PDA

View Full Version : Introduction Thread!

sara.miguel
03-18-2015, 06:16 PM
Use this area to introduce yourself to your fellow 'Busters.

EXAMPLE!
Hi, I'm Sara, better known as the Yeti Handler.
My favorite color is green, my favorite movie is Nightmare Before Christmas, and I was really stoked when we unlocked Walter Peck and that we have the Spectral GB's!

(so...just whatever you want to say about yourself!)

mattsheeler
03-18-2015, 06:35 PM
Hi ya everyone. I'm Matt and I'm an Alch.... Wait..... Wrong forum. Happy be stalking here and on Facebook. Can't wait till October and bust some heads!!!! (in a spiritual sense of course). Love ghostbusters , marvel comics, doctor who (DONT BLINK) very eclectic on music. Married have 2 dogs, 2 cats, plus we are foster parents for dogs who need homes. Good thing my wife love ghostbusters too. So I'm safe on those aspects.

BradBosshart
03-18-2015, 06:39 PM
I'm Brad and am married with a son, love GB, can't wait for the game!

RogueNine
03-18-2015, 07:27 PM
I'm an Alch....

Ah, so you're an alchemist, then? (I may have been playing just a bit too much Skyrim lately)

My name is Nathan, but I use RogueNine as my alias everywhere so why stop here? I am obsessed, quite obviously, with Star Wars (just A New Hope onward, there are no prequels in Ba Sing Se), video games, 80s and 90s pop-culture, Mystery Science Theater 3000 and the art of riffing on bad movies, and more stuff that I can't even think of since I'm doped to the gills on antihistamines right now. No kids, no pets, but I have a handful of friends who are excited about this game as I am. Egon has always been my favorite 'Buster- his abilities to exploit failed dice rolls plus my 'Irish luck' will make us unstoppable on the tabletop!

Kromebuster
03-18-2015, 09:02 PM
Hi everyone, my name is Travis and I'm ridiculously excited for this game! I'm a big GB fan, and also huge into Doctor Who, Star Wars, Star Trek (though not pleased with the recent reboot thereof), Firefly... eh, probably easier to just say that I'm a nerd, and that I'm into most things nerdy.

GameShowMan
03-19-2015, 12:44 AM
Hello, friends.

My name's Joe Van Ginkel, the "Game Show Man" from Anaheim, CA. The original Ghostbusters was the first film I ever saw in a theater, and it's been my favorite ever since. I was a stalwart fan of The Real Ghostbusters cartoon series (the early syndie episodes are my favorites), I've played the crap out of Ghostbusters: The Video Game (can't tell you how happy I am that the Rookie was unlocked!), and I've been waiting for a definitive tabletop Ghostbusters experience for a very long time.

I'm also a big fan of space opera (Star Trek [RIP Leonard Nimoy], Star Wars and Babylon 5 are personal faves), Doctor Who (the current series along with the 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 7th Doctors) and and retro video games (I was a Nintendo boy from NES through N64). But as my nickname implies, game shows are my main interest in life. I've been a contestant on three of them: Match Game '98, Russian Roulette and Merv Griffin's Crosswords. My buddies and I go around doing live interactive recreations of many of them, and we have been developing our own originals hoping to get one sold to a production company and on the air.

Can't wait to get my hands on my Mass Hysteria edition of Ghostbusters: The Board Game.

Morrellium
03-19-2015, 05:34 AM
Hello everyone, my name's Chris Morrell and I migrated here from the Kickstarter forums.

I'm based in the UK and I've been a big fan of Ghostbusters since I was a kid. So pleased with the direction this game is heading. So nice to be able to play with characters from the movie, cartoons and comics in one glorious game!

Roll on October!

