PDA

View Full Version : DC DBG 2 Character Variant Synergies

MStreva89
03-23-2015, 08:01 AM
This list contains powerful 2 Character combos and lists what game versions they see the most powerful effectiveness along with the reasons as to why they are powerful. These combos listed tend to not share keywords as those combos are considered common sense (ex. Batman + Nightwing, Cyborg + Superman, Martian Manhunter + Wonder Woman, etc.). Some are listed here however as they are more powerful than standard keyword synergies.

Shazam! + Constantine: Classic/Heroes Unite - A very unique but powerful combo that allows you to fish for cards off the Main Deck, while using Constantine to destroy unwanted cards that are stacked to the top without losing benefits. Definitely a Tier 1 pick.

Harley Quinn + Green Arrow: Any game - With the benefit of Harley Quinn drawing cards off the discarded Punches, this combo allows you to ramp extremely fast into the Super-Villain/Hero race or snatch up as many Villains as possible off the Line-Up for cheap. Also cycles thru the deck faster due to the draw aspect.

Wonder Woman + Wonder Woman Crisis: Classic/Heroes Unite - With the ability to thin out your deck of Vulnerabilities as well as have an answer to Weaknesses, this combo makes great use of Wonder Woman's bonus card draw ability by creating a quick and powerful deck for racing the Super-Villains.

Lex Luthor + Saint Walker: Forever Evil - A very similar yet slower version of the above Villain-based combo, this duo does best in the same fashion, but focusing on Heroes. For this reason it is extremely powerful in Forever Evil for quickly racing the Super-Heroes.

Starfire + Starfire Crisis: Any game - While these 2 share a name and a keyword, their synergy is incredible and worth mentioning. The power of Starfire to consistently have a draw every turn is powerful, but when it's shut down you'll be wishing for anything else. Step in Starfire Crisis who can thin out your deck while reactivating Starfire's ability. This bonus is so scary that more often than not, you'll find your opponent buying the Super Powers to prevent your easy destroys, thus opening up Starfire.

Black Manta + Animal Man: Any game - Many players know Black Manta is powerful with his ability to set up bottom deck combos from the Line-Up, but when combined with the +Power effect of Animal Man, you can easily start the game with a Turn 3 Super-Villain/Hero if used correctly. This swift buy can easily snowball a player into a quick race to the finish with his opponent while his deck only gets better.

Black Adam + Sinestro: Any game - Many players over look the ability for Sinestro to draw a card whenever he gains a VP, so naturally knowing this he is an amazing partner for Black Adam, as Sinestro becomes a pseudo-Flash to net a few draw every time Black Adam triggers. This allows you to thin your deck of Super Powers without losing VP and gain quick bonuses. Not to mention Sinestro's bonus for having Attacks.

Bane + Deathstroke: Forever Evil - A downright vile combo that generates an insanely high amount of power early game. Used in Forever Evil you get an even greater bonus by not losing power when destroying Punches in your hand to thin the deck faster. Expect a fast and painful loss when this team is across the table from you.

Bizarro + Aquaman Crisis: Forever Evil - The terror of Forever Evil, this duo can end friendships. Being able to give your opponent all the weaknesses you gain from destroying cards is absurd, but what's worse is that while he's doing that, he's thinning out his own deck and has a defense to gaining Weaknesses. Don't cry if you let your opponent grab this, it's your own fault.

Mister Terrific + Harley Quinn: Any game - When you have the ability to reorder the top 3 cards of your deck, as well as gain an Equipment from there, that's powerful. Add in that you're going to draw a card regardless and you've got an insanely powerful trick that can easily gain you a huge power burst early game and help you combo off in the late game.

White Lantern Deadman + Batman (12): Any game - At first glance player's may be staring at this like something just doesn't seem right with the combo, but the control and power it gives is real. First you can begin by checking your opponent's hand and getting to play a card, potentially a Hero or Equipment to help trigger Batman (12), but then if you trigger the Batman, you get to use another card that you don't own from the Line-Up. This combo doesn't rely on getting those power cards, it relies on seeing them to go off. Watch your opponent struggle on whether or not to buy a card so you can play it with Deadman or leave it in the Line-Up so you can play it with Batman.

ArcaneShadowWolf
04-01-2015, 05:19 AM
Interesting combinations.

LRoq617
04-01-2015, 10:23 AM
I'm surprised you left out Black Adam + Sinestro. That combination is supposed to be gross.

Has Deathstroke had any spectacular interactions with other characters that self trash? I don't think he's particularly great on his own, but he seems like he'd be worthwhile to team with Constantine (probably only in Forever Evil), Bane, or Black Adam.

Vaughnilla619
04-01-2015, 12:58 PM
I still think Aquaman and Bane is the best team if you want to start off fast. If u buy a kick turn 1 then the least amount of power you will have turn 2 is 5 but the most points you could get turn 2 is 8 points.

2conner
04-06-2015, 06:49 PM
I would love to see more.

LRoq617
04-07-2015, 04:33 AM
I still think Aquaman and Bane is the best team if you want to start off fast. If u buy a kick turn 1 then the least amount of power you will have turn 2 is 5 but the most points you could get turn 2 is 8 points.

There's no way Aquaman/Bane isn't disgusting. Potential 8 power on turn 2 to kill the Super = game over, especially if it's Flash. Even if you only hit 7, that's probably netting you a bomb like Lobo, Mind Control Hat, or Super Strength.

MStreva89
04-08-2015, 09:52 AM
I updated my list with a few more combos that I hadn't listed yet. By the way, the Constantine + Deathstroke does not work as the card doesn't get destroyed until the turn ends and you won't get the +1 Power from Deathstroke for it.

Also, Bane + Aquaman is strong, but the idea behind Aquaman is to get combo pieces and start using them to get further in the game, rather than just destroy them for a quick lead. This is where I prefer the Black Manta + Animal Man, which can get the same bonuses consistently, rather than destroying bought cards to get that bonus.

Bomb
04-08-2015, 10:33 AM
I imagine that running Lex Luthor + Wonder Woman together would ultimately result in drawing a ton of cards all game. Not necessarily a specific combo, but generally by having them together, you increase your odds significantly in drawing additional cards at the end of each turn.

Vaughnilla619
04-08-2015, 01:09 PM
Ive used Aquaman + Bane as just an early game monster to get high priced cards and supervillians. Then the additional +2 for destroying the first card u play can come up really handy later in the game when u are just shy by 1 or 2 points from getting one of those last supervillians. You wont be destroying a whole bunch of cards throughout the whole game. Just early to get ahead and then later if needed.

MStreva89
04-09-2015, 06:43 AM
The issue with Aquaman + Bane is you can get very similar if not identical results from Aquaman + Animal Man or Black Manta + Animal Man, without the need to destroy cards in your deck.

midnight_rider
04-13-2015, 05:45 AM
What about Black Manta/Zatana? It seems you could really set up some whopper hands with that combo.

MStreva89
04-13-2015, 06:58 AM
True, you can set up some heavy hitters with that combo, but the issue lies in where do you stop with trying to set up god hands and instead consistently have good hands?

The only place where I can see this really playing a huge role is in Classic where you have The Riddler to make extremely overpowered plays that can end the game in a single turn. Other than that, I don't see losing out on consistent power and card advantage worth the set up.