PDA

View Full Version : Feast of Abundance

Shaqattaq
03-25-2015, 06:01 PM
Any player who logs in between March 30th at 10 AM Pacific until April 6th at 10 AM Pacific will receive the AA Concubunny sleeves. Players who participate in any tournament during that time will earn the AA Concubunny card.

https://hextcg.com/feast-of-abundance/

Daer
03-25-2015, 06:04 PM
Awesome!

Chillraven
03-25-2015, 06:13 PM
Might want to edit the announcement since it states May 30th :-P

katkillad
03-25-2015, 06:18 PM
Did you mean March instead of May?

Shaqattaq
03-25-2015, 06:20 PM
Yeah, the website has a silly cache issue. Some visitors see March, some players see May. If you hard refresh, you'll see the correct date.

YourOpponent
03-25-2015, 06:21 PM
Even though they said May 30th twice in the New announcement they mean March 30th....since March 30th is a Monday but May 30th is a Saturday.

Yeah, the website has a silly cache issue. If you hard refresh, you'll see the correct date.

That updated the bottom date with it saying March 30th instead of May 30th, but the first sentence of the News Announcement still says May 30th instead of March 30th.

katkillad
03-25-2015, 06:22 PM
Freudian slip??? What is coming May 30th? Set 3???

yoyogod
03-25-2015, 06:33 PM
Shame, I was hoping that since arena was out, these would be dropping there too. Oh well, it's not like I have to win a tournament to get them.

Ditsch
03-25-2015, 06:37 PM
The bunny lovers will go nuts. :)

Shippal
03-25-2015, 06:46 PM
Must... get... 90 of them....

(And then sell them for a reasonable profit a year from now.)

But actually I like the regular art better. :P

dogmod
03-25-2015, 07:03 PM
Good timing to get people back into drafting/tournies now that Arena has cooled off just a bit.

Hereward
03-25-2015, 07:12 PM
Good timing to get people back into drafting/tournies now that Arena has cooled off just a bit.

yea about that last patch... I dont think Arena has cooled off one bit thanks to those AAs

Zophie
03-25-2015, 07:20 PM
https://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Concubunny-AA-Sleeve.jpghttp://i.imgur.com/oENbox5.gif

Hellooooo nurse! :D

Parzival
03-25-2015, 07:25 PM
640 kb (kiloboners) is not enough for AA Concubunny!

DanTheMeek
03-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Hex team has found a way to get me to pvp again it seems. Well played Hex team, well played....

YourOpponent
03-25-2015, 08:11 PM
https://hextcg.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/03/Concubunny-AA.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/oENbox5.gif

Hellooooo nurse! :D

I don't know...I think the hat color of the AA concubunny to look too much like a giant zit on hear head!

Zophie
03-25-2015, 08:19 PM
I don't know...I think the hat color of the AA concubunny to look too much like a giant zit on hear head!

lol #cannotbeunseen

wolzarg
03-25-2015, 09:03 PM
Shame, I was hoping that since arena was out, these would be dropping there too. Oh well, it's not like I have to win a tournament to get them.

Exactly its not like the filk ape these are just a very very nice bonus added to the draft experience. Also i might be wrong but isn't this the first Shin'hare sleeve available since alpha and even if it isn't its the only one people outside of a certain tier can have. So that is absolutely awesome because i know a lot of people who have been waiting patiently for that. Thanks Hex you guys are just as awesome as always!

unicornpoopunicornpoopunicornpoop

koisoujiro
03-25-2015, 10:28 PM
Rawr....

Maylick
03-26-2015, 12:00 AM
Awesome as always, guys. Small and big features every week or so is great deal. Also, I believe if you will release dungeons (at least some of them, not all at the time), mercenaries, profiles, foil, double back in this year and go to the Release - we gonna get greatest TCG ever. Not like we don't have it now, tho ;) Just Release status and those sweet features will biuld up community pretty fast. Thanks for bunch of kb you're granting us since HEX was announced.

chromus
03-26-2015, 12:16 AM
Great to see the seasonal events continue! Should have guessed an AA bunny would be for the Easter holidays... :)
Alternate Art Guide (http://www.hexprimal.com/hex-alternate-art-guide/) updated.

Odai
03-26-2015, 05:08 PM
Aaaaand we are back on the normal schedule of making post's about tournaments and get people to spend money on them, nice cover up (with the event) at least this time.

silverlocke
03-26-2015, 06:06 PM
Very Jessica-rabbit yes? yes. Looking forward to 4 of these.

Phenteo
03-26-2015, 10:13 PM
Aaaaand we are back on the normal schedule of making post's about tournaments and get people to spend money on them, nice cover up (with the event) at least this time.

Heaven forbid we, as a business, try to make some money to keep the lights and the servers on.