P.S.Any idea how to get an avatar in this forum? :confused:

Ryanup4
03-19-2015, 06:24 AM
Hi all,

My name is Ryan. My favorite color is green. I have literally been slimed (circa the Ghostbusters show that Universal studios had in the early 90s, but discontinued) by a ghost. I am a licensed professional counselor, with Bachelors in Psychology and a Masters in Counseling Psychology (the closest you can get to what the ghostbusters have these days). So Matt, if you are an ALch... I can help... I have been a huge fan since I was a child, but until recently have been unable to procure funds to support the Ghostbusters community. Life is getting better, hence my ability to back and support this game via Kickstarter. I am very interested in becoming a part of the community and enriching it or providing feedback on what may or may not work for the game. I am specifically interested in how the game may adapt for a younger audience as I have very young nieces and nephews and will eventually be having my own children I want to share the game with.

Jaster
03-19-2015, 07:37 AM
Hello all,

My name is John and I also migrated from the kickstarter forums. I am really glad CZE has this forum because I try to avoid facebook whenever I can.

Ghostbusters is one of the three pillars of my geekdom. The other two being Star Wars and Transformers (tho not so much the TF movies). Can you guess which decade I grew up in? Although, I think my son is more excited about this game than I am. He asks everyday if they put up a picture of the spirit world tile yet.

Also, this is the most I have ever spent on a game not named X-wing Miniatures Game. Well played CZE :D

mrmister22
03-19-2015, 07:43 AM
Hey everyone,

I don't often browse forums but this one I think I need to settle into, since the game won't hit until October! My name is Brian and in addition to being an avid gamer, I actually am a paranormal investigator. I've studied psychology and parapsychology and I was totally influenced by Ghostbusters as a child. I'm a big fan of the movies and the Real Ghostbusters cartoon (syndicated, not so much the ABC version) and I'm looking forward to exploring the comics, after several shining recommendations on the Kickstarter comment feed.

radalbert
03-19-2015, 08:25 AM
Hello everyone,

My name is Albertus. I live in Alberta, Canada. I was 2 when the first film came out, and became a fan of Ghostbusters when I first saw The Real Ghostbusters. I saw Ghostbusters 2 in the theatre, have played the 2009 video games for countless hours. If you can believe it, I'm also really looking forward to the reboot! I am a deluxe backer of the board game, and am really excited to play. I even made my own version of the game out of paper so that I could play the game before the real one arrives. Super geeky, I know. I am a Program Coordinator in Disability Services, and am happily married. My favorite Ghostbuster is Peter.

zombie57
03-19-2015, 08:58 AM
Hello! I am a boardgame addict, I have been dry from the past 31 hours since I last played a boardgame.

Looking forward to Ghostbusters to help the addiciton...

Scott_Dufficy
03-19-2015, 09:23 AM
My name is Scott and I'm from Northern California. Not much to say about myself, let's see...well..I attended Juilliard... I'm a graduate of the Harvard business school. I travel quite extensively. I lived through the Black Plague and had a pretty good time during that. I've seen the Exorcist about a hundred and sixty-seven times, and it keeps getting funnier every single time I see it!

ghostosaurus
03-19-2015, 09:31 AM
Hello! My name is Jeremy. I'm very active in the GB community (via the internet more than in person, lately). I contributed 2 widely-used alphabets to the GB community for uniform name tags (GB1 and 2) as well as Ghost Smashers patch designs that were produced by a friend on etsy who made patches. I run the "Ghostbusters Cons & Events" Facebook group and can't wait to play this game with friends! I don't think I have ever been more psyched in a KS campaign!

sara.miguel
03-19-2015, 10:37 AM
P.S.Any idea how to get an avatar in this forum? :confused:

It's under settings!

sara.miguel
03-19-2015, 10:38 AM
Also, this is the most I have ever spent on a game not named X-wing Miniatures Game. Well played CZE :D

Don't tell me that! I am supposed to start learning X-Wing today...oof.

ErikBurnham
03-19-2015, 01:19 PM
I'm Erik.

I'm a Pisces.

I emailed both Sara and Adam and have yet to hear back.

