PDA

View Full Version : "Release dates" and their meaning

Tamahome
03-26-2015, 06:40 PM
Ive been an avid gamer for 20 years, competitively with vs/mtg and also a big time video game player. For me, a release date has always been a firm time on when i can go into a brick and mortar store and purchase a product when it arrives, based on the retailers street date. Ive been told by numerous stores that the jsa crossover pack isnt even available to order from Alliance distribution yet (again, told this is cryptozoics exclusive distributor).

To me i find this frustrating. I work hard, and the game my friends and I prefer is the dc deck building game. So when we hear of a new product we get hyped. We talk about it. We look for spoilers. Sleeper characters, new main deck cards to expand are game, and hopefully our fun along with it. However, with every "release date" i cant seem to acquire the product on release date. This has been true since heroes unite with every dc release. My question, and if it gets deleted or i dont get the answer i want or an answer you think i wont understand, i just want you to take my money. Thats all im asking. Just honor your release date. I will always love this game.

vato315
03-26-2015, 08:03 PM
Preach. I've got my name on a list at all my stores. I just want my pack.

midnight_rider
03-27-2015, 08:19 AM
I called my FLGS on the 25th before I made the trip and they say it was still showing as a pre-order. That was a bummer. Hopefully next week.

Skinner
03-27-2015, 09:48 AM
Hey guys,

We definitely hear you. When we announce a release date we expect it to be met by our distributors, and we need to know if that's not happening so thank you for taking the time to let us know about this. I've been in your shoes and been hyped up for a release, only to arrive at my local store to be told it's not available... not fun!

That said, I spoke with Alliance earlier this week and confirmed that the JSA Crossover Pack was shipping, so there definitely seems to be some confusion somewhere; hopefully you can help us figure out where. Tamahome, could you shoot me a private message (click on my name, then Private Message) with details as to where you're located, what stores you've talked to, who their sales rep with Alliance is, etc... any details you can provide would be great so I can look into what's going on and hopefully get JSA into everyone's hands who are looking for it!

Thanks again for taking the time to post this, and for your understanding!

vato315
03-27-2015, 11:23 AM
That's what I like about the people at Cryptozoic, always willing to go the extra mile. Thanks. Can't wait to play JSA.

Skinner
03-27-2015, 11:33 AM
Thanks again folks. In the mean time, if you're wanting to make sure you get a copy we do still have some available on our eStore (http://store.cryptozoic.com/product-p/dccrossover_jsa_game.htm).

extreme77
03-28-2015, 09:04 AM
We got JSA crossover from our FLGS even before the official release date. Curious indeed, how asymmetric the distribution is.

midnight_rider
04-04-2015, 01:23 PM
My FLGS has had the order in but still hasn't received them. They don't know what the problem is. I can wait, but the release process seems wonky. On the distributor end I'm sure.

aoineko
04-04-2015, 07:12 PM
My local shop in SoCal got them this previous Wednesday.