There were a total of 5 entries. Due to this, all 5 entries were chosen as winners.

Morrellium
11-26-2017, 06:38 AM
Hey guys! When the first game came out the Sedwick hotel and the Shandor roof top tiles weren't included in the retail set. Consequently the team weren't able to make missions that incorporates those tiles with Stay Puft and Slimer because the retail version didn't have them. Now that the Luis Tully expansion gave us the Firehouse and a whole new set of map tiles; I thought it might be good to do missions that re-enact iconic scenes from the movies.

So I've made the scenario to represent the first bust of Slimer at the Sedwick Hotel. While not strictly a blow for blow recreation of the scene in the movie, my goal is to recreate the essence of those moments. It's designed it to be a one off Slimer mission or the first mission in your campaign.

All the Elements are from the GB1 Kickstarter Deluxe Edition and the GB2 Kickstarter Deluxe Edition. I've popped it on to the GB community google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1bMQxJLc98q45YtzkXI45yQr6CX5q0L7f

I might do more of these down the line but for now here just this one. I've tested it a few times and with three different groups and all seemed to enjoy it so, I hope you guys do too!