Yoss
03-26-2015, 11:08 PM
Yeah, asking for everything free is a bit short sighted. The Hex guys work hard and deserve to be paid for the great game they're giving us.

hex_colin
03-26-2015, 11:20 PM
Heaven forbid we, as a business, try to make some money to keep the lights and the servers on.

QFT.

But, but, but the KS money!!! You have all you need! ;)

More seriously, every time I see comments like Odai's I wonder why people can't do the simple arithmetic it would take to work out just how expensive it is to create a game like this. The KS money doesn't last very many months when you're supporting a team the size of the HEX team, buying in 1000's of pieces of art, feeding hamsters, supporting Cory's Starbucks habit, etc. People buying packs and playing tournaments pays for the free stuff!

szimek
03-27-2015, 12:32 AM

http://i169.photobucket.com/albums/u229/szimek/giphy_zpsytawhogq.gif (http://s169.photobucket.com/user/szimek/media/giphy_zpsytawhogq.gif.html)

Odai
03-27-2015, 02:31 AM

Nothing wrong with that, its just annoying to see allmost only news about tournaments, tournaments, tournaments on the front page, as one of your pve backer i feel more and more peter molyneux'ed after all this time the only thing i got is the frost arena now... waiting for this long for any of all the stuff you promised is quite depressing.
The game will have 10 sets before it will be finished(out of beta)... as a new player its hard to get into a game that has allready so many sets and it will be expensive and confusing to get a grip, which can push people away from it.

So maybe try your sarkasm on people that didnt spend a shitload of money for "your" game and for something they are waiting for years by now...

Kroan
03-27-2015, 02:53 AM
I mean... Didn't we just get the Frost Arena? I know I am a pessimist, but geez... Talk about being negative. Game development takes time. For all Molyneux did wrong with promising, I think in his interview he was being honest and made a decent point which boils down to being innovative and developing a game is very hard (maybe even impossible) to plan.

Hex has been making extremly good promise. But to keep the train going, money is needed. Money comes mainly from people playing the PvP part of the game (the paid portion, shocker!). This means between developing PvE (which is already incredible with the insane amount of equipment, pve cards and the frost arena) HexEnt has to devote a big part towards tournaments and new sets.

So rather than being a negative nancy, you could start bring some constructive criticism. Do feedback about what we have. What is to be improved and help spread the word. A better PvE experience starts with you!

tecnophi
03-27-2015, 03:40 AM

Don't forget the server hamsters either. They need food, water, wheel maintenance, hazard pay, life insurance, take care of their little hamster families, etc. It costs money.

RIP Jon

DocX
03-27-2015, 05:55 AM
Nothing wrong with that, its just annoying to see allmost only news about tournaments, tournaments, tournaments on the front page, as one of your pve backer i feel more and more peter molyneux'ed after all this time the only thing i got is the frost arena now... waiting for this long for any of all the stuff you promised is quite depressing.
The game will have 10 sets before it will be finished(out of beta)... as a new player its hard to get into a game that has allready so many sets and it will be expensive and confusing to get a grip, which can push people away from it.

Wow, so you're already finished with Arena? You played through the several times with several decks, beat it 20-0, beat Urunaz and have all the gold and equipment? Dude, you're awesome!

So maybe try your sarkasm on people that didnt spend a shitload of money for "your" game and for something they are waiting for years by now...

I presume, since you didn't give me any money, my sarkasm [sic] is fine? Or am I similarly prevented from mocking you and your sense of entitlement?

Aradon
03-27-2015, 07:05 AM
Yeah, we just got arena, which is a big deal. I don't think anyone reasonably expected news of the next major PvE feature within weeks of Arena release. Give them time to get it done, jeez.

wolzarg
03-29-2015, 01:59 PM
I'm so confused what exactly is it you are mad about? I mean yes the majority of updates is about pvp stuff but did you expect something pve related back to back with the arena? Also its not like they are saying here are these special super awesome bonus turnaments that for only 500p extra gives you a sleeve. Its a minor bonus added on top of the normal stuff for tournament runners and a sleeve for everyone.

On another note what time would this hit because for me the 30th is in 1 hour so yeah should i get excited or go to sleep?

NOBLEStarshield
03-29-2015, 07:01 PM
Expect it at 10AM PST :)

RXMaverick
03-30-2015, 03:03 PM
So I deleted my e-mail not knowing what it was. How do I get a code?

Warrender
03-30-2015, 03:14 PM
Yeah, I deleted my email as well. :(

Scammanator
03-30-2015, 03:17 PM
So I deleted my e-mail not knowing what it was. How do I get a code?

During the Night of Bells everyone had the same code.

I think mine was "GFeast of Abundance 2015 Login". Try that.

RCDv57
03-30-2015, 04:58 PM

Confirmed, kinda long though.

