PDA

View Full Version : Last VIP undefeated decklists?

bleeding_warrior
04-06-2015, 11:09 PM
I assume there hasn't been a post yet with the undefeated decklists from the last VIP constructed tournament... or have I missed it out? I've played against an interesting deck which I believe has not registered a loss so was curious to have a look...

OutlandishMatt
04-09-2015, 10:45 PM
Bumping because I remember reading this post and never saw a reply.

Mascus
04-10-2015, 02:21 AM
I would also be super interested to see the undefeated list :)

Avaian
04-10-2015, 06:43 AM
I was actually thinking about making a post about this today. I always enjoy seeing how the meta changes.

Saeijou
04-10-2015, 07:32 AM
and i thought i just somehow missed it..

Tazelbain
04-10-2015, 08:25 AM
Are the VIPs relevant to the meta any more? Feels like the the two large player tournaments are pretty in control of the meta.

Tension
04-16-2015, 04:04 AM
Are the VIPs relevant to the meta any more? Feels like the the two large player tournaments are pretty in control of the meta.

While the VIPs may not be 'in control' of the meta, I'm sure a lot of people(including myself) would be interested in seeing which decks went undefeated in those tournaments.

Or it could just be the 5 of us in this thread.

Ertzi
04-16-2015, 04:20 AM
Nope, make that 6. Always super interested to see what decks perform well, so that I can get ideas of my own, or just blatantly steal them :D I don't have time to test decks, so I mostly follow the meta and absorb decks that way (when I need a tier 1 deck that is, I make all my casual and PvE decks myself), although I might still tweak them.

Vorpal
04-17-2015, 01:24 PM
The undefeated deck lists are up now:

https://hextcg.com/march-vip-decklists/

The list is dominated by absolute tons of almost identical mono sapphire decks.
A couple blood/diamond control decks, a couple gore storm decks.
One or two oddball decks

It's useful to look at this list and reflect on all the cries that gorestorm needed to be nerfed because it was just too strong. Usually it is helpful to give things time to shake out.

Champion breakdown (28):

Bertram Cragraven: 12 (42.8%)
Zared Venomscorn: 5
Poca: 5
Wyatt: 3
Bunoshi: 2
Dimmid: 1

By comparison

January: (33)

Poca: 14 (42.4%)
Dimmid: 5
Zared Venomscorn: 4
Running Deer: 2
Giles: 2
One Eye: 1
Bunoshi: 1
Gozzog: 1

As you can see, Betram is dominating march even more heavily than poca's gorestorm dominated january.

N3rd4Christ
04-17-2015, 01:44 PM
Such variety!

Tension
04-17-2015, 03:05 PM
The undefeated deck lists are up now:

https://hextcg.com/march-vip-decklists/

The list is dominated by absolute tons of almost identical mono sapphire decks.
A couple blood/diamond control decks, a couple gore storm decks.
One or two oddball decks

It's useful to look at this list and reflect on all the cries that gorestorm needed to be nerfed because it was just too strong. Usually it is helpful to give things time to shake out.

Champion breakdown (28):

Bertram Cragraven: 12 (42.8%)
Zared Venomscorn: 5
Poca: 5
Bunoshi: 2
Dimmid: 1

By comparison

January: (33)

Poca: 14 (42.4%)
Dimmid: 5
Zared Venomscorn: 4
Running Deer: 2
Giles: 2
One Eye: 1
Bunoshi: 1
Gozzog: 1

As you can see, Betram is dominating march even more heavily than poca's gorestorm dominated january.

Isn't the difference between 42.8% and 42.4% rather small? I would have said that their dominance is rather similar, although it's hard to tell without knowing exactly how many were played.
Also, of those bertram decks there is 1 Sapphire Wild, 2 dwarf rush decks and 1 Sapphire Ruby w/ Shoggoth.

I find it interesting that there were NO Dimmid Diamond Ruby decks, especially since it seemed (from what I saw) to do fairly well in the Wild Cup. I thought that there might've been at least a couple there. Perhaps because of the mono sapphire dominated field, it simply had too many bad match-ups?

Surprised that mine was the only blood/sapphire deck to go undefeated o.0

RanaDunes
04-17-2015, 03:51 PM
Zero wild cards used in the list.
Interesting...

Xenavire
04-17-2015, 03:53 PM
Zero wild champs used in the list.
Interesting...

Fixed that - wild cards were definitely used.

Selanius
04-17-2015, 04:13 PM
I think Ruby/Diamond Dimmid has a fairly good matchup against the mono-sapphire menace.

Kami
04-17-2015, 04:20 PM
To be fair, I almost went 4-0 with a Jank Bot deck but I misplayed it in the final round. ^^;

Saeijou
04-17-2015, 04:30 PM
To be fair, I almost went 4-0 with a Jank Bot deck but I misplayed it in the final round. ^^;

what kind of jankbot? jank feast?