PDA

View Full Version : My very first time playing HEX

ArcaneShadowWolf
04-06-2015, 04:28 AM
Hello everyone, I recently found out about Hex couple days ago when surfing on Cryptozoic Youtube channel to see more deck building game introductions. I saw the Hex intro, how it's almost like Magic The Gathering, but a little different and has that good flavor into it. I went to the official Hex website, read the gameplay and other overviews, I immediately created a Hex account, and downloaded the Beta. I then made a username and chose my starter deck, went through tutorials to see how the gameplay was. Then tried trial starter to get use to the game and the mechanics, and yea I actually got into it. I'm still a starter with beginner deck, but I will keep playing Hex often to get more powerful cards , and customizing my deck better. I also wanted to say, as a long time MTG fan since 2010, I highly accept Hex. My reason is Hex has a lot of flavor into it that it seems a bit better than digital MTG games like Duels Of The Planeswalkers. It's also stupid how Wizards Of The Coast is suing Cryptozoic on Hex all because Hex has many similarities to MTG. As a fan of MTG I'm ok with Hex and I really hope Cryptozoic wins the case, because I can see Hex becoming another popular TCG that rivals with MTG. Keep Hex alive Cryptozoic, and I really hope someday you start making actual Hex physical TCG in the future, since I really do like playing card games in physical form, but digital is ok too. Again I hope you win this case against WOTC, and making physical Hex cards in a matter of time.

Tachi_The_Lion
04-06-2015, 04:34 AM
Great to hear you're enjoying the game.

I for one though is against physical Hex cards. Vanity souvenir for people visiting Hex HQ and whatnot, sure. But organized tournaments with physical cards will only split the player base.

Arynt
04-06-2015, 04:51 AM
I'm reasonably certain that Hex will not see a physical release, simply because the things Hex wants to do rely on a digital environment. There are all sorts of things right now that just can't work very well in a physical environment such as escalation, things that affect cards in your deck/hand, or changing stats for cards that persist for the entire game.

ArcaneShadowWolf
04-06-2015, 05:02 AM
I'm reasonably certain that Hex will not see a physical release, simply because the things Hex wants to do rely on a digital environment. There are all sorts of things right now that just can't work very well in a physical environment such as escalation, things that affect cards in your deck/hand, or changing stats for cards that persist for the entire game.

I guess your right in way, but yea anything is possible. Hex is still new so we don't know the future of Hex. I don't mind the spin offs either such as novels of Hex, etc. Anyways I'm still new to Hex since just played it today, and it got me all hyped of a possible physical tcg of hex and novels lol. Either way digital or physical, I can see Hex becoming very popular soon, and may rival with MTG

Slaeer
04-06-2015, 06:41 AM
There's already a novel out for Hex. It's called "The Accidental Knight" by Christie Golden. I highly recommend reading it if you like game lore. I believe you can get it on Amazon.

nicosharp
04-06-2015, 09:21 AM
I'm glad you are enjoying the game! Welcome. Send me an in-game mail, let me know your favorite shard/archetype, and I'll send you a goodie (ign: nicosharp)

There are two reasons why this game will never see cardboard form:
1) There are mechanics and many instances of deck shuffling which would make this very difficult to play a paper card version. A lot of cards that create other random cards.
2) This game being 100% digital allows the price point to be much lower for packs and tournaments than it would be for their cardboard predecessors.

Those two reasons also make it a lot different than magic, and makes it fairly obvious that the suit MTG is pursuing against HEX will not amount to much.

Xexist
04-06-2015, 02:47 PM
My IGN is Asimov.

Send me a message as well and I will toss a few cards your way :)

ArcaneShadowWolf
04-06-2015, 10:18 PM
I'm glad you are enjoying the game! Welcome. Send me an in-game mail, let me know your favorite shard/archetype, and I'll send you a goodie (ign: nicosharp)

There are two reasons why this game will never see cardboard form:
1) There are mechanics and many instances of deck shuffling which would make this very difficult to play a paper card version. A lot of cards that create other random cards.
2) This game being 100% digital allows the price point to be much lower for packs and tournaments than it would be for their cardboard predecessors.

Those two reasons also make it a lot different than magic, and makes it fairly obvious that the suit MTG is pursuing against HEX will not amount to much.

I can see where you guys are coming from about a paper version of Hex, you guys are right I guess Thanks dude for offering the share, my deck is still not that good since it's a starter, and still need to keep playing to pull better cards, i run the humans crystal/saphire starter. I've always been a fan of strength in numbers, and buffs when it comes to white magic. my username on Hex is same as this cryptozoic account.

Dont forget to add captials of A,S, and W when adding me, again thank you i would like some practice sometimes.

ArcaneShadowWolf
04-06-2015, 10:19 PM
There's already a novel out for Hex. It's called "The Accidental Knight" by Christie Golden. I highly recommend reading it if you like game lore. I believe you can get it on Amazon.

Thanks I will look into it shortly.

majin
04-07-2015, 04:17 AM
OT: can someone remind me on how a KS backer download the accidental knight? thanks

Warrender
04-07-2015, 04:29 AM
OT: can someone remind me on how a KS backer download the accidental knight? thanks

Go to https://hextcg.com/hex-novel/ and log in with your account info for the download link.

majin
04-10-2015, 03:31 PM
thanks, I missed this thread until now

Cirouss
04-12-2015, 05:15 AM
Great write up of a new player perspective! Welcome to HEX my friend! We shall see us ingame or on my stream :)