It's like they have REAL LIVES. Gosh!

(;

sara.miguel
03-19-2015, 01:20 PM
It's like they have REAL LIVES. Gosh!

Is this real life?

Wait...what is life?

ErikBurnham
03-19-2015, 01:32 PM
You're asking the wrong guy!

cfield1588
03-19-2015, 03:10 PM
Hi, I'm Chris. I'm from Yorkshire UK. Ghostbusters was my childhood!! This is my first kickstarter and it was impossible to say no. The gameplay videos were amazing. Bring on October.

P.S. I tried adding an avatar, you can't. maybe its disabled?

sara.miguel
03-19-2015, 03:34 PM
P.S. I tried adding an avatar, you can't. maybe its disabled?

It's under settings! It also has to be 80x80. It will not resize.

cfield1588
03-19-2015, 03:43 PM
http://i.imgur.com/uLKIjSF.jpg

Cant see an option there?

Jaster
03-19-2015, 06:08 PM
Don't tell me that! I am supposed to start learning X-Wing today...oof.

Don't worry, it is a super fun game. I think you will enjoy it. It has been my favorite game for a couple years now. And one doesn't need to spend as much as I have. I just like having a ton of options, hence why I bought two MH. :p

Although, if they were not pre-painted I might not have bought it at all as I am not a painter. I do not generally go for a box of gray figures and/or ships. I am really glad you guys are making the ghosts translucent & the GB different colors.

Werechicken
03-20-2015, 07:34 AM
Guess whooooooooooooooo? :)

Gibblets
03-20-2015, 11:10 AM
Hi, newbie here.
erm.... I like puppets and stop-motion animation, and when I grow up I want to be a Ghost-buster although some say I'm already grown up.. pfft I say. ;)

Werechicken
03-20-2015, 11:22 AM
I am new here, but obviously the Kickstarter backers will know me.

I live in Columbus, OH, before that I lived in Wheeling, WV. I'm involved in the GB groups of both areas, and friends with a few of the Steel City guys in Pittsburgh.

I'll be a father in July. I love reading, tv, movies, comics, Star Trek, comedy, the Muppets and a bunch of other things

ThomasDN
03-20-2015, 01:59 PM

+1 to that. Sara, are you sure that option is enabled for standard users in this forum?

G1bb3r
03-20-2015, 02:49 PM
What's up guys! My name is Gabriel Herrin and I live in Seattle. I'm a big time board gamer and have been a fan of GB my whole life. Can't wait for October!

sara.miguel
03-20-2015, 02:59 PM

This is what I see.

sara.miguel
03-20-2015, 03:00 PM
I can ask around. Our forum guy is out at GAMA this week...can someone bug me on Monday to ask him, please :)

cfield1588
03-20-2015, 03:04 PM
Sure thing.

Starheart
03-20-2015, 03:59 PM
Hey I am Patrick Wayne Aldred. I have three kids. My son is named after batman and robin. Just a big old nerd in general. I have had the great pleasure of attending san Diego comic con twice in my life. I also have been attending the origins game fair in Columbus Ohio for the past four years. I love Ghostbusters and one of personal idols Bill Murray. This seems like a great community and I am glad to have been apart of helping this game come alive.

OneBigTwinkie
03-22-2015, 07:03 PM
My name is OneBigTwinkie, and I am a long time Ghostbusters fan. My favorite color is now red, but it started at blue and shifted over the years until I got to that point. This is the second Kickstarter I have participated in, but my first was a digital download, so I am exited as all get out to actually have a physical product delivered. My hobbies are cooking, writing, gaming, props, costuming, and special effects. I am trying my best to be a humble, modest man, so I'll keep the otherwise quixotic personal details of my life to a minimum as not to detract from the awesome on-topicness of what is Ghostbusters the board game (save for the brief mention of such in this post).

cfield1588
03-23-2015, 07:19 AM
I can ask around. Our forum guy is out at GAMA this week...can someone bug me on Monday to ask him, please :)

It's Monday and this is your forum guy avatar bug.