NOBLEStarshield
03-30-2015, 05:11 PM

Yes this is correct, You can redeem it under the store tab > redeem code in game :)

RXMaverick
03-31-2015, 04:43 AM
Thanks to all.

aerion111
03-31-2015, 04:50 AM
I'm not entirely sure if I screwed up something...
I went into the only non-'Professional' tournament I could find - I've no interest in competing for prizes, I just want the card art - but when I finished, the 'congratulations, you've won prizes' mail was empty.
I don't think I own Concubunny, so I can't check if I've got alternate art either.

Of course, given the previous responses, I'm sure the response will be 'Dude, you're not giving us all your money, get lost n00b', but I do hold some hope they've got some people capable of a professional response.

Warrender
03-31-2015, 05:16 AM
I'm not entirely sure if I screwed up something...
I went into the only non-'Professional' tournament I could find - I've no interest in competing for prizes, I just want the card art - but when I finished, the 'congratulations, you've won prizes' mail was empty.
I don't think I own Concubunny, so I can't check if I've got alternate art either.

Of course, given the previous responses, I'm sure the response will be 'Dude, you're not giving us all your money, get lost n00b', but I do hold some hope they've got some people capable of a professional response.

Uh, was it the 2-player tournament queue by any chance? Yeah, they don't give anything out for winning those except for a tiny bit of gold.

Whoops, looks like I spoke too soon. LOL. - http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42391

aerion111
03-31-2015, 05:59 AM
Uh, was it the 2-player tournament queue by any chance? Yeah, they don't give anything out for winning those except for a tiny bit of gold.

Whoops, looks like I spoke too soon. LOL. - http://forums.cryptozoic.com/showthread.php?t=42391

Hey, point me to a larger free tournament, and I'll happily play that.

'Infinity Wars' gives me a card for logging in every day, and another for playing three games (win or lose), all of which is free.
I feel like Hex can afford to give me a bloody alternative-art, even if they decide to go the Heartstone route and require X amount of won matches.

Warrender
03-31-2015, 06:04 AM
Hey, point me to a larger free tournament, and I'll happily play that.

'Infinity Wars' gives me a card for logging in every day, and another for playing three games (win or lose), all of which is free.
I feel like Hex can afford to give me a bloody alternative-art, even if they decide to go the Heartstone route and require X amount of won matches.

The only completely free tournament that gives out any kind of meaningful prizes is the community-run FiveShards Cup:

http://fiveshards.com/the-shard-cup/

aerion111
03-31-2015, 06:32 AM
The only completely free tournament that gives out any kind of meaningful prizes is the community-run FiveShards Cup:

http://fiveshards.com/the-shard-cup/

That's too late, though.
And probably won't give me an alternative art.

DuroNL
04-01-2015, 07:18 AM
I Like my new sleeves :D

now for the AA cards...

HarbingerZero
04-07-2015, 06:14 AM

Heaven forbid you should acknowledge that there are some players who spent hundreds of dollars on this to play the MMOTCG you promised us, and not tournaments and PvP throwdowns.

Seriously, if you can win something through PvP, it should also be available through PvE. Same in reverse too - if you are offering some AA through PvE, it should be available to tourney players as well.

This is not a hard concept.

Xenavire
04-07-2015, 09:06 AM
Heaven forbid you should acknowledge that there are some players who spent hundreds of dollars on this to play the MMOTCG you promised us, and not tournaments and PvP throwdowns.

Seriously, if you can win something through PvP, it should also be available through PvE. Same in reverse too - if you are offering some AA through PvE, it should be available to tourney players as well.

AA's of PvP cards were never promised to PvE players.

That is all that needs to be said here.

RobHaven
04-07-2015, 10:55 AM

I completely disagree. For the sake of a healthy economy, I want the PvE and PvP separate.

HarbingerZero
04-07-2015, 12:14 PM
I completely disagree. For the sake of a healthy economy, I want the PvE and PvP separate.

If PvE cards can not be used in PvP, what is there to imbalance the economy?

AA's of PvP cards were never promised to PvE players.

That is all that needs to be said here.

There are no PvP cards. There are cards, and there are PvE-only cards. Fundamental mistake leading to an incorrect worldview, a common problem.

Xenavire
04-07-2015, 01:49 PM
There are no PvP cards. There are cards, and there are PvE-only cards. Fundamental mistake leading to an incorrect worldview, a common problem.

You are deluding yourself - there are paid, platinum currency cards (anything out of packs), and there are free to earn for anyone (PvE cards.)

It doesn't matter in the least whether or not you can play with one somewhere and not somewhere else, it is the source that matters. A paid source generally means you pay to get whatever version of that, with exceptions (like the generous method of getting AA's for gold in the store.)

For every other AA though? So far the standard is, and always has been, paid sources, or giveaways. If there will ever be AA cards dropping in PvE, I would hope they would be PvE cards, dropping for a short duration at a high rate, or crafted.