PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Sleevchievements

dogmod
04-06-2015, 04:35 PM
I know achievements are on the way. I know that we already have some stuff like the Uruunaz sleeve. Just two things.

First I wanted to coin the term Sleevchievment. Now that is out of the way I mostly wanted to start this post as a brain storm for various sleevchievments I would like to see and that I think would encourage positive play experience and replayability. Feel free to add yours on to this.

Sleevechievments:

First tournament
First tournament win
First daily tournament win
Win a tournament with every different champion.
Set of Set 1 or set 2 cards
Full playset
Win 10 tournaments
Win a primal
Win a tournament with a mono color deck
Complete Arena with every different PVE champion

What other ones can you think of?

wolzarg
04-06-2015, 04:37 PM
The collection ones are bad because revoking sleeves if you stop fullfilling it is horrible and otherwise you will just have collections being sent around to cap the achivement for everyone making it a non achivement and just a free sleeve.

Zophie
04-06-2015, 04:40 PM
First I wanted to coin the term Sleevchievment.
sleevchievments
Sleevechievments

Better stick with the first spelling and stay consistent in subsequent usage if you want to coin the term.

Pedantic nitpicking aside, I like the idea of more sleevcheevemonts, and I'm sure we'll see more in the future when actual achievements are also implemented.

funktion
04-06-2015, 04:46 PM
It is definitely possible to overload on sleeves. Having them just available like candy so early on (im talking DRAMATICALLY more than what we currently have) feels like it would take away from their luster.

What I can definitely imagine is some sort of very broad achievement system, a subset of which offer sleeves. Having meta-achievements which grant them along with a few other possibilities definitely seems interesting. Even sleeves which "level-up" over time. Awarding a somewhat bland one the first time you win an 8-man and then adding a few embellishments on your tenthish win or so seems pretty cool.

kaiizza
04-06-2015, 04:48 PM
Better stick with the first spelling and stay consistent in subsequent usage if you want to coin the term.

Pedantic nitpicking aside, I like the idea of more sleevcheevemonts, and I'm sure we'll see more in the future when actual achievements are also implemented.

I see what you did there

dogmod
04-06-2015, 04:56 PM

As a fan of pedantic nitpicking I salute you.

Also like funktion's idea of "leveling" sleeves.

All this being said I feel like us Kickstarter backer's are perhaps sleeve inundated but I am sure that people who are just starting out would appreciate the challenge/motivation of being able to achieve some sleeves outside of the arena.

KingGabriel
04-07-2015, 05:45 AM
Animated sleeves or riot!

MasterN64
04-07-2015, 05:49 AM
I prefer the term asleevements. It sounds better.

Ertzi
04-07-2015, 12:24 PM
Holy [manure], leveling sleeves sounds awesome! Maybe when you have played with certain sleeves enough, they become animated? Or you could color them yourself? Or the art would change appearance, like become 'metallic' or something. I want mine to dance and sing. Man, this game just keeps oozing possibilities.

bootlace
04-07-2015, 12:28 PM
+1 on leveling sleeves, nice one Funktion.

N3rd4Christ
04-07-2015, 01:38 PM
BWoD Sleeves!

Yoss
04-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Something we'll "need" very soon is an effective means of showing off all the vanity stuff.

For sleeves, I like the random rotation idea, where you can build a collection of sleeves to use (and not use) and then the sleeve changes every turn as you're playing the game. That way you get to display a lot more sleeves.

For cards, we've already pretty much got it covered.

For other achievements, I'm thinking some sort of badge/sticker system for the game board, where you pick your top 5 (or whatever) to display on your play mat. And you could have it also use the same rotation algorithm as the sleeves so that you can actually display more on a rotational basis.

Sorveris
04-08-2015, 02:47 PM
This sounds like a great idea, especially Yoss' rotational concept.

Yoss
04-08-2015, 02:54 PM
This sounds like a great idea, especially Yoss' rotational concept.

I'm not entirely sure I'm the one who thought of it, but thanks.

Zophie
04-08-2015, 03:14 PM
I'm not entirely sure I'm the one who thought of it, but thanks.

I've mentioned the idea a couple times in my post history, I'll gladly take credit for it, but more important is whether it actually gets implemented though ;)

Shippal
04-08-2015, 05:36 PM
In most games, achievements are used as a means to "give" new players some early currency without it dramatically destroying the economy. In HEX, that would translate to some early cards (see: Starter Trials), some early gold (back end of the Starter Trials), and possibly a little bit of platinum.

The important thing to me would be to use achievements as a guide to get players to try all of the various formats of the game. For example, for an achievement of completing your first draft, give a draft ticket (essentially making the first draft "free", but requiring the player to invest into the game to get it).

Achievements that give visual-only rewards should be the "pinnacle" achievements, such as winning 5 random opponents in PG in a row, or beating every opponent in a certain dungeon (which requires multiple plays through to do).

That all being said, I do like the ideas for things that we can unlock from this that are posted above, like rotating/leveling up sleeves, or stickers on the game board. Other things that we could think about would be AA champion art, alternate sounds (AS?) when players play certain cards, or even alternate background music.