ThomasDN
03-23-2015, 08:50 AM

Bugging! :)

Werechicken
03-23-2015, 09:32 AM
cfield's sig seems to be working pretty well

sara.miguel
03-23-2015, 11:26 AM
It's Monday and this is your forum guy avatar bug.

Bugging! :)

OH MY GOODNESS. It's Monday. /dead.

Anyway, I spoke with our tech guy and we have avatars disabled for non employees. It's not something we are enabling either. Too many licensed IP's with the potential to have them abused. And since we are a smaller company, we don't have the man power to police it.

Sorry all. You will all just have to have really awesome signatures.

Werechicken
03-23-2015, 11:45 AM
What if you guys give us an option of say 50 images for avatars? Like you know, old school AOL

Gibblets
03-23-2015, 12:17 PM
I can't find the option to add a signature.
Bit of a strange forum this, lol

Crazy1van
03-25-2015, 05:55 PM
Howdy! My name's Ivan and I'm a Ghostbuster cosplayer who is REALLY looking forward to playing this game!

https://www.facebook.com/ArkhamGhostbusters

Werechicken
03-26-2015, 07:28 AM
Welcome, Ivan! Always good to have some GBs here. I'm part of WV myself

Skyknight
03-26-2015, 01:28 PM
Hello fellow busters,
My name is Dominik(but I go by Skyknight on GBfans and the GBD forum) and I'm also a big Ghostbusters fan and Cosplayer from Germany.
Love the GB since I watched the RGB cartoons as a child. Back then I liked Peter the most, but now it's Ray. Of course the other guys are not too far behind, because they're all cool in their own way.
But I love many other nerdy things as well. Like Star Wars(no prequels), Dr. Who, Animes, MMORPGs and P&P RPGs and boardgames which brought me here.

I couldn't back the project on KS because I don't have a credit card and don't know anybody who does. I even tried to get one just for this purpose but it didn't work out. Now I have to wait until the game hits the shelves to get one.

Hopefully there'll be some ppl who got seconds to sell them and are not so greedy to take double or more of the initial price.
I would be very sad if I had to pay $200 for just the "Paranormal" or $300+ for the "Mass Hysteria" version, because that would be too much.
I'd really like to have the extra content because the new characters(and their combinations with the core ones) and ghosts add to the replay value of the game(and face it the ghosts from the cartoon are just too cool to not have).
I wish all those things wouldn't have been exclusives but purchaseable add-ons that were already included for backers, so the ppl who'll sell them in the future wouldn't be able to rip others off. But I'm putting the carriage before the horse here, I guess I'll know more in October when the game comes out!

I think this game looks awesome and could be as popular(and have also just as high number of expansions) as Zombies!!! I see the same potential in custom scenarios as that game has.

Werechicken
03-26-2015, 01:51 PM
Skyknight, awesome, dude. Sorry the credit card thing didn't work out. We really don't know how much this stuff will be going for online, the good news is, its just figures, the information will be available. Worst case, you use pieces of plastic to stand in for the characters you don't have.

You might want to look into prepaid cards for the future. Don't know how complicated it is overseas though.

Skyknight
03-26-2015, 02:13 PM
No real prepaid cards available around here. They all cost a yearly fee and do a finance check(which is why they won't give me one, because I have still to pay back the greater part of the loan I got years ago for my house)

Werechicken
03-27-2015, 09:52 AM
Sucks, skyknight. Maybe somebody will sell one of their Mass Hysteria games

Skyknight
03-28-2015, 02:15 AM
I would be even happy for the basic Paranormal, because the stuff I want the most is already in there. That's what I would have gotten if KS had accepted paypal, because I didn't have the money for the MH since shipping to me would have been $45. But there's a lot of time left until the game comes out, so I guess I could put a bit more cash aside for the MH and some add-ons.

ThomasDN
03-28-2015, 03:05 AM
You could also ask around here, on boradgamegeek and on the kickstarter comments page. Perhaps someone who bought two games will be willing to sell one to you.

Werechicken
03-30-2015, 05:01 PM
Thomas has a good point.

Skyknight
03-31-2015, 04:05 AM
Well, my thread on boardgamegeek got deleted, because apparently they
do not allow buying/selling arranged through the forums!
On the kickstarter comments page, you can only post if you have backed the project(and if I had been able to do this I wouldn't need to ask around)!
I think the ppl here know by now, that I'm looking for one and I don't want to get extra annoying. I allready annoyed AJ from GBfans so much that he doesn't answer anymore because he doesn't know what things he will get for his shop.

Guess I just have to put up with the scalper prices on ebay after the game comes out! Some days it just sucks to be me!:(

Werechicken
03-31-2015, 10:02 AM
No comment on AJ.

ThomasDN
03-31-2015, 10:50 AM
Dang, that sounds like an uphill battle, Skyknight. I'm sorry for your trouble. :(

Werechicken
03-31-2015, 12:32 PM
Well, you can always ask all of us around here, Skyknight

Skyknight
04-01-2015, 05:13 AM
No comment on AJ.
He was right! I shouldn't have calculated in detail at which prices he'd have to sell the extras to not make any loss!;) At least not at a time when he don't even know what he'll be getting to sell at his shop. I think I would have been annoyed by this, too!

Dang, that sounds like an uphill battle, Skyknight. I'm sorry for your trouble.
It is but that only makes me want the game even more(and not the retail version without all the cool extra stuff)!
And treasure it more, when I finally get to find one.

I don't know what this boards policy on buy/sell threads is, since it's set up by the game developers. I believe they'd rather want me to buy the basic game in retail than ask here for someone to sell me one, because if I do buy from someone else they won't get new money. I guess I will have to ask one of the mods/admins about it first!

ThomasDN
04-01-2015, 09:21 AM
Hmm... What about the backers that don't complete the survey? Those games have already been paid for! ;) You could CZE for one of those games.

Werechicken
04-01-2015, 11:23 AM
Thats true!

BradBosshart
04-02-2015, 08:59 AM
Hmm... What about the backers that don't complete the survey? Those games have already been paid for! ;) You could CZE for one of those games.

Hmmm well, maybe they will offer them on their online store? Or offer them to backers at the KS price?

Werechicken
04-02-2015, 09:59 AM
That is a good question, but what if they just don't make the game if they don't complete the survey?

BradBosshart
04-02-2015, 10:31 AM
Yeah, they could just keep the donation. We don't know if these stragglers justbid a dollar and thought there was a pledge manager.

Werechicken
04-02-2015, 01:22 PM
Exactly, something we should think to ask Sara.

ThomasDN
04-02-2015, 04:58 PM
Nah, facts ruin the fun of theorycrafting! ;)

Skyknight
04-03-2015, 12:02 AM
I asked Sara about buy/sell threads. They're not allowed here, so I can't ask anyone here to sell me one :(

Werechicken
04-03-2015, 08:00 AM
Sure, but you can still make it known, heck even put in your signature what you're looking to get.

Skyknight
04-04-2015, 10:49 AM
Sure, but you can still make it known, heck even put in your signature what you're looking to get.

I think that would be bending the rules. Can't do that if I want to keep "lawful" in my alignment! On the other side, Ghostbusters are chaotic-good, right?

Crazy1van
07-04-2015, 05:13 AM
Well, I've not posted before, so I reckon this is a good place to start. I'm Ivan Schablotski, aka Crazy1van. I do Ghostbusters cosplay and have invested hundreds of dollars in games like Arkham Horror, HorrorClix, Zombiees, Last Night On Earth, Mansion of Madness, etc., all of which now seems like it was merely build up towards this game! REALLY looking forward to October!

Werechicken
07-08-2015, 12:26 PM
Welcome.

BradBosshart
07-11-2015, 06:15 AM
Hi Ivan!

chris_morgan
09-05-2015, 07:35 PM
Hello everyone, my name is Chris Morgan, I live in Lafayette Indiana. I am single, but still live with my dad and little brother, gotta help out with the bills and such, right? Anyways I am a huge fan of gaming, mainly board and card games with rpgs mixed in. I am a big fan of the boys in grey, also love Star Trek (including the reboot stuff), Star Wars(mainly the original Trilogy), Superman, pro wrestling(some favorite wrestlers are Hulk Hogan, Edge, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, CM Punk, Delerious, and Roman Reigns just to name a few). For music I love alot of different genres of music same with movies really but my favorite music artists are in this order....Michael Jackson, Elvis, KISS, Weird Al Yankovic, Beethoven, and followed by many more. What else to say, heckI will just stop there, haha maybevI said too much already.

BradBosshart
09-09-2015, 07:45 AM
Hello everyone, my name is Chris Morgan, I live in Lafayette Indiana. I am single, but still live with my dad and little brother, gotta help out with the bills and such, right? Anyways I am a huge fan of gaming, mainly board and card games with rpgs mixed in. I am a big fan of the boys in grey, also love Star Trek (including the reboot stuff), Star Wars(mainly the original Trilogy), Superman, pro wrestling(some favorite wrestlers are Hulk Hogan, Edge, Kurt Angle, AJ Styles, CM Punk, Delerious, and Roman Reigns just to name a few). For music I love alot of different genres of music same with movies really but my favorite music artists are in this order....Michael Jackson, Elvis, KISS, Weird Al Yankovic, Beethoven, and followed by many more. What else to say, heckI will just stop there, haha maybevI said too much already.

Hi Chris!

Krusticlese
01-18-2016, 11:46 AM
I'm Dustin Remolde. I've been posting on the Facebook page. Got my paint jobs shared through the most recent Kickstarter update, and I just completed a custom Librarian figure for the game.

I've been a Heroclix player since 2003, I also play Quarriors, Zombies, and Mars Attacks (and anything else really). Big comic book fan (Batman, X-Men, Spider-Man, and recently the Ghostbusters IDW books).

In real life I'm a software QA Analyst and I do special effects makeup on the side, with the occasional acting gig in low/ no budget B-horror.

Meankeb
01-18-2016, 09:15 PM
Welcome Dustin!

Werechicken
01-19-2016, 05:03 AM
Yes! More and more people!

BradBosshart
01-23-2016, 11:56 AM
More is better!

ItchyAaron
02-01-2016, 08:11 AM
Good Morning! My name is Aaron. I live in Central Massachusetts, USA and have lived in New England all my life. I'm married with kids. I play board games and Pathfinder RPG. I also play horsey, dolls, tea party, roughhousing, referee, dinosaurs, Thomas Trains, sea creatures, etc. because I'm a dad (and those games are FUN!). Lately I've been playing lots of Zombicide: Black Plague and Ghostbusters: The Board Game. I'm looking forward to the days when we can clear the dinner table and set up a game of Ghostbusters, but still enjoying the age my kids are now.

I'm also looking forward to seeing all the player created scenarios as they come up!

In order to pay the bills I spend 40 hours a week adjudicating disability claims

sara.miguel
02-01-2016, 11:57 AM
In order to pay the bills I spend 40 hours a week adjudicating disability claims

Oof. I did insurance billing (mostly Medicare) for physical therapy and had patients who were on disability/applying for it. You are a strong man.

ItchyAaron
02-02-2016, 12:41 PM
I've been working in the Disability field in some form or function for 10+ years now. I am thankful to have a job that allows me to support my family with this and my (very) part time job. Contrary to many people, I do not find my identity in my job. Rather my identity is in my faith, my family, my military part time job and gaming (in that order).